Author Topic: Mass Mailing Software  (Read 785 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mass Mailing Software
« on: June 4, 2020, 12:13:14 pm »
Can anyone recommend a mass mailing software that will be able to help with a task I need to complete in work?

Basically, we are generating PDFs which are unique to each individual. The PDF must then be emailed to that individual. A generic body of text will be added to the email which is the same body of text for all individuals.

I'm looking at somewhere around 600 individuals with 600 unique PDFs.

I will have a master data schedule which will contain a unique ID for the individual, their details and the name of the PDF to be attached.

For example:

UNIQUE ID    CUSTOMER NAME    CUSTOMER ADDRESS    CUSTOMER EMAIL    PDF NAME
AD-1234       Mr. Salah                1 Anfield Road                mo@lfc.com           AD-1234.pdf
....                ....                         ....                                ....                         ....

What I'd like it some software which can:

(a) Compose an email to each individual
(b) Add a body of text (which will be generic to all individuals)
(c) Attach the PDF which will be unique to that individual
(d) Send the email

Repeating 600 times.

Any suggestions good minds of RAWK?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mass Mailing Software
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2020, 07:40:41 pm »
Never done it myself but I think you can do all of that with a mail merge, if you have Office. They use that at my work for this purpose.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-mail-merge-for-bulk-email-letters-labels-and-envelopes-f488ed5b-b849-4c11-9cff-932c49474705

EDIT: Actually not sure if you can do the individual PDF attachment with it.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2020, 07:42:53 pm by Just Elmo? »

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Mass Mailing Software
« Reply #2 on: June 5, 2020, 07:32:30 am »
I think there might be plugins for Word that let you do it but I've not investigated them.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?