Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2529116 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #34640 on: August 17, 2022, 11:10:07 pm »
The huge price hike at Costa coffee.
I've only ever had hot chocolate from there but it was repulsive. Can tell they really water it down then add a few splashes of milk to it.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34641 on: August 18, 2022, 02:54:42 pm »
Bosses who push, push, push.

Just had to threaten two of mine. They know we are up the wall and always add that bit extra. Had my toolbox in my hand and was on my way to my car. It shouldnt have to come to that but I guess its the way of the world now. In the end I told them I dont speak tory and to leave me alone. Fuckers.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34642 on: August 18, 2022, 03:06:20 pm »
The local chippie being bought over and - inevitably - rapidly going downhill. Had a fish supper last night and fish was dry and the batter like cardboard.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34643 on: August 18, 2022, 05:56:40 pm »
Employers (NHS in particular) making you fill out a long application form instead of just accepting a CV and letter like most places.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #34644 on: August 18, 2022, 06:23:26 pm »
Youtube Reaction videos. I don't understand why people are so interested in seeing other people, that they don't know, reacting to their favourite films, music albums or whatever. It can be fun and interesting to see the reaction of a close friend or family member to those things, but the fuck do I care what some dead-eyed dumb frivolous c*nt thinks about it? And the levels of narcissism involved to actually make those videos, jeez. Here's half an hour of ME reacting to YOUR favourite thing, please subscribe. Fuck off!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 06:38:09 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34645 on: August 19, 2022, 02:09:54 am »
Dyson air blade hand dryers, put your hand in and all they do is blow all the moisture all over you.
Airports in general.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34646 on: August 19, 2022, 08:15:49 am »
recently switched broadband from BT to Sky to discover Sky have put a content blocker thing on my internet. Fucking gobshites.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34647 on: August 19, 2022, 08:21:23 am »
recently switched broadband from BT to Sky to discover Sky have put a content blocker thing on my internet. Fucking gobshites.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34648 on: August 19, 2022, 08:26:12 am »

Wanker  :wanker

I knew what I was letting myself in for posting that, but I didnt want to bottle it up.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #34649 on: August 19, 2022, 08:38:40 am »
The local chippie being bought over and - inevitably - rapidly going downhill. Had a fish supper last night and fish was dry and the batter like cardboard.

Is it just me, or have they put their prices up as well? Just a chippy delivered the other day and it was near £15 when it used to be £12 recently.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #34650 on: August 19, 2022, 09:01:56 am »
Is it just me, or have they put their prices up as well? Just a chippy delivered the other day and it was near £15 when it used to be £12 recently.

I noticed mine had a new menu on the wall the other day with higher prices - Presumably the whole inflation/Brexit thing...
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #34651 on: August 19, 2022, 01:20:44 pm »
Youtube Reaction videos. I don't understand why people are so interested in seeing other people, that they don't know, reacting to their favourite films, music albums or whatever. It can be fun and interesting to see the reaction of a close friend or family member to those things, but the fuck do I care what some dead-eyed dumb frivolous c*nt thinks about it? And the levels of narcissism involved to actually make those videos, jeez. Here's half an hour of ME reacting to YOUR favourite thing, please subscribe. Fuck off!

Christ yes. If I see one on my YT homepage then it immediately gets the "Don't recommend this channel" treatment. You sometimes get a clutch of them when a new trailer for something like Star Wars appears (probably see a few about this new GoT show). And they always make those stupid 'shocked' faces for the thumbnail!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34652 on: August 19, 2022, 07:57:34 pm »

That's shit. I know my parents have the same thing and I usually bypass it with a VPN if that helps.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34653 on: August 19, 2022, 08:17:10 pm »

You should be able to turn it off on the router. Is it not the case that providers have to put it on by default for new customers?

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34654 on: August 21, 2022, 09:05:19 am »
I know there are a lot of driving posts in here (fair few from me to be honest). It’s just the general idiocy of people who also are adamant they’re in the right, for example:

- Merge in Turn. People who merge hundreds of yards before the merge point and then don’t let anyone else “push in”.
- Speed Limits. People who are driving well below 70 yet pull out into Lane 3 on a motorway.
- Middle Lane Wankers.

And my all time favourite, the one that’s nearly caused me to crash several times - the speed cameras on the Widnes side of the new Mersey Gateway. It’s a 70mph road, yet for some reason people feel the need to slam on down to 60 (or sometimes 50) for the camera. In both lanes, too.

It honestly astounds me daily how some people get by without crashing.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34655 on: August 21, 2022, 02:14:14 pm »
- Middle Lane Wankers.
sounds a bit dangerous.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #34656 on: August 21, 2022, 02:16:36 pm »
sounds a bit dangerous.

Life in the fast lane old boy.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #34657 on: August 21, 2022, 02:29:01 pm »
On the YouTube reaction vids…

I have found myself watching more and more of them. I love seeing people react to songs. There is a reaction video - a guy, not sure of his job, who primarily loves hip hop and rap - of him listening to Taylor Swift’s folklore for the first time and I am not exaggerating when I say I have watched it over two  dozen times. The journey of him knowing Taylor Swift for her mainstream pop hits and everything that goes with that, to him being visibly shocked and impressed, crying at one stage and by the end declaring it one of the best albums he had heard that year is such a high for me. The girl who “only sings songs about breaking up with people in a euphoric, sickly pop format” announcing herself in someone’s world as an incredible songwriter, flanked by some incredible production is just so nice to watch for me. There are quite a few other reaction videos like that but that one gets me. Here is the link if anyone wants to see what I mean.

https://youtu.be/HBGBzKCTnaU

There is also a really young guy in America who has a channel where he reacts to songs he has never heard before. Really classic songs, but he never had the exposure. A lot are British bands/people like Rick Astley, Queen, Joy Division, Depeche Mode etc…. I find it quite wholesome and at times really funny as we often have different opinions here on some of the songs. I think he reacted to YNWA too and became a Liverpool fan off the back of it.

Here he is listening to Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time: https://youtu.be/O-ucmYN7v3o

Also, I do watch some food and drink reaction videos too. I like seeing taste tests and stuff like that - Good Mythical Morning is one I have started to watch a lot of.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34658 on: August 21, 2022, 02:33:20 pm »
I came into this thread to mention SkyQ initially!

Have had it for over a year now and my god it is shite IMO. I absolutely hate it. The second box isn’t used that often and so struggles to connect first time when you turn it on. I don’t know how to catch up with live TV when you pause it without having to FF. And so other little changes and features I thought I’d get used to but it still feels dreadful.

I like the additional space and the fact the boxes are physically small but the rest of it is shite for me.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34659 on: August 21, 2022, 02:45:06 pm »

That's shit. I know my parents have the same thing and I usually bypass it with a VPN if that helps.

I know what a VPN is, but its a bit beyond my Luddite capabilities to use one

You should be able to turn it off on the router. Is it not the case that providers have to put it on by default for new customers?

How mate?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #34660 on: August 21, 2022, 03:46:25 pm »
@Ciara, knew it'd be Jayvee :D

I watch a lot of his 80s reactions. Also AfterWorkReactions for British sitcoms and Father Ted. Like a lot of things, for every decent reactor (for lack of a better word) there are a hundred knobends who scream and shout and play it up for the camera.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 03:51:42 pm by rowan_d »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34661 on: August 21, 2022, 03:48:52 pm »

Have had it for over a year now and my god it is shite IMO. I absolutely hate it. The second box isn’t used that often and so struggles to connect first time when you turn it on. I don’t know how to catch up with live TV when you pause it without having to FF. And so other little changes and features I thought I’d get used to but it still feels dreadful.

I like the additional space and the fact the boxes are physically small but the rest of it is shite for me.

I know there’s a thread for it but that’s interesting. Had been looking at it (have a VERY old Sky box), are there other options without getting Sky Q?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34662 on: August 21, 2022, 03:51:06 pm »
@Ciara, knew it'd be Jayvee :D

I watch a lot of his 80s reactions. Also AfterWorkTV for British sitcoms and Father Ted. Like a lot of things, for every decent reactor (for lack of a better word) there are a hundred knobends who scream and shout and play it up for the camera.

Yo, it’s your boy JayVee :D

Haha! Thanks for the tip!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34663 on: August 21, 2022, 03:54:49 pm »
I know there’s a thread for it but that’s interesting. Had been looking at it (have a VERY old Sky box), are there other options without getting Sky Q?

I would be keen to see that thread too? My Husband thinks it’s terrible too. I didn’t know if we were in the minority or not.

I like some of the features - having Netflix, Prime, Disney, Apple within the system (so one remote), more storage and obviously it’s more interactive that the old system but I just find it clunky.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34664 on: August 21, 2022, 04:01:27 pm »

Weve just had it.  We can only have 3 boxes working at one time, it goes into hibernation between 04.45 - 07:00.  The pause rewind function is shite, 

The interface is crap.

Its rubbish.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34665 on: August 21, 2022, 04:18:04 pm »
I would be keen to see that thread too? My Husband thinks it’s terrible too. I didn’t know if we were in the minority or not.

I like some of the features - having Netflix, Prime, Disney, Apple within the system (so one remote), more storage and obviously it’s more interactive that the old system but I just find it clunky.

Fill your boots.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=199108.0

Our setup is so old we can’t get Netflix and the other paid stuff on the downstairs tv which is a bit shite. More down to me being a charlatan I think.

Not sure if I trust our current wifi which is also provided by Sky but that’s another gripe.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34666 on: August 21, 2022, 04:28:56 pm »

Don't you just press the Sky (logo) button and it goes back to live?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34667 on: August 21, 2022, 04:39:47 pm »
Fill your boots.

Our setup is so old we can’t get Netflix and the other paid stuff on the downstairs tv which is a bit shite. More down to me being a charlatan I think.

Not sure if I trust our current wifi which is also provided by Sky but that’s another gripe.

Careful with them,  loads of censorship. Weve got the minimum 149 Mbps and its sufficient

Sky Q - its cheaper our bill went from £120 to £95 a month
more storage for downloads and recorded stuff

all in all an inferior product due to it being ran through the internet.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34668 on: August 21, 2022, 04:51:53 pm »
Don't you just press the Sky (logo) button and it goes back to live?

When I do that, it just goes to main menu. :/

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34669 on: August 21, 2022, 04:52:30 pm »
Fill your boots.

Maybe a Firestick is what you need if you don’t want to make the change yet?

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #34670 on: August 21, 2022, 08:42:21 pm »
The Premier League sucking itself off for being the name of England's top division for 30 years.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34671 on: August 21, 2022, 08:47:20 pm »
I know what a VPN is, but its a bit beyond my Luddite capabilities to use one

How mate?

Here you go - https://usave.co.uk/broadband/guides/how-do-i-turn-off-sky-broadband-shield/

It's not done directly on your router actually, you do it from your online Sky account.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34672 on: August 21, 2022, 09:17:42 pm »
Here you go - https://usave.co.uk/broadband/guides/how-do-i-turn-off-sky-broadband-shield/

It's not done directly on your router actually, you do it from your online Sky account.

My Mum and Sister moved in with me during lockdown. 
Mum whats the sky login details?
Dunno, Why?
 :-[ Nevermind. 

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #34673 on: August 22, 2022, 12:03:38 am »
On the YouTube reaction vids…
There is also a really young guy in America who has a channel where he reacts to songs he has never heard before. Really classic songs, but he never had the exposure. A lot are British bands/people like Rick Astley, Queen, Joy Division, Depeche Mode etc…. I find it quite wholesome and at times really funny as we often have different opinions here on some of the songs. I think he reacted to YNWA too and became a Liverpool fan off the back of it.

Here he is listening to Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time: https://youtu.be/O-ucmYN7v3o

This fella is one of my guilty secrets...
Here he is reacting to "Running up that hill"...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eaCVFOtpGdM&amp;ab" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eaCVFOtpGdM&amp;ab</a>

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:10:24 am by Tesco tearaway »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34674 on: August 22, 2022, 12:35:04 am »

Depends. I follow a number of reaction channels avidly, but they've grown organically and moved beyond reactions into other areas - like art, gaming etc. I even help out on a channel now, helping someone produce content. Started following her three years ago when she had less than 600 subs. Now she has over 11k. We record gaming sessions together, have done live streaming, and I help moderate her discord channel. It's been great fun. We even encouraged her to set up a Patreon last year.

The channels that peeve me off are the reaction channels that seem to pop into existence, ready made; with an instagram, fbpage, patreon - hell, some even have only fans - all there from the start on a channel that's less than a year old and has, maybe, a dozen videos on it.

Now yeah, the pandemic hit people hard, and many looked for an outlet, so fair enough. And if someone has decided they want to do this thing as some kind of business, then I suppose you have to engage in multiple platforms. But I feel it's more... manufactured. Like some company has set them up, franchise like - given them the kit, told them what to do, and takes a cut of any money they make. It's extremely artificial.  Like a football club suddenly popping into existence with no history, fan loyalty, but can spend whatever it likes and seems to have loads of people suddenly interested in them.

But I love the channels that have been around for ages and just grown. People who have day jobs, lives, and share what's going on. I live alone, and especially during the pandemic, social isolation could be a big problem.

Watching reactions is fun for me, because I feel I'm watching a show with someone. There's a social element to it for me.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:39:33 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34675 on: August 22, 2022, 01:24:03 am »
Dunno, Why?

Just tell her the channel the router is on is too busy and you're not getting the maximum benefits from it so you need to log in to change it. Sorted  :wave

Or should that be  :wanker  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #34676 on: August 22, 2022, 08:52:12 am »
Dunno, Why?

I'm pretty sure the log in details are on the router normally. On the little sticker with the router password on.

Come on RAWK, we need to work together to get Kenny his dirty material.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34677 on: August 22, 2022, 09:00:27 am »
I'm pretty sure the log in details are on the router normally. On the little sticker with the router password on.

Come on RAWK, we need to work together to get Kenny his dirty material.

I’ve gone old school a left a couple of magazines in the undergrowth behind his house.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34678 on: August 22, 2022, 10:22:56 am »
Thanks lads

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #34679 on: August 23, 2022, 12:21:03 am »
Losing to the worst Man Utd team in 30+ years. :butt :butt
#Sausages