Author Topic: Battle of the Nations Draft II - Discussion, Shit-talking, and Team Building  (Read 86889 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
He has until 4pm to get his ass online. Otherwise we'll move on to the next guy.

We've started now. There's no draft. Once everyone has their nation you build your team in the open eye in this thread, discussing players, bemoaning lacking positions, asking for help, posting formations etc and then other shit goes down at my wim....

Thoughts on Antonio Valencia from Colombia --- never really got his due since he was a red manc.... thoughts?

Also, Betty, can you confirm that you did not mention a few countries in your listings (Canada, Bolivia, other African countries etc...) Please advise..

And I just want to say... that I know you are looking to thrust a "have never picked in any draft" selected criterion --- so don't think you got all of us cornered (Samie yes - us no)...
« Last Edit: April 4, 2020, 04:10:20 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

Spoiler

[close]

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Thoughts on Antonio Valencia from Colombia --- never really got his due since he was a red manc.... thoughts?

Also, Betty, can you confirm that you did not mention a few countries in your listings (Canada, Bolivia, other African countries etc...) Please advise..

And I just want to say... that I know you are looking to thrust a "have never picked in any draft" selected criterion --- so don't think I you got all of us cornered (Samie yes - us no)...

1. You can do better.

2. etc was used to denote all other countries from those parts of the world. I can't possibly list them all.

3. I have no idea what you're talking about, which wouldn't be the first time  ;D  No-one knows what's going to happen, not even me.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Thoughts on Antonio Valencia --- never really got his due since he was a red manc.... thoughts?

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

And I just want to say... that I know you are looking to thrust a "have never picked in any draft" selected criterion --- so don't think I you got all of us cornered (Samie yes - us no)...

Is that the same Antonio Valencia as the one from Ecuador? ;D

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Number 4 please, Jeff.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just trying to get some shit started ---- who better than Valencia than to keep the momentum of shit talk...

And no one is buying the crazy eight strategy that you have no idea what will happen.....  You are born for this moment of torture...

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
1. You can do better.

2. etc was used to denote all other countries from those parts of the world. I can't possibly list them all.

3. I have no idea what you're talking about, which wouldn't be the first time  ;D  No-one knows what's going to happen, not even me.

Got him, BB, no problem...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Valencia was shit, is shit, has always been shit and he's from Ecuador.

Keep up Trend :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Valencia was shit, is shit, has always been shit and he's from Ecuador.

Keep up Trend :D

You are just mad because you still have to wait for your team... maybe another wildcard?  Maybe the Dutch....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got him, BB, no problem...

I guess this is not an Antonio Valencia appreciation thread....   :o :o
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Sorry for the delay. I almost set my kitchen on fire.

Number 4 please, Jeff.

You have drawn....

Spoiler
ENGERLAND

[close]
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Thank fuck, I was going to pick 4.

• Legacy Fan
Sorry for the delay. I almost set my kitchen on fire.

You have drawn....

Spoiler
ENGERLAND

[close]

What kind of a Frenchie are you when you can't cook?  ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Can I have number 4?

Oh wait, that's England, never mind.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
2 please Elizabeth
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Can I have number 4?

You want to swap with KL!?  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Thank fuck, I was going to pick 4.

You might regret saying that.

• Legacy Fan
You might regret saying that.

Possibly  ;D

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Seeing I picked Engerland...... then realising I've got Stevie Gerrard!

That'll do, Jeff  8)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
You want to swap with KL!?  ;D

ha ha he got a bum team.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
2 please Elizabeth

HIT ME WITH SOME SOUTH AMERICAN GOODNESS
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
ha ha he got a bum team.

I'm taking note of all of you being mean and adding you to my naughty list.

• Legacy Fan
ITS COMMINGGGGG HOMEEEEEEE

is it fuck :D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
2 please Elizabeth

You have drawn...

Spoiler
HOLLAND

[close]

• Legacy Fan
Fucking Claus

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
CLAUS GOING DOUBLE DUTCH!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
CLAUS GOING DOUBLE DUTCH!

Nothing changes there, then

• Legacy Fan
I don't want to hear no bitching from you Claus this time about being unlucky :D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Tubby up next. Pick a number -

2. Holland (Claus)
4. England (KingLuis)
7. Latin American African Asian Oceanic Alliance (Trend + VivaBobby)
8. Italy (Samie + Prof)
9. Argentina (Robbie Redmen)
14. Wildcard (Gerry Attrick)

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
I don't want to hear no bitching from you Claus this time about being unlucky :D

No I'll just bitch when I lose to some idiot like Samie's USA team in round 1!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I'll have 10 please, Mr Betts.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Samie has the glorious nation of Italy you ignoramus.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
What kind of a Frenchie are you when you can't cook?  ;D

A steak tartare man. The dirtbag.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Putting together a squad of 23 first. Decisions, decisions!

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Samie has the glorious nation of Italy you ignoramus.

Bottler nation

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm taking note of all of you being mean and adding you to my naughty list.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its' you who has the bottler nation bitch.  8)