Author Topic: Football commentator/pundits  (Read 49028 times)

Offline A Langheck

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Football commentator/pundits
« Reply #680 on: April 20, 2024, 02:39:01 pm »
And the one trying to say Joshua in some weird accent in the Bayern game and completely destroying it. "Ossuar" or something it came out like.

ESPN's Derek Rae would like a word with both of you.....They're not English players, so you don't pronounce them the English way.  The commentator is saying it correctly.....Stop being an ignoramus.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #681 on: April 20, 2024, 08:00:07 pm »
ESPN's Derek Rae would like a word with both of you.....They're not English players, so you don't pronounce them the English way.  The commentator is saying it correctly.....Stop being an ignoramus.

No need for the insults thanks.  :wave I'm sure we're all well aware the names aren't English and that's our exact point. We're discussing English pundits destroying names thinking they're being clever. No idea who the ESPN guy is but maybe he actually learned them and is pronouncing them correctly so good on him. The ones over here don't seem so bothered about that considering it's their actual job, some of them assume a half-arsed version of nonsense with a hammy accent for full Brit abroad effect will do.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2024, 07:35:35 pm »
What a fuckin disgrace that shitbag Ratboy c*nt Neville is asking for Claattenberg to resign on live television.  Here’s a better idea Gary, why don’t you resign you horrible opinionated c*nt and take some of your mates from PGMOL with you. 

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #683 on: April 21, 2024, 09:59:18 pm »
What a fuckin disgrace that shitbag Ratboy c*nt Neville is asking for Claattenberg to resign on live television.  Here’s a better idea Gary, why don’t you resign you horrible opinionated c*nt and take some of your mates from PGMOL with you. 

Speaking in that annoying, po-faced manner of his like his opinion is the only one that matters. Like his beloved Ferguson never questioned the integrity of the officials whenever it suited him.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #684 on: April 21, 2024, 11:17:47 pm »
Speaking in that annoying, po-faced manner of his like his opinion is the only one that matters.

That high-handed voice he does when he's making a Very Serious Point reminds me of Pauline from The League of Gentlemen.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #685 on: April 21, 2024, 11:26:31 pm »
Like his beloved Ferguson never questioned the integrity of the officials whenever it suited him.

Would have been great if someone reminded him of that on air

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #686 on: April 21, 2024, 11:30:13 pm »
That high-handed voice he does when he's making a Very Serious Point reminds me of Pauline from The League of Gentlemen.

:D

It’s how I imagine Big Brain Arteta speaks too.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2024, 12:02:13 am »
Carra and Neville have become like Punch & Judy these days.

They were good when they first began on Sky breaking down tactics and having in depth discussions about things that actually mattered.

Just a couple of shite cheerleaders now for the banter generation

Twats
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #688 on: April 22, 2024, 04:23:21 pm »
Carra and Neville have become like Punch & Judy these days.

Just a couple of shite cheerleaders now for the banter generation

Twats

Absolute the best description I've heard of them. Especially Carragher. Long gone are the days of actual discussion, it's just back and forth p*ss taking now. They went down the social media soundbite route a while ago and only getting worse.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Online Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #689 on: Yesterday at 08:20:34 pm »

I find Derek Rae well annoying with his Germanism shite and a little patronizing but hey Die Toten Hosen as they say in Dusseldorf !

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #690 on: Yesterday at 08:27:11 pm »

I find Derek Rae well annoying with his Germanism shite and a little patronizing but hey Die Toten Hosen as they say in Dusseldorf !
Me too. I speak fluent German, have done for years and his continued showing off (if that’s what it is?) is very irritating. My German mates and I could put up with his shite if didn’t over exaggerate so much. Just speak to your audience you c*nt.