Author Topic: Holiday 2020 (Now Cancelled due to Coronavirus) will we get away in 2021?  (Read 36440 times)

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Holiday 2020
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2020, 10:19:01 pm »
Ours just wants a sleepover in mum and dad's room with a movie on the iPad and a homemade McNasty's. Kids are ace. ;D

To go back to the days of life being that simple eh haha

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2020, 10:22:11 pm »
Had to fly back from New Zealand a week into our three week holiday. Managed to get out just before the lockdown. Looking to claim back about £2,500 from travel insurance but not holding out much hope.

Next two trips are meant to both be to Italy (Garda in May and Sardinia in August). Not expecting either of these to go ahead.

Last year we lost a holiday to Cuba as a result of Thomas Cook's collapse.

All in all it's been a bit of a kick in the bollocks really.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: April 1, 2020, 09:43:03 am »
That’s where we were supposed to be going too. 10 of us supposed to be going. Will go again next year instead.

We normally do Presthaven at Easter. Didn't book anything this year due to other holidays.

Fully expecting Majorca end of May to get cancelled, Mexico in October maybe will come off.

She's looking at Feb next year but its 100% payable if cancelled and at almost £5k I'm not taking the risk.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #203 on: April 1, 2020, 10:03:51 am »
We booked Tenerife in August with Jet 2. Certain we won’t be going but we’ve only paid a small deposit so far. If we cancel I assume we won’t get that back? If we sit tight and wait for them to cancel would we get it back? Do t want to get stung for the balance so think we’ll probably just cancel it soon, we’d only paid £280 I think.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: April 1, 2020, 10:50:55 am »
We booked Tenerife in August with Jet 2. Certain we won’t be going but we’ve only paid a small deposit so far. If we cancel I assume we won’t get that back? If we sit tight and wait for them to cancel would we get it back? Do t want to get stung for the balance so think we’ll probably just cancel it soon, we’d only paid £280 I think.
Just wait for them to cancel I think. They're only cancelling Spain flights upto the end of the month and they're looking to get back up and running on 1st May. Very small chance that happens considering the situation there. I'm also booked to go Barcelona with them in September, just going to wait and see what they do.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #205 on: April 1, 2020, 03:42:32 pm »
When in September?

Big festival on around the 24th.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 1, 2020, 03:49:26 pm »
When in September?

Big festival on around the 24th.
Won't be there thankfully, I'm going on the 9th.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #207 on: April 1, 2020, 04:10:58 pm »
Got flights booked with Easyjet for June. They are doing free date changes but wouldn't have a clue when to change to. One of the two of us is covered by insurance so I assume would get the money back for one set of flights. Trying to hang on in some vain hope it'll all be OK by then as don't know what to do for the best.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #208 on: April 1, 2020, 04:14:14 pm »
Won't be there thankfully, I'm going on the 9th.

Loads of stuff on, it's really good.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 1, 2020, 04:31:43 pm »
Got flights booked with Easyjet for June. They are doing free date changes but wouldn't have a clue when to change to. One of the two of us is covered by insurance so I assume would get the money back for one set of flights. Trying to hang on in some vain hope it'll all be OK by then as don't know what to do for the best.

Ours are with BA. Our holiday insurance should cover all of us, but I'd be quite prepared to push the holiday back to the same time 2021 if needed.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #210 on: April 7, 2020, 07:25:52 pm »
Jet 2 have announced that they are starting flights again from 17th June.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #211 on: April 8, 2020, 04:23:41 pm »
Jet 2 have announced that they are starting flights again from 17th June.

That's odd as the foreign office are still advising against all travel until further notice

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #212 on: April 8, 2020, 04:50:57 pm »
That's odd as the foreign office are still advising against all travel until further notice

I thought that as well. From the press resales it said flights were commencing on 17th June. Now considering that no one knows how corona will be by then, they could have to backtrack if things don’t improve.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #213 on: April 8, 2020, 05:28:18 pm »
I will go to the beach when this quarantine is over.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: April 8, 2020, 05:30:55 pm »
I will go to the beach when this quarantine is over.

I will go anywhere but the beach, it'll be mental. I just want to go for a drink and a meal locally.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 8, 2020, 05:43:11 pm »
I thought that as well. From the press resales it said flights were commencing on 17th June. Now considering that no one knows how corona will be by then, they could have to backtrack if things don’t improve.
If flights aren't up and running, they will backtrack and they'll refund or reschedule. But they (and others) have to try and get people booking holidays again, because the entire industry is weeks away from bankruptcy.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: April 8, 2020, 06:39:34 pm »
If they're offering date changes (with no fee, but new date may be more expensive), the safest may be to push back your dates, i.e. to defer your balance as long as possible.

Companies are under pressure to allow later balance payments (as no one knows whether July/August will be ok or not), but they're also desperate for the cash.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #217 on: April 9, 2020, 02:01:48 am »
I will go anywhere but the beach, it'll be mental. I just want to go for a drink and a meal locally.

I don't care, I need to swim in the sea!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #218 on: April 9, 2020, 02:24:12 pm »
If they're offering date changes (with no fee, but new date may be more expensive), the safest may be to push back your dates, i.e. to defer your balance as long as possible.

Companies are under pressure to allow later balance payments (as no one knows whether July/August will be ok or not), but they're also desperate for the cash.

Yeah will see. Ideal scenario would be to push back til next summer but doubt they’ll give that option. Will they even be around this time next year?!

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 9, 2020, 02:43:51 pm »
I don't care, I need to swim in the sea!

Plain to see you don't live on the Northumberland coast.

Word of advice for anyone who have package holidays booked with Easyjet or Jet2. Once you've paid the deposit with your credit or debit card, they'll use that card number again when the balance is due, without necessarily giving you a reminder notice. So if you're undecided about cancelling and waiting until the last minute to see how things are nearer the date of your holiday, you might find that they've beaten you to it, already put the transaction through and you've paid in full. Cancelling starts to get a whole lot trickier then.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #220 on: April 9, 2020, 02:48:52 pm »
Plain to see you don't live on the Northumberland coast.

Word of advice for anyone who have package holidays booked with Easyjet or Jet2. Once you've paid the deposit with your credit or debit card, they'll use that card number again when the balance is due, without necessarily giving you a reminder notice. So if you're undecided about cancelling and waiting until the last minute to see how things are nearer the date of your holiday, you might find that they've beaten you to it, already put the transaction through and you've paid in full. Cancelling starts to get a whole lot trickier then.

Yeah, for Jet2 you need to cancel 10 weeks before the flight.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 9, 2020, 02:55:27 pm »
Yeah will see. Ideal scenario would be to push back til next summer but doubt they’ll give that option. Will they even be around this time next year?!
Even if you accept a voucher/credit note, it's still ATOL protected (assuming your original package was). Jet2 are privately owned and have a much simpler business (more staff, simpler IT systems etc) than some of the bigger companies, because the owner is happy with decent profits rather than massive profits for shareholders. They'll probably need some government assistance, but furloughing should help them more than most. And governments don't want to see the entire travel sector go under...

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 9, 2020, 02:58:08 pm »
Yeah, for Jet2 you need to cancel 10 weeks before the flight.

I've got a holiday to Malta booked with Jet2. Departing 1st September. Some way off, but the way things are at the minute thinking about a holiday abroad is the last thing on my mind - and I guess everyone else. I'm going to wait until just before that 10th week and if I feel as I do now, I'm just going to cancel and waive the lost deposit money. Easier for me, because it's just the two of us and the deposit was only £60/each I think. More difficult for a family who've paid out considerably more in a deposit.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: April 9, 2020, 03:01:41 pm »
I've got a holiday to Malta booked with Jet2. Departing 1st September. Some way off, but the way things are at the minute thinking about a holiday abroad is the last thing on my mind - and I guess everyone else. I'm going to wait until just before that 10th week and if I feel as I do now, I'm just going to cancel and waive the lost deposit money. Easier for me, because it's just the two of us and the deposit was only £60/each I think. More difficult for a family who've paid out considerably more in a deposit.
One thing to watch out for - and I don't know if Jet2 do this, but others do - if you secured the booking with a 'low deposit' and then cancel, you may still owe the 'full deposit', which could be £250 or so per person. Should be in your T&Cs, cross referencing with their deposit rules, and it's not always obvious.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 9, 2020, 03:14:52 pm »
One thing to watch out for - and I don't know if Jet2 do this, but others do - if you secured the booking with a 'low deposit' and then cancel, you may still owe the 'full deposit', which could be £250 or so per person. Should be in your T&Cs, cross referencing with their deposit rules, and it's not always obvious.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into that.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: April 9, 2020, 04:44:24 pm »
My missus has already booked for Lanzarote for May 2021. Flights and hotel for 4 for under £940.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: April 9, 2020, 10:19:44 pm »
Flights to berlin next week cancelled , the outward bound one with easyJet for 8 of us cancelled last night , the homeward bound one with Ryanair cancelled last week . Got to speak to Ryanair without too much of a wait last week  on the phone as that’s the only way of getting a refund which was pretty clear in the online message though they Said up to 20 working days to reach my account .

EasyJet email just trying to guide you to rebook or a voucher no mention of refunds , delved deeper and finally get a number to call but just cutting you off after they tell you there busy . On there twitter feeds it says you have 12 months after cancellation to make a decision . Annoyed with easyJet as normally they do everything to avoid person to person contact and would normally charge as such .

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 9, 2020, 11:28:03 pm »
Flights to berlin next week cancelled , the outward bound one with easyJet for 8 of us cancelled last night , the homeward bound one with Ryanair cancelled last week . Got to speak to Ryanair without too much of a wait last week  on the phone as that’s the only way of getting a refund which was pretty clear in the online message though they Said up to 20 working days to reach my account .

EasyJet email just trying to guide you to rebook or a voucher no mention of refunds , delved deeper and finally get a number to call but just cutting you off after they tell you there busy . On there twitter feeds it says you have 12 months after cancellation to make a decision . Annoyed with easyJet as normally they do everything to avoid person to person contact and would normally charge as such .
https://simpleflying.com/eu-airline-ticket-refunds/

Cash reserves vs value of (to date) unrefunded tickets on cancelled flights. Ryanair's cash reserves are about double the value of sold tickets. Easyjet sold tickets are higher than their cash reserves.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2020, 01:14:05 pm »

Have you had any luck with your Easyjet refund? I had return flights to Malaga booked last week in March, which were cancelled mid March. I've tried repeatedly over the last 4 weeks to get through to their call centre without any success. I might be minded to change flights if their summer 2021 schedule was published, but changing for some other dates in the relative short term isn't appealing at all. Not when I've got other flights and holidays already booked.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2020, 08:01:53 pm »
We were in the middle of the Caribbean on a cruise when the virus lockdown started a month ago, so we spent two weeks floating around and were unable to dock anywhere after the first couple of days.

Sounds great to be lounging around for two weeks eating, drinking and reading, but it was incredibly boring and we obviously had big concerns about being allowed to come back to the UK. In the end we were the last cruise ship allowed to dock in Barbados and were ushered straight to the airport.

Turns out that some of the crew reported having the virus after we got home so we had to self isolate - I think that I might have had a mild dose as I had trouble breathing and tight feeling in the chest, but all good now.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2020, 10:26:57 am »
Have you had any luck with your Easyjet refund? I had return flights to Malaga booked last week in March, which were cancelled mid March. I've tried repeatedly over the last 4 weeks to get through to their call centre without any success. I might be minded to change flights if their summer 2021 schedule was published, but changing for some other dates in the relative short term isn't appealing at all. Not when I've got other flights and holidays already booked.

No I too tried to get through but gave up after a few attempts too as it wasn’t even a case of waiting in a queue just hung up on . It says you have after a cancellation 12 months for your cancelled flights to be sorted so will leave it a month or so then call for a refund . Though I use easyJet a fair bit I’m not  actually sure with all the uncertainty when we would all go away again so would prefer the cash back , have already had to accept a future cruise credit on our summer holiday so don’t want too much pressure to have to pick all sorts of holidays I may not need to go on .

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2020, 10:30:04 am »
We were due to go to Gran Canaria July 6th for a week, we've paid it all in monthly installments as it's protected. My girlfriend still thinks we have a chance but I've accepted it's not happening a long time ago. The plan is to reschedule it to October if possible but we should get our money back if that wont be possible.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2020, 09:02:49 am »
We were due to go to Gran Canaria July 6th for a week, we've paid it all in monthly installments as it's protected. My girlfriend still thinks we have a chance but I've accepted it's not happening a long time ago. The plan is to reschedule it to October if possible but we should get our money back if that wont be possible.

The Minister for Work in Spain has said that tourism industry might be down until Christmas, so October will probably be too soon to reschedule for if refunds will be impacted by it.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2020, 09:06:59 am »
We've knocked every trip planned on the head for 2020. Cape Verde sometime next year is for definite though. 2 weeks of doing nothing except eating and drinking is perfect for me

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2020, 11:05:09 am »
We've knocked every trip planned on the head for 2020. Cape Verde sometime next year is for definite though. 2 weeks of doing nothing except eating and drinking is perfect for me
If there are any holiday companies left to sell one.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2020, 04:24:42 pm »
The Minister for Work in Spain has said that tourism industry might be down until Christmas, so October will probably be too soon to reschedule for if refunds will be impacted by it.

We've been told by TUI now that we can either have credit of what we have paid for another holiday with them or a refund in cash but within 12 months of the holiday date...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2020, 04:28:13 pm »
We've been told by TUI now that we can either have credit of what we have paid for another holiday with them or a refund in cash but within 12 months of the holiday date...

Within 12 months is fucking ridiculous.

Did you pay on a credit card?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2020, 04:35:53 pm »
Within 12 months is fucking ridiculous.

Did you pay on a credit card?

Nope monthly installments via debit.

We will probably reschedule it for when it is safe to do, even if that's for the same time next year. Either way our money isn't 'lost'. Does seem a piss take though- I did suspect they were taking money to keep them afloat during this time knowing full well the holidays wouldn't go ahead.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2020, 05:39:30 pm »
The easy jet flight refund I posted earlier in the week about , managed to get onto an online form to claim your refund . Well hidden so you struggle to find it but filled it in then it says we will arrange it for you contact us only in 90 days if we haven’t come back to you , asks for your email and booking number etc but no email off them confirming they have it

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2020, 06:52:57 pm »

It's a credit for a holiday with a 20% discount (if you book a package).

I think the 12 months cash refund is badly worded - as far as I know, the 12 months thing is that you can refund a rebooked holiday within that 12 months.

If and when travel for May/June/July is 'formally' impossible due to FCO advice/local lockdowns and TUI formally cancels travel, you are still entitled to a refund - officially, still within 14 days but ABTA are trying to get that suspended for COVID-19 (companies have neither the staff or the cash to process all refunds that quickly).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 07:01:47 pm by redmark »