Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1046385 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #15880 on: March 29, 2021, 03:29:09 pm »
What does that entail? I do my own and my family's cars inside and out. Feel like I'm being stroked as I do it for nothing  :D
I find it mildly therapeutic in a way so wouldn't normally look to get it valeted, but the £200 was for inside vaccuming and cleaning of the plastic and the dash and carpets, then full wash outside and waxing. So essentially, what I ended up doing. I just can't see where the value in that comes from. It wasn't a full detail or anything and at least three places quoted me similar figures. You definitely need to start charging mate!  ;D

I'll probably be back in here complaining over mine v BMW's version of 'acceptable wear and tear.'
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15881 on: March 29, 2021, 03:36:36 pm »
Where on earth do you live? That's £20 round my way!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15882 on: March 29, 2021, 03:38:18 pm »

Yeah that’s like £20-30 ish round here. You only get into the hundreds if you’re having a proper machine polish, etc done.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15883 on: March 29, 2021, 03:44:36 pm »
Yeah that’s like £20-30 ish round here. You only get into the hundreds if you’re having a proper machine polish, etc done.

As a bit of an 'enthusiast' I've got a full paint correction and detail planned for my car this week providing it's not too sunny and if people are getting away with charging £200 for a mini-valet I'm moving to wherever Sangria lives and setting myself up ASAP!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15884 on: March 29, 2021, 03:45:20 pm »
Not too far from Chester, all the quotes were from companies in Chester or Ellesmere Port. The best price I got quoted was £50 but he had no availability until the end of April.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15885 on: March 29, 2021, 04:13:47 pm »
£200  :o

Mine is getting done on the driveway next week, prestige valet and its £70. That's the inside hoovered, cleaned, seats etc done, outside washed, tyres blacked. Mine has got cream leather interior and really needs a good thorough clean.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15886 on: March 29, 2021, 04:51:10 pm »
£200  :o

Mine is getting done on the driveway next week, prestige valet and its £70. That's the inside hoovered, cleaned, seats etc done, outside washed, tyres blacked. Mine has got cream leather interior and really needs a good thorough clean.

Dunno why this appeared..does this need happen when your car gets cleaned?

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/BQUOwXbbG_4?start=185" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/BQUOwXbbG_4?start=185</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15887 on: March 29, 2021, 07:17:04 pm »
I find it mildly therapeutic in a way so wouldn't normally look to get it valeted, but the £200 was for inside vaccuming and cleaning of the plastic and the dash and carpets, then full wash outside and waxing. So essentially, what I ended up doing. I just can't see where the value in that comes from. It wasn't a full detail or anything and at least three places quoted me similar figures. You definitely need to start charging mate!  ;D

I'll probably be back in here complaining over mine v BMW's version of 'acceptable wear and tear.'

That's mental.
I do a full weekend on my own car when the notion takes me.
Rinse, foam, rinse, hand wash, rinse, dry, clay, compound, polish, wax, clean the alloys, tyres, plastics, full trimmings inside etc.
Will skip the clay and compound on other peoples cars as it takes forever. If I was paying £200 I'd want all of that done to be fair. Certainly wouldn't be paying that for what you described.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15888 on: March 29, 2021, 08:14:05 pm »
I don't even know what clay means, in this context!

My poor car has clearly not been pampered :)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15889 on: March 29, 2021, 08:52:04 pm »
That's mental.
I do a full weekend on my own car when the notion takes me.
Rinse, foam, rinse, hand wash, rinse, dry, clay, compound, polish, wax, clean the alloys, tyres, plastics, full trimmings inside etc.
Will skip the clay and compound on other peoples cars as it takes forever. If I was paying £200 I'd want all of that done to be fair. Certainly wouldn't be paying that for what you described.

Do you get any rinsing done?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15890 on: March 29, 2021, 08:58:23 pm »
I don't even know what clay means, in this context!

My poor car has clearly not been pampered :)

Basically just go over the whole car with a piece of clay. Gets off all the little tiny specks of dirt you missed in the previous steps, and means you won't scratch the paint or have any swirls during the compound and polishing process.

I do love a good rinse.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15891 on: March 29, 2021, 10:58:05 pm »
Think that's a Chester/Ellsmere Port speciality by the sound of it...

Basically just go over the whole car with a piece of clay. Gets off all the little tiny specks of dirt you missed in the previous steps, and means you won't scratch the paint or have any swirls during the compound and polishing process.

Ah, makes sense. I'm assuming it's special clay and not something from The Works
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15892 on: March 29, 2021, 11:04:56 pm »
Think that's a Chester/Ellsmere Port speciality by the sound of it...
Ah, makes sense. I'm assuming it's special clay and not something from The Works

I'll bet Barney's refrigerator is as clean as his car...

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15893 on: March 31, 2021, 10:19:56 pm »
Replying to my own question earlier in the thread & if there was anyone who was concerned about this..

https://fullfact.org/online/lateral-flow-tests-ethylene-oxide/

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15894 on: March 31, 2021, 10:21:40 pm »
I'll bet Barney's refrigerator is as clean as his car...

Just everyone else’s fridges that look like a painters radio after his visit.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15895 on: March 31, 2021, 11:13:32 pm »
;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15896 on: April 1, 2021, 12:17:33 am »
 ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15897 on: April 1, 2021, 03:12:11 am »

:wave

Another euphemism added to the tremendous store learnt on RAWK...

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15898 on: April 1, 2021, 07:31:02 am »
Just everyone else’s fridges Katie Price's face that looks like a painters radio after his visit.

🤐

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15899 on: April 5, 2021, 10:00:26 am »
What do you call those little runners/strips that you can put at the bottom of your white goods to make them easy to pull in/out etc? I can't find them anyway and have just got a chest freezer than fits perfect under the worktop but I don't want to be scraping the floor every time I need to open it!
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15900 on: April 5, 2021, 10:01:36 am »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15901 on: April 5, 2021, 10:12:26 am »
Yeah mate that would work, but I don't think I have 4cm of clearance to work with (hello penis jokes ;D). I was thinking more of a strip for the floor and the underside of the freezer which is pretty frictionless, so to slide it out easier.

But what you found works too :) just need an even shorter version!

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15902 on: April 5, 2021, 10:27:46 am »
Have you tried Bonjela?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15903 on: April 5, 2021, 10:28:54 am »
Yeah mate that would work, but I don't think I have 4cm of clearance to work with (hello penis jokes ;D). I was thinking more of a strip for the floor and the underside of the freezer which is pretty frictionless, so to slide it out easier.

But what you found works too :) just need an even shorter version!

These are what you want, appliance skis

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Washing-Machine-Tumble-Dryer-Moving-Ski-Sliders-Safer-Than-Appliance-Rollers-/391276458791

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15905 on: April 5, 2021, 10:47:15 am »
Barney prob has a few sets you can borrow.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15906 on: April 5, 2021, 02:35:42 pm »
Barney prob has a few sets you can borrow.

;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15907 on: April 9, 2021, 08:28:14 pm »
Lad wants a bit of help with his English lit homework and I'm stuck. I did a Midsummer Nights Dream for O level, but that was 40 years ago. He's got to write a 200 word paragraph on the impact on the audience of the phrase "If I were fair, fair Thisbe, I were only thine"

WTF does that phrase even mean?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15908 on: April 9, 2021, 08:52:30 pm »
It’s a joke so the audience would find it funny. Bottoms (character) head has been transformed into that of a donkey (ass) and this is when he first enters to these characters. It’s a play within a play so Bottom is playing another character. Fair means beautiful in this case, so it’s ironic that if he was beautiful (fair) he’d be Thisbes.

He’s satirising the theme of ardent love and pretending to be a hot lover.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15909 on: April 9, 2021, 09:38:09 pm »
Does anyone know if you can use withdraw in branch from an RBS branch if you are a Natwest customer?

Asking for a family member, they have a savings account with Natwest, but not a current account which means they don't allow online withdrawals (how fucking backwards is that in this day and age). Needs the money withdrawn on Monday to complete house purchase and there is no Natwest branch anywhere near.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15910 on: April 9, 2021, 09:54:48 pm »
Does anyone know if you can use withdraw in branch from an RBS branch if you are a Natwest customer?

Asking for a family member, they have a savings account with Natwest, but not a current account which means they don't allow online withdrawals (how fucking backwards is that in this day and age). Needs the money withdrawn on Monday to complete house purchase and there is no Natwest branch anywhere near.

I think you can mate.  My mum had both and I'm almost sure we could do either or.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15911 on: April 9, 2021, 10:11:04 pm »
It’s a joke so the audience would find it funny. Bottoms (character) head has been transformed into that of a donkey (ass) and this is when he first enters to these characters. It’s a play within a play so Bottom is playing another character. Fair means beautiful in this case, so it’s ironic that if he was beautiful (fair) he’d be Thisbes.

He’s satirising the theme of ardent love and pretending to be a hot lover.

Cheers :thumbup

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15912 on: April 9, 2021, 10:17:51 pm »
I think you can mate.  My mum had both and I'm almost sure we could do either or.

Cheers Debs, realised that telephone banking is open tomorrow so can at least phone and ask. The nearest Natwest branch is 90 miles away (this is the sort of thing you would have had to deal with if you moved to Scotland  ;D).

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15913 on: April 10, 2021, 07:27:08 am »
Has anyone ever heard of a company changing overtime rates? Ive been getting time and a half for 35 years and since Covid hit we went down to single time for any hours worked. I could understand it for a bit but its been over a year now since I was on furlough. Im just about to do a 60 hour week and the difference is well over a hundred pounds for one week and its pissing people off.
Just wondered if anyone knows if its totally legal, as we have signed no contracts to that effect.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15914 on: April 10, 2021, 07:40:20 am »
Has anyone ever heard of a company changing overtime rates? Ive been getting time and a half for 35 years and since Covid hit we went down to single time for any hours worked. I could understand it for a bit but its been over a year now since I was on furlough. Im just about to do a 60 hour week and the difference is well over a hundred pounds for one week and its pissing people off.
Just wondered if anyone knows if its totally legal, as we have signed no contracts to that effect.

What does your contract say? If it says time and a half they have to pay that. If not, they don't, but it depends on the wording.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15915 on: April 10, 2021, 07:54:35 am »
What does your contract say? If it says time and a half they have to pay that. If not, they don't, but it depends on the wording.

Thanks, im sure it says time and a half but its been so long its hard to remember. Its just the principle as much as the money. We only laid off 2 people due to covid, and this year weve had loads of work on, brexit has had only a pain in the arse effect, rather than losing work abroad.

I dont do as much overtime as I used to, its just a ballache. Im here now on a Saturday morning getting paid less than I would have in the 90s.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15916 on: April 10, 2021, 08:03:53 am »
Thanks, im sure it says time and a half but its been so long its hard to remember. Its just the principle as much as the money. We only laid off 2 people due to covid, and this year weve had loads of work on, brexit has had only a pain in the arse effect, rather than losing work abroad.

I dont do as much overtime as I used to, its just a ballache. Im here now on a Saturday morning getting paid less than I would have in the 90s.

See if you can get hold of your contract and make sure it says that - if it does, they have to pay up. They'll likely won't want you to do much overtime after that, but you shouldn't miss out on pay you're owed.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15917 on: April 10, 2021, 08:32:24 am »
See if you can get hold of your contract and make sure it says that - if it does, they have to pay up. They'll likely won't want you to do much overtime after that, but you shouldn't miss out on pay you're owed.

:thumbup thanks very much. I will have a look. It might be immaterial soon anyway as I have told both bosses to piss off and leave me alone over the last month. I think my time is up.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15918 on: April 10, 2021, 08:45:39 am »
Cheers Debs, realised that telephone banking is open tomorrow so can at least phone and ask. The nearest Natwest branch is 90 miles away (this is the sort of thing you would have had to deal with if you moved to Scotland  ;D).

I have it here on Anglesey mate.  My nearest bank branch is either Chester or Liverpool 🙄

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15919 on: April 10, 2021, 12:36:30 pm »
Anyone live in or near Penistone who can help me out with something pub/bar related?

Ta