Author Topic: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP  (Read 61968 times)

Offline redmen27

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #280 on: February 28, 2019, 02:49:26 pm »
Yeah,
The guys have been before correct turnstile etc I’m thinking it’s pot luck or (bad luck) but heard today that a set amount of cards are blocked before each game and checked then at the ticket office.  Phoned the Ticket Office and they have forwarded my details to the investigation team. Bloody brutal
If theres no one at the crossroads..... give er loads!!!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #281 on: February 28, 2019, 03:29:44 pm »
Yeah,
The guys have been before correct turnstile etc I’m thinking it’s pot luck or (bad luck) but heard today that a set amount of cards are blocked before each game and checked then at the ticket office.  Phoned the Ticket Office and they have forwarded my details to the investigation team. Bloody brutal
Never heard or seen that before, that is just asking for confusion

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: February 28, 2019, 03:40:52 pm »
Yeah,
can they do this legally, SOS/Tony Barrett definitely should be told about this as unless they have a reason to do this they would be on very shaky ground to do this (and as usual the club doing the completely wrong thing) and there is nothing on the T&C that says they can do this, especially as the majority will miss the start of the game who are kosher because of this

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2019, 03:44:26 pm »
Someone told him, must be true.

More likely is they've noticed multiple people sharing the fancard if they've been before.
cyas

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #284 on: February 28, 2019, 04:00:55 pm »
Never heard or seen that before, that is just asking for confusion

Think there was something mentioned on a thread here earlier in the season of this happening
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2019, 04:02:06 pm »
Think there was something mentioned on a thread here earlier in the season of this happening
Fair enough

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: February 28, 2019, 04:26:41 pm »
Someone told him, must be true.

More likely is they've noticed multiple people sharing the fancard if they've been before.
But how would they know if multiple people have used it? Baffles me how they go about things, meanwhile someone on here has reported the season tickets next to them being flogged for money every game and still nothing done about it....

There really needs to be some transparency as to what the agenda is here. If they communicated what was going on it would help massively. If they carry on with these appalling practices then what does that do for the exchange on here? This site and other groups have helped connect people with face value spares for years, helping loads who may not have obtained tickets at face value otherwise. It's getting to a point where people will be scared to give spares to other members on here or even to friends and family

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #287 on: February 28, 2019, 04:28:11 pm »

Season Ticket holders they could, but surely not members cards given that they will more than likely be sat in completely different seats, and even different stands each game.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: February 28, 2019, 04:50:37 pm »
It's getting to a point where people will be scared to give spares to other members on here or even to friends and family
yup, can see situations where someone has got their mate to get a ticket for them and their kid, one goes in and is fine and the other is stuck outside, good luck to the club if that happens

Season Ticket holders they could, but surely not members cards given that they will more than likely be sat in completely different seats, and even different stands each game.
unless they have the tech to scan the crowd and match faces to seats, was sat near one of the exits f the main stand, blatantly loads of people who’ve bought tickets off others asking where their seat is but to be fair to the steward she was sound with them and didn’t grass them up or anything

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 28, 2019, 05:10:17 pm »
But how would they know if multiple people have used it? Baffles me how they go about things, meanwhile someone on here has reported the season tickets next to them being flogged for money every game and still nothing done about it....

There really needs to be some transparency as to what the agenda is here. If they communicated what was going on it would help massively. If they carry on with these appalling practices then what does that do for the exchange on here? This site and other groups have helped connect people with face value spares for years, helping loads who may not have obtained tickets at face value otherwise. It's getting to a point where people will be scared to give spares to other members on here or even to friends and family

In the clubs opnion you shouldn’t be trading/selling on social media.  But it’s pot luck somone I know went to the Bayern game on someone’s card they got the card straight back as in it wasn’t taken when they went to thr ticket office cos the game wasn’t on the card

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #290 on: February 28, 2019, 05:16:20 pm »

True, true and true.

You got yours sorted yet Tony?
We are a team of one half.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #291 on: February 28, 2019, 08:50:36 pm »
Steward on our turnstile last night said they'd had orders from above to look at everyone's card as they went in, I assume to check it's not in the wrong sex as surely that's all they can tell from looking at a card in the queue? He was fuming about it, said it was a nightmare and causing real problems getting everyone in. We were late as it was due to massive queues at the TO getting our Munich tickets and got in just after KO and there were probably hundreds still outside around Kop turnstiles A and B alone. I noticed they were initially asking everyone to show their cards as they went past the stewards but by the time we got close they were barely looking as it was getting so late, what with having to check bags too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2019, 09:10:28 pm »
Steward on our turnstile last night said they'd had orders from above to look at everyone's card as they went in, I assume to check it's not in the wrong sex as surely that's all they can tell from looking at a card in the queue? He was fuming about it, said it was a nightmare and causing real problems getting everyone in. We were late as it was due to massive queues at the TO getting our Munich tickets and got in just after KO and there were probably hundreds still outside around Kop turnstiles A and B alone. I noticed they were initially asking everyone to show their cards as they went past the stewards but by the time we got close they were barely looking as it was getting so late, what with having to check bags too.
also that’ll cause a lot of safety issues with the crowds getting bigger and bottlenecks, as for the wrong sex if the card is in a Chinese name and the person who turns up with it is Indian there is one obvious one there

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2019, 09:16:32 pm »
also that’ll cause a lot of safety issues with the crowds getting bigger and bottlenecks, as for the wrong sex if the card is in a Chinese name and the person who turns up with it is Indian there is one obvious one there

Yep, good point on the names. And yeah, we actually commented on how calm everyone was under the circumstances. Once you can hear YNWA you'd expect a few people to start getting impatient but it was all good-natured. Only takes a few to start pushing though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: March 1, 2019, 05:55:12 am »

This confuses me as I was not asked to show mine, I defo would have challenged them on it as it is just a card (members card) doesn't show ticket info and therefore what are they checking.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: March 1, 2019, 08:12:00 am »

Opening a can of worms for discrimination there though, what if you have a British name, but look Indian/Chinese/different. Will you get challenged? There is no requirement to bring additional ID, so how can they and you proof its your card? They'll end up picking on all the foreign looking people.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #296 on: March 1, 2019, 08:21:35 am »
your title is noted on the card (some older ones might not have it noted) ie : Mr, Mrs or Miss so they would be checking gender in a first instance !

its obligatory on new cards to have the title !
« Last Edit: March 5, 2019, 10:32:52 am by ant »
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: March 1, 2019, 08:40:46 am »
your title is noted on the card ie : Mr, Mrs or Miss so they would be checking gender in a first instance !

A proper sticky wicket that will catch the club out if they’re not careful!

Be much better if they stopped playing at this and got properly serious about it. It’s all been said before but I’m bored so:

1) reduce 14 day return for members to same day- fine when paper tickets but no reason can’t use same system as STH nowadays
2) card holder pic on members card
3) three nominated card holders who can use your card for season
4) sort the touted seasies out
5) sort the holding 100 season tickets out

Then we’ll be a lot closer to a fairer system.

Rant done

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: March 1, 2019, 08:45:02 am »

Be much better if they stopped playing at this and got properly serious about it. It’s all been said before but I’m bored so:

1) reduce 14 day return for members to same day- fine when paper tickets but no reason can’t use same system as STH nowadays

Rant done

Yep.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: March 1, 2019, 10:29:17 am »
Anyone any problems at the game last night with members cards ? Gave my 2 cards to a family friend - wouldn’t activate at the turnstiles. Usual ticket office visit and took the cards from him as possible touting case. 😫😫 I didn’t even charge him for the tickets 😫😫 worst tout ever
# How do I go about getting them back ?

I've heard of a few people having  issues.

I would contact SOS for sure as they will help fight your case. The club usually won't walk over you if you do this.

Jamesmckenna@spiritofshankly.com

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: March 1, 2019, 12:03:43 pm »

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: March 1, 2019, 12:10:23 pm »
The club have spoken

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/340039-fan-forum

Thoughts

500 envelopes with members cards in. Wow, I find it hard work sorting a couple of my mates never mind 500.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: March 1, 2019, 12:27:29 pm »
It's to stop people crowding the turnstyle and bunking in, fuck all to do with checking details/.  ::)
cyas

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #303 on: March 1, 2019, 12:28:35 pm »

Rant done

Allowing members to return is fine in theory but what happens with credits?  If original purchaser keeps the credit and then the secondary purchaser also gets a credit you could potentially double the number of members with credits making tickets harder to come by for everyone.  There are no easy answers for this at all, every point seems to have an issue for someone associated with it

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: March 1, 2019, 12:29:21 pm »
Allowing members to return is fine in theory but what happens with credits?  If original purchaser keeps the credit and then the secondary purchaser also gets a credit you could potentially double the number of members with credits making tickets harder to come by for everyone.  There are no easy answers for this at all, every point seems to have an issue for someone associated with it
If you return the ticket why would you get the credit.
cyas

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #305 on: March 1, 2019, 12:33:03 pm »

People don't want to lose credits hence them passing on to mates which is causing some of these issues - returning to the club sounds great but not sure how many would if it resulted in losing a credit.  If you had been to all Champions League games for three years why would you sell one back to the club if it meant you couldn't get sorted next season?

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: March 1, 2019, 12:35:10 pm »
People don't want to lose credits hence them passing on to mates which is causing some of these issues - returning to the club sounds great but not sure how many would if it resulted in losing a credit.  If you had been to all Champions League games for three years why would you sell one back to the club if it meant you couldn't get sorted next season?
Tough shit. Something has to be done about credit hunting.
cyas

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #307 on: March 1, 2019, 12:39:43 pm »

And then we are exactly in the situation we are in now.  Tough shit is probably the way things will go but I know I wouldn't return a ticket if I lost my credit as I've had a near full set of home games for years.  I just don't think returning membership tickets will become a popular option.  They need to find a way that you can pass to people when you have legitimate reasons

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: March 1, 2019, 12:41:44 pm »

Yes spot on. Dont go. No credit.

Club could even go one step further. If you don’t go twice a season after purchasing you lose the credit or similar

Stop the credit hunting quite soon I’d think

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: March 1, 2019, 12:43:39 pm »
And then we are exactly in the situation we are in now.  Tough shit is probably the way things will go but I know I wouldn't return a ticket if I lost my credit as I've had a near full set of home games for years.  I just don't think returning membership tickets will become a popular option.  They need to find a way that you can pass to people when you have legitimate reasons

I don’t understand this. Having 19 homes gets you no advantage to having 14 homes so why not return the ticket and let someone else go?

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #310 on: March 1, 2019, 12:44:33 pm »
I don’t understand this. Having 19 homes gets you no advantage to having 14 homes so why not return the ticket and let someone else go?

I agree regarding a league game but not with a cup

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: March 1, 2019, 12:54:35 pm »
I agree regarding a league game but not with a cup

Fair comment. Proper tricky the cups to sort

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #312 on: March 1, 2019, 12:57:33 pm »
Fair comment. Proper tricky the cups to sort

The whole thing needs looking at again, its a mess.  I had an empty seat next to me for Munich, my Dad was in hospital and after reading the stories on here about cards being checked me and my mum just went and left his seat empty rather than taking a risk taking someone else which really shouldn't have happened.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #313 on: March 1, 2019, 01:13:51 pm »
The club have spoken

Thoughts
Assuming that the person who they caught had 500 envelopes to sell has 13+ credits on all of them, that is 10% of all tickets available for the 13+ sale.
10% for one person.
And that is also assuming that each envelope only had one card in as some could have contained more.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2019, 01:16:04 pm by hawkwind »

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #314 on: March 1, 2019, 01:23:12 pm »
Assuming that the person who they caught had 500 envelopes to sell has 13+ credits on all of them, that is 10% of all tickets available for the 13+ sale.
10% for one person.
And that is also assuming that each envelope only had one card in as some could have contained more.
/
It says the individual was banned, what happened to the 500 tickets? Can't recall any match this season where there was large numbers of empty seats. I know they will have been spread around the ground but surely that amount would have been noticed?

You would also have thought that all the 500 accounts would have been suspended, no mention of that either.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: March 1, 2019, 01:36:31 pm »
Opening a can of worms for discrimination there though, what if you have a British name, but look Indian/Chinese/different. Will you get challenged? There is no requirement to bring additional ID, so how can they and you proof its your card? They'll end up picking on all the foreign looking people.
fair point but even if they just note the number and put it in their ‘potential’ list whilst letting them watch the game

The club have spoken

Thoughts
”touting crack houses”, this is something they could have identified ages ago?? Hope they monitor this, not that difficult to be honest

dont moan about empty seats then
« Last Edit: March 1, 2019, 01:40:59 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #316 on: March 1, 2019, 01:39:18 pm »
your title is noted on the card ie : Mr, Mrs or Miss so they would be checking gender in a first instance !
Not everyone has their title on their card - depends if you have ever out it in - my mate doesn't

The fella asked to see my card so I held it up quickly but it was upside down and too far away for him to read. I must just look like a regular :D
We are a team of one half.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: March 1, 2019, 01:40:07 pm »
500 envelopes with members cards in. Wow, I find it hard work sorting a couple of my mates never mind 500.
on average they’re probably making at least double the face value so that’s an easy couple of grand

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: March 1, 2019, 01:42:29 pm »
on average they’re probably making at least double the face value so that’s an easy couple of grand

Re do the maths - £20k a match assuming £40 profit on each :o

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: March 1, 2019, 01:53:03 pm »
Re do the maths - £20k a match assuming £40 profit on each :o

Most of them would buy for 100 and sell for 120 to make a quick profit.   It would be interesting to know if the cards were real or fake also