Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 266566 times)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
That forum is tragic!

I stopped reading after some guy claimed that our ‘negro’ players are smarter than their ‘negro’ players. Unbelievable stuff!

Jeezus.  :butt

I thought it was bad when they said the big clubs  in England were United and Arsenal
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I get it's the team colours but that forum looks like it's about 15 years old.

Attached a prize post from between the games - dude needs to heed his own signature!

Probably Luis. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Those pricks dwelling on Dembele's miss at the end. Hiya beauts, it does not work that way, you know?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
This defeat is still haunting me.

Barcaforum, today

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Does noone think it strange to have a Barcelona forum in English?

It's funny. When we played them in 07, I came across this very same forum and they were this arrogant back then as well about us. Nothing has changed  ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Just leave this one here.

How dare we believe!!!

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
Prognosticator of prognosticators:

Playing the second leg away worries me. We could win 3-0 at Camp Nou and then lose there easily.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15686-Champions-League-Semi-Final-Liverpool-FC-Barcelona-4-3-agg?p=2052089&viewfull=1#post2052089

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
It's funny. When we played them in 07, I came across this very same forum and they were this arrogant back then as well about us. Nothing has changed  ;D

And Messi hadn't even broken through then!

It's honestly bizarre, given our history in the competition, both pre Heysel and since 2005, that so many clubs continue to underestimate us. 

I can understand fans being a bit arrogant and confident - we all believe our team is the best after all - but there's also a glaring lack of humility, and it does seem to be mostly the Spanish clubs' problem - although Italy in the past has also had this attitude.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
I can understand fans being a bit arrogant and confident - we all believe our team is the best after all - but there's also a glaring lack of humility, and it does seem to be mostly the Spanish clubs' problem - although Italy in the past has also had this attitude.
Tbf in the previous 10 seasons the Spanish teams owned the CL final. If they reached the final (7 times) they've won it (Barca 3, Real 4 times). They had a good run, but the tide is turning again.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
Enjoy :)

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15686-Champions-League-Semi-Final-Liverpool-FC-Barcelona-4-3-agg?p=2075214#post2075214

The begging for Messi to be their saviour for the millionth time was pretty funny. Everything comes down to Messi, every single time.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does noone think it strange to have a Barcelona forum in English?
Given our own global fanbase, I'm sure there are some fairly busy Red forums in languages other than English. Look at how we fill stadiums on any continent in preseason.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
The begging for Messi to be their saviour for the millionth time was pretty funny. Everything comes down to Messi, every single time.
It's a team sport and they are paying more money to one player than our full attack earns. It's bad management.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Have you seen the LFC TV footage, it shows our players relaxed as fuck getting off the team bus, Milner's having a right laugh with someone. Barcelona players look bemused and nervous. Anfield on nights like that fucks up your head, 3-0 up or not.

Great angles for the goals and highlights in that footage too, must have watched it a hundred times, I will never tire of watching what we achieved on that incredible night!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Bollox to stereotyping of that sort -- it's so lazy. So some Barça supporters on a forum are expressing themselves badly. So do we.

I still enjoy the videos of this match. Let's just keep it about us.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
Given our own global fanbase, I'm sure there are some fairly busy Red forums in languages other than English. Look at how we fill stadiums on any continent in preseason.

English is also the international language, so there's a good chance that fans from different countries would use English as the language of discussion. And English speakers are notoriously loathe to learn other languages, so other language forums would exclude most English first language speakers.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
It's a team sport and they are paying more money to one player than our full attack earns. It's bad management.
That came about because of Pep's arrival at City.

Pep wanted Messi so badly and were willing to pay the £220 million buy out clause.

That forced Barca's hand so they gave him a pay rise of 50 million Euros a season and put his buy out clause to $835 million/700 million Euros.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
It's honestly bizarre, given our history in the competition, both pre Heysel and since 2005, that so many clubs continue to underestimate us.
I think this has always been so in Europe. I was lucky enough to be of an age where I witnessed our emergence on the European scene with, first, UEFA Cup wins then old big ears himself. The big continental sides always underestimated us and the power of Anfield. Despite our history since, plenty still seem to underestimate us even today.

Too many European sides have thought they'd done the hard work against us and thought they were through, only to come unstuck. The fact that too many of them continue to underestimate us even now can really play into our hands. I love the fact that they do this. I hope it never changes.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
I think this has always been so in Europe. I was lucky enough to be of an age where I witnessed our emergence on the European scene with, first, UEFA Cup wins then old big ears himself. The big continental sides always underestimated us and the power of Anfield. Despite our history since, plenty still seem to underestimate us even today.

Too many European sides have thought they'd done the hard work against us and thought they were through, only to come unstuck. The fact that too many of them continue to underestimate us even now can really play into our hands. I love the fact that they do this. I hope it never changes.

At least from what I've seen, foreign fans have a healthy respect for Anfield, with even the biggest teams not wanting to play us except in a one legged final. What earlier posts see as complacency is just understandable confidence following a 3-0 first leg lead. No worse than what you'd see here if we were in the same position. It's understandable on our part to enjoy reading these posts with hindsight. But we shouldn't really draw negative conclusions about other fans from reading them with hindsight. We wouldn't have been any better (see posts about leading the title race last season).
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Gets really interesting around page 93. :)
What is this culture of watching a match where you spend so much time moaning in a forum when the game lasts 90 odd minutes and there's 160 odd other hours in the week for that crap?. I barely talk at the match, let alone when watching it on a screen.

But after saying that, it was like going in to either Manchester forums these days, all 3 of their teams entitled and bitter.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
At least from what I've seen, foreign fans have a healthy respect for Anfield, with even the biggest teams not wanting to play us except in a one legged final. What earlier posts see as complacency is just understandable confidence following a 3-0 first leg lead. No worse than what you'd see here if we were in the same position. It's understandable on our part to enjoy reading these posts with hindsight. But we shouldn't really draw negative conclusions about other fans from reading them with hindsight. We wouldn't have been any better (see posts about leading the title race last season).
I agree with you regarding the fans, though I was thinking more about the teams themselves, as I thought Red Berry was too. Apart from the usual suspects of the likes of Roma, Napoli, Juventus etc I'd much rather see continental fans at Anfield than most of the morons who come here with domestic clubs. European fans seem generally more respectful and decent, which is refreshing.

I think we have often been underestimated by the biggest continental clubs over the years. Remember Bayern printing directions to the final for their fans before playing us in a semi final. We've also seen no end of comments from people from very high profile European clubs talking of how Anfield won't bother them and they will come here and do a job on us. Our European history is littered with opposition saying such things before we send them packing. It's quite possibly down to them having ultimate belief in their own abilities than anything else, but I still believe we are underestimated more than we should be. I'm fine with it too, because it hands us an advantage.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
I agree with you regarding the fans, though I was thinking more about the teams themselves, as I thought Red Berry was too. Apart from the usual suspects of the likes of Roma, Napoli, Juventus etc I'd much rather see continental fans at Anfield than most of the morons who come here with domestic clubs. European fans seem generally more respectful and decent, which is refreshing.

I think we have often been underestimated by the biggest continental clubs over the years. Remember Bayern printing directions to the final for their fans before playing us in a semi final. We've also seen no end of comments from people from very high profile European clubs talking of how Anfield won't bother them and they will come here and do a job on us. Our European history is littered with opposition saying such things before we send them packing. It's quite possibly down to them having ultimate belief in their own abilities than anything else, but I still believe we are underestimated more than we should be. I'm fine with it too, because it hands us an advantage.

Fans of foreign clubs don't have the anti-Scouse prejudice present among all English clubs, excusing itself as hatred of Liverpool fans, but in form and reality based on hatred of Liverpudlians. Although I wince when I see gloating like that earlier in this thread, or whining about how we "deserve" this and that. People will hate us no matter what, but at least we can try and improve our own behaviour and live up to standards we aspire to.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
Prognosticator of prognosticators:
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/15686-Champions-League-Semi-Final-Liverpool-FC-Barcelona-4-3-agg?p=2052089&viewfull=1#post2052089

Their team is so front heavy and they lack quality in mid and defense (minus VVD). Barcelona are more balanced and should dominate the midfield.

Holy shit :D
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
I had a look at the barcaforum today and it did give me a good laugh. By the end of it, a lot realised how strong Liverpool actually were in that game. No one will doubt us in Europe next season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I liked the “Never forget” line that one of the Barca fans posted on that forum in one of the latter pages a few weeks after the game. Made me chuckle.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I liked the “Never forget” line that one of the Barca fans posted on that forum in one of the latter pages a few weeks after the game. Made me chuckle.

Had he returned to Anfield for the Take That concert?

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan

One could argue that was just the Germans being efficient and planning ahead.  ;)
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Bollox to stereotyping of that sort -- it's so lazy. So some Barça supporters on a forum are expressing themselves badly. So do we.

I still enjoy the videos of this match. Let's just keep it about us.

Who's stereotyping?  Where have I failed to give credit when it was due to the Barca fans?  I've said repeatedly that any number of them have been highly respectful to us.  However it was only fair to point out that many others carry an institutional arrogance.

When you are winning everything in sight then yes, a sense of entitlement can descend on your perception; and a team with Messi in it has every right to expect to win things.  There's nothing wrong with being cocky.  But you can still show your opponents respect.  Plenty of Barca fans knew that the Nou Camp result flattered them greatly.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Fans of foreign clubs don't have the anti-Scouse prejudice present among all English clubs, excusing itself as hatred of Liverpool fans, but in form and reality based on hatred of Liverpudlians. Although I wince when I see gloating like that earlier in this thread, or whining about how we "deserve" this and that. People will hate us no matter what, but at least we can try and improve our own behaviour and live up to standards we aspire to.

I don't see any love or respect for Liverpool fans from fans of any of the Italian clubs. Don't forget what the Roma Ultras did on the streets of Liverpool, you know actually in real life and not on some internet bollox forum. Given their record of violence none of the Italian clubs should be playing in Europe, I fear for the safety of our fans every time we draw one of them which is unacceptable in itself.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 10:46:06 pm by Yosser0_0 »
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

I agree.  It's always the same and they never seem to learn.  It's why Kiev sickened me so much.  Still, after back to back CL finals and what we did this season just gone, I think many clubs will be far more wary and respectful of us now at Anfield and away.  We'll have our bad days certainly, but nobody will be taking any result against us for granted next season.  That will probably make our job harder, but I guess we can handle it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I don't see any love or respect for Liverpool fans from fans of any of the Italian clubs. Don't forget what the Roma Ultras did on the streets of Liverpool, you know actually in real life on not on some internet bollox forum. Given their record of violence none of the Italian clubs should be playing in Europe, I fear for the safety of our fans every time we draw one of them which is unacceptable in itself.

Agree, although that is most definitely more an "anti-English" attitude rather than an "anti-Liverpool" or "anti-Scouser" one.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan

The "Remember the Athenians" line is better.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Agree, although that is most definitely more an "anti-English" attitude rather than an "anti-Liverpool" or "anti-Scouser" one.

Yes I didn't miss the point of the original point, but does that mean that it should suddenly sit easier with us? The anti Scouse thing is tribal, like North / South, Lancs / York's, it varies from banter to contempt and then hatred but it's mostly rethoric but can be used to create a seige mentality and togetherness. These Ultras seem to just want to put as many of us in boxes as possible.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I also have the impression it's an anti-English thing with them rather than specifically anti-Liverpool. To those still living in the last century, English scalps are highly prized. Certain fanbases in Italy are definitely still rooted in the dark ages, as are some in Russia, Poland etc. Mind you, I don't think we've had issues with the likes of Milan fans. To be honest though, I'd be content never to play an Italian side in Europe ever again. Or at least until the usual suspects learn to behave like civilised human beings.

I think the usual suspects in Italy cause trouble with any visiting sides when they can. They will always want to fight the English, but they are no different when fans from other countries visit them either.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
I also have the impression it's an anti-English thing with them rather than specifically anti-Liverpool. To those still living in the last century, English scalps are highly prized. Certain fanbases in Italy are definitely still rooted in the dark ages, as are some in Russia, Poland etc. Mind you, I don't think we've had issues with the likes of Milan fans. To be honest though, I'd be content never to play an Italian side in Europe ever again. Or at least until the usual suspects learn to behave like civilised human beings.

I think the usual suspects in Italy cause trouble with any visiting sides when they can. They will always want to fight the English, but they are no different when fans from other countries visit them either.

Ultras are basically gangs based around football, or mafias to use the Italian term. The culture is centred on the match, but their life is all the underground gangster stuff. There was a Guardian Long Read article a while ago about a member who was drawn into that life. I'd imagine ultras from other hooligan-ridden football cultures would be similar.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Who's stereotyping?  Where have I failed to give credit when it was due to the Barca fans?  I've said repeatedly that any number of them have been highly respectful to us.  However it was only fair to point out that many others carry an institutional arrogance.

When you are winning everything in sight then yes, a sense of entitlement can descend on your perception; and a team with Messi in it has every right to expect to win things.  There's nothing wrong with being cocky.  But you can still show your opponents respect.  Plenty of Barca fans knew that the Nou Camp result flattered them greatly.

The Barca fans who actually live in a Barcelona I have found to be generally respectful and, while possibly entitled, still willing to give credit where it is due (though in their minds failure is down more to them fucking up then the opposition just being better). On the whole, from those I have met in person, they are a decent bunch. I think the club is more arrogant and entitled then the actual fans themselves (if that makes sense?)

Problem with forums like that one though, especially English-speaking ones, is you get all the arm-chair fans who have probably never stepped foot in the Camp Nou (or may have done once on holiday) mouthing off in an arrogant and entitled fashion because their whole reason for supporting Barcelona is the fact they are one of the biggest clubs in the world with the biggest names who win everything, rather then any notion of Catalan pride or identity. 

Still a great read though  :D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Yes I didn't miss the point of the original point, but does that mean that it should suddenly sit easier with us? The anti Scouse thing is tribal, like North / South, Lancs / York's, it varies from banter to contempt and then hatred but it's mostly rethoric but can be used to create a seige mentality and togetherness. These Ultras seem to just want to put as many of us in boxes as possible.

Absolutely. As others have said, Italian ultras don't really care where you're from. They just want to put you in a box.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That forum is tragic!

I stopped reading after some guy claimed that our ‘negro’ players are smarter than their ‘negro’ players. Unbelievable stuff!

You'd think Luis wouldn't have time to be pissing about on forums, he should have been getting on with training.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
The Barca forum has some very fine posters I reckon... ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
The Barca forum has some very fine posters I reckon... ;)

Some tepid feller I noticed

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Some tepid feller I noticed
Fucking thieves
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W