Author Topic: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00  (Read 57669 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Pre Match Thread - Liverpool vs. Burnley - Sun 12th Mar - 16:00
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2017, 06:16:02 pm »
I don't want just a win here. I want an absolute thrashing where Klopp goes mental celebrating our 4th goal right in front of Dyche.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2017, 07:44:46 pm »
I don't want just a win here. I want an absolute thrashing where Klopp goes mental celebrating our 4th goal right in front of Dyche.

That's exactly what we need, a confidence building performance.  Such a big thing has been made about our problems beating teams in the bottom half, that it may now actually be a psychological factor for the players.  A good win here could be the start of a strong finish in the league, it's massive.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #243 on: March 10, 2017, 09:17:17 pm »
I really like Firmino, but I am not hesitant at all to say that I would personally have gone with Origi over him in a game like this. You need a proper striker on the pitch. He's better at attacking balls in the air and quicker than Firmino. We cannot go in to this game with the same approach we have recently against bus parkers. What is going to trouble them is pace and width. We're not going to go through their midfield because they won't play though our midfield. Looking back at some of their visits to City and Arsenal they haven't coped well with direct pace.

Firmino in the City game, yes. We need him there. Hope he recovers in time for that.
YWNA

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: March 10, 2017, 09:27:34 pm »

Predicted Starting Eleven

[/center]

So sounds like Milner at left back, Klavan will continue to deputise for Lovren and Origi in place of the injured Bobby F.

So just the one change from the Arsenal game. Think we'll smash this!

very close - impressive :D

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2017, 10:00:53 pm »
Klopp said to beat these we need an early goal! If we start off the blocks fast we can beat these, it's when we start slow there's a problem

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2017, 10:37:39 pm »
Thanks. Bit of an arrogant git. Also never trust a man who refers to himself in third person.

he is an absolute twat. i hope we ram it down his hoarse throat on sunday. his comments after their win over us were laughable. just the next useless british manager who can only win by playing negatively.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2017, 12:10:03 am »
I hope Bobby is back for City, we will need him massively against them.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2017, 12:15:16 am »
I hope Bobby is back for City, we will need him massively against them.

Probably will be, he's just a doubt for the Burnley game so might even still make it for Sunday.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2017, 12:28:56 am »
2 points won away from home all season
Not won a single away game

Welcome to Anfield!

Sounds like a total recipe for disaster this game given our record this season against the dross in the league

Fully expect us to turn them over 5-0 mind!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #250 on: March 11, 2017, 12:53:48 am »
I remember how they beat us last August - soak up pressure and beat us on the counter with strong physical play that our centre-halves couldn't cope. Our defenders were literally bullied to look like KS1 boys which was embarrassing.

I don't care how we beat them, let's not get intimidated by their physical and dirty play.. Smash and kick the face of Barton if you really have to. No, smash him even if you don't need to.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2017, 08:06:56 am »
Let's do this...

Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2017, 01:35:10 pm »
Klopp said to beat these we need an early goal! If we start off the blocks fast we can beat these, it's when we start slow there's a problem

I really hope we do score early to open them up. I hope that Milner plays really well and puts them under pressure...and shuts up critics of his play...like me.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2017, 02:30:36 pm »
I'd really rather see Moreno play for this one. We all know what's coming- 10 men behind the ball and grey up front is strong and really fast.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: March 11, 2017, 03:11:41 pm »
We have to start aggressively, we're too passive  in matches like this at the start, and by the time we get any urgency and quick movement and passing, we're a goal down.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: March 11, 2017, 05:51:05 pm »
he is an absolute twat. i hope we ram it down his hoarse throat on sunday. his comments after their win over us were laughable. just the next useless british manager who can only win by playing negatively.

And he's a ginger
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »
We have to start aggressively, we're too passive in matches like this at the start, and by the time we get any urgency and quick movement and passing, we're a goal down.

Yep. I agree.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »
When we were battering teams earlier in the season, we often didn't get of to a flier then...

We often took 15 minutes to get going..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2017, 03:08:15 am »
An abysmal start to the year has left us with very little margin for error in the run-in. Can't afford dropping points to these lot!
Come one redmen! Let's twat these twats!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: March 12, 2017, 07:57:31 am »
with origi starting i guess it disrupt the dynamics of usual front three.

lets just hope they are in sync and mane and coutinho adapt to having a centre forward instead of a roving no 9 like firmino.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 12, 2017, 09:26:53 am »
I'd start Moreno for this. Think we might need to cross more, and doubt we will do much defending. Milner's not been great at attacking defensive teams.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #261 on: March 12, 2017, 09:45:17 am »
Really fancy this one today. The benefits of not playing too much and Klopp's opportunity for intensive coaching will kick in and if the reports that Origi is in for this one are true, then I'll feel even more confident because playing all that beautiful football and having the lions share of possession means nothing without three points and Divock is going to batter them to submission. Of course he's more than capable of playing it nice too, so I'm hoping for some showboating when we're three up.

Feeling lucky too. My fiver has gone on Origi to score a hattie at 30/1. Probably won't pay out but I know he'll get at least three good chances.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #262 on: March 12, 2017, 09:58:33 am »
I don't believe in hoodoo or curses about "lower" teams that's arrogant anyway.

When our boys pull on the red shirt a performance should arise

I fancy this today! COME ON, RED MEN!!

YNWA

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5_LQArLa0</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNxDKLzs0zU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNxDKLzs0zU</a>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:05:06 am by ToneLa »

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2017, 10:51:52 am »
Early goal does seem pretty vital for this - crowd will become restless otherwise, and it'll force them to at least attempt to play football.

I'd take a tetchy 1-0 but as others have said, an absolute thrashing would really spur us on for the remainder of the season.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #264 on: March 12, 2017, 11:40:15 am »
I really hope we do score early to open them up. I hope that Milner plays really well and puts them under pressure...and shuts up critics of his play...like me.
I hope we don't score early. We need to start believing we can win games anytime. I want it to get to the last 15 mins at 0-0 and then we smash them 6-0.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2017, 12:47:38 pm »
Today is so slow!

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #266 on: March 12, 2017, 01:16:16 pm »
We need a win today mainly because our top 4 finish is starting to look a bit precarious!

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #267 on: March 12, 2017, 01:17:53 pm »
No doubt they will "park the bus" and try to hit us on the break.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #268 on: March 12, 2017, 01:27:49 pm »
Hopefully we can grab an early goal and build from there. We could do without getting to half time going in 0-0 and we could find ourselves in trouble if we concede the first goal. Confident we can do these though, and we really should be.

Up the fucking reds!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:36 pm »
Ben Woodburn should start. Or Origi. Just someone to make us less predictable please.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2017, 01:44:55 pm »
Thanks for the OP Titi mate, appreciated.

This will be a tough game, irrespective of the team a 4 o'clock ko will favour us as opposed to a 12 o'clock ko. That's the most logical reason why I predict a win for the Reds :)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2017, 02:02:47 pm »
When we were battering teams earlier in the season, we often didn't get of to a flier then...

We often took 15 minutes to get going..

Agreed but is also about the relative amount of energy each team expends. Stoke is a good example they absolutely destroyed themselves in the first half whilst we were in first or second gear. Our problem tends to come when teams drop off stay in their defensive slots and it is us who expends energy trying to break them down.

We need to move the ball quickly, move them about keep probing and not expend energy attempting to counter press and then scrambling back when they go long.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2017, 02:07:29 pm »
No doubt they will "park the bus" and try to hit us on the break.

Probably. The only reason they will take the game to us at Anfield is a surprise tactic that would backfire.

Hope we have been training on what the master tacticians of the game call 'when a bus is parked, slash the bloody tyres...'
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 02:09:15 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #273 on: March 12, 2017, 02:38:47 pm »
Can't wait for this. I want a nice comfortable win against a shit team for once.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2017, 02:55:30 pm »
Hope we have been training on what the master tacticians of the game call 'when a bus is parked, slash the bloody tyres...'

But, wouldn't it be more difficult to move the bus out of the way if the tyres are slashed?
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 12, 2017, 02:59:21 pm »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #276 on: March 12, 2017, 02:59:34 pm »
LFC XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Klavan, Milner, Wijnaldum, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Mane, Origi
Subs: Karius, Moreno, Lucas, Wilson, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Woodburn

https://twitter.com/LFC

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #277 on: March 12, 2017, 03:00:14 pm »
Good god the bench is light...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Eliit

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: March 12, 2017, 03:01:18 pm »
That bench is... youthful. No Lovren either.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: March 12, 2017, 03:02:08 pm »
Good god the bench is light...

It is, but it shouldn't be much of a surprise mate.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”