Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12294108 times)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #101280 on: January 25, 2020, 02:31:53 pm »
Been reading a lot of good things about the lad Stewart. Anyone know more about him?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #101281 on: January 25, 2020, 02:51:56 pm »
Been reading a lot of good things about the lad Stewart. Anyone know more about him?

From Wallasey. Age 17.

I was impressed with Tyler Morton and Remi Savage.

Anyone know where James Balagizi is from? He looked the biggest lad on the Liverpool side, played well and the Internet says he only turned 16 in September.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #101282 on: January 25, 2020, 03:27:37 pm »
From Wallasey. Age 17.

Anyone know where James Balagizi is from? He looked the biggest lad on the Liverpool side, played well and the Internet says he only turned 16 in September.

Balagizi is an U16.  He came from Man City academy 2,3 or 4 years ago I think they said during a previous match.  He played as a 2nd striker during preseason, then recently as a DM, now more CM.   

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101283 on: January 25, 2020, 03:44:03 pm »
From Wallasey. Age 17.

Tyler's been impressing for a while now.  Assists and goals usually from midfield but they did a swap with Balagizi today to see how each of them dealt with s different position.

Remi also has been doing well.  Big lad but always seems really calm on the ball and plays some decent balls out from defense.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101284 on: January 26, 2020, 02:15:24 pm »
Without getting too carried away, Layton Stewart seems like the most Liverpool-esque forward that we’ve brought through the system over the past few years. In comparison to Duncan, Glatzel, McAuley etc, Stewart has the pace, finishing ability and willingness to run in behind and drift in from wide areas. It’s still obviously very early for him but he’s got the exact profile of what we would want to slot in to one of our front three spots, especially one of the wide forward spots.

*I haven’t included Brewster here as he has spent so much time injured and is ahead of those mentioned in terms of development

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #101285 on: January 27, 2020, 09:00:50 pm »
Did I read right that Adam Lewis is on his way back to fitness? What is the progress of Glatzel as well?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101286 on: January 27, 2020, 09:26:23 pm »
Did I read right that Adam Lewis is on his way back to fitness? What is the progress of Glatzel as well?

Lewis played a few weeks ago.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #101287 on: January 27, 2020, 09:27:16 pm »
Lewis played a few weeks ago.

That's good to hear, he was playing well up to his last injury.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101288 on: January 27, 2020, 09:33:38 pm »
That's good to hear, he was playing well up to his last injury.

Think he should make the squad next week for the replay

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #101289 on: January 28, 2020, 11:55:43 am »
Not LFC related any more but still thought it deserved putting in here

Redmen TV Academy
@RedmenAcademy

The Echo claim that Fiotentina have asked FIFA to allow them to terminate Bobby Duncan’s contract with the youngster expecting first-team football and the club not believing he deserves it.

Daniele Prade, their sporting director, said: “In his head, he wanted to play immediately with Fiorentina. We are seeing what to do with him...”

Duncan hasn’t played for Fiorentina’s U19 side in months and this news suggests he’ll never make the senior team either.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #101290 on: January 28, 2020, 12:54:28 pm »

Redmen TV Academy
@RedmenAcademy

The Echo claim that Fiotentina have asked FIFA to allow them to terminate Bobby Duncan’s contract with the youngster expecting first-team football and the club not believing he deserves it.

Daniele Prade, their sporting director, said: “In his head, he wanted to play immediately with Fiorentina. We are seeing what to do with him...”

Duncan hasn’t played for Fiorentina’s U19 side in months and this news suggests he’ll never make the senior team either.

So either City, Us and Fiorentina are wrong or he's just a nob

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101291 on: January 28, 2020, 03:31:09 pm »

Redmen TV Academy
@RedmenAcademy

Moving to Fiorentina made absolutely no sense what so ever. I could understand if he'd been offered the number 9 shirt at a Championship/League 1 club who’d just lost their main striker, but he was never going to get game time at Fiorentina. He’s not even close to that level. He doesn’t seem the smartest kid around and looks like he has some bad people advising him.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #101292 on: January 28, 2020, 07:20:15 pm »
Scored some goals in the youth team and thought he was the next Sancho while also being badly directed by his advisors.  The kid needs to reset his expectations and realize it could take a couple of years to get where he wants to be.  if I was him, I'd try and find a Championship level team so he can get some game time and exposure instead of wasting time trying to prove he's better than first team regulars in some of the top leagues in the world.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #101293 on: January 28, 2020, 08:12:14 pm »

Redmen TV Academy
@RedmenAcademy

The Echo report last week suggested they only want to loan him out but need clarification if he can play for a third youth team in the one season, having turned out for us and Fiorentina already.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101294 on: January 28, 2020, 08:47:53 pm »
Scored some goals in the youth team and thought he was the next Sancho while also being badly directed by his advisors.  The kid needs to reset his expectations and realize it could take a couple of years to get where he wants to be.  if I was him, I'd try and find a Championship level team so he can get some game time and exposure instead of wasting time trying to prove he's better than first team regulars in some of the top leagues in the world.

I don't think he'd be close to making a Championship starting 11 to be honest. League 1 or League 2 would be his level at the moment if he is adamant about getting first team football.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101295 on: January 28, 2020, 09:23:03 pm »
It’s fucking hilarious he was moving for first team football and he’s not even got in their reserve side.

He’d have made his full debut for us this season if he stayed.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #101296 on: January 29, 2020, 04:29:30 am »

Redmen TV Academy
@RedmenAcademy

He's got one of these fantastic agents, doesn't he? They are a special breed, making a lot of fuss about nothing to get their way, but that rarely works more than once or twice, they get found out. Except Mino Fucking Raiola, but he's one off among them.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101297 on: January 29, 2020, 05:29:10 am »
Quite funny the way things have unfolded for us and Duncan  really. If he’d have stayed would’ve be able to make multiple starts in proper cup competition and if he was as good as he and his agents seem to think he is and performed he would’ve put himself firmly in Klopp and the clubs long term plans going forward!

Weird decision by him and his advisers all round though if you want to make it straight into the first team at a young age this is as good a place to try as any. If you’re good enough you’re old enough under Klopp and that’s not always the case under other managers at top clubs.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101298 on: January 29, 2020, 06:42:49 am »
Haha. He done fucked up.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #101299 on: January 29, 2020, 07:17:08 am »

At least it helps the club explain to someone like Curtis Jones that Sancho is an outlier. There's a ton of Bobby Duncans. It was purely delusional to expect to be playing up front at a big Serie A club at 18. Maybe Michael Owen.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101300 on: January 29, 2020, 08:47:09 am »
At least it helps the club explain to someone like Curtis Jones that Sancho is an outlier. There's a ton of Bobby Duncans. It was purely delusional to expect to be playing up front at a big Serie A club at 18. Maybe Michael Owen.

Duncan is going to pay the penalty for not being able to distinguish between hubris and confidence. 

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101301 on: January 29, 2020, 09:13:40 am »
Duncan is going to pay the penalty for not being able to distinguish between hubris and confidence. 

I can, this is confidence here :-

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101302 on: January 29, 2020, 09:19:55 am »

No not really, Jones has always been a bigger talent more akin to Sancho and Foden than Duncan, he wouldn’t face the same problems.

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #101303 on: January 29, 2020, 10:35:17 am »
You think there's any way a regretful Bobby Duncan might end up back in our U23's? I don't think we'd go out of our way to get him but he's a decent prospect.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101304 on: January 29, 2020, 11:00:41 am »
You think there's any way a regretful Bobby Duncan might end up back in our U23's? I don't think we'd go out of our way to get him but he's a decent prospect.

Nah, bridges burnt.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101305 on: January 29, 2020, 08:54:14 pm »
Larouci subbed off injured in tonight’s U23 match which means Adam Lewis just might get his debut v Shrewsbury next Tuesday.  Maybe Tony G though is Lewis is still rusty.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101306 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:31 pm »

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Everton.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101307 on: January 29, 2020, 09:58:07 pm »
Umm did Elliot just score via an overhead kick from a corner? My eyes can't see it on instagram properly

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101308 on: January 29, 2020, 10:36:49 pm »
He's got one of these fantastic agents, doesn't he? They are a special breed, making a lot of fuss about nothing to get their way, but that rarely works more than once or twice, they get found out. Except Mino Fucking Raiola, but he's one off among them.

He’s burnt through several agents. In this case I think it’s as much about Bobby’s bigheadedness as it is about a poor agent given the number he’s been through. Hopefully he can come to his senses and settle down otherwise he’ll never make the most of his abilities.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101309 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:09 pm »
Larouci subbed off injured in tonight’s U23 match which means Adam Lewis just might get his debut v Shrewsbury next Tuesday.  Maybe Tony G though is Lewis is still rusty.

It was a knock for Larouci.. depends how bad it is.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101310 on: January 29, 2020, 10:57:08 pm »
Looks like the FA cup team will be:: Kelleher or Lonergan(Kelleher might go out on loan)Williams, Hoever, Van den Berg, Larouci or Lewis, Clarkson or Cain, Jones,  Chirivella, Elliott, Millar, Hardy.

Hardy must me buzzing. Joins about 2 weeks ago and abaout to play for Liverpool 1st team at Anfield.

In fact all the parents for the under 23's under 18's must be buzzing and proud.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #101311 on: January 29, 2020, 11:35:17 pm »
Umm did Elliot just score via an overhead kick from a corner? My eyes can't see it on instagram properly
Sounds like it’s worth a watch this goal
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #101312 on: January 29, 2020, 11:39:07 pm »
Sounds like it’s worth a watch this goal

Been posted in his thread but here you go -

https://twitter.com/StatmanJoey/status/1222613753004482560?s=20

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #101313 on: January 29, 2020, 11:47:57 pm »
Been posted in his thread but here you go -

https://twitter.com/StatmanJoey/status/1222613753004482560?s=20
Cheers. Very nice finish. Hope for more of the same vs Shrewsbury
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101314 on: January 29, 2020, 11:48:52 pm »
Sensational finish from Harvey.
YNWA

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #101315 on: January 30, 2020, 12:21:08 pm »
Looks like the FA cup team will be:: Kelleher or Lonergan(Kelleher might go out on loan)Williams, Hoever, Van den Berg, Larouci or Lewis, Clarkson or Cain, Jones,  Chirivella, Elliott, Millar, Hardy.

Hardy must me buzzing. Joins about 2 weeks ago and abaout to play for Liverpool 1st team at Anfield.

In fact all the parents for the under 23's under 18's must be buzzing and proud.

I think Elijah Dixon-Bonner should feature as well, but maybe Clarkson is ahead of him now. I like EDB but he's a tough one to place.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101316 on: January 30, 2020, 12:24:59 pm »
He’s burnt through several agents. In this case I think it’s as much about Bobby’s bigheadedness as it is about a poor agent given the number he’s been through. Hopefully he can come to his senses and settle down otherwise he’ll never make the most of his abilities.
He isnt that good at all.
Playing in good youth sides means he picks up some goals. But he has little to his game. Np pace,strength, or outstand techique.

He make it in League 1 if he is lucky.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #101317 on: January 30, 2020, 12:36:13 pm »
He isnt that good at all.
Playing in good youth sides means he picks up some goals. But he has little to his game. Np pace,strength, or outstand techique.

He make it in League 1 if he is lucky.

He thought he was the next Sancho (and wanted it all now in the process) rather than the next Adam Morgan. He needs to read up on Morgan's story for a much needed reality check.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101318 on: January 30, 2020, 08:53:46 pm »
He thought he was the next Sancho (and wanted it all now in the process) rather than the next Adam Morgan. He needs to read up on Morgan's story for a much needed reality check.

Looks like Sunderland want to sign him on loan.

Edit Sunderland pulled out. Bobby stays where he is.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2020, 08:27:39 am by Fordy »

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #101319 on: January 30, 2020, 11:52:18 pm »

I said he was from Wallasey which appears to be wrong. the official site says he’s from Liverpool and an interview online recently says Knowsley.