Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519801 times)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9720 on: September 4, 2022, 10:04:14 pm »
Talking to a few of the fans that turned up very late (15-20 minutes late into the ground) they said that loads of our 'fans' were trying to get in with bent tickets that weren't getting taken off them and a few of them were fighting and acting like dickheads with the stewards and police.

Never saw any of that as I was in well before that.

So, not quite sure you can just blame Everton. It's an old ground with poor access - that's why they are moving.
We got there at 1150 and moved about 5 yards in the space of 15 mins as it looked like they had closed the turnstiles. I don’t think that turning up to an away end 40 mins before ko is unreasonable at all, finally got in at 1220.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9721 on: September 4, 2022, 11:02:47 pm »
There's some bad c*nts on this forum and one in here who'll happily blame our own fans and defend the fucking blues at every opportunity. We need a cull on here badly

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9722 on: September 5, 2022, 08:44:01 am »
Plenty were boasting on Friday about how easy it was last year to bunk in and saw images of tickets being shared about to check how good people’s blag tickets were.

These types of things happen at all big games/events. As with Paris, the authorities HAVE to plan for it and deal with it. They don’t though. Just sit back and blame us if anything goes wrong and tribal fucking idiots lap it up as if it couldn’t just as easily be them. It’s not good enough.
Exactly
I go there at just before 12 and took til 12.29 to get in with a non moving queue then a release and a surge and a crush whilst behind me the people who might have arrived a few minutes later were stuck behind a police line at the top of Bullens Road

It isn’t good enough and it is the fault of terrible organisation not of the fans
And terrible organisation leads to accidents
I know if from my business that there is a massive shortage of trained and competent labour in things like crowd management and stewarding etc post pandemic. I fear for this season and fans
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9723 on: September 5, 2022, 09:39:49 am »
There's some bad c*nts on this forum and one in here who'll happily blame our own fans and defend the fucking blues at every opportunity. We need a cull on here badly

People in the away end at the game were blaming the Liverpool fans trying to bunk in with bent tickets as well.

Do you want them culled too? Or are you going to pretend it didn't happen. Didn't see it myself as I was in the ground well before, so can only go off what people said who were queuing outside for over half an hour.

At 45 minutes before kick off, there were cordons that you had to go up and down, a couple of tables and a few lads with those hand scanner airport beepy things. My ticket got checked literally ten times and I was searched twice and then given the once over with the beepy thing. All the up and downing even then took 30 seconds and at that stage was fine.

Coming out as well, didn't have to run the usual guantlet and were were initially going to walk back to Anfield Road (Via past the Wok and down that street - turning left at the Park) but it was all clearly kicking off, so we turned around and went through the corner entrance. Thought the Police did really well - there were plenty stationed around the park and on the bridge - been a bit ropey with scrotes in the past, but the police presence stopped any issues and we got to our usual local after with no issues.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9724 on: September 5, 2022, 10:45:53 am »
People in the away end at the game were blaming the Liverpool fans trying to bunk in with bent tickets as well.

Do you want them culled too? Or are you going to pretend it didn't happen. Didn't see it myself as I was in the ground well before, so can only go off what people said who were queuing outside for over half an hour.

At 45 minutes before kick off, there were cordons that you had to go up and down, a couple of tables and a few lads with those hand scanner airport beepy things. My ticket got checked literally ten times and I was searched twice and then given the once over with the beepy thing. All the up and downing even then took 30 seconds and at that stage was fine.

Coming out as well, didn't have to run the usual guantlet and were were initially going to walk back to Anfield Road (Via past the Wok and down that street - turning left at the Park) but it was all clearly kicking off, so we turned around and went through the corner entrance. Thought the Police did really well - there were plenty stationed around the park and on the bridge - been a bit ropey with scrotes in the past, but the police presence stopped any issues and we got to our usual local after with no issues.

When you say ''kicking off" are you saying there were clashes between both sets of fans? I only ask as I've seen nothing in the media about it.

I've not been to their place since the 90s and never had any bother on any occasion. I'm sure times have changed though, sadly.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9725 on: September 5, 2022, 10:56:31 am »
When you say ''kicking off" are you saying there were clashes between both sets of fans? I only ask as I've seen nothing in the media about it.

I've not been to their place since the 90s and never had any bother on any occasion. I'm sure times have changed though, sadly.

Thesedays I don't want anything to do with it.

As soon as a bunch of lads and a load of police starting running past us, we turned around and got into the park.

Saw a few videos of dickheads shouting at each other and lobbing the odd thing, but can't really give you any info as I'm not interested in dickheads being dickheads.

Probably just kids being kids to be honest, quite a few randoms walking around with black hoodies on that clearly hadn't been to the game - but hard to say who, if anyone, they supported.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9726 on: September 5, 2022, 11:00:59 am »
Thanks Andy. I suppose it's par for the course at the derby these days. 🫤
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9727 on: September 5, 2022, 01:17:37 pm »

So if only everyone arrived at the same time as you it all would've been such a smooth operation. Just blame your own for turning up late, which was actually early.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9728 on: February 6, 2023, 12:55:14 am »
Looked like it was bouncing at 3 - 0  ;D

(In that bit towards the half way line - or was that not us?
Anyway they were having a good time)

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9729 on: February 18, 2023, 10:12:09 pm »
Our lot sounded very good on the box today. Very loud at the beginning and before we took the lead. They were very quiet throughout the game except for a few little bursts. Good to hear "Ring of Fire" getting an airing.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9730 on: April 4, 2023, 09:29:36 pm »
Fantastic tonight. Well in all.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9731 on: April 4, 2023, 09:30:20 pm »
Out singing the home crowd for huge parts of the game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9732 on: April 4, 2023, 09:31:47 pm »
Best part of the game tonight.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9733 on: April 4, 2023, 10:43:00 pm »
A credit to the club tonight, well in.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9734 on: April 4, 2023, 10:43:52 pm »
One of the few positives of the night.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #9735 on: April 4, 2023, 10:44:04 pm »

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9736 on: May 15, 2023, 09:52:33 pm »
Top quality. Some good trolling, Curtis' name chanted, anti tory stuff, Bobby worship. Great stuff. Only downside of these gobshites going down is it's usually a decent end and one of the best allocations.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9737 on: May 15, 2023, 09:54:52 pm »
 :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #9738 on: May 15, 2023, 09:56:04 pm »
Outstanding tonight
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9739 on: May 15, 2023, 09:56:39 pm »
Sounded like the best time for the travelling fans.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #9740 on: May 15, 2023, 09:58:33 pm »
Sounded great, especially the Bobby song going on for 10 mins

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9741 on: May 15, 2023, 09:59:36 pm »
Non-stop like a duracel bunny!
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9742 on: May 15, 2023, 10:00:44 pm »
Any new current player or possible future players will watch that and think, I fu#king wanna bit a that💪

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9743 on: May 15, 2023, 10:01:20 pm »
Great support. Leicester fans know how to fire us up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9744 on: May 15, 2023, 10:05:04 pm »
Love that tonight.  :scarf
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #9745 on: May 15, 2023, 10:06:06 pm »
Great support. Leicester fans know how to fire us up.

‘God save the King’ didn’t go well
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9746 on: May 15, 2023, 10:07:18 pm »
Took Trent's belter to stop the Bobby song. Don't think it would have ever stopped otherwise :scarf

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9747 on: May 15, 2023, 10:09:31 pm »
‘God save the King’ didn’t go well

That backfired massively :D

Bobby coming onto the pitch at the end was great. Looked amazing tonight

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9748 on: May 15, 2023, 10:30:26 pm »
First away I've done in over 10 years since Hodgeson was in charge ... it was fucking ace ! Loved the atmosphere. If only we could replicate that at home.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9749 on: May 15, 2023, 10:31:24 pm »
First away I've done in over 10 years since Hodgeson was in charge ... it was fucking ace ! Loved the atmosphere. If only we could replicate that at home.

You guys were fab tonight, the team responded too....well in to all of you that were there.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #9750 on: May 16, 2023, 10:04:16 am »
Best away end of the season that, by a distance. It’s no coincidence that Stoke and Middlesborough were on a par during recent times as well, all 3 were non London midweek matches when certain ‘others’ couldn’t be arsed.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9751 on: May 16, 2023, 10:43:27 am »
Best away end of the season that, by a distance. It’s no coincidence that Stoke and Middlesborough were on a par during recent times as well, all 3 were non London midweek matches when certain ‘others’ couldn’t be arsed.

thank you sir, was superb
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9752 on: May 16, 2023, 12:24:39 pm »

Wonderful - Bobby tribute was epic  :scarf

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #9753 on: May 16, 2023, 10:29:00 pm »
thank you sir, was superb
My pleasure Tom, always happy to sort yourself and Nick out whenever possible.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9754 on: August 28, 2023, 10:17:28 am »
Fucking brilliant yesterday.  You could just feel the vibe in our end around 70 mins that there was now a chance we could get something.

Absolute scenes for both goals.

Cup Finals aside, best away celebrations since Mane at Woodison.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #9755 on: August 28, 2023, 10:26:13 am »
Both them let off yesterday, absolute scenes.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #9756 on: August 28, 2023, 11:01:11 am »
Lucky enough to be there yesterday. One of those games that will live in the memory for ever.  One thing that narks me no end is how Newcastle can still get away with putting us up in the gods. If we had been by the pitch yesterday it would have been mental beyond belief. Does anyone know the reason they still get away with it?  Surely they have had time to adapt stadium to meet rules? 

Offline vitri

• Pool Baron (on away goals). Shit scared of Enemy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pro-Rafa. Hates it when people say "EPL"
« Reply #9757 on: August 28, 2023, 11:32:28 am »
Lucky enough to be there yesterday. One of those games that will live in the memory for ever.  One thing that narks me no end is how Newcastle can still get away with putting us up in the gods. If we had been by the pitch yesterday it would have been mental beyond belief. Does anyone know the reason they still get away with it?  Surely they have had time to adapt stadium to meet rules?

Didn’t know there were rules about this. Anyone know what they are?
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9758 on: August 28, 2023, 11:48:23 am »
The reason why we are still stuck up in the gods even though there are guidelines about where away fans are placed, is one of life’s great mysteries.

Darwin had no choice other than to celebrate in front of the polyester clad army.

I suppose it will take a player getting hit by a coin or angry home fan to make them change it :no

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #9759 on: August 28, 2023, 11:50:59 am »
Really pees me off. There are definitely advantages to away teams when fans are pitch side. And visa versa. So much so, I have just put an FOI to the Premier League to ask for all documents related to the decision to allow Newcastle to continue to flout the rules!  Watch this space.