Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 63202 times)

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2022, 03:20:51 pm »
People wearing jeans in the gym. Been one a day recently and it's so fucking weird.

On the urinal thing that's actually me although I agree it's weird. Basically when I was about 12/13 I had what I can only describe as urinal anxiety stood in between a couple of people and couldn't go, even though I was absolutely desperate, which led to serious bladder discomfort! Ever since then I've developed a mental block and still struggle to do it now, so I don't bother trying anymore and just wait for a cubicle.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2022, 03:25:54 pm »
I am in the boozer section on RAWK all the time, and I can't pin down what rob1966 does for a living. I have seen him talk about driving, doing techy computer work, and more. Proper weird, I reckon there is 6 people using his account.  ;D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2022, 03:44:53 pm »
I am in the boozer section on RAWK all the time, and I can't pin down what rob1966 does for a living. I have seen him talk about driving, doing techy computer work, and more. Proper weird, I reckon there is 6 people using his account.  ;D

But hopefully only one that talks about his Manc wife. For his sake at least.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2022, 03:59:53 pm »

You must be joking, I could write a 600 page biography of Rob  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2022, 04:09:34 pm »
You must be joking, I could write a 600 page biography of Rob  ;D

Same here. If you don't know he works for IT for a hire firm and does trucking sometimes then you've not been paying close attention at all  ;D

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2022, 04:33:51 pm »
Same here. If you don't know he works for IT for a hire firm and does trucking sometimes then you've not been paying close attention at all  ;D

You know I say biography, but it would turn into more of a manifesto: Rob's views on drivers, SUVs, women drivers, bikes, quality of driving in the Manchester area, would be an opus on it's own.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2022, 04:38:08 pm »
You know I say biography, but it would turn into more of a manifesto: Rob's views on drivers, SUVs, women drivers, bikes, quality of driving in the Manchester area, would be an opus on it's own.

You’ve missed off his childhood in the wilds of Kirkby and Mrs Rob’s offensive flatulence.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2022, 04:40:28 pm »

You didn't pay enough attention, the trucking is on Saturdays.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2022, 04:41:06 pm »
You’ve missed off his childhood in the wilds of Kirkby and Mrs Rob’s offensive flatulence.

A whole spin-off series about his brother the fighting chef as well

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2022, 04:42:55 pm »

What about the mother in law and defecating?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2022, 04:46:08 pm »
Are you Wallace or Gromitt?

Nah, if he were, he'd have nabbed the rabbit in the 'bunny-catcher-o-matic'
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2022, 04:59:45 pm »

:D

Loves a rumble, then cooks a crumble.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2022, 05:11:54 pm »
You didn't pay enough attention, the trucking is on Saturdays.

Saturdays come under "sometimes"  ;D I'm also fairly sure it's not every Sat.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2022, 07:21:33 pm »
You lot have been paying attention ;D

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2022, 09:49:42 pm »
:D

Loves a rumble, then cooks a crumble.

;D ;D
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2022, 11:09:47 pm »
People who go back to work the very next day after returning from a holiday. Know someone from a previous job whose flight landed at 1am, got home at 3am and was up for work at 8am. Pure madness, surely your work isn't that important that you can't take a day to relax and recharge your batteries a bit. It's not that he couldn't take that day off btw, he chose not to.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2022, 11:18:21 pm »
People who go back to work the very next day after returning from a holiday. Know someone from a previous job whose flight landed at 1am, got home at 3am and was up for work at 8am. Pure madness, surely your work isn't that important that you can't take a day to relax and recharge your batteries a bit. It's not that he couldn't take that day off btw, he chose not to.

Depends how many days you have to play with surely. Sometimes you want to max out available holidays so if you can go in a bit knackered (or work from home these days!) if that means you can take more time off at a later date then why not?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2022, 11:56:29 pm »

I spent nearly 3 months living on a campsite in Holland in 2003. Got home about 4 or 5 on a Saturday afternoon. Messaged my old boss from a nightclub I worked in before I left around 8pm to see if there was any shifts going. I was behind the bar an hour later  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 1, 2022, 08:02:22 am »

As Nick says it depends on how many days I've got left and if I need them. We've done Thursday to Thursday and I've gone in on Friday due to not having enough days left, also gone in the day after getting back from Orlando, which is a bit of a killer after the overnight flight and no sleep for about 36 hours.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 2, 2022, 10:44:52 pm »
I just opened a box of tissues (Kleenex type) made by Royale.

for some bizarre reason, the tear-off bit to access the tissues is on the opposite side from the Royale name, so when in use that's the side it's sitting on - and there is not a thing visible to tell you who makes them.

never seen this before, any item.  maybe they're ashamed of their own product.  :)

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 3, 2022, 01:16:50 pm »
I find it pretty odd that the more you get paid generally the less you do in terms of work.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #101 on: July 3, 2022, 01:18:17 pm »
Pulling their keks down at a urinal so their arse is showin while they suck their thumb

I mean I'm a feminist at heart but some ladies should really show some more decorum

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 3, 2022, 01:26:01 pm »
I find it pretty odd that the more you get paid generally the less you do in terms of work.

I find it weird that the more important jobs get paid less as they are seen to be menial when they really aren't. When I started at our place as a driver, we were paid the least of everyone, so I had to come off the vans and go into the Branches then IT to earn a decent wage, but if we didn't deliver the stuff to site on time/collect it when needed, the company didn't make any money. When I did my ADR, the instructor was saying that when he was on the fuel tankers, the drivers back in the 70's drove Jags and earned double what the managers did, as they had the most important and dangerous jobs. That's all changed now and the drivers are on shit wages.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #103 on: July 4, 2022, 01:42:01 am »
take a day to relax and recharge your batteries a bit.

Better to do that at work and get paid for the privilege then straight home to bed

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #104 on: July 4, 2022, 11:47:05 am »
Saturdays come under "sometimes"  ;D I'm also fairly sure it's not every Sat.

Every other Saturday is his half day off and it's off to the match he goes..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 6, 2022, 07:35:27 pm »
When a player of a losing team in a cup final stays on the pitch and watches on as the winners lift the cup. Always found that a bit weird, like does it not bother them that it should've/could've been them

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 7, 2022, 07:41:03 am »
People bringing in cakes and treats and stuff to the office for their birthday. Why should you spend your hard-earned on feeding every other fucker with treats and have people you barely know or like wandering over and helping themselves? Surely others should arrange something for you if anyones arsed at all.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 7, 2022, 07:49:25 am »
People bringing in cakes and treats and stuff to the office for their birthday. Why should you spend your hard-earned on feeding every other fucker with treats and have people you barely know or like wandering over and helping themselves? Surely others should arrange something for you if anyones arsed at all.

This was done in our office too and it was so weird, never understood it at all.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 7, 2022, 08:09:16 am »

It makes some sense in a way, if everyone participates. Makes it easier than trying to figure out who is going to do it if you are getting them for someone else - everyone pays for their own birthday. And that means they can pick something they like.

Some of my team used to do it before WFH, but it all falls apart a bit when half the team don't do it themselves.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 7, 2022, 08:24:37 am »
Tory voters

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #110 on: July 7, 2022, 08:27:03 am »
Tory voters

Depends. If you want to protect your ill gotten gains from the taxman vote Tory.

What’s weird are working class people who vote Tory. Very weird.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 7, 2022, 09:23:35 am »
Depends. If you want to protect your ill gotten gains from the taxman vote Tory.

What’s weird are working class people who vote Tory. Very weird.

Absolutely. Voting for the people who spend their lives trying to fuck you over.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #112 on: July 7, 2022, 07:49:14 pm »
Walking past people that don't say hello to you when you've walked past them several times before and they've always said hello. Don't get that one at all. Is it you? Is it me?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 7, 2022, 09:00:24 pm »
The obsession some people have for absolute perfection in everything 🤷

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 7, 2022, 09:03:01 pm »
The obsession some people have for absolute perfection in everything 🤷

Good post, though you missed out a full stop at the end of your sentence.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 7, 2022, 10:24:52 pm »
In my first ever office job, I was asked to bring in stuff for my birthday and I was absolutely bewildered. I immediately asked, "shouldn't it be the other way round?" Got some strange looks but it's never made sense to me.

Also people in the office whose mugs are completely brown inside due to leaving tea in there. Always found that disgusting when everyone else thinks it's completely normal.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #116 on: July 7, 2022, 10:35:59 pm »
Good post, though you missed out a full stop at the end of your sentence.
;D.

Time is weird.
I only woke up for work on Monday morning a few hours ago ( it seems ) and now it's fucking Thursday night  :o
The weeks are flying by scarily fast  :(
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 7, 2022, 10:45:34 pm »
In my first ever office job, I was asked to bring in stuff for my birthday and I was absolutely bewildered. I immediately asked, "shouldn't it be the other way round?" Got some strange looks but it's never made sense to me.

Also people in the office whose mugs are completely brown inside due to leaving tea in there. Always found that disgusting when everyone else thinks it's completely normal.
Yeah there’s people in my office who reuse a filthy mug time and again, it’s vile.

I get what some are saying about bringing stuff in for your Birthday but it really is counter-intuitive. This lad at my place must’ve spent £30 on getting enough stuff so that everyone could have something. What a shite obligation. I don’t partake because I don’t fancy my first two hours at work being spent to earn enough to feed the gluttons in my office who are getting deliveroo and just eat takeaways at lunch time every day.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #118 on: July 8, 2022, 11:11:24 am »

On that theme, when people in the office bring in cakes/biscuits they've made cos they were bored at the weekend and out of politeness everyone's says these dry, overly sweet cakes are really nice.... and it empowers them to do it every fucking week. Usually happens around the time there's one of the Bake Off shows on the telly. 'Oh Dorothy you should go on Bake Off', no she fucking shouldn't Beryl. Them dry, flavourless biscuits she does with the inch slab of horrible fondant icing on actually aren't particularly nice (and are actually fucking hard to eat)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 8, 2022, 11:55:48 am »
On that theme, when people in the office bring in cakes/biscuits they've made cos they were bored at the weekend and out of politeness everyone's says these dry, overly sweet cakes are really nice.... and it empowers them to do it every fucking week. Usually happens around the time there's one of the Bake Off shows on the telly. 'Oh Dorothy you should go on Bake Off', no she fucking shouldn't Beryl. Them dry, flavourless biscuits she does with the inch slab of horrible fondant icing on actually aren't particularly nice (and are actually fucking hard to eat)
Similar to when you engage a team-member in small talk on their hobby just to be polite and humour them, then they bring stuff in for you related to it. One woman who used to work for me on more than one occasion brought in some Harry Potter merchandise to show me after I asked her about her trip to HP world and she mistook my politeness for avid interest, of which there was none.