Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 656994 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #12680 on: Yesterday at 09:12:24 pm »
No one in their right mind will buy them now, Mosh wants paying, MSP want paying, China want paying, 777 want paying, Stadium wants paying

Administration here we come

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12681 on: Yesterday at 09:15:01 pm »
No one in their right mind will buy them now, Mosh wants paying, MSP want paying, China want paying, 777 want paying, Stadium wants paying

Andy Bell needs paying, am I right?

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #12682 on: Yesterday at 09:16:09 pm »

I think the replies as to who needs paying is gonna be long :D

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #12683 on: Yesterday at 09:29:05 pm »
A Little Respect is needed.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12684 on: Yesterday at 09:32:04 pm »

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12685 on: Yesterday at 09:38:10 pm »

Ah, so we are now back to this!  ;D

Don't they then torch the place for the insurance money after they've bled it dry?  :-\

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12686 on: Yesterday at 10:33:57 pm »
777 scrounging around trying to find anyone to lend them money to buy Everton.

Moshiri scrounging around trying to find anyone to buy the club.

May as well go down to the club store in L1 and do a whip-around.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #12687 on: Yesterday at 11:58:26 pm »
Ashley Young surely has to retire at the end of the season. Every time I see him play he's late to tackles or making mistakes and today is a prime example of that

He's nearly 40!
Not often a player gives away 3 penalties in the same game
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #12688 on: Today at 12:12:06 am »
At what point does shit hit the fan for these? It feels like over a year of them being “financially fucked” but they still survive on both on and off the pitch. Not financially clued up so genuinely asking is there a specific point in time that would tip them over the edge?

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #12689 on: Today at 12:37:14 am »
At what point does shit hit the fan for these? It feels like over a year of them being “financially fucked” but they still survive on both on and off the pitch. Not financially clued up so genuinely asking is there a specific point in time that would tip them over the edge?

I think it’s only by the grace of god and the PL that it hasn’t gone tits up yet because of how cataclysmically fucked their situation is. It’s a house of cards, because once they go into Admininstration creditors get cents to the dollar and I don’t think anyone who has loaned them want to take the hit so they are all hoping and praying some saviour will come rescue them. Their biggest issue at the moment isn’t so much administration, it’s liquidation which could genuinely mean that creditors could get even less than they would get under Administration.

Will all come crashing down once someone decides enough is enough, and I think the tipping point will be when the creditors realise that there is no alternative.

That is my read of it anyway

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12690 on: Today at 01:32:18 pm »
If a business is taking in less than it earns then only someone wishing to lose money will take it on. Yes, someone can come in a make some instant cash by selling assets (their saleable players) but that may make the income stream go down despite some short term cash inflow and some cost reductions (minor).

Everton are not a going concern and the only reasons for taking them on would be;

1. You can carry the losses
2. You think you can turn them around without breaking FFP
3. You are nuts or have ulterior motives (money laundering, sportswashing, mental illness)

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12691 on: Today at 02:13:41 pm »

It's a lot longer than a year. Everton have made an operating loss for nearly 10 years straight (they made a £5m profit in 2014 after a loss in 2013). Back then quite  afew on here were predicting future problems financially for Everton (myself included) based on the age of the squad, the growing costs of being competitive, the decrepit ground that needed replacing and the fact the club had nop growtrh factor in their revenue beyond rising broadcasting income. The reason Moshiri became involved was a tacit admission that Everton needed a new direction, in particular gaining access to funding to build a new stadium.

At the time Everton looked at a number of options and eventually chose the most complex and costly route, largely because Moshiri promised easy money (Usmanov, apparently) and the city council were offering to fund a huge lump of the stadium on the cheap. Since then the council money and Usmanov money have not materialised. Instead Moshiri loaded the club with debt, using his loaned money to buy out club shares and then taking that money as chairman and spending it on players. To cover that model they renamed that money as 'equity' but ultimately it was owed by the club to Moshiri. Now, it is Moshiri's money (though some would suggest it is usmanov), but it was never a gift, that's the crucial bit.

When the war in the Ukraine started a lot of people complained that Everton had been hard done by, losing a crucial income stream. However, the deep borrowing at high fin ancial risk had started long before then, as Moshiri had failed to get cheap income and instead borrowed at high rates to start stadium construction, but without all the money required in place.

There were a number of points where Everton could have given up the difficult and expensive BMD option, but chose to risk it and go ahead instead. At each stage they have doubled down instead of easing off. Think of a car careening out of control where the owner accelrates instead of braking, trying to drive out of the spin. However, they have painted themselves into a corner and made the situation worse and worse. At this point they need non-business money (as only idiots would invest in a billion pound loss-making exercise where 4 different lenders have 4 different controls in place and one bad season would wipe out your investment), i.e. petrodollars. The problem there is that Everton have been available for takeover for quite a while and nobody with silly money has looked even remotely interested.

The word last month was the money had run out and a takeover had to occur or the jig was up. That does not appear to have been the case, but losing an estimated £20m a month on wages, salaries and interest is not sustainable. The crunch has to come soon, possibly before the season, likely over the summer. Either the great escape is realised twice 9pitch and board room) or they blow up spectacularly.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12692 on: Today at 02:29:30 pm »
I'm telling ya, they are trying to get to the end of the PL season so the administration points don't come off this years total. I bet if they get 10 points clear they go early (we need to stop them by beating them wednesday)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12693 on: Today at 02:40:12 pm »
I'm telling ya, they are trying to get to the end of the PL season so the administration points don't come off this years total. I bet if they get 10 points clear they go early (we need to stop them by beating them wednesday)
They're already past that window as it was some time in March.  If they go into administration now the penalties will be applied next season*.

They may still be planning for administration though but not wanting to announce it now so as not to demoralise their players for the last few games.

My view is that they're just a basket case and such Machiavellian planning is beyond Moshi.

Edit: *the deadline was the fourth Sunday in March for the points to be deducted in the current season but only if the club was relegated anyway.  If the club has not been relegated at the end of the season then the points are deducted from the current season.  I don't see Everton getting sufficiently clear of the chasing pack to take the points hit this season.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:17:47 pm by thaddeus »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12694 on: Today at 03:04:58 pm »
Everton are in hoc for at least a billion quid. The club isn't worth that much. Their outgoings outstrip their income; they're having to borrow money just to keep the lights on. Everything is mortgaged.

If it's true that they could go into administration now and not face the points deduction this season, then I imagine the only reasons they have not is the optics. Imagine a club being relegated, knowing the team that survives at your expense by maybe five points will start next season on at least -10? On top of that, it pretty much guarantees that everyone Everton owes money to is going to end up out of pocket.

I hope the appeals panel decides to move the 2 point deduction to next season. It's not going to make a difference to their survival chances this year, but might do next year. And Everton are the ones bleating about being punished twice in one season.

Over the past seven years, Everton's outlook as become increasingly short term, to the point they're just staring at their shoes now. They can't see beyond just getting to the end of the season and hoping they get bailed out by a miracle.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12695 on: Today at 03:41:46 pm »
Not sure how trustworthy Myers is, but apparently 777 have given them another laon (now up to £200m owed to 777)

https://twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/1782778837958262911
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12696 on: Today at 04:39:04 pm »
Not sure how trustworthy Myers is, but apparently 777 have given them another laon (now up to £200m owed to 777)

https://twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/1782778837958262911
He seems quite reliable for Everton news so I'd say this is accurate.  How long can they go on borrowing for?

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12697 on: Today at 04:52:22 pm »
I don't think there's really a plan beyond scraping by for as long as possible in the hopes that a deal materialises before it all falls to pieces.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12698 on: Today at 05:47:23 pm »

Think that sort of thing got stopped Leeds did that last game of a season once when 3 points behind and way behind on GD so decided to take the hit as they knew they were going anyway.

Although that was in the championship down to league one.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12699 on: Today at 06:01:39 pm »
He seems quite reliable for Everton news so I'd say this is accurate.  How long can they go on borrowing for?

Until nobody is prepared to lend them money anymore.

If they go into administration, then not only do they get a 10 point deduction, but whoever the administrators are will immediately look to trim the wage bill and raise capital through player sales. They will likely end up selling Beto before they've even paid any money for him. :lmao

Their squad will be in pieces by the start of next season. Their only hope is that administration can balance their books before they go down, because the EFL will rip them to pieces over finance violations.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art