Author Topic: League cup draw  (Read 155730 times)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: League cup draw
« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2015, 07:06:21 pm »
Haha now you mention it, it does imply you need to have attended a match in all three seasons

Surely not though. It must be one game in any of the seasons mentoned

you'd think any of the seasons..

Could they not just say any game before the draw date!!!

Unless the Carlisle fans were psychic  then that would solve the issue.

If i renew the membership now i could buy one. i just don't want to as cant make many games this season. Europa League and league cup were my games and i will get Europa having been to all European games recently.

Will see what happens tomorrow but if i cant buy one its a bit of a farce!

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2015, 07:11:05 pm »
you'd think any of the seasons..

Could they not just say any game before the draw date!!!

Unless the Carlisle fans were psychic  then that would solve the issue.

If i renew the membership now i could buy one. i just don't want to as cant make many games this season. Europa League and league cup were my games and i will get Europa having been to all European games recently.

Will see what happens tomorrow but if i cant buy one its a bit of a farce!

See the last page it's been changed.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:14:02 pm by Mad Max »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »
See that last page it's been changed.

yes believe so but as discussed with Swoopy above 3 posts it still implies needing to have a purchase for each of the last three seasons, NOT any of the last three seasons

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2015, 07:16:34 pm »
Madness if you've got to have a ticket from all 3 seasons.

Ah yes, I'm sure all those Carlisle supporters flocked to Anfield last season too at least once ::)

Surely any game prior to the draw being made would be sufficient?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2015, 07:18:38 pm »
Madness if you've got to have a ticket from all 3 seasons.

Ah yes, I'm sure all those Carlisle supporters flocked to Anfield last season too at least once ::)

Surely any game prior to the draw being made would be sufficient?

agree with you. Not like its easy to ring up now either. Will be a computer says no moment.

it'll change again. cant be many wanting to buy  who haven't already.

i still think if a Carlisle fan logged on now and bought the light membership they'd be able to buy a ticket so its all pointless anyway

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2015, 07:23:44 pm »
We've only had two home games this season. What if you were on holiday and missed them both? Tough shit, you're aren't going to watch Liverpool play the mighty Bournemouth.

They'll definitely drop it again when the realise how stupid it is

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2015, 07:35:47 pm »
For what it's worth, I think they have just used poor English and mean any game in the last three seasons.  Will be trying for two tomorrow with a membership and a normal fancard with one purchase logged for last season.  I will find out then I suppose!
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2015, 07:38:11 pm »
For what it's worth, I think they have just used poor English and mean any game in the last three seasons.  Will be trying for two tomorrow with a membership and a normal fancard with one purchase logged for last season.  I will find out then I suppose!

It will be any 1 game in the last three seasons.

Offline Benjiman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »
I wanted to buy two on friends fancards who haven't been since 2010. Now I won't be able to. I'm pretty sure last season's game against Middlesbrough wasn't a sell out. So why should this game be any different. Any purchase history would have been sufficient.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2015, 08:42:07 pm »
I wanted to buy two on friends fancards who haven't been since 2010. Now I won't be able to. I'm pretty sure last season's game against Middlesbrough wasn't a sell out. So why should this game be any different. Any purchase history would have been sufficient.

Probably because our wonderful ticket software wouldn't be able to cope with that. It's probably straining at the seams having to cope with three season's worth of matches

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2015, 09:32:50 pm »
If I got 1 game from last year that I bought through the membership card can I buy tomorrow 1 ticket for me plus 2 junior on general sale. This year I haven't got the membership. Thanks!

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2015, 10:27:15 am »
It will be any 1 game in the last three seasons.

The bloke I spoke to at the TO yesterday said it was one game from each of the past 3 seasons. He also said that might change, but it's primarily aimed at preventing Carlisle fans getting into the home end. Which of course won't work, because it'll go to general sale to get them filled and they'll snap them up no problem.

Anyway, bit the bullet, swallowed my pride and took the hit on a light membership for the brother. Boom, two in the Kop as easy as you like thank you very much. It might just encourage us to go a bit more often, especially at £17 a stub. I'm not saying that living in Scotland has made me tight ;), but if it means it's easier to sort shit like this out then I guess it's one-nil to the club on this one. Can't be arsed with having any more stress in my life at the moment, in's in and I'm looking forward to a long-overdue trip down the road. I just hope his fucking membership card arrives on time because they ain't sending paper tickets out by the looks of the confirmation email.

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2015, 01:10:54 pm »
Just booked two - one on a membership and one on a fancard with the only credit from last season.  Therefore it appears that you needed a credit from any of the last three seasons and not from all of the last three seasons. 
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2015, 01:14:22 pm »
Good. Bet a lot don't even try though as it's poorly worded!
We are a team of one half.

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2015, 01:20:39 pm »
The bloke I spoke to at the TO yesterday said it was one game from each of the past 3 seasons. He also said that might change, but it's primarily aimed at preventing Carlisle fans getting into the home end. Which of course won't work, because it'll go to general sale to get them filled and they'll snap them up no problem.

Anyway, bit the bullet, swallowed my pride and took the hit on a light membership for the brother. Boom, two in the Kop as easy as you like thank you very much. It might just encourage us to go a bit more often, especially at £17 a stub. I'm not saying that living in Scotland has made me tight ;), but if it means it's easier to sort shit like this out then I guess it's one-nil to the club on this one. Can't be arsed with having any more stress in my life at the moment, in's in and I'm looking forward to a long-overdue trip down the road. I just hope his fucking membership card arrives on time because they ain't sending paper tickets out by the looks of the confirmation email.

Absolutely no need to have done that. It's letting me allocate 4 tickets to 1 fancard now (as I expected it would do)... So it was never going to be 1 tickets per card. They probably wanted to sell you the membership more than anything.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2015, 01:28:27 pm »
Absolutely no need to have done that. It's letting me allocate 4 tickets to 1 fancard now (as I expected it would do)... So it was never going to be 1 tickets per card. They probably wanted to sell you the membership more than anything.

I think you've just hit the nail on the head there. Well I guess that wins me the prize for most gullible fuckwit of the week. Just checked it, I am mad, think I'm going to just put this one down to experience, forget it ever happened... A cautionary tale to all :no

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2015, 02:34:43 pm »
Well tried on the off chance to buy 2 adult and 1 child, and it worked, didn't think it would as i purchased a ticket yesterday. Farce all round, but what do we expect from these clueless muppets. Quick question, how do i go about returning the ticket i bought yesterday? Or do you think i can get away with giving it to someone?

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2015, 02:37:24 pm »
So I presume if you buy more than 1 ticket on a membership card you'll get paper tickets??

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2015, 02:39:35 pm »
So I presume if you buy more than 1 ticket on a membership card you'll get paper tickets??
yes paper tickets are issued

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2015, 02:39:47 pm »
Cheers

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2015, 02:47:29 pm »
no probs :)

Offline stevesteve

• Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2015, 02:58:06 pm »
Good to no as I was waiting for the genral as my mate needs one

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2015, 04:12:52 pm »
glad it was just piss poor wording and we can buy a ticket

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2015, 09:49:28 am »
Still plenty of tickets on sale for this match.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2015, 09:35:23 am »
General sale now and no mention of having to of attended any previous liverpool games anymore.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2015, 10:18:38 am »
General sale now and no mention of having to of attended any previous liverpool games anymore.

They should have put them on general sale sooner.

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2015, 01:50:32 pm »
Shame they couldn't have held back a section of the annie road upper and now given them to carlisle as doesn't look like its gunna sell out

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2015, 03:36:24 pm »
people who tend to not go the game every week won't probably be aware of the changes to the general sale...

they've made a bit of a pigs ear out of this sale. there are loads left

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2015, 04:34:57 pm »
people who tend to not go the game every week won't probably be aware of the changes to the general sale...

they've made a bit of a pigs ear out of this sale. there are loads left

shambles - they must have realised the game would struggle to sell out as soon as the draw was made. they then did the auto tickets scheme tickets and presumably had sold tickets dotted around the stadium not giving themselves the flexibility of giving Carlisle more.

Sounds like Carlisle could have sold the whole Anfield road end.

They will still end up with Carlisle fans in the home end now they have relaxed the rules.

All a total farce really.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2015, 04:40:54 pm »
shambles - they must have realised the game would struggle to sell out as soon as the draw was made. they then did the auto tickets scheme tickets and presumably had sold tickets dotted around the stadium not giving themselves the flexibility of giving Carlisle more.

Sounds like Carlisle could have sold the whole Anfield road end.

They will still end up with Carlisle fans in the home end now they have relaxed the rules.

All a total farce really.

Same as every ticket sale lately.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »
Chatting to a Carlisle fan in a football facebook group he said a lot of Carlisle fans support Liverpool as their prem team so not beyond possibility some of them have a purchase history anyway!

As long as they don't go too mad if they score and keep themselves to themselves leave them be. In future there should be no autocup in all Anny Road.

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2015, 09:21:50 pm »
Any STH who are on autocup sitting in a different seat had their tickets through yet for this? Said printed for a few days but had nothing through the door yet.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2015, 10:39:23 pm »
Any STH who are on autocup sitting in a different seat had their tickets through yet for this? Said printed for a few days but had nothing through the door yet.

Yes. My season-ticket seat is in the Lower Centenary Stand but my Auto Cup seat is in the Kop and I received that ticket on Friday of last week for the Carlisle match.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:45:38 pm by kriss »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2015, 12:17:42 am »
Will end up with several hundred Carlisle fans around the ground, something I don't have a problem with as long as they keep it in proportion. Amazed that they didn't get the Upper Rd end too.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:20:22 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2015, 07:10:32 am »
.......... In future there should be no autocup in all Anny Road.

They gave Chelsea half the Upper ARE for the semi last year and moved all the autocup seats into 127 so it's possible if they want to do it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:12:09 am by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2015, 08:06:08 am »
They have already given CUFC more than they needed too (only needed 10%) and can you imagine the chaos on here if they had given another couple of thousand tickets away, more than needed and LFC fans didn't get a ticket.

It would have made the Echo.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2015, 08:34:51 am »
I know a lot of carlisle fans who regularly come down to anfield so no doubt they'll be buying extra tickets for friends now. Most carlisle fans are well natured so shouldn't be any issues. I've been asked to get some for friends using my membership. Bit of a shame as they would have easily sold the upper anny as well, maybe then it would be closer to a sell out.

Didn't Oldham have the whole of the anfield road end a couple of years ago in the fa cup?

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2015, 09:29:20 am »
I know a lot of carlisle fans who regularly come down to anfield so no doubt they'll be buying extra tickets for friends now. Most carlisle fans are well natured so shouldn't be any issues. I've been asked to get some for friends using my membership. Bit of a shame as they would have easily sold the upper anny as well, maybe then it would be closer to a sell out.

Didn't Oldham have the whole of the anfield road end a couple of years ago in the fa cup?

No just the same as Carlisle.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2015, 09:30:24 am »

No just the same as Carlisle.

Ah right, I was in the kop and I thought I remembered them having the top Tier.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2015, 01:09:43 pm »
Chatting to a Carlisle fan in a football facebook group he said a lot of Carlisle fans support Liverpool as their prem team so not beyond possibility some of them have a purchase history anyway!

As long as they don't go too mad if they score and keep themselves to themselves leave them be. In future there should be no autocup in all Anny Road.

They can do what they want if they score as far as I'm concerned, as long as they don't  join in with any anti scouse songs that their main body of fans will probably sing. 

Having away fans in the home end, fucking hell there's going to be an atmosphere for once.

I'd rather be sitting with some lads from Carlisle getting behind their team than some nob wearing a fifty fifty. 

Tickets are strictly available to home supporters only.

If they enforce the above properly though, then they really shouldn't let in people with 50 50s.  It doesn't say strictly available to home supporters and neutrals.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!