Author Topic: [World Cup 2022] South American Qualifiers... Bra, Arg, Uru & Ecu all qualified  (Read 33848 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Alisson and Fabinho played the entire match v Argentina.

FT 0-0
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
South American World Cup Qualification Table (after 14 of 18 matches)... www.flashscore.co.uk/football/south-america/world-cup/standings

Match Day 15 : 27th/28th January, 2022 (UK dates & kick off times)...

Ecuador 1 - 1 Brazil 
Paraguay 0 - 1 Uruguay
Chile 1 - 2 Argentina
Colombia 0 - 1 Peru
Venezuela 4 - 1 Bolivia

Match Day 16 : 1st/2nd February, 2022 (UK dates & kick off times)...

Bolivia vs Chile : Tues 8pm ko - live on Premier Sports 1
Uruguay vs Venezuela : Tues 11pm ko
Argentina vs Colombia : Tues 11.30pm ko - live on Premier Sports 2
Brazil vs Paraguay : Wed 12.30am ko - live on Premier Sports 1
Peru vs Ecuador : Wed 2am ko - live on Premier Sports 2

« Last Edit: February 1, 2022, 06:54:16 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Colombia with three wins from 14 and in a qualifying position! :o

Looks incredibly tight though for that 4th spot.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Colombia with three wins from 14 and in a qualifying position! :o

Looks incredibly tight though for that 4th spot.

Quality looks appalling below Brazil/Argentina which might be leading both to a false sense of security going into a World Cup year with the unbeaten runs they're on.

The likes of Chile and Uruguay still relying on long past-it veterans with not much coming through behind them.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Quality looks appalling below Brazil/Argentina which might be leading both to a false sense of security going into a World Cup year with the unbeaten runs they're on.

The likes of Chile and Uruguay still relying on long past-it veterans with not much coming through behind them.

Show some respect to Ben Brereton!

Presumably Ecuador are there because of their home record too and won’t do much in Qatar?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
When are we likely to see a South American country winning the WC again? Brasil massively messed up in 2014, Argentina cames short in 2014, when it was in Brasil, and I fear the chance is now gone... The last winner from that continent were Brasil in 2002.... Wow! 20 years ago...Is that the longest wait?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
Show some respect to Ben Brereton!

Presumably Ecuador are there because of their home record too and won’t do much in Qatar?

They've still lost 5 of their qualifiers (4 away) and still have Brazil and Argentina to play at home, but getting them both at home when both already qualified is ideal. They're benefiting from the decline of fortunes for Chile and Uruguay (Colombia as well) as they're usually around the middle of the pack in the 10 team league by virtue of their home record.

There's nobody who most people would heave heard of in the squad, or who play first team football for a notable club.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
When are we likely to see a South American country winning the WC again? Brasil massively messed up in 2014, Argentina cames short in 2014, when it was in Brasil, and I fear the chance is now gone... The last winner from that continent were Brasil in 2002.... Wow! 20 years ago...Is that the longest wait?

Apart from Brazil winning the World Cup in Sweden in 1958 the winner had always come their own continent (including the Americas as one) until that 2002 World Cup. As the hosts was nearly always alternated from Europe to America from one tournament to the next so was the winners. With the exception of 1958 the winners swapped between Europe and South America from 1950 to 2006. The other anomaly was when Italy won it back-to-back in the 1930s (Europe hosted back to back).

2010 was the change as an all European final in Africa. Argentina under a proper coach could have won it that year with the talent they had (left loads of top players at home). Then the real change of the guards was Brazil losing 7-1 to Germany in their own country and then Germany beating Argentina in the final. Again, Argentina at least had the talent to have won it but Messi was struggling for fitness in that tournament for one thing.

Hard to say if Argentina or Brazil have a chance in Qatar but the likes of France and England have much better talent rosters. Brazil and Argentina seem to producing far fewer top players as well. Brazil's better players are pushing 30 or over.  Therefore when it gets to an America World Cup in 2026 (and possibly 2030) Brazil and Argentina will be unlikely to have a team that can compete at all without some new top players emerging. They at least have a chance next year with players like Neymar in their prime.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:19:15 am by Fromola »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

'Match officials & VAR in the Argentina vs Brazil match are suspended for "serious error" in Otamendi's move':-

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/selecao-brasileira/noticia/brasil-x-argentina-arbitros-sao-suspensos-apos-var-nao-recomendar-expulsao-de-otamendi-veja-bastidores.ghtml

Otamendi elbow to Raphinha's face... (gives him a bloody mouth)... no freekick or card given, no VAR review - https://streamable.com/rf2o6y & https://streamable.com/jasvrk

Got to say, it seemed the referee (& assistants) chose to not see what was obviously going on around him all match - some the Argentineans were at their snide, shithouse worst.

That said, we rarely see match officials punished like this here in England. Good for footy the world over where they do have open and public oversight on match officials' decisions and performances.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 05:01:20 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
I'm living in Colombia these days, so I've seen quite a lot of their games and other teams in South America. I have to say, the quality on show is often shite. International football, in general, is crap, but it is particularly dire over here.

Colombia is the worst of the lot. An absolute bore-fest.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Colombia is the worst of the lot. An absolute bore-fest.

I remember England playing them in 2018, and it was like playing Burnley

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Bolivia with 2 very winnable games for the next round.

win those 2 and I reckon they'll be in the qualifying position with 2 games to go! Be mad if they made the WC

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
Bolivia with 2 very winnable games for the next round.

win those 2 and I reckon they'll be in the qualifying position with 2 games to go! Be mad if they made the WC

They actually qualified for the 1994 World Cup and I think that's the last time they won an away qualifier after a quick look through previous campaigns!

They've picked up 2 points from their 7 away games. It's always at home where they do well but they pretty much never win away. They've got Venezuela and Colombia away - they'd need to win one of them and win their two home games (one of which is against Brazil).

It's unlikely but they've got Brazil last game and to be in a position where they could qualify going into the last game would be an achievement. They'd have to win away for once though.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 07:10:26 pm by Fromola »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
@eeamalyon
After 15 years, Oscar Washington Tabarez is out as Uruguay coach. El Maestro 🇺🇾

@Zonal_Marking
224 games in charge of one nation - over two spells - more than anyone else in international football history. An absolutely incredible job from top to bottom.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
@eeamalyon
After 15 years, Oscar Washington Tabarez is out as Uruguay coach. El Maestro 🇺🇾

@Zonal_Marking
224 games in charge of one nation - over two spells - more than anyone else in international football history. An absolutely incredible job from top to bottom.

El Maestro certainly was...

Possible to make the argument that, relative to playing resource talent available, he's one of the best managers of all time by what he achieved for Uruguay...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Alisson and Fabinho are both in the Brazil squad for the next two World Cup qualifiers (vs Ecuador & Paraguay) - but no Bobby...

https://twitter.com/cricketsoccer/status/1481654836475363330

Ecuador XI: Domínguez; Preciado, Torres, Hincapié, Estupiñán; Plata, Gruezo, M. Caicedo, A. Franco; Estrada, E. Valencia.

Brazil XI: Alisson; Emerson, Militao, Thiago Silva, Alex Sandro; Casemiro, Fred; Raphinha, Coutinho, Vinicius; Cunha. (Fabinho is suspended for this match).

9pm kick off.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 01:03:17 pm by oojason »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Quick Brazil goal after Ecuador missed an a sitter on an early free kick.

Edit: And now the Ecuadorian GK is sent off for a ridiculous challenge.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:21:21 pm by Dave McCoy »

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Quick Brazil goal after Ecuador missed an a sitter on an early free kick.

Edit: And now the Ecuadorian GK is sent off for a ridiculous challenge.
Thanks. Whoscored?
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Thanks. Whoscored?

Casemiro after a scramble in the box.

Emerson Royal going all Spursy and just got sent off as well. Now 10v10.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Thanks. Whoscored?

Casemiro.

Red card on each side after 20 mins!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Emerson Royal sent off for a second yellow straight after the Ecuadorian GK was sent off. 19 mins in and its 10 v 10 :lmao

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Holy Jesus. Allison just sent off.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
Ali sent off :lmao

Edit: Come on thats not his fault, he's cleared the ball and the striker walks into it as the boot comes back down, nothing he could have done.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What the fuck is this game ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is he supposed to chop his leg off after he's kicked the ball?

Changed to yellow.

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
Looking at 20 minutes added time here  ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
LOL, this is going to be a 65 minute first half. Crazy.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
y'all probably gonna be asleep for the Chile vs Argentina match but I'll say this, very proudly:

it's gonna be played in my hometown, in the stadium of my beloved hometown team. That doesn't happen very often (hasn't happened in... decades to be honest, and the last time it was only a friendly match), so I'm quite proud :D

This is how the stadium looked yesterday - keep in mind my hometown is in the middle of the world's driest desert, so having a pitch of that quality is something to behold. We have a great guy in charge of the pitch, he's arguably the best in the country.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:38:11 pm by Desert Red Fox »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^^^ Enjoy the game DRF! Pitch looks great. :thumbup

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Have Fab and Firmino been included in squad ?

Cant see em on bench tonight

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Bobby wasn't called up but Fab was pictured in training yesterday.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

Fabinho is in the squad - though not on the bench (injury?). Bobby is not in the squad for either of Brazil's games this time around.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
^^^ Enjoy the game DRF! Pitch looks great. :thumbup

thanks mate! I bet it's gonna be either a great match for us, or a complete disaster ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Could have been a pen for Ecuador there.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
y'all probably gonna be asleep for the Chile vs Argentina match but I'll say this, very proudly:

it's gonna be played in my hometown, in the stadium of my beloved hometown team. That doesn't happen very often (hasn't happened in... decades to be honest, and the last time it was only a friendly match), so I'm quite proud :D

This is how the stadium looked yesterday - keep in mind my hometown is in the middle of the world's driest desert, so having a pitch of that quality is something to behold. We have a great guy in charge of the pitch, he's arguably the best in the country.

Beautiful ground (and pitch!), Desert Red Fox - just been looking it up on Wikipedia ;D

Hope it is a great game for you.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Bobby wasn't called up but Fab was pictured in training yesterday.

Cheers to both

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Somehow it's only 10 minutes of added time.  Seems short but the game is pretty terrible on anything but violence so probably for the best.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers to both

Just read Fab is apparently suspended for this game.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fabinho is suspended for this game right?

Coutinho injured or a tactical change?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fabinho is suspended for this game right?

I was wondering were he was?