Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 55935 times)

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
Re: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?
« Reply #640 on: September 22, 2022, 07:41:10 pm »
Well hello there Guardians. Hope you’re all good.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: September 22, 2022, 10:47:50 pm »
How is D2 now?

I firminly beleive my favourite gaming experience was D1 up to the taken king (i think) playing many nights a week with my friends. Then Kids and jobs got in the way sadly. Did buy D2 when it first came round but still couldnt give it the time it needs. Might try and dip in later in the year once GOW is polished off. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 10:54:41 pm by klopptopia »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: September 23, 2022, 09:54:53 am »
It's a great game, without doubt still the best FPS gunplay I've ever experienced, core gameplay loop is still there, the seasonal model adds a new (sort of) campaign every 3 months, along with new loot and activities, is it still a grind?, yes it is, but the grind is mitigated now by simply having so many activities available, if you haven't played it in a while you'll really enjoy it, I swerved it for about 6 months last year and 3 months this year, feels really good coming back to it.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #643 on: September 23, 2022, 03:04:04 pm »
might bloody have to now..

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: September 23, 2022, 04:26:02 pm »
might bloody have to now..

If you haven't played in a while then one of the biggest changes is that you can now craft weapons, so your chances of getting the god roll on these weapons is much higher as you only have to level the weapon up to a level 18 and you can pick any of the perks available on the gun including the advanced perks.
Still the one game I constantly play. If you want some help working through some of the content hit me up, I have a clan and plenty of us are happy to help new/returning players to get up to speed on everything, including raids.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #645 on: September 25, 2022, 07:57:51 pm »
If you haven't played in a while then one of the biggest changes is that you can now craft weapons, so your chances of getting the god roll on these weapons is much higher as you only have to level the weapon up to a level 18 and you can pick any of the perks available on the gun including the advanced perks.
Still the one game I constantly play. If you want some help working through some of the content hit me up, I have a clan and plenty of us are happy to help new/returning players to get up to speed on everything, including raids.

Thank you that would be greatly appreciated. Will let you know when I get it back up and running, probably towards the end of the year in reality.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: September 30, 2022, 08:09:10 am »
This has been my go-to game the past months. Teamed up with a colleague as well. It runs really well for a live-service game, and actually doesn't look particularly dated despite running on older tech.

Wouldn't say no to a bit more variety in the quests and levels mind  :wave
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: September 30, 2022, 09:04:47 am »
Stop bumping this thread - you'll end up luring me back in this! ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: October 1, 2022, 04:54:00 pm »
Bump  :wave
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #649 on: October 11, 2022, 01:20:14 pm »

Was gonna give this a try but saw all the reviews on Xbox were incredibly negative about the devs ripping off the player base. Is that a thing?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: October 12, 2022, 12:16:00 pm »
Was gonna give this a try but saw all the reviews on Xbox were incredibly negative about the devs ripping off the player base. Is that a thing?

No more than any other game with a free to play element.
They sunset some content which got nerds raging. Its visually stunning with some fantastic gunplay and a good story.
You can play solo or team up for raids and end game content.
A FPS, shooter looter so be prepared for a bit of grinding though.
Bungie made Halo and just got bought by Sony so they must be doing something right!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #651 on: October 12, 2022, 12:22:11 pm »

Cheers, i`ll give it a go. 125gb to download, so i`m guessing there`s something worthwhile in there for the casual gamer!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #652 on: February 8, 2023, 06:43:51 pm »
Question to Destiny 2 nerds.  I played the campaign through on release but haven't touched it for years.  My buddies want to give it a go as a trio so I went back in and even if I create a new character I still have a bunch of glimmer and a few other bits - is there a way to reset and effectively start from scratch?  Just want to be in the same boat as my teammates.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 9, 2023, 09:51:54 pm »
Question to Destiny 2 nerds.  I played the campaign through on release but haven't touched it for years.  My buddies want to give it a go as a trio so I went back in and even if I create a new character I still have a bunch of glimmer and a few other bits - is there a way to reset and effectively start from scratch?  Just want to be in the same boat as my teammates.

Delete character on the character select screen (square on PS), then you can create a new one, although I'd only do this if you already have 3 characters, if you don't just add a new character and go from there.

Hit me up if you want any help with anything I have been playing since D1 Beta
« Last Edit: February 9, 2023, 09:56:03 pm by blacksun »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #654 on: February 10, 2023, 11:43:00 am »
Thanks, I've done some research and it looks like items stored in your vault(?) are shared across characters.  Man, it's been YEARS since I played this thing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #655 on: February 16, 2023, 10:09:59 pm »
Can't wait for Lightfall.

Jumped back in this week in preparation and realised it's my first time playing this entire season (been on a single-player game kick).

I've put hundreds of hours into this game in the past 4 years and genuinely still don't quite understand half of the shit I can do.  Anyone else?

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: March 1, 2023, 09:51:26 am »
Nnngh...

Got 550 hours in this. Last I did was finish Shadowkeep, then the whole sunsetting debacle started and lots of other noise, so went fuck this..

But now, damnit, the itch is starting again..

[...]don't quite understand half of the shit I can do.  Anyone else?

Kinda my fear if I go back. I'm a completionist-whore, so worried there's too much I "need" to do, it'll be more of a chore than a fun-relaxing-thing..

Bleh..
@Yvanicuzz

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: March 4, 2023, 06:49:14 pm »
Nnngh...

Got 550 hours in this. Last I did was finish Shadowkeep, then the whole sunsetting debacle started and lots of other noise, so went fuck this..
But now, damnit, the itch is starting again..

Kinda my fear if I go back. I'm a completionist-whore, so worried there's too much I "need" to do, it'll be more of a chore than a fun-relaxing-thing..

Bleh..

Now is the time to go back then, because they just cleaned out a lot of the unneccessary stuff for the start of the new expansion

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: July 3, 2023, 12:45:51 pm »
No game does FOMO like Destiny 2

Lightfall wasn't great for me.
Very obviously truncated to try and rinse us with an extra expansion, The Final Shape.
Predatory pricing and monetisation is out of control.
Writing has been poor, story-wise.
Neomuna was meh at best.
Cloudstriders were pretty awful.

Strand is very good fun though.
RON is a fun raid, GOTD is a fun dungeon.
Mixed bag but for me no game has the gunplay Destiny 2 has, its just hits that sweet spot.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #659 on: July 3, 2023, 01:09:43 pm »
I'll play some single player stuff and occasionally COD will drag me in for a while but no other game has kept me so consistently engaged, for so long.

It's had some lows, this current season seems pretty quiet, but the gun play and loot system is still absolutely tip fucking top. God nose what I'll play if they stop releasing content for it and/or D3 never happens.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: July 6, 2023, 02:49:04 am »
No game does FOMO like Destiny 2

Lightfall wasn't great for me.
Very obviously truncated to try and rinse us with an extra expansion, The Final Shape.
Predatory pricing and monetisation is out of control.
Writing has been poor, story-wise.
Neomuna was meh at best.
Cloudstriders were pretty awful.

Strand is very good fun though.
RON is a fun raid, GOTD is a fun dungeon.
Mixed bag but for me no game has the gunplay Destiny 2 has, its just hits that sweet spot.
I've been playing it less and less since Witch Queen, they've turned it into a soap opera story and character wise, the gunplay is great but it's lost the sense of mystery it had during Destiny 1, it was dark and gothic especially the Hive raids, now it's genuinely forgettable season after season.

You're right, Neomuna is crap, and the Cloudstriders are like 70s California surfers or something, they're woeful.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: August 6, 2023, 05:19:35 pm »
Currently grinding materials to feed my crafting addiction but we're nearing the end.

Endless raids and master weekly missions

Fuck nose what I'll do once I've masterworked all the crafted guns...

Oh look a new season and several more weapons to craft ::)

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: August 22, 2023, 09:50:50 am »
The Destiny 2 Showcase
Quote from: @DestinyTheGame 17h
The time is nearly upon us.

Join us for the Destiny 2 Showcase. Live August 22 at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST

Bungie @ Twitch

Bungie @ YouTube

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: September 15, 2023, 08:30:54 pm »
I swore I wouldn't do it but I'm not far of pulling the trigger on the Final Shart.
It looks like it might be a banger after all.
Looks beautiful and like Destiny, non of that neon shite from Neomuna.
This season has been decent as well so far.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: September 16, 2023, 06:24:38 pm »
I swore I wouldn't do it but I'm not far of pulling the trigger on the Final Shart.
It looks like it might be a banger after all.
Looks beautiful and like Destiny, non of that neon shite from Neomuna.
This season has been decent as well so far.
Have you crafted any broken weapons yet?

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: September 18, 2023, 11:52:17 am »
Have you crafted any broken weapons yet?

I did but had a wedding to go to this weekend so only had time to run a few nightfalls.
Ikelos and Calus minitools with osteo frame/ jolt or incandescent was great fun.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: September 18, 2023, 12:29:34 pm »
I did but had a wedding to go to this weekend so only had time to run a few nightfalls.
Ikelos and Calus minitools with osteo frame/ jolt or incandescent was great fun.
No matter what I fucking did I couldn't get it to work :no

People saying you need to essentially create lag in the system hence the fixed 30 frames...but my PC just said no :'(

Sounds like the fixes are coming but in stages....probably a lot of legal crafted guns will be benched as a result, at least for a few days....

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: September 18, 2023, 01:11:55 pm »
You had to turn down the frames to 30fps, turn up the screen density to 200 to make it as slow and laggy as possible then right click quickly enough between them to confuse the game.
Once you got it down it was pretty easy.
Some absolutely insane combos out there!
Not all is lost as apparently you can now craft with perks that were removed

At least it stopped everyone moaning about legendary shards for a bit!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: September 18, 2023, 01:24:55 pm »
You had to turn down the frames to 30fps, turn up the screen density to 200 to make it as slow and laggy as possible then right click quickly enough between them to confuse the game.
Once you got it down it was pretty easy.
Some absolutely insane combos out there!
Not all is lost as apparently you can now craft with perks that were removed

At least it stopped everyone moaning about legendary shards for a bit!
Yep did that but no joy at all, thought about trying on an older less powerful machine but just couldn't be arsed.

Ran Crota with a team stacked with crazy weapons.....Ir Yut and Crota obviously got one phased ;D ;D ;D ;D

Double eager edge swords go zooooooommmm!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: September 19, 2023, 12:16:09 am »

Ran Crota with a team stacked with crazy weapons.....Ir Yut and Crota obviously got one phased ;D ;D ;D ;D

Did that yesterday :) Made day one raid day seem so long ago :D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: September 26, 2023, 04:29:52 pm »
The past week on Destiny has been an absolute shit show. The servers have been DDOS'ed to absolute buggery and made the game completely unplayable.

All sorts of rumours flying all over the shop about who it might be. The only thing anyone seems to know for certain is that it's someone new.

The situation seems to have stabilised somewhat but that doesn't mean the issue is resolved...

No idea why anyone would carry out an attack like this as it only impacts the player base :butt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: September 27, 2023, 03:21:49 am »
The past week on Destiny has been an absolute shit show. The servers have been DDOS'ed to absolute buggery and made the game completely unplayable.

All sorts of rumours flying all over the shop about who it might be. The only thing anyone seems to know for certain is that it's someone new.

The situation seems to have stabilised somewhat but that doesn't mean the issue is resolved...

No idea why anyone would carry out an attack like this as it only impacts the player base :butt
Another form of ransomware normally, continuously DDOSing the servers means Bungie loses a fortune on microtransactions in Eververse.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: October 6, 2023, 09:23:13 pm »
Another form of ransomware normally, continuously DDOSing the servers means Bungie loses a fortune on microtransactions in Eververse.

Probably was the player base, then 😆
The constant shift towards the non stop microtransaction have become one of the biggest bones of contention amongst the community

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: October 10, 2023, 06:32:24 am »
 need 3 more red borders and that's prob me done with crota
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: November 7, 2023, 11:10:05 am »
I wonder if the goings on at Bungie are the death knell/start of the end for D2?

Reports that the lay offs were driven by Bungie execs rather than Sony, that share options given to employees during the Sony buy out were about to mature (lost when staff were laid off) and that the timing of the lay offs were taken meant medical insurance lapsed almost instantly, has certainly left a real sour taste, players have definitely made their feelings known.

Think the player base is at it's all time low (certainly the lowest of the past 3 years), averaging around 40k a month, the game certainly feels quiet right now.

Bizarre that Bungie missed revenue targets by 45%. By any measure that's a huge miss but suspect that's more to do with massaged projections rather than poor sales. Possibly "optimistic" projections to grease the sale to Sony?