Poll

Please select the winner from the following match:

mikey vs
9 (47.4%)
Hazell
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 24, 2019, 10:36:29 pm

Author Topic: AFCON/Copa America Draft - Final  (Read 3803 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Re: AFCON/Copa America Draft - Final
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2019, 10:17:50 pm »
Pele? Is he the guy who had erectile dysfunction?

He never could quite finish.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-UzRsvCsC4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-UzRsvCsC4c</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-zUu_d877OI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-zUu_d877OI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lvqwhDUhkPA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lvqwhDUhkPA</a>
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2019, 10:20:20 pm »
He never could quite finish.

Quite

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/e4fzeK3SQa4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/e4fzeK3SQa4</a>

:P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2019, 10:26:13 pm »
How long is left, I hear you ask.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2019, 10:39:03 pm »
Unlucky mikey, close game...

Mikey? Mikey?

Oh, never mind, let's cross live to my post match celebrations in all their glory:

Well played though, could have gone either way mate :wave

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2019, 10:40:44 pm »
Top stuff fellas, now go get drafting again :D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2019, 10:44:05 pm »
Did anyone ever independently verify the drafting order or the draws for the group stages and knockouts?

The hollowest of victories if you ask me.

Fucking 8th in the order. :wanker

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2019, 10:45:52 pm »
Unlucky mikey, close game...

Mikey? Mikey?

Oh, never mind, let's cross live to my post match celebrations in all their glory:

Well played though, could have gone either way mate :wave

Congratulations. Well deserved win! I’ll see you in the Balkans for revenge.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2019, 10:46:46 pm »

Said Mrs Franz Ferdinand.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2019, 10:49:57 pm »

Cheers mate!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2019, 10:51:35 pm »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2019, 10:52:34 pm »

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2019, 10:57:37 pm »
Congratulations Hazell. Cheers and well played to everyone who took part too, that was a fun one.

I now know a tiny bit more about historical African footy than I did previously. Also found out that Cameroon have most of the best keepers from Africa, and that Theophile Abega was a genuine world class operator, who remains sadly underappreciated by the RAWK cognoscenti. His time will come.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2019, 11:03:48 pm »
Said Mrs Franz Ferdinand.

Hahaha. Unfortunately she died as well.

Ever read the description of the event on Wikipedia? Seems a comical set of events to set of such a big war:

“In 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand was invited by General Oskar Potiorek, Governor of the Austro-Hungarian province of Bosnia and Herzegovina, to watch troops on maneuvers for three days in Sarajevo, the provincial capital. Sophie was not usually allowed to accompany her husband on ceremonial visits because of her lower status, but on this occasion Franz Ferdinand was invited as a military commander rather than a royal personage.[6]:17 The archduke therefore arranged for Sophie to join him on 28 June, the third and final day, for a troop review followed by a visit to the city to dedicate a new museum before returning to Vienna. The date coincided with the 14th anniversary of their Oath of Renunciation and was a rare opportunity to celebrate in public together, although he knew that the visit would be dangerous.[citation needed] At 10:10 am of Sunday, 28 June 1914, when the procession passed the Sarajevo central police station, Nedeljko Čabrinović hurled a hand grenade at the archduke's car. The driver accelerated when he saw the object flying towards the car and the grenade exploded under the wheel of the next car. Two of the occupants, Eric von Merizzi and Count Boos-Waldeck, were seriously wounded. Fourteen spectators were hit by bomb splinters.[citation needed]

After attending the official reception at the City Hall, Franz Ferdinand asked about the members of his party that had been wounded by the bomb. When the archduke was told they were badly injured in hospital, he insisted on being taken to see them. A member of the archduke's staff, Andreas, Freiherr von Morsey, suggested this might be dangerous, but Oskar Potiorek, who was responsible for the safety of the Imperial party, replied, "Do you think Sarajevo is full of assassins?"[citation needed] However, Potiorek did accept it would be better if Sophie remained behind in the city hall. When Freiherr Morsey told Sophie about the revised plans, she refused to stay, arguing: "As long as the Archduke shows himself in public today I will not leave him."[citation needed]

In order to avoid the city centre, General Oskar Potiorek decided that the Imperial car should travel straight along the Appel Quay to the Sarajevo Hospital. However, Potiorek forgot to tell the driver, Leopold Loyka,[7] about this decision. On the way to the hospital, by the Latin Bridge, the driver took a right turn into Franz Joseph Street. One of the conspirators, Gavrilo Princip, was standing on the corner at the time. Oskar Potiorek immediately realized the driver had taken the wrong route and shouted "What is this? This is the wrong way! We're supposed to take the Appel Quay!"[citation needed]

The driver put his foot on the brake, and began to back up. In doing so he moved slowly past the waiting Gavrilo Princip. The assassin stepped forward, drew his pistol, and at a distance of about five feet, fired twice into the car. Franz Ferdinand was hit in the neck and Sophie in the abdomen. Sophie said to her husband, "For God's sake, what has happened to you?!" then she fell bleeding. Before losing consciousness he pleaded, "Sopherl! Sopherl! Don't die! Stay alive for our children!", using his pet name for the duchess.[6]:11 They were both dead within an hour.”

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2019, 11:24:03 pm »
Booooo I had my penalty spiel all lined up as well.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2019, 07:16:26 am »
Congratulations Hazell. Cheers and well played to everyone who took part too, that was a fun one.

Thanks mate.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2019, 07:58:51 am »

I now know a tiny bit more about historical African footy than I did previously. Also found out that Cameroon have most of the best keepers from Africa, and that Theophile Abega was a genuine world class operator, who remains sadly underappreciated by the RAWK cognoscenti. His time will come.

Seconded. One of my favourite drafts that one. Nice to have to pick some new names rather than the same usual suspects (although good to see some old favourites reappear!).

Thanks for sorting Hazell.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2019, 10:48:51 am »
Seconded. One of my favourite drafts that one. Nice to have to pick some new names rather than the same usual suspects (although good to see some old favourites reappear!).

Thanks for sorting Hazell.

Thanks mate.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2019, 11:20:10 am »
Congrats Hazell and Mikey for reaching the finals.

The draft had a different flavour to it indeed with the rules and the type of players selected. Now, on to the next one  8)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2019, 11:56:44 am »
Cheers mate!

I'll take payment via PayPal for the deciding vote  :wave
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2019, 11:59:06 am »

:no

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2019, 03:12:40 pm »

I would do but am a bit strapped for cash as I wired all my money to a Nigerian prince to help him out.

Still waiting for him to send me some of his millions you see.