Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179651 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #160 on: August 1, 2013, 10:59:04 pm »
Yeah you can watch it anywhere, just need your BT account email and password to log in.
Sweet.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 1, 2013, 11:42:18 pm »
Can I just check something...

Does BT Sport work for anyone that hasn't signed up? Just I might have just done something naughty....

And it kind of worked  ;D

Just want to check that its locked usually? Unless you sign up...
« Last Edit: August 1, 2013, 11:46:22 pm by rich87 »

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: August 1, 2013, 11:55:24 pm »
I haven't got BT internet, or signed up to BT Sport channel, but I can watch it on SKY at the moment, is this the same for everyone? (And no I didn't have ESPN either)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: August 1, 2013, 11:57:32 pm »
I haven't got BT internet, or signed up to BT Sport channel, but I can watch it on SKY at the moment, is this the same for everyone? (And no I didn't have ESPN either)

Think it is.  I've subscribed so couldn't say for sure, but a couple of lads on another forum are saying similar.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: August 2, 2013, 12:18:50 am »

That will be because it is free for everybody TODAY. You won't be able to watch it from tomorrow.

Similarly Sky Sports is free for all on Saturday (or they are putting Sky Sports content on one of the regular Sky channels)

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 2, 2013, 12:55:45 am »

Think it's free for the first day.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 2, 2013, 05:46:48 am »
Mines gone off today even though I signed up and have BR broadband.

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: August 2, 2013, 06:31:17 am »
Any one seen their ad where Medalthief is in for reharsals. Cringeworthy that one.
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #168 on: August 2, 2013, 07:10:03 am »

Does BT Sport work for anyone that hasn't signed up? Just I might have just done something naughty....

do tell of this wizardry? may get it working on a multi room box yet!

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 2, 2013, 10:45:14 am »

Do please PM me if it worked :)

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 2, 2013, 10:48:34 am »
Do please PM me if it worked :)

And me  :wave

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 2, 2013, 11:09:38 am »

It was free to watch yesterday.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #172 on: August 2, 2013, 11:45:50 am »
I think it might fair slightly better than ESPN/ Setanta packages we've had in the past, mainly because of the first choice games and time slot.

ESPN just reminded me of Newcastle Vs Stoke matches at a time when people are either still travelling back from the footy, still at the pub after the footie or getting ready to go out. Games such as the Merseyside Derby and Chelsea v Spurs will be big draws and 12.30 is a much better time slot in my opinion.

With that said I have Skysports subscription and I'll be damned if I'm spending another £15 a month, in the grand scheme of things its not a lot however part of me thinks they should have gone for a free month to get people hooked or half price for 6 months offer 

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #173 on: August 2, 2013, 11:48:57 am »
Any one seen their ad where Medalthief is in for reharsals. Cringeworthy that one.

Aye and the state of David James hair!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #174 on: August 2, 2013, 11:51:07 am »
Ours works in the main room, but not on our secondary box in the back room (where I tend to watch TV)

Looks like that multi room thing is true then, they better sort it out!

Edit: Apparently they aren't going to change it, and you will only be able to view it on one box. That means no ESPN either.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2013, 12:23:00 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 2, 2013, 11:58:13 am »
For fellow Irelanders, UPC are doing

- BT Sports 1
- BT Sports 2
- Setanta Ireland
- Setanta Sports
- ESPN

for €16 a month with the first two months free. You have to add that to whatever existing TV Package you have with them.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #176 on: August 2, 2013, 12:21:39 pm »
Did it through BT for my SKY, they charged £13 PCM for both BT channels and both HD versions of said channels as well as ESPN HD

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #177 on: August 2, 2013, 12:23:44 pm »
Eeeeeeek:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQ5ALVaQlL0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oQ5ALVaQlL0</a>

I now have neither skin nor musculature; they are presently on the ceiling, shivering.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 2, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »
If you've got Sky can you get it by just hitting the red button?

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 2, 2013, 02:11:03 pm »
If you've got Sky can you get it by just hitting the red button?

No you have to sign up through the BT Sport website as they are doing their own billing.  You pay BT not Sky.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #180 on: August 2, 2013, 02:50:57 pm »
If you only have freeview and want to subscribe, their signup is not great. We upgraded the broadband last week and selected to subscribe. After initially selecting this, at no point does BTY tell you that you have got it. You go round and round the site and it keeps saying "You need a BT ID to subscribe, dont have one? Get your BT ID here." We had a BT ID, but it would not let us progress.

Needless to say it was very frustrating. Finally (thought) we had it sorted and I logged on last night and no joy, it said we hadnt subscribed. The missus just emailed them at lunch and the said they would turn it on for us. Hopefully, that'll be it, but not a great start so far.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 2, 2013, 02:51:30 pm »
I think it might fair slightly better than ESPN/ Setanta packages we've had in the past, mainly because of the first choice games and time slot.

ESPN just reminded me of Newcastle Vs Stoke matches at a time when people are either still travelling back from the footy, still at the pub after the footie or getting ready to go out. Games such as the Merseyside Derby and Chelsea v Spurs will be big draws and 12.30 is a much better time slot in my opinion.

The Saturday 12.45pm slot consistently rates the worst for football.

As well as the timeslot, BT has two main problems: 1) Sky controls the weeks in which BT gets to use its first picks, and 2) there are minimum and maximum quotas for the number of times each team must be shown, so they can't just go for Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea every week.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 2, 2013, 03:01:21 pm »
Quick question peoples. Got BT broadband but they said they'd install it on 20th and said we wouldn't get the sport channel untilthis was done. We can however watch the channel today so just wanted to know if anyone else is getting it too that hasn't had the broadband activated yet? I'd be really pissed if it comes on now but they stop showing it for the Liverpool-Stoke match.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 2, 2013, 03:09:29 pm »
No you have to sign up through the BT Sport website as they are doing their own billing.  You pay BT not Sky.
Ok thanks mate.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 2, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »
Quick question peoples. Got BT broadband but they said they'd install it on 20th and said we wouldn't get the sport channel untilthis was done. We can however watch the channel today so just wanted to know if anyone else is getting it too that hasn't had the broadband activated yet? I'd be really pissed if it comes on now but they stop showing it for the Liverpool-Stoke match.

Or for the Gerrard testimonial game tomorrow afternoon.

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 2, 2013, 03:43:27 pm »

Can you sign in to the BT Sport website with your BT ID?  If you can stream on a PC it would suggest that your subscription has been activated.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 2, 2013, 03:45:40 pm »
As well as the timeslot, BT has two main problems: 1) Sky controls the weeks in which BT gets to use its first picks, and 2) there are minimum and maximum quotas for the number of times each team must be shown, so they can't just go for Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea every week.

Point 1 may or may not be true but what I do know is that BT still have 13 first picks left for the whole of Dec til May. If Sky allowed that to happen then it was a very brave (possibly stupid) decision from them.

Surely point 2 also applies to Sky?

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 2, 2013, 03:47:51 pm »
This is bollocks I thought it was £10 a month if you had sky sports, say's £12 on the website and a £15 connection charge?

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #188 on: August 2, 2013, 04:24:33 pm »
This is bollocks I thought it was £10 a month if you had sky sports, say's £12 on the website and a £15 connection charge?

I know! I was in two minds but that £15 charge for sod all just enraged me and tipped me to the side of not getting it,

It's not a lot but its the principle for me, 'connection charge?' they managed to connect me and disconnect me yesterday for nowt without much bother

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #189 on: August 2, 2013, 04:59:35 pm »
£15 connection charge? Fuck Off

And what good is ESPN now by the way?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 2, 2013, 05:08:34 pm »
Read earlier that Virgin are in latter stages of negotiations to provide the package on Virgin Media.

For anyone who's arsed.

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2013/08/no_deal_yet_for_virgin_media_over_bt_sport/

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 2, 2013, 05:12:22 pm »
Point 1 may or may not be true but what I do know is that BT still have 13 first picks left for the whole of Dec til May. If Sky allowed that to happen then it was a very brave (possibly stupid) decision from them.

Surely point 2 also applies to Sky?

Sky have lots of first picks left too - I don't have the number to hand, but there's no way they've left BT in a position to boss things at the business end of the season.

Point 2 does apply to Sky as well, but because they've got more games to play with, it's less of an acute concern.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 2, 2013, 05:32:48 pm »
Not getting it. Will just stream games online and go to the pub for the Goodison Derby

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #193 on: August 2, 2013, 05:33:21 pm »
3 PL games of ours on BT Sport over the next 5 months, one of which at home so 2 I'd have to find somewhere to watch.

I either pay £62 in subs and £15 connection fee, or take the £77 and go the pub for the two games.

Easy decision.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 2, 2013, 07:53:20 pm »
Turns out I get this for free as I have BT Broadband, which is nice :)

I can either watch Gerrard's testimonial tomorrow on this or Lfctv..
The obvious choice would be our own channel, but I kinda wanna see what the BT coverage will be like.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #195 on: August 2, 2013, 07:55:10 pm »
Eeeeeeek:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQ5ALVaQlL0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oQ5ALVaQlL0</a>

I now have neither skin nor musculature; they are presently on the ceiling, shivering.

This feels like a disturbing insight into what it must be like having sex with Michael Owen.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 2, 2013, 09:41:59 pm »
Cant get the app to open. It says can not conect to internet.
mines a pint

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 2, 2013, 10:19:35 pm »
I got BT Infinity, how can I watch the channel/games?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 2, 2013, 10:38:56 pm »
Hmmm, I've got BT infinity so i think i should get this free.

When I go into my normal TV guide, I get BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 listed (Corinthians v Gremio listed at the moment), but when I select it I just get a "No CI Module" message on the screen.

I'm connected via wifi, and can access all the usual netfix etc

Any ideas?
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline macc

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: August 2, 2013, 10:51:20 pm »
Hmmm, I've got BT infinity so i think i should get this free.

When I go into my normal TV guide, I get BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 listed (Corinthians v Gremio listed at the moment), but when I select it I just get a "No CI Module" message on the screen.

I'm connected via wifi, and can access all the usual netfix etc

Any ideas?

BT Sport was an 'opt in' service, i dont think you would automatically get it.

Have you opted in on your BT account?
PSN - pmacc