Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1046399 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #15040 on: May 16, 2020, 07:37:32 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good security light to install outdoors? Mine lasts about three seconds before it turns off. I've seen some that you can remote control and even change colour but don't want to buy some cheap crap that breaks after a year.
The motion-sensitive ones usually have two settings on them, even the basic ones, a turn-screw thingie in two places. One is for sensitivity, the other for time. Are you sure yours doesn't have that?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15041 on: May 16, 2020, 08:35:50 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good security light to install outdoors? Mine lasts about three seconds before it turns off. I've seen some that you can remote control and even change colour but don't want to buy some cheap crap that breaks after a year.

Why isn't it "outstall outdoors?"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15042 on: May 16, 2020, 08:36:56 pm »
Mine lasts about three seconds before it turns off.

I imagine your missus says that about you.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15043 on: May 16, 2020, 08:47:48 pm »
Hello Jake mate, try turning it on and off three times quickly and it might stay on, providing you leave it in the on position.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15044 on: May 16, 2020, 08:50:21 pm »
Hello Jake mate, try turning it on and off three times quickly and it might stay on, providing you leave it in the on position.

Another comment from Jake's missus...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15045 on: May 16, 2020, 09:13:16 pm »
Another comment from Jake's missus...
Along with, "......at least until the batteries run out!"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15046 on: May 16, 2020, 09:54:59 pm »
You'll all be pleased to hear my engagement ended about 8 weeks ago ya bastids ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15047 on: May 16, 2020, 10:11:30 pm »
You'll all be pleased to hear my engagement ended about 8 weeks ago ya bastids ;D
Ffffffuck - is that why you need the security light?! :o

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15048 on: May 16, 2020, 10:30:16 pm »
Haha no. Just thinking of some projects to do on the house is all mate.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15049 on: May 17, 2020, 07:44:01 am »
^ ^ ^
Did you try that Jake? It works with mine.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #15050 on: May 17, 2020, 08:48:17 am »
^ ^ ^
Did you try that Jake? It works with mine.

Aye mate I think yours is better than mine, I can run around like Mo Farah and it'll still turn off every fiv seconds.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #15051 on: May 17, 2020, 09:57:30 am »
That last bit could be in your favour then mate. 

If they delivered it early without letting you know they took the risk that you would actually receive it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Unless you have given them consent to just put the parcel on your doorstep it's their problem in my view and I would imagine that they will either give you a refund or offer to send you the order again. From what I've read on the internet they seem to be rather chilled with stuff like that and most of the time decide in favour of the customer. I ordered a couple of shirts once and one of them was too small so I wanted to send it back. They granted my refund and at the same time they informed me that I don't have to send it back.

So here is the update on this.

Amazon wrote back saying that the goods were not delivered and that the delivery is incomplete. They had to take it back. I am half mind to write them an expletive loaded email. There was no email. There was no information. There was no one of those "Sorry we missed you on the delivery. We will attempt the delivery again on...." postcards.

The delivery will happen this Tuesday. And they are offering me a €10 gift voucher.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15052 on: May 17, 2020, 10:08:17 am »

Amazon wrote back saying that the goods were not delivered and that the delivery is incomplete. They had to take it back. I am half mind to write them an expletive loaded email. There was no email. There was no information. There was no one of those "Sorry we missed you on the delivery. We will attempt the delivery again on...." postcards.

The delivery will happen this Tuesday. And they are offering me a €10 gift voucher.
That's a bit half hearted customer service. 

You've got a bit of compo but they forgot the most basic communication of we couldn't deliver sorry when is it convenient for us to try again.

I'd give them both barrels for the pain in arse of thinking it's been stolen, contacting the police and having to write to them to find out what happens next.

But that's just me [emoji16]

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15053 on: May 17, 2020, 10:15:06 am »
So it was delivered..but not delivered.

Is there a chance Boris was helping out on the day?

Take the tenner..wouldn't waste my time writing an email nobody will be arsed with.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15054 on: May 17, 2020, 10:26:54 am »
Yeah take the tenner.

To be honest, with the lockdown we've all been battering the fuck out of Amazon, so it's likely things at their end will break, local to me, on most of the amazon delivery cars you can see the holder were normally the taxi plate is located, so you've got drivers who won't be arsed with the niceties and will not communicate correctly.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15055 on: May 17, 2020, 11:35:33 am »

Sounds fishy.

I think whoever dealt with this either couldn't be arsed tracing it, so called up the last email they used, changed it to your name and got you a new delivery.

Might be that there were more issues with that delivery guy, and its easier for them to just replace it.

Why would the delivery driver do all the work of walking up to your apartment, take a picture, and then take it back? They wouldn't have known to take it back. They either nicked it, or someone else did.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #15056 on: May 17, 2020, 01:43:43 pm »

Sounds fishy.

I think whoever dealt with this either couldn't be arsed tracing it, so called up the last email they used, changed it to your name and got you a new delivery.

Might be that there were more issues with that delivery guy, and its easier for them to just replace it.

Why would the delivery driver do all the work of walking up to your apartment, take a picture, and then take it back? They wouldn't have known to take it back. They either nicked it, or someone else did.

It might just be that the driver tried to be nice or cut some corners on his own with the leaving the parcel there and taking a picture, which he probably isn't supposed to do as it puts the liabilty on Amazon, if something happens to the parcel (which seem it did). However, they probably don't want to say something like "Our driver fucked up" and therefore went this way of saying "Yeah, it hasn't been delivered and will be delivered on Tuesday". I'd take the voucher and be done with it, because at the end of the day you get your item and have a nice 10 quid as well.

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15057 on: May 17, 2020, 05:34:29 pm »
So it was delivered..but not delivered.

Is there a chance Boris was helping out on the day?

Take the tenner..wouldn't waste my time writing an email nobody will be arsed with.
Delivery without delivery you say? Surely that must mean the driver was an Evertonian.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #15058 on: May 17, 2020, 08:45:49 pm »
As some of the lads on here who play Soccer Manager know I had an accident on Thursday night with a very sharp knife and a finger.

Being a good Catholic Sunday is bath day and my first since the accident.

My question is.

How do you wash your right arm pit with soap with your right hand ?

It sounds more like a Zen Koan like what's the sound of one hand clapping or something but it's a genuine question .

So then.... how ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15059 on: May 17, 2020, 08:53:33 pm »
As some of the lads on here who play Soccer Manager know I had an accident on Thursday night with a very sharp knife and a finger.

My question is.

It sounds more like a Zen Koan like what's the sound of one hand clapping or something but it's a genuine question .

So then.... how ?

If you're not in the bathtub and the soap falls over, does it make a sound?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15060 on: May 17, 2020, 09:02:50 pm »
There's certainly a sound if you bend over to pick it up in jail.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15061 on: May 17, 2020, 09:09:29 pm »

Not if it lands on the already fallen sponge.

;)

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15062 on: May 17, 2020, 11:00:33 pm »

My question is.

So then.... how ?

Have you had your bath? How did it go?

Right armpit, not sure how that's a problem. Right elbow, now that is a different issue.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15063 on: May 17, 2020, 11:34:31 pm »
Have you had your bath? How did it go?

Right armpit, not sure how that's a problem. Right elbow, now that is a different issue.

Right elbow is not a problem. Soap in mouth and learn forward and do what you can or balance the soap on your knee or thigh  then gently place your elbow on it and then let the soap fall into the water then rub your right elbow on your knee or thigh. Me mate has come up with this for the armpit. Place the soap in the armpit then submerge it then squish around for a bit . Not a bad way to do it being honest. It sounds like fun too.

* Edit *

It's just come to me.

Get them big things we use to turn the meat on a barbecue then put the soap in one end. Place the other end in your other palm and use the two fingers  and thumb that aren't strapped to grip it with and hope for the best .
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:40:47 pm by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #15064 on: May 18, 2020, 08:49:14 am »
So an update today morning from the Amazon debacle.

Amazon representatives from their own logistical center called and apologised for the confusion. They said that the photo strategy is from the Amazon's new "no physical contact with the customer" during the pandemic. This excludes all forms of signatures - paper form and digital. And as a way to ensure that the package is rightfully delivered, they take a photo as an evidence, which is then mailed to the customer. But it only happens if the customer isnt at home to receive the package. Which is what happened last week.

But sometimes the driver has the option of taking it back with them. In which case, the system is supposed to send an email saying that the delivery was attempted but not completed. But this system is relatively new and there are still some bugs in their softwares. They are reporting new bugs everyday and applying new updates every day that they are slowly ironing out the bugs. Basically a software glitch from their side.

They offered me an additional €20 euros voucher and 25% discount on the botched delivery. So now I have €30 worth of voucher and I get €20 off on the delivery. Delivery is slated for tomorrow and its confirmed.

What I found weird was that the decision lies with the driver. I am not a supply chain or logistic expert by any means but that seems very odd that the driver gets to spontaneously decide if the package has to be left at the doorstep or if the package has to be taken back.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #15065 on: May 18, 2020, 08:59:32 am »

My question is.

So then.... how ?

Soap On A Rope, simply hold the rope in left hand and repeatedly swing it into right armpit.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15066 on: May 18, 2020, 10:36:01 am »
So an update today morning from the Amazon debacle.

Amazon representatives from their own logistical center called and apologised for the confusion.

They offered me an additional €20 euros voucher and 25% discount on the botched delivery. So now I have €30 worth of voucher and I get €20 off on the delivery. Delivery is slated for tomorrow and its confirmed.

What I found weird was that the decision lies with the driver. I am not a supply chain or logistic expert by any means but that seems very odd that the driver gets to spontaneously decide if the package has to be left at the doorstep or if the package has to be taken back.
Nice of them to call, explain the situation, and give you a few extra bob  :)
The driver discretion is a good thing really.
Say he see's a couple of shifty lads hanging around; there's no way he'd leave it on your doorstep or hide it behind a bin.
Take it back and arrange a different date to deliver it would be the best option.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15067 on: May 18, 2020, 12:00:25 pm »
Here's another one

Tu voyages avec ton père? or

Voyagez-vous avec votre père?

Top one is how duolingo say it should be but my instinct was the bottom one from school.

Are they both right and if so does it matter?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15068 on: May 18, 2020, 12:03:21 pm »
Here's another one

Top one is how duolingo say it should be but my instinct was the bottom one from school.

I’m going back to schooldays too here but I would say they’re both correct. Your way definitely makes it clear you’re asking a question. The first one is all about how you say it, as without the question mark it could just be a statement.

The whole tu and vous thing is a separate issue, isn’t that to do with how formal you’re being or how well you know someone (you might say vous  to be more polite I think). Not had a French lesson since 1996 though so you might want a second opinion!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15069 on: May 18, 2020, 12:07:55 pm »
Here's another one

What Nick said.

The "Tu voyages...?" form is informal (using 'tu') and the question is then implied through inflection. Strictly speaking, it should follow the same hyphenated and reversed format, i.e. "Voyages-tu avec ton père?"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15070 on: May 18, 2020, 12:08:41 pm »
I’m going back to schooldays too here but I would say they’re both correct. Your way definitely makes it clear you’re asking a question. The first one is all about how you say it, as without the question mark it could just be a statement.

The whole tu and vous thing is a separate issue, isn’t that to do with how formal you’re being or how well you know someone (you might say vous  to be more polite I think). Not had a French lesson since 1996 though so you might want a second opinion!
Agreed with you there about the formal and informal stuff so thanks for confirming ish that both are acceptable.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15071 on: May 18, 2020, 12:09:41 pm »
What Nick said.

The "Tu voyages...?" form is informal (using 'tu') and the question is then implied through inflection. Strictly speaking, it should follow the same hyphenated and reversed format, i.e. "Voyages-tu avec ton père?"
Fab, thanks.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15072 on: May 18, 2020, 12:14:48 pm »
Fab, thanks.
You asking for ice-creams or signing off from Thunderbirds Are Go?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15073 on: May 18, 2020, 12:21:18 pm »
You asking for ice-creams or signing off from Thunderbirds Are Go?

Wow do they still make the ice creams??

I'll do a Virgil and sign off  [emoji12]

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15074 on: May 18, 2020, 02:21:28 pm »

I think that makes sense. If they see somewhere it can be safely left then they’ll do so, if not they can decide to take it back and rearrange delivery.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15075 on: May 18, 2020, 10:42:46 pm »
Here's another one

Both are wrong as the spelling is incorrect . Not the tu or vous bit. My French is average but I've got a French lad living in ours at the minute and I showed him before and he just laughed at both.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15076 on: May 19, 2020, 09:31:49 am »
Both are spelled correctly. Your flatmate is likely laughing at the rudimentary phraseology, not the spelling. Often when we're learning a new language, we're given overly-simplistic (or even utterly bizarre) phrases, just to practise vocabulary and grammar. Think Eddie Izzard's "le singe est sur la branche" sketch.

I also ran the two phrases past a French friend - response, "Can't see anything wrong."

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15077 on: May 19, 2020, 11:01:33 am »
Every language has dialects which changes the use of words or even have their own words never used in other parts of the country.

As a Lancashire Scouse Yorkshire lass it's confusing as hell [emoji12]

I'd imagine a foreign student learning English in Liverpool would get laughed at using their Scouse English in London or the south west and vice versa.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15078 on: May 19, 2020, 11:14:30 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x1sQkEfAdfY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x1sQkEfAdfY</a>

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15079 on: May 19, 2020, 11:25:15 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x1sQkEfAdfY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x1sQkEfAdfY</a>
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]