Author Topic: PL: WBA 1 v 2 Liverpool ‘14 Kanu ‘33 Mo 90+4 Alisson (yes Alisson)  (Read 45337 times)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
For a tall player like Nat Philips, his heading in the opposition box has been quite poor. Not sure if any of his headers have been on target. Thankfully, he also missed the ball completely to allow Alisson to head it in.

It's definitely something that can be coached. Matip was very much the same when he first joined us. Early on he seemed to get to the end of a lot of our set pieces and didn't do much with that at all, but with time and training he has become a real threat.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
As if your goalie scores a header from a corner with your last touch of the game (if the corner had been cleared the ref would have blown for full-time straight away). Just ridiculous.

Not just that he scores, but the fact that he scores a winner! Like in pretty much every other circumstance, a goalkeeper scoring from a corner is a consolation goal or at best an equaliser, because there are so few occasions that warrant sending him up when you're drawing. So normally when a goal like that goes in, you enjoy it and get a laugh out of it, but you're still a bit deflated that you haven't won.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
I was thinking this yesterday. It's so weird in a season that's been so awful to have this moment but it's one of my favourite ever football moments. I can't even imagine what it would have been like with fans in the ground, or to have been there.

And we've been blessed with SO many of these moments under Jurgen Klopp. No matter how bad it's got at times this year, we've always had Jurgen. So we've always had a chance.

Absolutely...

This is my favourite moment of the season!!!

Loving Ali's reaction to an amazing goal/result!!!!
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
Was anyone else slightly concerned after the game restarted, and Phillips struggled to head the ball clear as he stooped... until Robbo cleared it off a WBA player for a goal kick?

I was bricking it.
Was so unexpected a high before that was expecting a natural low immediately, considering this season.

Not to worry, Ashley Barnes will provide it soon enough.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
Was anyone else slightly concerned after the game restarted, and Phillips struggled to head the ball clear as he stooped... until Robbo cleared it off a WBA player for a goal kick?

My heart stopped for a second cause I was terrified that when Nat went to the ground trying to clear it, the ball had somehow hit his arm. I was never happier to hear a final whistle go.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’ve actually converted some of the garage into a space to watch the match to avoid that argument but yesterday I was getting dinner ready and couldn’t be in 2 places at once so had to watch it on the iPad, hence the argument after the winner!

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sammy is a really nice fella.

Not to mention a Scouser and fan favourite who came through the LFC ranks and has more top level honours for LFC that most footballers only can dream of.

Unless he's unapologetically written for a certain newspaper without me knowing, I honestly can't understand the disrespect Sammy gets that I've seem quite a few times on here.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
My heart stopped for a second cause I was terrified that when Nat went to the ground trying to clear it, the ball had somehow hit his arm. I was never happier to hear a final whistle go.

Anyone got a clip of this? I can barely remember much after the goal to be honest.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Not just that he scores, but the fact that he scores a winner! Like in pretty much every other circumstance, a goalkeeper scoring from a corner is a consolation goal or at best an equaliser, because there are so few occasions that warrant sending him up when you're drawing. So normally when a goal like that goes in, you enjoy it and get a laugh out of it, but you're still a bit deflated that you haven't won.

Not really sure about that. If the keeper goes forward for a corner he does so for a reason and that is, because you want to get at least a draw or the win as in our case. If he then scores you go ballistic even if it just makes it 1-1, because that will be a 1-1 that was worth taking the risk (like you're playing in the second leg of the CL drew 0-0 at home and are 1-0 behind in the last minute in the second leg). And even if it isn't a case of advancing or dropping out of a knockout tie, it's still something you'll celebrate, because it's unexpected. I've never seen a goalkeeper go forward just to try and score a consolation goal.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Not really sure about that. If the keeper goes forward for a corner he does so for a reason and that is, because you want to get at least a draw or the win as in our case. If he then scores you go ballistic even if it just makes it 1-1, because that will be a 1-1 that was worth taking the risk (like you're playing in the second leg of the CL drew 0-0 at home and are 1-0 behind in the last minute in the second leg). And even if it isn't a case of advancing or dropping out of a knockout tie, it's still something you'll celebrate, because it's unexpected. I've never seen a goalkeeper go forward just to try and score a consolation goal.

Schmeichel's PL goal was a consolation goal in a 2-1 defeat (obviously with the intention of then going on to get an equaliser).

Don't get me wrong, I get that you would still go ballistic if it was an equaliser, I'm talking more about afterwards when you realise that you've only drawn a game you expected to win. Like when we scored at the end to get a 2-2 draw with West Brom in Klopp's first season (followed by the infamous celebration), it was a nice moment but still left a bad taste in the mouth (or at least mine) when the dust settled. It wouldn't have been any different had it been Mignolet that scored. Great moment, still a pretty shit result in the grand scheme of things.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not to mention a Scouser and fan favourite who came through the LFC ranks and has more top level honours for LFC that most footballers only can dream of.

Unless he's unapologetically written for a certain newspaper without me knowing, I honestly can't understand the disrespect Sammy gets that I've seem quite a few times on here.

Yeah still love Sammy, marked Breitner out of the European Cup semi final and always gave his all. He's also a decent fella. When he was getting work done on his house, he was hiring all the stuff from us. I wasn't based in the depot in Wavertree at the time, so didn't do the deliveries, but the other drivers did, said he was sound, dead chatty with them and always gave them a good tip, they all used to argue over who was getting the jobs ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four

I don't quite understand this, but find it immensely amusing nonetheless... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't quite understand this, but find it immensely amusing nonetheless... :D

Henpecked  ;)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

haha yes! I was afraid on that weird dive header than he may have handballed it.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
If you stand right in the middle of the goal, in front of the keeper, in an offside position as the kick or pass is made, you should really be aware that you are taking a bit of a chance.

Anyway, my prediction: next time Ali goes up for a corner we are getting a pelanty - he should start practising his flailing dive now.

Does he get to take the penalty?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Only if he is going to head it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The fuckers would never let Brucie take one, even when we were 5-0 up.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
The fuckers would never let Brucie take one, even when we were 5-0 up.

Brucie, Brucie give us a goal!

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
I have to admit i thought it was the wrong decision when i saw Ali going up.  Yes, we desperately needed a goal. But my mind set was that although a draw would take it out of our hands, we would still have a chance winning the last 2. But if we had lost it was over. The way 2 wins will almost certainly do it now, but 4 pts from the last 2 might just be enough. So if we lost the initial header one of theirs could have tried a 70 yarder into our empty net. Seconds later was euphoria.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
What was Fat Sam's opinion on their equaliser in December?

Offline fiveways

• Anny Roader
Just watched andy robertsons post-match interview on lfctv - epitomises the lfc spirit

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
The best expressions  ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
What a week it has been: winning at the Old Trafford? goalkeeper scoring?

Next game: Mo Salah makes a worldie save between the sticks
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
For a tall player like Nat Philips, his heading in the opposition box has been quite poor. Not sure if any of his headers have been on target. Thankfully, he also missed the ball completely to allow Alisson to head it in.
I was thinking that.
Nat seems to head the ball the same way, regardless of which penalty are he is in. Great at clearing the ball in our box, but equally great at clearing it in the opposition box.

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy

slightly concerned?  Naaaa

I had a brief but full blown actual panic.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a week it has been: winning at the Old Trafford? goalkeeper scoring?

Next game: Mo Salah makes a worldie save between the sticks

A pitch length scorpion clearance that lobs the keeper.

Offline jameslfc1997

• Anny Roader
You could see how upset Salah was with the Gini miss, it slipping away then the pure joy of that goal.

Offline rubber soul

• Kopite
Sammy Lee has such a punchable face
Behave.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
Just watched the bullfrogs salty interview. Reminded me of that underwater character in that shite Star Wars film but with gravy coming out of his mouth instead of spittle. Brilliant

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
The goal was the biggest outpouring of spontaneous joy and emotion I have experienced since Origi's Barca goal. It's been a bloody miserable slog of the season with everything that's happened, all the VAR shite, European Super League, celebrity punditry, injuries, enough to make people feel jaded and out of love with football....all it takes is one magical moment like that to pull me right back in and remind me why I love football and Liverpool.

It's Liverpool fan exceptionalism to say this kind of stuff doesn't happen to other teams...but it doesn't, does it?
I think the aguero winner for the league is at least as good as any of our moments. I don't see them ever having another though.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
Disgraceful small time tactics and club. Rolling over for other small clubs like Newcastle or Everton but playing like their lives depended on it against us. Hope they never come back up.  :wave
Sure, but it would be the same if by some miracle they ever came up against Barcelona or Bayern - we're an elite team that opponents will always want to raise their games for.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
The last time I’ve gone that mental in a league game was Origi vs Everton, before that probably Lallana against Norwich.

not even Salah vs ManUtd last season? ;D ;)

or Gini's header vs Barca? ;)

though, tbf, with Salah's goal I went a mixture between mental and incredibly emotional. It was the exact moment where I *knew* we were, without a single doubt, winning the league. Not a matter of belief, but a matter of unwavering certainty.

And with Gini's goal I was like... laughing madly and in shock at the same time. I couldn't believe what was happening before my eyes!

Online dai_bonehead

• Kopite
Sammy Lee has such a punchable face

I’m 47, too young (!) to remember him play, but my uncle always spoke highly of  Sammy Lee. A little bit of respect towards the giants upon whose shoulders our team collectively stands upon would not hurt.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
I’m 47, too young (!) to remember him play, but my uncle always spoke highly of  Sammy Lee. A little bit of respect towards the giants upon whose shoulders our team collectively stands upon would not hurt.
Physically he is sort of morphing into Lardarse, whether that's just age or enforced gravy injections, who knows, but he was the epitome of a Liverpool player, beloved of the fans in our most fertile period. A one man panzer regiment.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
I think the aguero winner for the league is at least as good as any of our moments. I don't see them ever having another though.

Yeah, but, that took a league away from the Mancs so that was our moment too. I was sat on the edge of my seat that whole game going "qpr? qpfuckingr are going to hand united a title? this cant stand go you blue wankers. Go!" 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town

Agreed, when you consider what was at stake, the fact that it took the title away from their local rivals in just that moment after the previous 20 years living in their shadows, context, timing, the fact they scored twice. It pains me to say it but I doubt it will ever be beaten, at the time I was just happy to see Ferguson's face, it was the beginning of the end for United.

Mind you, we have had Gerrard/Alonso/Smicer, Owen and Gerrard in cup finals, Barcelona, Dortmund, Everton on several occasions (McAlister, Jones, Lawler, Mane and Origi), Olympiakos, St.John, Fairclough. We're spoilt.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town

He was great, took his chance when Jimmy Case got injured (who was brilliant and seemed irreplaceable) and made himself indispensible through sheer effort and application. Souness, Lee and McDermott and Kennedy/Whelan were brilliant. He played alongside Case in the 1980/81 LC final, that was a biting midfield.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
I'm ashamed to admit it. I switched off the TV seconds before.

Hahaha  :wanker  ;D

Right up there with Lallana against Norwich, Lovren against Dortmund, Origi vs Barca, and Origi vs Everton.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine

It even looked for a moment like he botched the header and handballed it just on the penalty area line. Love him to bits but that was scary af.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
This match and All's goal will live in my memory forever.
Believer