Author Topic: The creeping silent army of the ether (Twitter-Whoppery)  (Read 50829 times)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: The creeping silent army of the ether (Twitter-Whoppery)
« Reply #160 on: September 8, 2021, 01:16:50 pm »

I managed to get suspended on Twitter, and have since decided not appeal the matter. I think my mental health is better for it.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #161 on: September 8, 2021, 01:51:26 pm »
I managed to get suspended on Twitter, and have since decided not appeal the matter. I think my mental health is better for it.

You rapscallion... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #162 on: September 8, 2021, 02:48:13 pm »
Never post whilst under the influence..
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #163 on: September 8, 2021, 04:11:10 pm »
I got banned from the Liverpool Echo comments sections for ripping fascists/tories. My mental health has benefited for being out of that cesspool too.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #164 on: September 8, 2021, 11:13:48 pm »
Why haven't you signed up here with your real name and given your full details in your profile?

I think you should leave Barry 67cherryred alone, just because he has an unusual name is not reason to pick on him
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #165 on: September 8, 2021, 11:49:27 pm »
You mean Chelsea are a sell-to-buy club?... Aren't they doing exactly what you criticise FSG for?

Chelsea sell a load of youth talent to offset the cost of buying back Lukaku - thats a good thing and a well run club.

Liverpool sell a load of youth talent and 'dead wood' to lower net spend - #PleaseBanMeForALongTime

It isn't about sell to buy it was about circumventing FFP. Spending on Academy players does not count for FFP.

So someone like Abramovich can spend hundreds of millions hoovering up young talent that doesn't count for FFP. Then sell them at £20m to £30m and effectively use that FFP transfer profit to stay within FFP.

Even if they are not academy players, signing players and loaning them out means their value from an accounting point of view is virtually nil. When you sell them from an accounting view it is pure profit.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #166 on: September 9, 2021, 12:27:41 am »
It isn't about sell to buy it was about circumventing FFP. Spending on Academy players does not count for FFP.

So someone like Abramovich can spend hundreds of millions hoovering up young talent that doesn't count for FFP. Then sell them at £20m to £30m and effectively use that FFP transfer profit to stay within FFP.

Even if they are not academy players, signing players and loaning them out means their value from an accounting point of view is virtually nil. When you sell them from an accounting view it is pure profit.

I think you have moved down the slip road of this topic and are now heading into another thread
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2021, 04:26:53 pm »
https://dean-magazine.ghost.io/the-cold-dead-world-of-the-extremely-online-liverpool-fan/

Thought this was an interesting article on the subject of LFC twitter

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2021, 05:57:38 pm »
https://dean-magazine.ghost.io/the-cold-dead-world-of-the-extremely-online-liverpool-fan/

Good that. I had to double check that I hadn't written it myself, as it pretty much captures my viewpoint on all this (apart from my not being on Twitter).
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2021, 06:34:31 pm »
Good that. I had to double check that I hadn't written it myself, as it pretty much captures my viewpoint on all this (apart from my not being on Twitter).

Online Liverpool fans are cogently lackadaisical?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2021, 06:35:53 pm »
Online Liverpool fans are cogently lackadaisical?
Your post is untenable
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2021, 08:34:09 pm »

Just came here to post this. Excellent.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2021, 07:35:41 am »
The cretins flooding Twitter after yesterday's game.

These thick morons do not actually like the actual football. Taking no joy from that wonderful spectacle. Leaning into old biases, prejudices and horrible takes. Finding fault with absolute glee. Slagging off footballers of the team they 'love'.

Spent all summer saying Liverpool won't make top 4 but then take no comfort from Liverpool winning a game in a competition that is the by-product of finishing in the top 4.

So strange.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2021, 07:53:38 am »
These thick morons do not actually like the actual football. Taking no joy from that wonderful spectacle. Leaning into old biases, prejudices and horrible takes. Finding fault with absolute glee. Slagging off footballers of the team they 'love'.

They’ll never understand what it means to be a Liverpool fan and will call anyone with any shred of positivity a “Top Red”.

Take that video the club put up on Twitter yesterday about our previous meetings with Milan and the storied European history of both clubs, all of the comments underneath were people hiding behind anonymous profiles replying with nonsense like “don’t care sign Mbappe” or fans of other clubs tweeting “dead club” or “player X is clear of player Y” etc.

For “Football Twitter” it’s about either begging for the next FIFA-esque transfer or trying to “trash talk”. It’s almost as if people see this weird behaviour and accept it as the norm. Imagine someone on the Kop after Henderson’s goal sitting there shouting “ANNOUNCE HAALAND” or “HENDO GOAL MILAN IN THE MUD POGBA COME OUTSIDE” at absolutely nobody, because that’s what Twitter essentially is.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2021, 08:14:31 am »
“HENDO GOAL MILAN IN THE MUD POGBA COME OUTSIDE”

I think this has got legs...maybe to the tune of the Great Escape...

:P

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2021, 09:30:40 am »
They’ll never understand what it means to be a Liverpool fan and will call anyone with any shred of positivity a “Top Red”.

Take that video the club put up on Twitter yesterday about our previous meetings with Milan and the storied European history of both clubs, all of the comments underneath were people hiding behind anonymous profiles replying with nonsense like “don’t care sign Mbappe” or fans of other clubs tweeting “dead club” or “player X is clear of player Y” etc.

For “Football Twitter” it’s about either begging for the next FIFA-esque transfer or trying to “trash talk”. It’s almost as if people see this weird behaviour and accept it as the norm. Imagine someone on the Kop after Henderson’s goal sitting there shouting “ANNOUNCE HAALAND” or “HENDO GOAL MILAN IN THE MUD POGBA COME OUTSIDE” at absolutely nobody, because that’s what Twitter essentially is.
It's the classic sign, a catch all response.
I looked at the HT thread on here for a laugh, and it didn't disappoint. Well in to Rob and one or 2 of the others for fighting the good fight.

The Twitter and HT lot struggle with the concept that first of all the game is to be enjoyed, and not necessarily have every detail picked over and turned into a polarised debate.

They also struggle with the concept that other people do not feel the need to instantly react to stuff and will wait and see how things develop before deciding whether to comment or not.

Finally this top red thing again. This isn't anyone trying to be a better red, it's just people who are bored of bellends telling said bellends to shut up.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2021, 03:03:29 pm »
Everyone has probably seen it since Wednesday night (I am not putting out a link), but the Liverpool 'fan' doing an AFTV-style rant about Klopp and Origi is the very essence of what the issue is with all this.

In truth, performative outrage designed to catch attention and notoriety is not really anything to do with football. It stands outside of the traditional parameters of what 'comment' should be there for. But it's latched onto by bundles of whoppers which then gives it life

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2021, 03:18:40 pm »
Everyone has probably seen it since Wednesday night (I am not putting out a link), but the Liverpool 'fan' doing an AFTV-style rant about Klopp and Origi is the very essence of what the issue is with all this.

In truth, performative outrage designed to catch attention and notoriety is not really anything to do with football. It stands outside of the traditional parameters of what 'comment' should be there for. But it's latched onto by bundles of whoppers which then gives it life

Haven't seen the video, and have no fucking desire to watch any self promoting bellend who videos themselves talking about any subject. Whether that be football, politics, lip fillers or Love Fucking Island.

Honestly have no clue why anyone sane or reasonable goes anywhere near the shitshow that is Twitter or Facebook and the like.

Life is way, way too short. And all they are doing is adding to the success of a platform that seems to encourage the vilest forms of behaviour, whilst displaying no social responsibility or paying any fucking tax.

Weird.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2021, 05:06:34 pm »
I agree with your sentiment, but the problem is that the worlds of the internet fans and the mainstream media become ever more intertwined.

Media, and I include fan media in this increasingly use social media comment to drive their own content. Mainstream pundits also pick up on some of this stuff, add their names to it and then find their comments carried by media. Just read The Echo's LFC homepage to see what I mean. There's something today quoting Neville saying that somethings not right at Liverpool.

I ignore virtually all of it, this is may main LFC news source, but it becomes increasingly difficult when ever growing numbers of posters treat this place like Twitter.

Neville is right, there is something wrong at Liverpool. We are only 3 points clear.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2021, 06:11:44 am »
Neville is right, there is something wrong at Liverpool. We are only 3 points clear.
The thing with Neville’s Liverpool shout wasn’t that it was negative about us, it’s more about how punditry rarely looks beyond the end of its nose. Recency bias basically dictates all comment. A more considered long-view with actual analysis is a rare thing.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2021, 11:12:12 am »
The thing with Neville’s Liverpool shout wasn’t that it was negative about us, it’s more about how punditry rarely looks beyond the end of its nose. Recency bias basically dictates all comment. A more considered long-view with actual analysis is a rare thing.

Absolutely. He’s based that entirely on the fact that the other 3 contenders for the title (we all know it’s 2 but in his mind….) have all spent loads on shiny new toys while we haven’t.
Believer

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2021, 11:33:58 am »
Absolutely. He’s based that entirely on the fact that the other 3 contenders for the title (we all know it’s 2 but in his mind….) have all spent loads on shiny new toys while we haven’t.
So you could say he just sounds like some Liverpool fans, then ?

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2021, 02:06:02 pm »
So you could say he just sounds like some Liverpool fans, then ?

:D Yes you could
Believer

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2021, 10:22:24 pm »
It’s interesting, when I first wrote the OP the season was very young with not much of a guide to support how fans perceived the fortunes of the season ahead.

As Liverpool continue to impress by thumping most sides, there exists an ever-noisier gang of oddballs who still insist that Liverpool are doomed. With every win they bleat about signings that never were; with every top performance they bemoan injured players as if writing their obituary.

They have no joy.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2021, 10:25:27 pm »
About 80% of my blocked list on twitter is FSGout types and various moany whoppers. I just can't be arsed with them.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2021, 07:58:50 am »
About 80% of my blocked list on twitter is FSGout types and various moany whoppers. I just can't be arsed with them.
Only 80%

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2021, 08:45:21 am »
I once naively thought Twitter would be a good place to interact with fellow reds, see what other fans are about and generally get a balanced overview on current affairs.

How very wrong I was!

Absolute toxic, rancid, cesspit of a platform where people can hide behind anonymity and have free reign to be racist, sexist, xenophobic and generally behave like ballbags.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2021, 09:59:35 am »
The only use I have found for twitter is getting notifications to get my lad a PS5
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2021, 11:37:48 am »
As the modern saying goes:

Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth; give a man a username and he will act like a twat!

Speaks truth, in that the second part of that saying, applies to us- the "unwashed masses." In Wilde's day, much as we're angered by it, you had to fight for your platform/opportunity/time to speak and so there was an inherent "filter" that ensured that the cream of the crop gets to speak and so we're serenaded with pearls of wisdom straight from the mouths of angels....

Nowadays every Tom, Dick and Harry has a platform and we're the loudest... hence- "give a man a username and he will act like a twat!"
It depends on the type of man/woman, and which road they take when deciding to speak- the high road, or cutting through the valley to save time.
You have to really search for the quality amongst the dross- the pearls in amongst the swine.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 12:15:06 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2021, 03:27:20 pm »
"Cream of the crop"? Fucking hell!

As ever the issue boasts a complexity that can't be simply, nor simplistically, resolved in time for tea. Democratisation of discourse is a good thing; that's not the issue. The issue is that a large vocal minority (and it usually is a minority) choose to use these new opportunities to act like gobshites. There may well be interesting sociological and psychological reasons for this, but ultimately the effect is dispiriting and undermines the platform's more positive contributions.

But let's not rewrite history: people have been spouting shite for ever and a day, even when the opportunity to gain a platform were limited, and long before social media came along. The main difference now is volume - in both senses of the word. The more interesting question is whether there's been a qualitative change as well. Something to do with modern life? A deleterious effect upon mindset and discourse? A withering of positive qualities like patience and goodwill and generosity?

Someone's gonna get a PhD thesis out of it.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2021, 03:28:58 pm »
I once naively thought Twitter would be a good place to interact with fellow reds, see what other fans are about and generally get a balanced overview on current affairs.

How very wrong I was!

Absolute toxic, rancid, cesspit of a platform where people can hide behind anonymity and have free reign to be racist, sexist, xenophobic and generally behave like ballbags.

Ratio'd

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2021, 08:07:56 pm »
 I like reading this thread and echo a lot of the feelings about Twitter etc. But I also feel deeply frustrated at how slowly people are picking up on the issues around social media. It’s clear most people think Facebook, Twitter etc are doing it for the good of humanity, for the benefit of us. This is a deeply one sided business and must be regarded as such each time you use their platforms. Every time you use social media it gives them two things.

First, more eyes checking out the advertising. That means the advertisers pay more to the platform. But that’s the lesser of the two valuable things we freely give.

Second, data. We absent-mindedly haemorrhage tonnes of data every time we use social media. What we click on, how long we stay on that click before our next one, the nouns we type. When fed into a series of algorithms and some analytical procedures that very data reveals how to target your attention. That is how they know you’ll keep coming back.

Wait. They aren’t finished yet. It gets a little bit darker. These guys have big bucks, like - billions. So they attract the best and the brightest from the worlds best universities and competitors. And some of these people aren’t coders they are psychologists, neuroscientists and ex-politicians. Each group on its own (eg a bunch of neuroscientists) knows what makes humans tick better than anyone in the planet. Put these expert group together and you get the best understanding of the human mind there has ever been. And what do they realise? We are all drawn to extreme emotion. Anger, a sense of loss, fear, resentment, reward, lust, joy. They understand each of the chemicals sent around a brain in response. And how addictive these feelings are. So what do they do? They engineer social media to be a haven of those emotions. Think about all those crash videos you get on Facebook. Animals being attacked. Or humans saved from floodwaters. That’s what makes me keep coming back, that and the kudos on Strava. That’s me, how about you? What’s your click bait stream like? I bet it stirs those same extreme emotions I mentioned. Stuff that gets you think LIKE or DISLIKE. They also know that if you restrict the number of words people can use, and allow anonymity, you get extreme opinions. There is not enough space to present a nuanced view and frankly not enough time because you want to get your 140 characters in to the discussion before the next guy in the thread. Brilliant for more DISLIKES. Brilliant for car crash debates. A million closet Nevilles versus a million keyboard Carraghers arguing about the who owns the best trainers. Brilliant for business. The net result? Emotions have been commercialised. But only the strong ones. There’s no room for the unprofitable ones - consideration, reflection, respect, middle grounds - these are now the crud nuts of commercial social behaviour. These things fail to keep people clicking. These things are therefore absent.

So that’s why we have Whoppery. It’s the end product of one of the biggest businesses the world has ever seen. Don’t get me wrong, I know we had whoppers before the internet but they were treated and managed as benign, eccentric locals who probably didn’t get out much (and who would have to pen a letter to a far away like minded whopper if they wanted to build a consensus view). But now we’ve got the greatest brains on the planet manufacturing whopper get-together platforms and whopper-baiting algorithms for the benefit of the pounds and dollars.

Personally I feel this will put a huge strain on society. Democracies require fair, open access to truth and sensible, responsible platforms for debate. Social media is fast eroding the foundations. I’m convinced that in a few generations time we’ll look back at this era in the same way we now regard slavery, work houses and all the Victorian medical stuff about leeches and draining blood. And lead lined food tins. Such is the harm and stupidity.

It’s like the tech business strategy is determined to turn the human race into 6 or 7 billion Robbie Savages. And nobody seems to have a strong emotional response to that because they are too busy strongly disliking something they saw in Ronaldo’s breakfast. Which for some reason was on Instagram, next to the video of the koala on fire.

But now you understand why.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 09:01:01 pm by Penfold78 »

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2021, 10:04:01 pm »
Good post^^

And yes, you're correct. Whoppery and gobshitery on social media has not just come about through sociological and psychological causes alone. It has also been actively encouraged and even engineered in pretty sinister and Machiavellian ways to drive growth, profit and reach.

I'll still maintain that there are beneficial and positive contributions made by social media to society and human advancement, but they are often drowned out by the gobshitery.

Personally, apart from WhatsApp (and similar apps) to keep in touch with close friends/family, I don't use social media at all. I have no accounts on any of the main platforms - no twitter, no facebook, no instagram, nothing. I only experience it when someone links to a page or post on sites like this or in emails/messages. This means I get to see far more of the good than the bad, while always, constantly and consistently being aware about the bad, ominously rumbling away like thunder in the background of a sunny day
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:12:48 pm by Ghost Town »

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2021, 11:10:32 pm »
The best part for me is the anti-vaxxers propagating social media with wild theories about vaccines being a form of mind control. Why bother inventing a hoax virus and vaccines when the social media companies are already controlling the minds of vast swathes of society. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2021, 07:59:30 pm »
One of the favourites of the Twitter football whoppers is comparing coaches/managers, epecially with Jürgen Klopp, which I suppose shows how incredibly obsessed so many fan-bases are with him!

And of course the worst and most stupid aspect of all this is that they NEVER offer context. Comparing him and Guardiola has been the favourite for years.

Of course it’s Chelsea fans who are the latest to jump on this stat/trophy comparison bandwagon.  Which always amuses me - cos when things are going well, why are you bothered about another teams’ manager?  Just saw one the other day, from some high profile Chelsea fan, and it seems the jist is - that because Tuchel’s points per game is better than Klopp’s at Dortmund, that makes him better? I’ve seen plenty actually crow about this, like that is somehow means you are the better coach, than actually winning 2 leagues including a double and taking a team that cost about £40 million to a CL final.

And all conventiently forget what the teams where like when they took them over.  Tuchel is Guardiola-lite taking over strong squads who where perennially in Europe anyway and/or winning trophies before his arrival - he’s done it at BVB, PSG and now Chelsea. Klopp the opposite, taking over 2 sleeping giants in a way, in BVB and Liverpool when they wheren’t qualifying for CL much at all and hadn’t won anything of significance in a while. 

This constant need for one-upmanship there is bizarre, and it isn’t just kids, journalists do it - that numbskull Duncan Castles and of course the Abu Dhabi dick Stu Brennan are two of the worst.

Why is it so hard to just say in this case with Kloppo and Tuchel that both are very good coaches, who just take very different paths and who’s ways of wanting to work are basically the complete opposite. No fun in that though is there.

Offline vegasred23

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2021, 08:38:00 pm »
The thing is, it's always been there. Rashid has always been there. Corballyred has always been there. The Greek fella. He used to email people before there was twitter.

That greek fella was a weirdo to the max. I always sympathized with his love of Lucas but man he was obnoxious

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #197 on: October 6, 2021, 04:40:36 pm »
The clubs official Twitter account asking fans what the best moment they have captured on camera in anfield was. Just encouraging camera phone use  :butt
YNWA

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #198 on: October 6, 2021, 06:23:50 pm »
The clubs official Twitter account asking fans what the best moment they have captured on camera in anfield was. Just encouraging camera phone use  :butt

As I say above it’s money their after. More views on their Twitter the more money the club gets. This isn’t community service.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #199 on: October 7, 2021, 11:30:18 pm »
Poisonous and depressing bunch of wankers laughing about us 'relying on Origi for depth while Newcastle splash the cash' right now. You don't support this club and you don't belong here, knob off.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.