The Liverpool FC Forum > The History Board - 1892 to 1994

Liverpool's lucky 13th - 1981/82 season...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stubbins:

--- Quote from: Black Bull Nova on July 25, 2022, 02:50:20 pm ---Recognise Money, Sheedy and Ogricivic but who is the lad on the top row on the left as you look at them, Avi Cohen?

--- End quote ---

Aye, I'm pretty sure it's Avi Cohen

MNAA:
Incredible. This is wonderful. 1981-82 is my favourite season of all seasons. The change of guards. The emergence and rise of Rush, Whelan, Lawrenson, Grobbelaar and Johnston. Souness being made captain. And most of all, the genius of Bob Paisley was on display for all to see

One small disappointment - there was no clip for the turnaround game - the 4-0 FA Cup 3rd Round win at Swansea

Black Bull Nova:

--- Quote from: Stubbins on July 25, 2022, 03:45:06 pm ---Aye, I'm pretty sure it's Avi Cohen

--- End quote ---

Those were the days when you bought a couple of players just in case one of the '12' got injured. They got little game time and there was little in the way of rotation. Same team every week with Craig Johnston appearing in the second half.

For those who missed it, Avi was killed in a car crash in 2010, he played 18 games for us and that was in the days when signing someone from outside England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland was quite exotic. Around the time Spurs bought Ardiles and Villa which was a seismic leap at the time.

rob1966:

--- Quote from: Black Bull Nova on July 25, 2022, 04:31:15 pm ---
Those were the days when you bought a couple of players just in case one of the '12' got injured. They got little game time and there was little in the way of rotation. Same team every week with Craig Johnston appearing in the second half.

For those who missed it, Avi was killed in a car crash in 2010, he played 18 games for us and that was in the days when signing someone from outside England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland was quite exotic. Around the time Spurs bought Ardiles and Villa which was a seismic leap at the time.

--- End quote ---

Fuck. I probably heard that but have no memory of it, had a lot going on in 2010.

My fave memory of Avi is him scoring an OG to put Villa level at 1-1 and then scoring his first goal in front of the Kop to put us 2-1 up and us winning the game 4-1 and therefore the league.

https://www.youtube.com/v/iZTUuyz1ugk

I wore a coat that day and was sewating my bollocks off in the middle of the Kop and had older fellas taking the piss out of me.

Kalito:
Bloody brilliant.  8) Top stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version