Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1407217 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #16560 on: May 12, 2019, 05:05:48 pm »
it only happens to us.....l if they’d needed to win 21 in a row it just would happen...... we can’t catch a break in the league!!!

Just say it. We are cursed.

I mean anyone thinks that we are cursed is a fucking idiot.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16561 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:18 pm »
I AM SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM.

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16562 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:25 pm »
Gary Neville can fucking die as well the c*nt.

What did he say?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #16563 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:26 pm »
Anyone that says 'congratulations to City' or 'fair play', or 'credit where its due' seems to forget they are the Lance Armstrong of football.
If it was anyone other than Abu Dhabi or maybe Chelsea they would deserve all the plaudits. I give credit where it is due and always will do, but Abu Dhabi will get home from me. Their team and players are magnificent, but the whole project is fraudulent and corrupt. Rathe than being congratulated, they should ultimately be stripped of all their trophies like all cheats have been in other sports.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16564 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:47 pm »

Why are you here saying "I told you so" have you got nothing better to do?
He’s not saying he told you so........ he like many are fucked off with being called bed wetters when they say something they truly believe.
There are half empty and half fall people in the world...... it was not improbable to think we had thrown a good chance away with those draws........ at the time many thought Manchester City would drop points...... well they didn’t!

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #16565 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:59 pm »
The cheats win. Next season we'll need to be near perfect, but we can do it.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #16566 on: May 12, 2019, 05:08:10 pm »
Brilliant season and can't fault the lads. No one saw City winning 14 in a row.

Looking back at a WHAT IF situation, the game at Old Trafford stands out, where maybe we should have pushed harder in the second half for a win. United only kept 2 clean sheets at Old Trafford all season...against Palace and Us :(

We were very unlucky with the timing of our trips to Bridge, Emirates and OT. We played all of them when they were at the peak of their season and top form...

it doesn't feel as bad seeing we have the CL final to look forward to, and it doesn't feel like a fluke season, so I'm sure we'll be challenging again next year.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16567 on: May 12, 2019, 05:08:35 pm »
Are you new to RAWK? ;D

We'll need to reach the same levels again next season to be in with a chance. We can do it, but the margin for error is painfully small.
It's the same for City. I don't know why the narrative seems to be "can Liverpool do it again next season?"

The same question should be asked for City. To beat us next season they will likely have to put in a massive points total again, for the 3rd year running. That's not an easy thing to do.

We need to just keep in the hunt for the next few years, and it will come.

Offline Hawk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #16568 on: May 12, 2019, 05:08:59 pm »
Fair play to City, or is that financial fair play? It seems cheats do prosper. However, how great have we been this season? F*ck everyone else.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16569 on: May 12, 2019, 05:09:29 pm »

We will, this is no one off.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #16570 on: May 12, 2019, 05:09:58 pm »
I still say that Iheanacho miss looked bent.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16571 on: May 12, 2019, 05:09:58 pm »
Gary Neville can fucking die as well the c*nt.

Gary Lad - We're going to Madrid, 31 points difference between us and United, 6th place,Thursday nights in Minsk, better points tally than United have ever won, Cardiff..   Suck on those lemons you inbred rat.  :wave

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16572 on: May 12, 2019, 05:10:05 pm »
Fucking wounded, 11mm away from winning the title.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #16573 on: May 12, 2019, 05:10:22 pm »
He’s not saying he told you so........ he like many are fucked off with being called bed wetters when they say something they truly believe.
There are half empty and half fall people in the world...... it was not improbable to think we had thrown a good chance away with those draws........ at the time many thought Manchester City would drop points...... well they didn’t!
If people continue to wet the bed next year, I'll continue to call them bed wetters. It's as simple as that.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #16574 on: May 12, 2019, 05:10:55 pm »
I've come to terms with this a long time ago so I'm good. Proud of the boys, they've been super all season.

June 1st, we can end the season with a trophy, let's fucking do it.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16575 on: May 12, 2019, 05:11:06 pm »
When's the investigation into City's rule breaches?

I'm joking obviously.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16576 on: May 12, 2019, 05:11:15 pm »
Disappointing but we go again next season. Small matter of a champions league final to prepare for now so it’s not all bad!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16577 on: May 12, 2019, 05:11:26 pm »
If people continue to wet the bed next year, I'll continue to call them bed wetters. It's as simple as that.

Exactly! I get some are more negative, but there's nothing to be negative about with this team, we aren't scraping into fourth place.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16578 on: May 12, 2019, 05:11:42 pm »
Fucking proud of the lot of them

Money has won...

Looking forward to the Champions League

Spurs were wank against Everton
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #16579 on: May 12, 2019, 05:12:06 pm »
I don't think we'll necessarily 'twat' them, but I absolutely do think we can squeeze a few more per cent out of our performance, heck maybe even break 100 points - and I do agree that it's incredibly unlikely that all of Aguero, Silva and Kompany can replicate their performances this season, and even with City's money that's a very, very difficult trio to seamlessly replace in one summer. Will that stop City being incredibly good? No, very doubtful, but it could cost them a few per cent over the course of the season. That would be enough to swing it from them to us.

Those 3 have been the cornerstone of their success for years, plus Fernandinho who is 34. They have lots of other squad talent, but its those older players who have led by example and pulled them to victory time and again.

Like you say, its small margins, and luckily for us that's exactly the environment that Klopp thrives in.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16580 on: May 12, 2019, 05:12:44 pm »

This is just silly. There was another 70 minutes of the game left. Football doesn't work like that.

We could work it the other way. Mahrez missing a penalty made it this close.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #16581 on: May 12, 2019, 05:13:44 pm »

Can’t stand this vibe it’s nonsense to be honest. Either team could point to a huge number of moments that could change the result.
We had an incredible season - City were fractionally better... 2nd is rough.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #16582 on: May 12, 2019, 05:14:46 pm »
It's the same for City. I don't know why the narrative seems to be "can Liverpool do it again next season?"

The same question should be asked for City. To beat us next season they will likely have to put in a massive points total again, for the 3rd year running. That's not an easy thing to do.

City have already proven they can do it again. Now we need to do the same.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16583 on: May 12, 2019, 05:15:03 pm »
No point in being bitter and small time about it. Leave that for fans of City (chanting about us as they won the league), Everton and those that sadly lost to Cardiff today (plus the assorted other bitter anti-Liverpool c*nts).

Congratulations City. A great side with a great manager, whatever you think about the ethics behind it. If we’re better than anything in Spain, so are they and that’s what we’re up against.

We are a great side and this team is not built on sand like our previous title challenges. In August we go again. Let’s just win 38 games next time and we might get over the line ;)

We have a final to look forward to now. Let’s bring it home.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16584 on: May 12, 2019, 05:15:09 pm »
This is just silly. There was another 70 minutes of the game left. Football doesn't work like that.

We could work it the other way. Mahrez missing a penalty made it this close.
For me it's the Leicester game but fuck it, it's overand done with. Next season we go twice as hard at these cheating twats and bring home big ears in three weeks time, a trophy that these lot will never lift.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16585 on: May 12, 2019, 05:16:01 pm »
Tuesday gave me renewed hope but knew it would be a tough ask on the last day against Brighton.

Fair play, they had a go and for a minute or so was exciting but city are too good for them.

Realistically we did as much as can be expected . 97 points is an unbelievable haul that other clubs can dream about. Only this city team has done it twice.

The draws didn’t cost us, you get the odd bum result in a season. We either lost it because we couldn’t beat city in the head to heads or...  the other clubs, especially the other top 6, really fell short in giving it a go against city.

The table shows how far we and city were from everyone else. So many teams just gave up trying to play city and hoping to contain them. In hindsight too I think if city were still in Europe it would have affected them, but you can’t win them all and we will have to console ourselves with number 6 instead of number 19.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #16586 on: May 12, 2019, 05:16:03 pm »
Gutted, bring on June 1st, time to recover and get everyone fit to bring home Number 6.

Next year? We go again and see what happens.

#YNWA

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #16587 on: May 12, 2019, 05:16:04 pm »
Disappointed to say the least - but

I just want to say how proud I am of this team! Yes, Man City may have moved the goalposts (and you will have your own theories as to how/why this is) but this team has scored more than any Liverpool in history and, to refer to one of the locked posts that I cannot quote, we have moved from the Fiesta through the Mondeo and the Mercedes - we are now a Rolls Royce!

Y
N
W
A
:scarf

you deserve a huge pat on the back.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16588 on: May 12, 2019, 05:16:29 pm »
We did our bit. What a bunch of lads.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16589 on: May 12, 2019, 05:16:39 pm »
Can’t stand this vibe it’s nonsense to be honest. Either team could point to a huge number of moments that could change the result.

Exactly.

I’ve said it countless times but I’m just so happy we’re in a European Cup Final. For me it massively takes the sting out of this.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16590 on: May 12, 2019, 05:16:52 pm »
I would have been absolutely devastated if we didn't have the CL final coming up, but we do. Tuesday morning i was absolutely crushed after that Iheanacho miss. 24 hours later, the title could get stuffed in all honesty.

We have a chance to win the European Cup. The league will come in Klopp's time here. Whether it's in a year's time, 3 years or 5 years, we'll be alright as long as he's the boss.

And he's going to be here for a very long time :D

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16591 on: May 12, 2019, 05:16:57 pm »

They're a great team, one of the best ever but they were assembled thanks to blatant disregard for FFP.

There was one set of rules for everyone else and another for them.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16592 on: May 12, 2019, 05:17:48 pm »
City have already proven they can do it again. Now we need to do the same.
They have peaked, their squad can't get much better.

Lots of room for improvement in our squad. We're only going to get better.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16593 on: May 12, 2019, 05:20:11 pm »
Thank god we have a European Cup final coming up. This team deserve a trophy this season. Up the reds!
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16594 on: May 12, 2019, 05:20:23 pm »
You would hope City will be knackered next season. They've used the same 20 fucking players all year and I think all except Mahrez were in the squad playing every game last year too. Such is Guardiola's way of doing things that the only youth player he's ever gone with is Phil Foden so he's been using the same 19 internationals for every single game for 2 years now. Surely there's no way they can keep these levels in up for another season?

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
« Reply #16595 on: May 12, 2019, 05:20:54 pm »
Proud of this team, what a performance over 38 gameweeks. Fair play to Man Citys manager and players, what an unbelievable side of footballers. Man City as a club and fanbase can fuck right off.
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #16596 on: May 12, 2019, 05:21:16 pm »

Of course their squad can get better when you have the kind of spending power they do.  Their recruitment has been pretty solid under Guardiola, but he does have some key, ageing players to replace now and there's murmurs of discontent with Sane, Mahrez, etc.  But they'll spend their way out of it being an issue, same as always.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16597 on: May 12, 2019, 05:21:34 pm »

Yep. Kompany is still their best defender. Silva has been dog shit for month, he is old as fuck. Fernandinho is old as fuck. Aguero got lucky but he will get injured.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16598 on: May 12, 2019, 05:22:04 pm »
Trying to pick out a moment, a result or set of results as being where we missed out is for the birds.  We are where we are. Nothing will change it, there’s not a huge number of lessons to take from this season, we were just on the wrong end of it.

We reinforce, we go again, and we make the c*nts work as hard, if not more to stay with or ahead of us and see what happens. It hurts now, but every time we come so near to be so far, every bit of frustration now will explode in us when we do finally get over the line. No side will ever celebrate a league win like this club will when it finally comes.

In the mean time there’s a European Cup to win which is the very least these boys deserve.

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
« Reply #16599 on: May 12, 2019, 05:22:11 pm »

While I'd like to believe that's true, word is they're already going all in for that Sporting-lad Bruno Fernandes. They will get better, as will we. Can see a very high tally of points for both clubs in the coming years.
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.