Author Topic: Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs  (Read 256519 times)

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Solidarity from fans of other clubs
« Reply #480 on: November 23, 2012, 01:49:49 am »
just shows you, some people are class.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: November 23, 2012, 01:51:19 am »
 :thumbup

Such a class act by Young Boys. 

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: November 23, 2012, 10:12:28 am »
Yeah was a really class show of support, gave me goose bumps. Pure class from another European team.
They seemed to really enjoy their trip to Anfield, very passionate.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #483 on: November 23, 2012, 11:47:07 am »
They were boss. Great banner too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: Young Boys fans Hillsborough tribute.
« Reply #484 on: November 23, 2012, 10:01:01 pm »
Their fans are quality! Fantastic gesture that was.Fair play to them

Anyone stay behind afterwards see them celebrating with their players? All the sqaud and managers sat down in a big, long line infront of them on the pitch as they stood still and sung (very loudly) a song to the tune of the 'lucas song' and when it got to the 'whoooaaaah' bit, all of them (and I mean all of them) bounced like a bunch of crazy cats and went mad. It was incredible.

So refreshing to see that type of passion at Anfield.....had to just stand there from 305 and applaud them! Absolutely class!

Yeah, looked over to see all their squad sitting in front of their fans & some song going on. Obviously has been done/rehearsed before & when the song got to the point of the squad jumping up all their fans (ALL OF THEM) were bouncing & going mental & still singing. Brilliant and thank you Young Boys for the Hillsborough banner. Top away fans those Young Boys.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #485 on: November 23, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »
Was a great toutch from them. Great support from their fans throughout the game, hope they enjoyed their trip.

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread showing the great support received from other clubs and fans . 

I ll kick it off with the tribute from West Ham today
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:59:44 pm by The Tenacious Kennedy »
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Re: hillsborough Tributes from other clubs and fans
« Reply #487 on: April 7, 2013, 08:34:49 pm »
West Ham fans were terrific today, not seen a minutes' silence from opposition observed quite so well.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: April 7, 2013, 08:36:44 pm »
Tribute from Celtic fans

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: April 7, 2013, 08:42:07 pm »
Magnificent gesture from Mansfield Town fans, who also left 96 seats empty in tribute

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: April 7, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »
Banner from Sunderland fans, which I think was the first game after the report if the Panel iirc

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hillsborough Tributes from other clubs and fans
« Reply #491 on: April 8, 2013, 08:14:09 pm »
Tribute from Young Boys in the Europa League

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hillsborough Tributes from other clubs and fans
« Reply #492 on: April 10, 2013, 10:52:59 pm »
From Inter Milan

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
From Everton - on the wall of HFSG's office

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
From Everton - on the wall of HFSG's office

Any chance you could write out what that says, I can't read it

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Banner at today s match at Carlisle vs Preston

I seem to remember going to see Liverpool play away at Carlisle in the cup in the early rounds of the Cup in the 89 season

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Banner at today s match at Carlisle vs Preston

I seem to remember going to see Liverpool play away at Carlisle in the cup in the early rounds of the Cup in the 89 season

More info on this

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1.1049536

Hillsborough banner on display at Carlisle United match

A banner supporting the memorial of those who died in the Hillsborough disaster will be displayed when Carlisle United play at Brunton Park today.

The banners to be displayed at Carlisle United’s match against PNE today

The 9m banner has been funded by the Carlisle United Supporters Club London Branch and will be shown from the Waterworks End at the game against Preston North End.

The banner will then be taken to the tragedy’s 24th anniversary memorial on Monday held at Anfield in Liverpool.

Craig Milne, a member of the supporters club, said: “We just thought it would be a good gesture with the anniversary coming up and wanted to do something on behalf of Carlisle United.

“It is also a good time to display it this weekend because Carlisle, Preston and Liverpool have a link through Bill Shankly.”

Shankly played for both Carlisle and Preston in the 1930s, amassing more than 300 appearances. He also started his managerial career at Carlisle United before going on to manage Liverpool for 15 years.

Craig added: “We wanted it to be on behalf of Carlisle, by the fans for the fans. Trying to raise the profile of the cause, Justice for the 96, which still needs support. If everybody at every club supported it then maybe we would have got some justice sooner.”

The Carlisle United club shop have also donated a club crest which will be displayed on the banner.

Ninety-six people died and 766 were injured, at the Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield in 1989 during an FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
Western Sydney Wanderers fans

"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline SecondComing

• Anny Roader
From around the world (Credit to everyone who posted them in this thread: Solidarity from fans of other clubs)

Olympiakos

Napoli

Borussia Dortmund

VfL Bochum

Banik Ostrava

FK Sarajevo

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
Those pics are immense!
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Those pics are immense!

Is right mate, I got a bit emotional viewing those....
Believer

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
From Man Utd supporters

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Tweet today from Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust @THSTOfficial:

"Our thoughts are with the families of those lost in the Hillsborough Disaster 24 years ago today and with our friends @spiritofshankly #YNWA"

Offline gunnerstu

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #503 on: April 15, 2013, 05:18:31 pm »
I was thinking of you all this week - hopefully things are getting a little easier.

RIP the 96 but just as importantly I hope the families and friends get what they need.

Offline ***

• Main Stander
From the official United wesbsite;

Hillsborough remembered

Today, Manchester United stands with our great neighbours, Liverpool, to remember the tragic loss of 96 football fans who went to watch their team and never came back.

The events that occurred at Hillsborough 24 years ago, on 15 April 1989, resulted in Britain’s worst ever stadium disaster.

The thoughts and prayers of everybody at Manchester United today are with Liverpool Football Club and the families and friends of those who lost their lives.

Thread on redcafe also with the condolences; http://www.redcafe.net/f7/hillsborough-anniversary-369126/

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
Everton at the Emirates

Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
Everton at the Emirates

Some good support from that Arsenal player as well!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.redcafe.net/f7/hillsborough-anniversary-369126

Redcafe carrying wishes for Anne Williams now.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
I brought the banner from Carlisle fans down to the memorial service on monday.  Glad to see so many liked it.  We tried to put it up at Doncaster away, but their stadium manager said "We don't want anything to do with that".  Probably an ex copper...
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: April 28, 2013, 10:11:42 pm »
Yesterday Newcastle fans clapped us when Justice for the 96 was being sung
and we clapped this Geordie for his little sign

also from Newcastle

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:16:38 pm by thechulloran »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: May 24, 2013, 10:05:33 pm »
Thank you banner a couple of Liverpool fans are taking to the Champions League final

Offline PeterSwales

• Main Stander
  • City Fan
« Reply #511 on: June 11, 2013, 05:45:21 pm »
I think for a lot of fans of other clubs (like myself) mentioning Hillsborough to Liverpool fans is like treading on egg shells - though I'm sure there's a mindless minority who will always shout abuse. It's a sensitive subject that you feel you have to approach in a sensitive way.

I've bought and read quite a lot of books on the subject - from the original Taylor reports to Phil Scraton's "Hillsborough - The Truth" mainly to try to understand what happened and what didn't happen. In reading all of this you start to understand that although the Hillsborough tragedy is synonymous with Liverpool football club it could have been any set of football fans in that stand on that day. Ok Man City probably wouldn't have made a semi-final back in 1989 - but the fact is that whoever was allocated that end the consequences would have been the same because this wasn't an accident . I think it's taken a while for some fans from other clubs to come to terms with this and I'm sure this will bring solidarity from clubs.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2013, 01:42:39 am »
I think for a lot of fans of other clubs (like myself) mentioning Hillsborough to Liverpool fans is like treading on egg shells - though I'm sure there's a mindless minority who will always shout abuse. It's a sensitive subject that you feel you have to approach in a sensitive way.

I've bought and read quite a lot of books on the subject - from the original Taylor reports to Phil Scraton's "Hillsborough - The Truth" mainly to try to understand what happened and what didn't happen. In reading all of this you start to understand that although the Hillsborough tragedy is synonymous with Liverpool football club it could have been any set of football fans in that stand on that day. Ok Man City probably wouldn't have made a semi-final back in 1989 - but the fact is that whoever was allocated that end the consequences would have been the same because this wasn't an accident . I think it's taken a while for some fans from other clubs to come to terms with this and I'm sure this will bring solidarity from clubs.

Thanks for your understanding. Have you signed the petition to have Bettison stripped of his knighthood? It would be great if yourself and other right thinking football fans could support this petition. It is not going to bring the 96 back but it would be another step on the road towards getting justice.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304831.0
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2013, 09:39:13 am »
I was thinking of you all this week - hopefully things are getting a little easier.

RIP the 96 but just as importantly I hope the families and friends get what they need.

Many thanks GunnerStu - really good of you to start this thread and to check back in

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2013, 10:23:54 am »
Ok Man City probably wouldn't have made a semi-final back in 1989 - but the fact is that whoever was allocated that end the consequences would have been the same because this wasn't an accident .

Many thanks for your support PeterSwales

You're right that the Hillsborough tragedy was something waiting to happen. 

Man City may not have made a semi-final in 1989, but they did in 1981

With the luck of the draw, Man City were drawn to play Ipswich at Villa Park, whilst Spurs were drawn to play Wolves at Hillsborough. Spurs fans were allocated the Leppings Lane end at Hillsborough, but it could have been City if the draw had been gone differently

This youtube clip -  www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0 - shows some of the carnage that resulted at the Spurs end with fans spilling onto the pitch due to overcrowding in the central area of the Lepping Lane terraces

Many serious injuries resulted including broken legs, but by the grace of God,  no fatalities.

The reason why the outcome wasn't worse came down to 2 key factors:

1.  A senior policeman who knew what he was doing, who recognised the situation and took action to open the gates to relieve the overcrowding (incidentally this was not the actual match commander - see http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292257.msg11514742#msg11514742)

2.  In 1981, the Leppings Lane terraces had not been divided into 5 pens with radial fences.  As a result, some of the pressure of overcrowding could dissipate to the sides.  This was not possible in 1989

As a result of the 1981 debacle, semi-finals did not take place at Hillsborough again until 1987, when Coventry played Leeds - and again there was serious overcrowding and injuries at the Leppings Lane, and the kick off had to be delayed due to the notorious bottlekneck outside of the terraces

And for the five Hillsborough semi-finals between 1980 and 1989, the ground had no current safety certificate; something which did not appear to concern the FA. 

The fact is, Hillsborough was a deathtrap. 

In it's semi-final configuration, with two sets of 'away' fans and the ground and the ground split as evenly as possible between both sets of fans, the design flaws of the ground made it positively dangerous.

I hesitate to say that it was an 'accident waiting to happen', because the word 'accident' suggests that there wasn't gross negligence on the part of the South Yorkshire Police, Sheffield Wednesday FC, Sheffield City Council, the FA and Eastwoods Consulting Engineers

But it could have happened to any club

Thanks again for your support.  It's really great to see solidarity from other clubs.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:59:25 pm by The Tenacious Kennedy »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2013, 01:46:55 pm »
Many thanks for your support PeterSwales

You're right that the Hillsborough tragedy was something waiting to happen. 

Man City may not have made a semi-final in 1989, but they did in 1981

With the luck of the draw, Man City were drawn to play Ipswich at Villa Park, whilst Spurs were drawn to play Wolves at Hillsborough. Spurs fans were allocated the Leppings Lane end at Hillsborough, but it could have been City if the draw had been gone differently

This youtube clip -  www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0 - shows some of the carnage that resulted at the Spurs end with fans spilling onto the pitch due to overcrowding in the central area of the Lepping Lane terraces

Many serious injuries resulted including broken legs, but by the grace of God,  no fatalities.

The reason why the outcome wasn't worse came down to 2 key factors:

1.  A senior policeman who knew what he was doing, who recognised the situation and took action to open the gates to relieve the overcrowding (incidentally this was not the actual match commander - see http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292257.msg11514742#msg11514742)

2.  In 1981, the Leppings Lane terraces had not been divided into 4 pens with radial fences.  As a result, some of the pressure of overcrowding could dissipate to the sides.  This was not possible in 1989

As a result of the 1981 debacle, semi-finals did not take place at Hillsborough again until 1987, when Coventry played Leeds - and again there was serious overcrowding and injuries at the Leppings Lane, and the kick off had to be delayed due to the notorious bottlekneck outside of the terraces

And for the five Hillsborough semi-finals between 1980 and 1989, the ground had no current safety certificate; something which did not appear to concern the FA. 

The fact is, Hillsborough was a deathtrap. 

In it's semi-final configuration, with two sets of 'away' fans and the ground and the ground split as evenly as possible between both sets of fans, the design flaws of the ground made it positively dangerous.

I hesitate to say that it was an 'accident waiting to happen', because the word 'accident' suggests that there wasn't gross negligence on the part of the South Yorkshire Police, Sheffield Wednesday FC, Sheffield City Council, the FA and Eastwoods Consulting Engineers

But it could have happened to any club

Thanks again for your support.  It's really great to see solidarity from other clubs.

Think appropriate term is disaster waiting to happen.

Prob for another thread but how have The FA come out unscathed in this, they chose the venue for that semi despite our Chairman Peter Robinson writing to The FA complaining about the venue, a venue which had no valid safety certificate , The FA allocated that Leppings Lane end to clubs with bigger support & must have known that end to be inadequate. Reading about the incident in 81, apparently it was suggested to the then Sheffield Wednesday Chairman that the capacity at Leppings Lane terrace should be reduced, his reply was bollocks.

#Sausages

Offline PeterSwales

• Main Stander
  • City Fan
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2013, 03:59:20 pm »
Thanks for your understanding. Have you signed the petition to have Bettison stripped of his knighthood? It would be great if yourself and other right thinking football fans could support this petition. It is not going to bring the 96 back but it would be another step on the road towards getting justice.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=304831.0

Just Done

Offline PeterSwales

• Main Stander
  • City Fan
« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2013, 04:13:02 pm »
Just watching the footage of Hillsborough 1981 - Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (FA CUP S/F). It looks to me like the whole Leppings Lane end is packed - was it not split into the 4 pens back then? F@cking disgrace when you think that this happened.
Spoke to some Liverpool fans who went to the match at Hillsborough in '88 and they said they could see the danger then but the police were guiding fans away from the central pens.

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2013, 04:28:05 pm »
Just watching the footage of Hillsborough 1981 - Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (FA CUP S/F). It looks to me like the whole Leppings Lane end is packed - was it not split into the 4 pens back then? F@cking disgrace when you think that this happened.
Spoke to some Liverpool fans who went to the match at Hillsborough in '88 and they said they could see the danger then but the police were guiding fans away from the central pens.

They split the Leppings Lane into 5 pens after 1981

When you entered the Leppings Lane turnstiles, you were immediately drawn to the central tunnel.  You could see the pitch, and there was a sign saying "standing".  99% of fans would have gone straight through the tunnel into the 2 central pens, without even seeing the entrances to the two wing pens to the side

South Yorkshire Police routinely blocked off the central tunnel to prevent overcrowding.  They did it in the 1988 semi-final, and at other matches.  For example, I clearly remember that the police blocked off the tunnel at Hillsborough at my first ever away game in the Liverpool vs. Sheffield Wednesday league game in December 1986.

The SYP Chief Constable at the time is even specifically documented to have been aware of the tunnel closure contingency

It was a routine operation, but for some reason, it was not enacted in 1989

The tunnel and its closure are absolutely key to what happened at Hillsborough.  The simple, established,  routine operation to close the tunnel when the pens were full would have prevented the deaths and injuries. 

Offline PeterSwales

• Main Stander
  • City Fan
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2013, 04:32:57 pm »
I can see how the failure of the police caused the problem in 1989 -  but if there were no pens in 1981 why was there a crush - had the police allowed Spurs fans in without tickets or simply over allocated?