Author Topic: 2019/20 TV Fixtures  (Read 94843 times)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2019/20 TV Fixtures - Release dates in 3rd post of the thread
« Reply #680 on: February 22, 2020, 10:53:09 am »
Is there any of the Saturday tv time slots that the Villa match cant be played lads? Is 19.45 a possibility? I booked flights yesterday for the Sunday without doing my homework and now realise this is nailed on for Saturday once we get over Atletico I have a 24 hour window to change my flights for no change fee thanks.

Yeah 19.45 is possible. Only one that isn't is 12.30. It would either swap with the 5.30 game or it would be 7.45.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #681 on: February 22, 2020, 11:20:27 am »
Yeah 19.45 is possible. Only one that isn't is 12.30. It would either swap with the 5.30 game or it would be 7.45.
Thanks for this Phil.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: February 22, 2020, 12:13:42 pm »
Surely the club won't be playing on the 14th anyway, so if we get through then they'll move the City game and we'll go Tuesday/Wednesday?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: February 22, 2020, 12:28:46 pm »
Surely the club won't be playing on the 14th anyway, so if we get through then they'll move the City game and we'll go Tuesday/Wednesday?

You mean the 15th?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #684 on: February 22, 2020, 12:29:24 pm »
the 15th you mean, basically guarantees the UCLQF to be Wednesday/Tuesday, unless they go Tuesday/Tuesday but Idk if they can do that

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2020, 12:45:02 pm »
Fuck, obviously you're right yeah.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #686 on: February 22, 2020, 06:11:37 pm »
There fucking crackers with these fixtures, this may balls up our last home game trophy lift now cos Palace may end up in the midweek after Chelsea cos of the clueless fuckwits putting Brighton on a Monday night when the whole thing will be a dead rubber by then anyway! I’d booked the 22nd April too off work expecting that could be Palace and now it’d more likely be Brighton away instead. So bloody annoying, why can’t they just do the logical things?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: February 22, 2020, 06:17:11 pm »
City lifted the trophy in their penultimate home game 2 years ago.

Online AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #688 on: February 22, 2020, 06:50:52 pm »
Wait.... so there is a chance Palace could be moved AFTER the Chelsea home game?

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2020, 06:55:24 pm »
What annoys me the most is that the Man City game won't be confirmed until the CL draw on the 20th March (unless both us and City go out which means confirmation will be on the 17th).  So thats 2 weeks before the game.     

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: February 22, 2020, 08:05:13 pm »
City lifted the trophy in their penultimate home game 2 years ago.

They did. But it has been widely reported that we will lift it at the Chelsea game regardless of when we confirm it.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: February 22, 2020, 08:12:15 pm »
They did. But it has been widely reported that we will lift it at the Chelsea game regardless of when we confirm it.

Yeah, and I’m saying that Chelsea could be the penultimate home game.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: February 22, 2020, 08:38:31 pm »
Yeah, and I’m saying that Chelsea could be the penultimate home game.

So in that case we'd lift it in the Palace game

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: February 22, 2020, 08:51:15 pm »
So in that case we'd lift it in the Palace game

Not based on what city did 2 years ago.

Offline momomo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #694 on: February 23, 2020, 11:36:48 pm »
Not based on what city did 2 years ago.

Yes, it seems that was exactly the same situation we might find ourselves in if Palace / Brighton gets moved. City were presented the trophy on what was originally scheduled to be their final home game of the season. They then had a fixture that had been postponed for cup commitments moved to the midweek between their last two games of the season.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: February 24, 2020, 09:40:20 am »
if games are moved and the last game becomes midweek personally id prefer to stick with the Chelsea weekend for collecting on trophy just seems better getting it on a sat/sunday rather Wednesday when the game wont be finishing till late anyway

Offline fintanmar

• Main Stander
« Reply #696 on: February 24, 2020, 10:27:38 am »
SKY won't want the presentation to be a midweek fixture

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #697 on: February 25, 2020, 05:56:50 pm »
Has anyone heard anything about the Palace game possibly being moved to thursday 19th March if we progress in the FA Cup? Someone mentioned it in another thread.. dunno if it was his idea or he had heard it was a possibility?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: February 25, 2020, 06:21:55 pm »
Has anyone heard anything about the Palace game possibly being moved to thursday 19th March if we progress in the FA Cup? Someone mentioned it in another thread.. dunno if it was his idea or he had heard it was a possibility?
wouldn’t think so when there’s free weeks in April and May for it

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #699 on: February 26, 2020, 08:35:35 am »

Still too early. If we pass chelsea and then get knocked out in the following round we could play crystal palace on the weekend of 18th april which is an FA cup weekend. If we get knocked out of the CL then we could play on one of the champions league nights in april.

Edit: sorry just seen brighton is a monday night game on 20th so if we get knocked out of the cup we can't schedule the palace game for that weekend. So depends how long we stay in europe for.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:37:44 am by RSoares21 »
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: February 26, 2020, 08:57:17 am »
It all depends on our progress in the Champions League and FA Cup.

The first midweek of April is an international break so that's that ruled out. Second and third midweeks are CL quarter finals. If we get past Atletico that's those gone as well.

The fourth midweek is possible if we get to the FA Cup semis and we play Saturday or Sunday. But that then means Brighton also needs rearranged. Or if we're out of the cup they bring the Brighton league game forward from the Monday to the Saturday or Sunday to allow a midweek game.

The last midweek in April and first midweek of May are the CL semis. So the only real free midweek is the last one of the season, between the Chelsea and Newcastle games and we might have two league games to squeeze in.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a contingency plan to play that Palace game on Thursday 19th March if we get past Chelsea.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: February 26, 2020, 09:07:09 am »
It all depends on our progress in the Champions League and FA Cup.

The first midweek of April is an international break so that's that ruled out. Second and third midweeks are CL quarter finals. If we get past Atletico that's those gone as well.

The fourth midweek is possible if we get to the FA Cup semis and we play Saturday or Sunday. But that then means Brighton also needs rearranged. Or if we're out of the cup they bring the Brighton league game forward from the Monday to the Saturday or Sunday to allow a midweek game.

The last midweek in April and first midweek of May are the CL semis. So the only real free midweek is the last one of the season, between the Chelsea and Newcastle games and we might have two league games to squeeze in.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a contingency plan to play that Palace game on Thursday 19th March if we get past Chelsea.
if we progress in the cup, there’s 2 non European weeks left in the season to play Brighton and Palace incase we are still in Europe so no reason for Palace to be that Thursday in March. Brighton is already provisional scheduled to move incase we get to FACSF

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: February 26, 2020, 09:11:39 am »
From a city POV:

Dear Supporter,

We have received communication from SKY Sports that our match against Liverpool will now be played on Sunday 5th April, 4:30pm kick-off. Hospitality will open from 2:00pm. Please note that dependent on both teams participation in the Champions League the game may move again back to Saturday 4th April, 5:30pm kick-off of which we will notify you if the game changes.

Your booking will be automatically transferred to the Sunday.

Thank you for your continued support!

Kind regards,

MCFC Hospitality

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: February 26, 2020, 09:24:12 am »
From a city POV:

Dear Supporter,

We have received communication from SKY Sports that our match against Liverpool will now be played on Sunday 5th April, 4:30pm kick-off. Hospitality will open from 2:00pm. Please note that dependent on both teams participation in the Champions League the game may move again back to Saturday 4th April, 5:30pm kick-off of which we will notify you if the game changes.

Kind regards,

MCFC Hospitality
Makes sense was never gonna be 12:30 as Villa Wovles isn’t set to move, at least it’s not 7:45 on Saturday

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: February 27, 2020, 02:08:57 pm »
From a city POV:

Dear Supporter,

Kind regards,

MCFC Hospitality
Think all the boozers will be praying for the half 5 kick off on the Saturday as its National Day

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: 2019/20 TV Fixtures
« Reply #705 on: February 28, 2020, 01:26:39 pm »
Just got my Election Count form. the counts are Thursday night and Saturday due to the Friday Bank Holiday. Not sure if I can do Saturday as we don't know when the Chelsea fixture will be. So I either apply for both and then maybe apologise about the Saturday if it's then or just go for one. Easy money but I don't like letting people down. :-\ And we won't know until April 3rd this thread says.

One of us MIGHT have a CL match the Wed before, then the mid week after is clear unless we have a postponed league game due to the FAC. I always picture our Chelsea fixtures being on a Sunday but the great Law of Sod being what it is....  :-\

decisions decisions...
We are a team of one half.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: February 28, 2020, 02:10:56 pm »
Just got my Election Count form. the counts are Thursday night and Saturday due to the Friday Bank Holiday. Not sure if I can do Saturday as we don't know when the Chelsea fixture will be. So I either apply for both and then maybe apologise about the Saturday if it's then or just go for one. Easy money but I don't like letting people down. :-\ And we won't know until April 3rd this thread says.

One of us MIGHT have a CL match the Wed before, then the mid week after is clear unless we have a postponed league game due to the FAC. I always picture our Chelsea fixtures being on a Sunday but the great Law of Sod being what it is....  :-\

decisions decisions...
we are likely to get the trophy so I’d say it’s 90% the Sunday, plus with no Europeans the week after there’s no risk of a UEFA game on the Tuesday so, EPL can just put any match on the Wednesday

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #707 on: February 28, 2020, 06:14:43 pm »
From a city POV:

Dear Supporter,

Kind regards,

MCFC Hospitality

Never got why this was moved to Sunday in the first place...us or city (or both) are still gonna be in the CL by the time this fixture comes..

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #708 on: February 28, 2020, 08:06:12 pm »
Never got why this was moved to Sunday in the first place...us or city (or both) are still gonna be in the CL by the time this fixture comes..

It seems a silly decision, just like when they scheduled us and Man Utd at Old Trafford on the Saturday when they knew we might be playing the CL on the Tuesday. Unless it's something to do with quota's.

Offline Elisha Scott

• Main Stander
« Reply #709 on: March 3, 2020, 09:26:25 pm »
Could I just confirm with you all that if Liverpool go out tonight the Brighton game will be played on 20th April as currently scheduled? TIA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: March 4, 2020, 04:57:14 pm »
Could I just confirm with you all that if Liverpool go out tonight the Brighton game will be played on 20th April as currently scheduled? TIA.

"Jürgen Klopp’s side’s visit to Brighton and Hove Albion is due to now be contested on Monday April 20, with kick-off 8pm. This is subject to further change depending on FA Cup participation."
YNWA.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #711 on: March 5, 2020, 03:51:32 pm »
Will the Villa game on the 12th be simply moved to Saturday night if we are still in CL?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: March 5, 2020, 04:17:28 pm »
Yeah, reckon it will be 19.30 that night. Both 12.30 and 17.30 slots already filled.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: March 5, 2020, 04:26:00 pm »
Yeah, reckon it will be 19.30 that night. Both 12.30 and 17.30 slots already filled.
United likely to be moved for UEL so 12:30 seems the most likely, if they went out and we go through then maybe 19:30 since both United and Spurs (although they could beat RBL) would be out of Europe so then those wouldn’t need to be moved because there’s no european fixtures for them directly

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: March 5, 2020, 04:26:15 pm »

They sometimes swap games. Think Spurs are the 5.30 which they could swap.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: March 5, 2020, 04:32:42 pm »
They sometimes swap games. Think Spurs are the 5.30 which they could swap.
more likely to be United at 12:30

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: March 5, 2020, 04:39:54 pm »

Yeah hadn't thought of this actually. United could be playing on the Sunday cos of the Europa League couldn't they.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: March 5, 2020, 04:48:54 pm »
Yeah hadn't thought of this actually. United could be playing on the Sunday cos of the Europa League couldn't they.
yeah tough tie against LASK mind so I’d assume 19:30 would be in play if them and spurs both go out

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #718 on: March 5, 2020, 05:23:19 pm »

If its potentially the day we win Sky wont want to loose out, 12.30 means they will, BT's slot!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: March 5, 2020, 08:38:23 pm »
If its potentially the day we win Sky wont want to loose out, 12.30 means they will, BT's slot!
not sure what else they can do other than either just take the game at 12:30 or goes to 19:45 with no 12:30 game at all