tubby
7 (21.2%)
Sheer Magnetism vs
7 (21.2%)
Max_Powers
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: June 21, 2019, 10:09:51 pm

Author Topic: AFCON/Copa America Draft - Quarter Finals 1 & 2  (Read 924 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
AFCON/Copa America Draft - Quarter Finals 1 & 2
« on: June 20, 2019, 10:09:51 pm »
Hello and welcome to the Africa Cup of Nations and Copa America quarter final voting. With the two tournaments upon us, what better way to celebrate the close season than determining which of us knows more about world football?

The group stage is over and after talk of multiple wives, Margot Robbie vs Natalie Portman vs Dolly Parton as well as some discussion about football, we're into the knockouts. I've been told to fuck off at least once in this draft and I don't expect not to be told to do so again. But in the meantime, which of us is George Weah and which is Djemba-Djemba? Who wants to have endless discussion about whether Messi is a fraud or not? And who will be the next to post about voter corruption?

Most importantly, who will be crowned most knowledgable poster about these two summer tournaments?

The first quarter finals are below:

BIG DICK NICK    vs    tubby

vs   

Sheer Magnetism    vs    Max_Powers

vs   

Can't do a visual line up this time but it's a 4-2-3-1:

GK: Vincent Enyeama (NIG). AFCON winner, frequent Champions League player with Lille.

LB: Sergio Navarro (CHI). Captained Chile to 3rd in the 1962 World Cup, one of the innovators of the position with four at the back.

CB: Souleymane Diawara (SEN). Former Ligue 1 winner and team of the year member. A rock in central defence.

CB: Luis Amaranto Perea (COL). A central defender with the pace to play at right back, Perea won the Argentine Primera Division, and two Europa Leagues at Atletico Madrid, where he remains the club's longest serving foreign player.

RB: Maxi Pereira (URU). Copa America and multiple Primera League winner, and a world cup semi finalist, with the pace of a winger. Uruguay's most capped player.

MF: Naby Keita (GUI). An interception machine who can also carry the ball forward and distribute it quickly. You all know what he can do.

MF: Alex Song (CAM). Laid on 12 assists in Van Persie's golden season, people forget just how good he was at his peak. Together, that midfield has pace, strength, bite and technique.

AM: Kaka (BRA). Champions League, World Cup and Ballon d'Or winner. Quick, outrageously skillful and can slot in through balls as easily as he can finish.

LF: Diego Maradona (ARG). Perhaps the greatest player of all time and a serial winner.

RF: Ace Ntsoelengoe (SA). Reputedly the best player never able to compete in a major competition, due to South Africa's apartheid regime, Ace could do it all: go past player after player before hitting a defence-splitting pass. Incredible skill and vision with a striker's goal ratio.

CF: Hugo Sanchez (MEX). Incredible scoring ratio at the top level and the greatest bicycle kicker the world has ever known. The fourth highest scorer in La Liga history and a five-time La Liga winner.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: AFCON/Copa America Draft - Quarter Finals 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 06:46:34 am »
Bump :wave

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 09:47:35 am »
Tubby has Messi and Neymar but everyone knows Suarez was the man who made that trio tick.

Finidi George? Relegated with Ipswich.
Tony Yeboah? Couple of screamers then decided he couldn’t be arsed. The original Amr Zaki.
Geremi? This Pearl Jam loving twat willingly signed for Middlesbrough! And Mourinho. Stone cold loser.

Kolo at the back is an all time great, I’ll give him that.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 10:01:14 am »
These are so close to call. Both sides have similar quality. In each tie one has a better attack and one has a better defence. The balance is pretty equal across all four sides. Think these would come down to individual moments of quality.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 10:50:40 am »
Hold up, how come one match is tied and the other has one less vote?  Is someone shenaniganing?

These are so close to call. Both sides have similar quality. In each tie one has a better attack and one has a better defence. The balance is pretty equal across all four sides. Think these would come down to individual moments of quality.

It's not like I've got Messi in my team or anything.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 10:52:18 am »
Hold up, how come one match is tied and the other has one less vote?  Is someone shenaniganing?

Someone has clearly not voted for one, potentially indicating they thought it was a draw. Which seems fair enough. I just about went Sheer and Tubby but could easily have said one or both were draws.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 11:11:11 am »

It's not like I've got Messi in my team or anything.

Oooh, sounds like an accusation! Wasn’t me guv!

You’ve got Messi, one less Copa America to his name than my Suarez.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 04:16:34 pm »
Can't believe I'm losing to Nick, this has completely taken the gloss off our CL win.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 05:58:43 pm »
Sorry to rain your parade* but the second semi up:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343176.new#new

:wave

*Not much of a parade given both Messi and Suarez got pummelled at Anfield :P

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 08:10:57 pm »
Proper tight, these.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 10:19:05 pm »
Congrats, Nick.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 10:24:48 pm »
Well done Nick and Max.