Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 611230 times)

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #8360 on: September 22, 2022, 01:59:40 pm »
Ime Udoka rumoured to be suspended for having sexual relations with a staff. This is crazy if he gets a one year suspension for this.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #8361 on: September 22, 2022, 04:19:27 pm »
Ime Udoka rumoured to be suspended for having sexual relations with a staff. This is crazy if he gets a one year suspension for this.

There's got to be more to this story.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #8362 on: September 22, 2022, 04:35:32 pm »
There's got to be more to this story.

ESPN article said it was consensual but it is a “violation of the organization's guidelines“. Do workplaces still have bans on people getting together in work?

Online spartan2785

• Main Stander
« Reply #8363 on: September 22, 2022, 05:14:53 pm »
ESPN article said it was consensual but it is a “violation of the organization's guidelines“. Do workplaces still have bans on people getting together in work?

I think it's more of the power dynamic, I wouldn't be surprised if this is something in place more for people in positions of authority since even if it's consensual there is still the potential for abuse, either through promotions/advancement, or retaliation if the relationship goes south. 

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8364 on: September 22, 2022, 05:29:41 pm »
They are suspending him for a year. Joe Mazulla is apparently set to be interim coach according to Woj.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8365 on: September 22, 2022, 06:14:47 pm »
They are suspending him for a year. Joe Mazulla is apparently set to be interim coach according to Woj.
Rumors say he has masturbated and ejacuated several times in the locker room and janitors caught him with ladies from his coaching team. Seems like he has some problems.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8366 on: September 22, 2022, 06:20:31 pm »
Rumors say he has masturbated and ejacuated several times in the locker room and janitors caught him with ladies from his coaching team. Seems like he has some problems.

Clearly. I mean how hard is it to lock a door.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #8367 on: September 22, 2022, 06:26:45 pm »

Louis CK vibes.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8368 on: September 22, 2022, 06:28:47 pm »
Couldn’t of found all this out before letting Will Hardy head to Utah…

I think a suspension for an affair is a tad extreme, but if the other stuff is true it’ll defo happen, and I don’t think you can disagree with the decision.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8369 on: September 22, 2022, 07:08:36 pm »
Couldn’t of found all this out before letting Will Hardy head to Utah…

I think a suspension for an affair is a tad extreme, but if the other stuff is true it’ll defo happen, and I don’t think you can disagree with the decision.
I think they wouldn't suspend him for a year if there were not more stories. Celtics know much more and they also know stories will keep coming up as long as he is an active coach. I won't be surprised if they save time and come up with a PR statement saying contract was termibated with mutual consent.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #8370 on: September 22, 2022, 07:37:11 pm »
I think it's more of the power dynamic, I wouldn't be surprised if this is something in place more for people in positions of authority since even if it's consensual there is still the potential for abuse, either through promotions/advancement, or retaliation if the relationship goes south. 

This would make sense as they are stating it's a code of conduct violation

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8371 on: September 22, 2022, 08:47:20 pm »
"Ime Udoka had relationships with not 1 but 2 staff members, one deleted all social media accounts, the other has turned off comments on IG (both married) one was actually married to a senior Vice President in Celtics organization who wanted 1 year suspension."

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8372 on: September 22, 2022, 08:49:56 pm »
Great read

Players Tribune: John Wall speaks out on mental health, how his foot was almost amputated

https://signature.theplayerstribune.com/john-wall-nba-basketball-los-angeles-clippers/p/1

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #8373 on: September 22, 2022, 08:50:31 pm »
Jeez. Imagine having to clean up after him.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8374 on: September 22, 2022, 08:57:48 pm »
;D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8375 on: September 22, 2022, 09:53:42 pm »
^^^
Also Rumors are RUmors lets wait for info. There could be a lot of stuff that not true in it

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8376 on: September 23, 2022, 03:52:07 am »

Insert modified south park meme...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8377 on: September 23, 2022, 09:07:52 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Td67kYY9mdQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Td67kYY9mdQ</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8378 on: September 23, 2022, 01:44:59 pm »
Everything seems to be pointing to the wife of a VP. Stephen A is such a bellend, for all we know Ime could of leaked this to the press rather than the C’s? He obviously wants to be sacked and receive his payout, and they’re obviously not willing to pay him off yet.

Either way, what a mess. Players are back in training camp from next week, with the head coach no longer there, and Will Hardy heading to Utah. Don’t think anyone overcomes a heathy Bucks this year any way but definitely not happening for Boston.

On another note, the Steve Kerr interview on the ringer is worth a listen, he’s such a dude has to be one of my favourite coaches across any sport.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8379 on: September 23, 2022, 01:50:10 pm »
Are they coming to London again? Want to take my nephew.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8380 on: September 23, 2022, 01:56:20 pm »

Heading to Paris in Jan, don’t think they’re doing London.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8381 on: September 23, 2022, 02:52:45 pm »
"The 2022-23 season will feature the return of NBA Global Games with two regular-season games outside the U.S. and Canada, both televised by NBA TV.  The NBA Mexico City Game 2022 will see the Heat face the Spurs on Saturday, Dec. 17 at the Arena CDMX in Mexico City (5 p.m. ET).  The NBA Paris Game 2023 will feature a matchup between the Chicago Bulls and the Detroit Pistons on Thursday, Jan. 19 at the Accor Arena in Paris (3 p.m. ET)."

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8382 on: September 23, 2022, 04:09:16 pm »
Celtics will sack him once his reps agree on an exit package. I wont be surprised if Udoka gets hired by the nets. 

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #8383 on: September 23, 2022, 10:37:31 pm »
Rumour (and I stress it's a rumour) on the Felger & Mazz circle is that one of the women are/were pregnant. As RedG13 said though these are all rumours so best to wait until the facts come out, but if true this could get quite complex.

General feeling though is that he will land another job if sacked.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8384 on: September 24, 2022, 10:42:41 am »
Celtics will sack him once his reps agree on an exit package. I wont be surprised if Udoka gets hired by the nets. 
Noone is touching him this year imo. Not worth the risk at this point. Also if those stories get uglier, he may stay away for a few years.

Too bad Celtics let Will Hardy go to Jazz. Such a promising young coach, they could've used him now.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8385 on: September 24, 2022, 01:02:21 pm »
I can definitely see him being a Knicks coach in the foreseeable future. :D

Be another typical Dolan masterpiece of clusterfuckery.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8386 on: October 7, 2022, 03:50:17 pm »
Draymond Green punching Jordan Poole in practice in more perfectly normal behaviour from him.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1578382192014725120?s=20&t=fQyJtSS8tyo_mcmGa1GKpg

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8387 on: October 11, 2022, 04:55:17 pm »
Ben Simmons has nailed that mid-range by the looks of it…

https://twitter.com/billsimmons/status/1579861908240289793?s=46&t=V_In2QH9Ysf3WW784byfTA

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8388 on: October 21, 2022, 05:53:05 am »
Great to see the lakers stinking it up. Lebron deserves this for his constant politicking and shafting young talents.

Pelicans looked fantastic the other night. Their team has great balance with Ingram, Mccullum and Zion. Bucks and the celtics look clear favourites in the east. Warriors look a level above anyone else and they will continue to thrive under the great Steve Kerr. Clippers look like the best bet against the warriors.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8389 on: October 22, 2022, 09:54:09 pm »
"The 2022-23 season will feature the return of NBA Global Games with two regular-season games outside the U.S. and Canada, both televised by NBA TV.  The NBA Mexico City Game 2022 will see the Heat face the Spurs on Saturday, Dec. 17 at the Arena CDMX in Mexico City (5 p.m. ET).  The NBA Paris Game 2023 will feature a matchup between the Chicago Bulls and the Detroit Pistons on Thursday, Jan. 19 at the Accor Arena in Paris (3 p.m. ET)."
Cheers. Been in New York few times and didn't fancy watching the Knicks ;D

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8390 on: October 24, 2022, 03:24:34 am »
Checked the scores and standings. Jazz have a perfect record after three games. Ainge must be fuming. The season was supposed to be a tanking job for Victor Wembanyama.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8391 on: October 24, 2022, 04:33:33 am »
Checked the scores and standings. Jazz have a perfect record after three games. Ainge must be fuming. The season was supposed to be a tanking job for Victor Wembanyama.
Players and coaches dont tank. Also I didnt 100% expect them to be one of the worst team, with there talent along with knowing Hardy was going to have them play hard

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8392 on: October 24, 2022, 05:36:48 am »
Yeah, those 3 wins were all against decent teams, and the last 2 were in overtime. Just getting past the league's anti-tank defences, hopefully they'll trade Conley and Gay for peanuts in the coming weeks :D.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8393 on: November 1, 2022, 10:39:17 pm »
All gone pear shaped over in Brooklyn

NETS LOOKING TO HIRE SUSPENDED BOSTON COACH AFTER SACKING STEVE NASH EIGHT GAMES INTO NBA SEASON

The Brooklyn Nets have parted ways with head coach Steve Nash after just seven games of the NBA season.

It has been a tumultuous time for Nash and the Nets, taking over a Brooklyn team containing Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and James Harden, with many believing they were the favourites for the 2020 and 2021 championships.

What unfolded from there was pure chaos, with Irving refusing to get vaccinated and finding himself in hot water whenever he opened his mouth, Harden essentially gave up on the team and was traded for Ben Simmons, who then couldn’t get on the court because of a back injury and has looked incredibly rusty upon his return this season.

ESPN is reporting that the Nets wish to hire Celtics coach Ime Udoka as their Nash replacement, which has raised eyebrows across the league.

Boston suspended Udoka for the entire 2022-2023 season for an ‘improper relationship’ with a staffer over the off-season.

A report into Udoka’s relationship with the subordinate found he used crude language inappropriate for a workplace superior.

And yet despite the suspension at the Celtics, he could be coaching the Nets in the immediate future.

Udoka led Boston to the NBA Finals last season and hasn’t actually been sacked by the organisation, however it has been reported the Celtics will let him leave for another job.

Udoka has previously spent time with the Nets, working as an assistant coach throughout the 2020-21 season, immediately before he was hired for the head role at Boston.

Brooklyn has started the season with a 2-5 record and has one of the worst defensive ratings in the league.

Simmons, previously a defensive player of the year candidate, has been poor while finding his feet after two years off the court.

They play the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday morning before traveling to Washington on Saturday.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/11/01/nets-looking-to-hire-suspended-boston-coach-after-sacking-steve-nash-eight/

Fans wear ‘Fight Antisemitism’ shirts directed at Kyrie Irving amid furor
> Player promoted antisemitic documentary last week
> Irving defends right to post after criticism from team owner

Fans wearing ‘Fight Antisemitism’ shirts occupied some courtside seats at the Brooklyn-Indiana game on Monday night, days after Nets guard Kyrie Irving tweeted out a link to a film that includes anti-Jewish tropes.

Irving posted the link to the film Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America on Twitter on Thursday. The synopsis on Amazon said the film “uncovers the true identity of the Children of Israel”. The film’s director is a holocaust denier and provides a fabricated quote from Adolf Hitler in the film to promote an antisemitic conspiracy theory.

Irving defended his decision to post about the film on Saturday, then deleted the tweet Sunday after a massive outcry including criticism from Nets owner Joe Tsai and the the Anti-Defamation League, along with a statement from the NBA denouncing hate speech.

Irving said on Saturday he embraced all religions and defended his right to post whatever he believes.

“I’m not going to stand down on anything I believe in,” Irving said. “I’m only going to get stronger because I’m not alone. I have a whole army around me.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/oct/31/brooklyn-nets-fight-antisemitism-shirts-kyrie-irving
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8394 on: November 2, 2022, 07:03:16 am »
Knew Udoka will end up in brooklyn. Celtics will no doubt start leaking the stories now.

The bucks and giannis look like a team on a mission. Cavs look like a very competitive playoff team. Celtics will be there and nets might have a turn around if they get udoka. West looks all over the place right now and might take till december to sort out the real contenders.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8395 on: November 2, 2022, 10:51:48 am »
KD is an odd bloke, calling for Nash’s head in the summer, and then saying he was ‘shocked’ when he found out yesterday. I think the whole basketball world could see he wasn’t going to last long.

It’ll be interesting to see what Ime can do with this team. They don’t have the natural, athletic defenders that Boston has, so we’ll see how his methods translate with the Nets.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8396 on: November 2, 2022, 10:59:42 am »
Knew Udoka will end up in brooklyn. Celtics will no doubt start leaking the stories now.

The bucks and giannis look like a team on a mission. Cavs look like a very competitive playoff team. Celtics will be there and nets might have a turn around if they get udoka. West looks all over the place right now and might take till december to sort out the real contenders.
If Udoka goes to Brooklyn Im sure the Nba will investigate what happened in the Boston

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8397 on: November 2, 2022, 11:12:21 am »
NBA not investigating this. It was already reported by shams and woj earlier.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #8398 on: November 4, 2022, 01:32:18 am »
Nets have suspended Irving for at least five games, due to hi failure to "unequivocally say he has no antisemitic beliefs."

Watching recent interviews, passing himself off as a faux-intellectual and avoiding answering tough questions he clearly couldn’t, it’s all blowing up in Brooklyn.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8399 on: November 4, 2022, 01:53:57 am »
Nets have suspended Irving for at least five games, due to hi failure to "unequivocally say he has no antisemitic beliefs."

Watching recent interviews, passing himself off as a faux-intellectual and avoiding answering tough questions he clearly couldn’t, it’s all blowing up in Brooklyn.
I don't understand how he is still NBAPA VP