The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

Dan Gordon's Hillsborough Film

(1/14) > >>

PhilScraton:
Just announced
Following the remarkable events of last week and the jury’s verdict of Unlawful Killing at the Hillsborough Inquests:

Hillsborough

Documentary by Daniel Gordon
Liverpool FACT, Wood Street, Liverpool at 6.30pm on Saturday 7 May
Queen's Film Theatre, University Square, Belfast at 6pm on Tuesday 10 May

These are the first public screenings of the EMMY nominated film, not shown previously due to the coroner’s contempt ruling throughout the inquests, with new ending. They will be followed by a Q&A with Producer/Director Daniel Gordon and Professor Phil Scraton, School of Law, Queen's University Belfast - Factual Consultant Hillsborough; Author Hillsborough: The Truth and Lead Author the Hillsborough Independent Panel Report.

Hillsborough is an in-depth, moving account of Britain’s worst sporting disaster in which 96 men, women and children were killed, hundreds injured and thousands traumatised – and recounts the 27 year campaign for justice fought on behalf of the 96 who died.

Tickets:
Liverpool: 0151 707 4444
Belfast: https://queensfilmtheatre.ticketsolve.com/#/shows/873554202https://queensfilmtheatre.ticketsolve.com/#/shows/873554202
‪#‎YNWA‬

The film will be shown also on BBC2, Sunday 8 May.

Speedy Molby:
Saw the film on YouTube, it's excellent. I'm sure the Q&A will be fascinating - if you can make it do so. Don't miss the BBC2 screening.

ALPH1217:
I've just watched it also - powerful, gripping, heartwrenching. I've nothing but complete admiration for the brave families and the tireless work of Prof. Scraton.

jymbojetset:
Just watched it.

Incredibly harrowing account of that day.

I would say for anyone connected with football this is compulsive viewing to show what the families have had to endure over the last 27 years.

Has the FA ever apologised for their role in this?

oojason:
Looking forward to seeing this again Sunday on BBC2 at 9pm with the new ending - and many thanks to everyone involved with the making of this - it really is a powerful, educational and emotive program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version