Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4157497 times)

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #63960 on: September 23, 2020, 10:16:53 pm »
Might be tight first few rounds but I expect Usyk to school him after that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63961 on: September 24, 2020, 12:23:05 pm »
Kalle Sauerland eyeing up a  Heavyweight World Super Series boxing tournament next year. With the winner facing the whoever wins between Joshua v Fury.  An example he gave is

They're also eyeing up a Light Heavyweight series as well as a female Welterweight series too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:25:31 pm by Samie »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63962 on: September 24, 2020, 12:45:51 pm »
Replace Dillian Whyte. He is a PPV fighter in his own right, amazingly. Great idea though
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:51:57 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #63963 on: September 24, 2020, 12:51:45 pm »
I think Chisora & Usyk will be a good fight while it lasts. Going with Usyk by stoppage in the second half of the fight.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:57:35 pm by Alf »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63964 on: September 24, 2020, 02:09:11 pm »
Kalle Sauerland eyeing up a  Heavyweight World Super Series boxing tournament next year. With the winner facing the whoever wins between Joshua v Fury.  An example he gave is

They're also eyeing up a Light Heavyweight series as well as a female Welterweight series too.

Ha ha trying to do over Whyte again...

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63965 on: September 24, 2020, 02:32:34 pm »

Never realised how much Daniel Dubois looks like a Football Manager regen ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63966 on: September 24, 2020, 02:55:37 pm »
Ha ha trying to do over Whyte again...

Whyte did himself over by getting ko'd by Povetkin

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63967 on: September 24, 2020, 02:57:46 pm »
Whyte could be involved if they go ahead with it lads. That was just a mock up.

A HW super series has been tough to negotiate. I remember there was ideas to have one back in 2017.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63968 on: September 24, 2020, 03:02:47 pm »
I think this goes ahead if all the boards agree to release their mandatories to open up the chance for AJ/Fury to take all the belts, then to fight the winner.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63969 on: September 24, 2020, 04:06:15 pm »
great idea, too bad Al Haymon won't allow Ruiz and Ortiz to enter it! I don't recall any PBC fighter entering the WBSS. Perhaps replace them with Hrgovic and Joyce.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63970 on: September 24, 2020, 04:15:57 pm »
I think this goes ahead if all the boards agree to release their mandatories to open up the chance for AJ/Fury to take all the belts, then to fight the winner.

I think that if AJ or Fury do manage to unify the belts, they won't last long.  They'll be scattered amongst the mandatories and interims and probably the winner of any tournament like this (aka Usyk) will end up with a couple of them.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #63971 on: September 24, 2020, 04:41:04 pm »
I think that if AJ or Fury do manage to unify the belts, they won't last long.  They'll be scattered amongst the mandatories and interims and probably the winner of any tournament like this (aka Usyk) will end up with a couple of them.
It’s ridiculous really. Having an undisputed champion should be the ultimate goal, but it’s the last thing the organisations want as it means less money for the gravy train
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63972 on: September 24, 2020, 05:07:12 pm »

Oh they won't. They'll have them for the rematch and probably one mandatory fight after that, probably the winner of the super series if it goes ahead, then they'll be stripped of most of them for the $$$$$$$$$$

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63973 on: September 24, 2020, 06:37:25 pm »
Oh they won't. They'll have them for the rematch and probably one mandatory fight after that, probably the winner of the super series if it goes ahead, then they'll be stripped of most of them for the $$$$$$$$$$

If there's a rematch they'll have to drop one of the belts, can't remember which it is, but one of the orgs doesn't recognise rematches. Whichever one Fury flushed down the toilet when he got stripped.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63974 on: September 25, 2020, 11:37:07 pm »

Conor McGregor 'boxing Manny Pacquiao next' in Middle East. McGregor says he's fighting Manny.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1309618609329668096

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #63975 on: September 25, 2020, 11:54:15 pm »
Conor McGregor 'boxing Manny Pacquiao next' in Middle East. McGregor says he's fighting Manny.

I am still waiting for you to announce Brook versus Khan Adam.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63976 on: September 25, 2020, 11:58:02 pm »
 ;D

Fordy would be torn. Don;t want him to become unwell from all the pressure Al.

As for the circus fight, Well unless he want's to be KO'd in a much worse fashion, Connor better shut up.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63977 on: September 26, 2020, 12:24:36 am »
I am still waiting for you to announce Brook versus Khan Adam.

Brook going for bigger fish now.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63978 on: September 26, 2020, 07:24:21 am »

Hopefully the bookies will be giving away free money again like when he fought Floyd.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #63979 on: September 26, 2020, 05:33:17 pm »
Hopefully the bookies will be giving away free money again like when he fought Floyd.
Manny doesn't have it in him to take a few rounds off and carry McGregor like Floyd did. I can see him just getting to work and busting up McGregor, giving little value for money barring among those of us who want to see McGregor battered  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63980 on: September 26, 2020, 05:51:44 pm »
https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/765248/uk-tv-vasyl-lomachenko-vs-teofimo-lopez-terence-crawford-vs-kell-brook/

Bob Arum laying into Eddie Hearn basically saying Sky puts up any crap he offers up but currently neither Sky or BT or any other UK broadcaster is showing the Lomachenko v Lopez fight on October 17th.

This sensational lightweight unification bout is arguably the most highly anticipated bout for boxing fans at present.

However, Arum told iFL TV: “I don’t think any of the television networks in the UK have bothered to buy that fight.

“Where’s Sky and where’s BT and where’s ITV? If it’s such a great fight, how come nobody’s bought it?”

When asked if there is any interest whatsoever, he replied: “None. N-O-N-E, none. What does that tell you about the state of the sport?
“Meanwhile every bit of Eddie’s junk goes on Sky and they make the poor fans in the UK shell out money to watch all of this stuff.

“Usyk and Chisora, in which world is that a pay-per-view fight? The networks in the UK are just taking money from the boxing fans and they’re not giving back.

“A fight like Usyk and Chisora – which may well end up to be a good fight – that should be free on television.

“A television network that is doing boxing should buy a Lomachenko vs Lopez fight, which is a classic lightweight championship for all four belts.

Also said that Terence Crawford v Kell Brook is being finalised for  November 14th.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63981 on: September 26, 2020, 06:58:42 pm »
https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/765248/uk-tv-vasyl-lomachenko-vs-teofimo-lopez-terence-crawford-vs-kell-brook/

Bob Arum laying into Eddie Hearn basically saying Sky puts up any crap he offers up but currently neither Sky or BT or any other UK broadcaster is showing the Lomachenko v Lopez fight on October 17th.

Also said that Terence Crawford v Kell Brook is being finalised for  November 14th.
I was certain that the Loma fight would be on here; disgraceful if not!  :no

I do worry for Fordy, and also for Kell  ;D Crawford inside six rounds for me.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63982 on: September 26, 2020, 07:00:50 pm »
I think someone will eventually buy it mate, I hope they do.  This for the Undisputed Lightweight Championship.

If not well  there's always some dodgy streams.   ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63983 on: September 26, 2020, 07:04:07 pm »
I think someone will eventually buy it mate, I hope they do.  This for the Undisputed Lightweight Championship.

If not well  there's always some dodgy streams.   ;D
My Internet is shite so streams usually don't work!

What do you reckon about Brook? I think he is shot to shit and will get battered like he did against GGG. I believe it will end much sooner than most people think actually.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63984 on: September 26, 2020, 07:06:28 pm »
Aye, Crawford will beat him quite easily. Even Brook's ma would bet against him.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63985 on: September 26, 2020, 07:09:27 pm »
Aye, Crawford will beat him quite easily. Even Brook's ma Fordy would bet against him.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63986 on: September 26, 2020, 07:16:51 pm »

Nah, once Fordy loves that's it, he loves for long time.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63987 on: September 26, 2020, 09:49:56 pm »
Everyone's favourite Latvian on Sky in a bit.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63988 on: September 26, 2020, 10:34:52 pm »
Everyone's favourite Latvian on Sky in a bit.
🙂 I'm a big fan of Breidis. Good fight this. Two high quality operators.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63989 on: September 26, 2020, 10:36:44 pm »
🙂 I'm a big fan of Breidis. Good fight this. Two high quality operators.
It looks like a fake show to me :)

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63990 on: September 26, 2020, 10:42:30 pm »
It looks like a fake show to me :)
It's good boxing this IMO. Either one would have accounted for Bellew.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63991 on: September 26, 2020, 10:45:46 pm »
Bellew was in an era of monster Cruiserweight's. The only period of time since the Holyfield era where the division was more than semi decent.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63992 on: September 26, 2020, 10:47:06 pm »
Bellew was in an era of monster Cruiserweight's. The only period of time since the Holyfield era where the division was more than semi decent.

Yeah Bellew wouldn't have made it through the first round in that last WBSS they did.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63993 on: September 26, 2020, 10:50:32 pm »
He's a bitter mate. Probably thought he'd beat Usyk at that time never mind  this lot.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63994 on: September 26, 2020, 10:54:32 pm »
Which is why he avoided them all and fought Flores instead!🤣 He chose Haye instead of defending against Breidis. Smart move.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63995 on: September 26, 2020, 10:59:16 pm »
Yeah he couldn't get rid of that CW fast enough ;D

Good fight this but Breidis by a distance I think. Dorticos doesn't stop coming though does he.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63996 on: September 26, 2020, 11:01:53 pm »
In the Circus Fight news, Pacman's teams have confirmed McGregor's claims. Hope to fight next year.

Manny Pacquiao's coaching team say that he's in talks with Conor McGregor for a fight in 2021.

https://bbc.in/3419hyR

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63997 on: September 26, 2020, 11:03:47 pm »
Yeah he couldn't get rid of that CW fast enough ;D

Good fight this but Breidis by a distance I think. Dorticos doesn't stop coming though does he.
Briedis isn't doing much for the RAWK Latvian shouts is he?

IMO he's among the most underrated fighters in boxing. He's borderline elite. I had Usyk squeezing by but Breidis could easily have got that decision. He handled Dorticos comfortably tonight. Excellent standard fight.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63998 on: September 26, 2020, 11:05:29 pm »
114-114🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fuck me that's bent.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63999 on: September 26, 2020, 11:06:33 pm »
Briedis isn't doing much for the RAWK Latvian shouts is he?

IMO he's among the most underrated fighters in boxing. He's borderline elite. I had Usyk squeezing by but Breidis could easily have got that decision. He handled Dorticos comfortably tonight. Excellent standard fight.

Yeah we're going to have to find a new country where all these elections come from ;D

Dorticos is no mug and he handled him like you said. Don't think he'd have much luck up at HW but he's elite at CW for sure.

In the Circus Fight news, Pacman's teams have confirmed McGregor's claims. Hope to fight next year.

Manny Pacquiao's coaching team say that he's in talks with Conor McGregor for a fight in 2021.

https://bbc.in/3419hyR

Pacman is 8-1 on so the bookies have learned their lesson unfortunately.