Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1754097 times)

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #7120 on: February 11, 2019, 07:35:07 pm »
I've always had a (usually grudging) admiration for players who keep on delivering vital goals whilst so much is at stake and, for whatever reason, their team aren't quite functioning at 100%.

Cantona did it in 96/97. Ljungberg did it with probably the most important goal scoring run of them all at the end of the 01/02 season. Vardy did it in 15/16 and Costa did it a year later in 16/17. Opening goals, equalisers, winners - all crucial goals that kept their team ticking over during spells when they really needed it. If we do end up winning the league this year we'll owe a massive debt of gratitude to this purple patch of Sadios.

Our very own Dirk Kuyt used to have a knack of popping up when it mattered. Mane does seem to save his goals for when we need him most though, very rarely lets us down

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7121 on: February 11, 2019, 07:38:01 pm »
It's nice to see Mane getting some time in the limelight again. He can get overshadowed sometimes, his hard work obscured by Bobby's relentless effort, his exceptional running, dribbling and shooting obscured by Salah's exquisite ruthlessness. Yet the combination of both work and wonder he provides puts him up there with the very best, and his selflessness in carrying out his manager's tactical requirements is an example to everyone.

But what really sets him apart is something that very few players - very few people - have. I remember Roald Dahl putting it beautifully in his story "the Swan":

"Some people, when they have taken too much and have been driven beyond the point of endurance, simply crumple and give up. There are others, though they are not many, who will for some reason always be unconquerable. You meet them in time of war and also in time of peace. They have an indomitable spirit and nothing, neither pain nor torture nor threat of death, will cause them to give up.
[Sadio Mane is] one of those."

The Champion's League final showed this indomitable spirit at its finest. With Salah off, at a goal down, with a lot of heads down - one head went up, stayed up and even went further up the worse the match got. That head, of course, belonged to Sadio Mane. He may not seem to have the most dominant personality, but, as Dahl makes clear, that isn't what determines the indomitable. It's something else, something deep inside that only comes out at the worst of times. And it's value at times like that is impossible to measure, but be thankful that we have it in our team, in a forward as talented as Sadio is. And it's a quality that I suspect we'll see a few more times in the pressure cooker environment of this title race.

he really is up for the fight at the moment, brilliant

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7122 on: February 11, 2019, 07:45:12 pm »
It's nice to see Mane getting some time in the limelight again. He can get overshadowed sometimes, his hard work obscured by Bobby's relentless effort, his exceptional running, dribbling and shooting obscured by Salah's exquisite ruthlessness. Yet the combination of both work and wonder he provides puts him up there with the very best, and his selflessness in carrying out his manager's tactical requirements is an example to everyone.

But what really sets him apart is something that very few players - very few people - have. I remember Roald Dahl putting it beautifully in his story "the Swan":

"Some people, when they have taken too much and have been driven beyond the point of endurance, simply crumple and give up. There are others, though they are not many, who will for some reason always be unconquerable. You meet them in time of war and also in time of peace. They have an indomitable spirit and nothing, neither pain nor torture nor threat of death, will cause them to give up.
[Sadio Mane is] one of those."

The Champion's League final showed this indomitable spirit at its finest. With Salah off, at a goal down, with a lot of heads down - one head went up, stayed up and even went further up the worse the match got. That head, of course, belonged to Sadio Mane. He may not seem to have the most dominant personality, but, as Dahl makes clear, that isn't what determines the indomitable. It's something else, something deep inside that only comes out at the worst of times. And it's value at times like that is impossible to measure, but be thankful that we have it in our team, in a forward as talented as Sadio is. And it's a quality that I suspect we'll see a few more times in the pressure cooker environment of this title race. 

That's nicely put mate.

I agree with it completely. Mane is a special character. When the pressure is on he will come to the fore. We've seen it so many times now. The ball control remains iffy, but you can't have everything!

His moments of the season last season were nearly all at the business end. The final obviously when he was the best attacker on the pitch, but the second leg v City as well when he powered between those two defenders, giving them 2 yards start in a foot race that was 5 yards at most, and beat 'em both to set up Mo's opening goal. That was a player saturated in self belief.

He will be vital for us over the next few weeks.And I'll say again what I said on the eve of the final. There ain't a defender in the world who isn't at least slightly frightened of marking Sadio Mane.   
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7123 on: February 11, 2019, 08:16:27 pm »
Joint 5th goal scorer in the league, only two behind Kane.

He’s not providing as many assists. Only one in the league according to transfermarkt.

Superb player, who never gives up and never lets one bad miss or game affect him. He’s,going to be important in the run-in.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7124 on: February 11, 2019, 08:39:57 pm »
Before he joined I thought he basically turned up when he wanted for Southampton and would go months on end not looking bothered. What a tit.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7125 on: February 11, 2019, 08:42:23 pm »
Before he joined I thought he basically turned up when he wanted for Southampton and would go months on end not looking bothered. What a tit.

A bit harsh to call him a tit. He's done well for us.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7126 on: February 11, 2019, 09:54:50 pm »

Don't see this noawadays.

I see him all over the place... defending, pressing, tracking back, preventing corners etc

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7127 on: February 11, 2019, 11:32:03 pm »

Don't be so tough on yourself mate
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7128 on: February 11, 2019, 11:54:05 pm »
to be fair he did go on long runs without scoring, then again better teammates and all that

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #7129 on: February 12, 2019, 12:08:30 am »
According to online reports, he's due to marry his Tunisian fiancee in Sousse on 5th January. Possibly means he's been given permission to miss the FA Cup game? Otherwise seems odd timing. Plus who even knew he had a fiancee, he keeps so quiet!
He comes across as a very humble person, which I think is a breath of fresh air.
I'm all for our players doing their talking on the pitch.

Just remembered! There was that mobile phone footage of him cleaning the toilets (toilets!) of his local mosque!
Which celebrity or famous sports person would clean a public toilet on their days off?!

Love the guy. A good role model for the kids me thinks.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7130 on: February 12, 2019, 12:22:16 am »
He comes across as a very humble person, which I think is a breath of fresh air.
I'm all for our players doing their talking on the pitch.

Just remembered! There was that mobile phone footage of him cleaning the toilets (toilets!) of his local mosque!
Which celebrity or famous sports person would clean a public toilet on their days off?!

Love the guy. A good role model for the kids me thinks.

Doesn't Trent help out at a local charity shop, which he's been doing since before he broke into the team?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #7131 on: February 12, 2019, 12:45:06 am »
Doesn't Trent help out at a local charity shop, which he's been doing since before he broke into the team?
Good on Trent! I didn't know this.

But this is the Sadio thread that I was reading through, so I wouldn't have thought of Trent.
Also a lot of people have worked for charities, as I have myself, but I reckon very few have cleaned public toilets - I certainly haven't!
That sort of cleaning is a sign of humbleness, which backed up my original point.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #7132 on: February 20, 2019, 09:36:07 pm »
Being reported that his house was robbed during the game last night.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7133 on: February 20, 2019, 09:37:46 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/47309681

Sadio Mane: Liverpool forward's house burgled during Champions League match

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane's house was burgled while he was playing in the Champions League last-16 tie against Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

Items including watches, mobile phones and car keys were stolen.

The incident happened at Mane's house in Allerton, south Liverpool between 18:00 and 23:45 GMT - while the 26-year-old was at Anfield. No-one was in the property at the time.

Forensic examinations are under way and a police investigation is ongoing.

Detective Inspector Phil Mahon, of Merseyside Police, said: "We are appealing for anyone with information in relation to this burglary to please come forward and assist our inquiries.

"While the occupants were not present at the time of the incident this will no doubt be a distressing experience for them and I would ask the offenders to do the right thing and return the stolen items to the owner in any way possible.

"We know the watches in particular are of significant monetary value and I would also like to appeal to anyone who might have been offered the items for sale since the burglary to contact police."

Senegal international Mane was burgled in November 2017 while he was at Anfield for a Champions League game against Maribor.

A gang was thought to have broken into his home first before smashing a patio door at the nearby address of team-mate Dejan Lovren before they fled when a woman shouted she was calling the police.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7134 on: February 20, 2019, 09:51:57 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/47309681

Sadio Mane: Liverpool forward's house burgled during Champions League match

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane's house was burgled while he was playing in the Champions League last-16 tie against Bayern Munich on Tuesday.

Items including watches, mobile phones and car keys were stolen.

The incident happened at Mane's house in Allerton, south Liverpool between 18:00 and 23:45 GMT - while the 26-year-old was at Anfield. No-one was in the property at the time.

Forensic examinations are under way and a police investigation is ongoing.

Detective Inspector Phil Mahon, of Merseyside Police, said: "We are appealing for anyone with information in relation to this burglary to please come forward and assist our inquiries.

"While the occupants were not present at the time of the incident this will no doubt be a distressing experience for them and I would ask the offenders to do the right thing and return the stolen items to the owner in any way possible.

"We know the watches in particular are of significant monetary value and I would also like to appeal to anyone who might have been offered the items for sale since the burglary to contact police."

Senegal international Mane was burgled in November 2017 while he was at Anfield for a Champions League game against Maribor.

A gang was thought to have broken into his home first before smashing a patio door at the nearby address of team-mate Dejan Lovren before they fled when a woman shouted she was calling the police.

Horrible opportunist twats

Just glad no one was at home

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7135 on: February 20, 2019, 09:57:44 pm »
Fucking twats, taking another person's earnings :no

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #7136 on: February 20, 2019, 09:59:07 pm »
Coward burglars. Hope the offenders get caught and face full force of the law.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7137 on: February 20, 2019, 10:06:07 pm »
Being reported that his house was robbed during the game last night.

What a bunch of shits.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7138 on: February 20, 2019, 10:09:01 pm »
Awful, I hope they find the picks that did it
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7139 on: February 20, 2019, 10:12:09 pm »
Little shit houses.

Remember we had a spate of this a little while back. Hopefully the club sorts security out to help out.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7140 on: February 20, 2019, 10:19:32 pm »
Little shit houses.

Remember we had a spate of this a little while back. Hopefully the club sorts security out to help out.

I've always wondered is it the club that deal with stuff like this? I certainly remember a spate of robberies happening I feel for Sadio with it being the second time he's been done.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7141 on: February 20, 2019, 10:41:42 pm »
Absolute shitbags. Hope Sadio and his family are not too shaken.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7142 on: February 20, 2019, 10:48:56 pm »
Absolute fucking scum
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7143 on: February 20, 2019, 11:29:33 pm »
Just saw this on the Echo site.  :no

God, I hate house-robbing vermin so much. Absolute lowlife scumbags.

It beats the hell out of me that players do not have security on site when they are away. They shouldn't have to, of course, but the lowlife know they are absolutely minted and if they get in it's going to be a big haul. I thought after the last lot of burglaries which affected Liverpool, Everton and Man United players that most of them would get people in to look after the place when empty. If I remember right, Carragher did because I'd often see private security at his place when I went past after Gerrard got done.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7144 on: February 21, 2019, 04:20:06 am »
Seriously. It’d cost the club 1500 to stick a security guard on each players house when they’re at the game.

Not really much money to put an end to this stuff is it?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7145 on: February 21, 2019, 05:58:26 am »
Seriously. It’d cost the club 1500 to stick a security guard on each players house when they’re at the game.

Agreed. Last thing we need is players becoming disillusioned with the place or feeling unsafe in their own home.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7146 on: February 21, 2019, 08:58:50 am »
It's someone's job at the club to take care of this, even if they don't know it yet. Just as you have to look after players with newborn babies, players with wives that want to live in a warmer climate, players with girlfriends that want to live in cities with more shops to spend money in. Anything that can have a negative impact on player's performance, the club should be all over it. Security included.
Yes they have millions deposited into their account every year, yes they're grown men, but they're also footballers. Sometimes the club needs to give them a helping hand.

Here's some advice for the people at the club that should have been dealing with this. The times that player's homes are most at risk of being burgled are european games played during the hours of darkness that have been scheduled months in advance. It's been happening for years. There's no excuse for this to be still happening.

A simple statement from the club at some stage today saying they're dealing with this, is all that's needed. We don't need shit like this happening this season.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7147 on: February 21, 2019, 09:33:54 am »

the players surely make enough money to afford it

its awful reading stuff like this

Reina and Gerrard had their houses robbed whilst we played in the champions league, reina had a porsche destroyed (whilst in the middle of saving two penalties to get us to a european cup final i might add)

Gerrards family were there when he got done.

id love to hear of them getting another duncan ferguson style greeting.

David Moores got an awful doing over a few years back too, say what you want about him but it was very sad
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #7148 on: February 21, 2019, 10:50:21 am »
Absolutely horrible news to hear. Poor Sadio.

Didn't Coutinho's car get smashed as well?

Of course these horrific crimes happen daily to thousands of us, but these are targeted due to the fact they know the player, and probably their families, will be at Anfield so the club and possibly the players should be taking steps to stop this happening in the future.

You can only hope it doesn't affect him too badly.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #7149 on: February 21, 2019, 12:30:41 pm »
the players surely make enough money to afford it

its awful reading stuff like this

Reina and Gerrard had their houses robbed whilst we played in the champions league, reina had a porsche destroyed (whilst in the middle of saving two penalties to get us to a european cup final i might add)

Gerrards family were there when he got done.

id love to hear of them getting another duncan ferguson style greeting.

David Moores got an awful doing over a few years back too, say what you want about him but it was very sad
That was my first reaction, the players earn a shit load, surely they can afford extra security , either personnel, or electronic.

But the amount of footballers who have been burgled over the last few years, surely it points to an organised gang, rahter than just a few bagheads looking for an easy score
JFT 96

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7150 on: February 21, 2019, 12:35:46 pm »
That was my first reaction, the players earn a shit load, surely they can afford extra security , either personnel, or electronic.

But the amount of footballers who have been burgled over the last few years, surely it points to an organised gang, rahter than just a few bagheads looking for an easy score
yep i hate saying it but who ever is doing it quite sophisticated rather than some scally who found a stable door open and a pot of gold

they know when and how to strike. but im sure mane and most premier league footballers could afford a few heavies to prevent this. visually the sight of that would put most off.

dont care how much money he has its disgraceful to be subjected to this no matter who you are.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7151 on: February 21, 2019, 12:58:56 pm »
poor from the club not to already offer security to all the players houses if they are empty... they should do everything to prevent this from happening.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7152 on: February 21, 2019, 01:09:24 pm »
poor from the club not to already offer security to all the players houses if they are empty... they should do everything to prevent this from happening.

Is it though?  These guys are multi millionaires, and probably have millions of pounds worth of belongings in their property.  They can easily afford the best security themselves.

Surely Mane had some sort of security in place already, as I'm sure all players do......but clearly wasn't enough unfortunately.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7153 on: February 21, 2019, 01:47:57 pm »
Terrible new to hear :(
Believer

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7154 on: February 21, 2019, 02:44:30 pm »
Absolutely horrible news to hear. Poor Sadio.

Didn't Coutinho's car get smashed as well?

Of course these horrific crimes happen daily to thousands of us, but these are targeted due to the fact they know the player, and probably their families, will be at Anfield so the club and possibly the players should be taking steps to stop this happening in the future.

You can only hope it doesn't affect him too badly.

They robbed Lovren's house as well, if i remember correctly.

This is happening too often, and someone has to do something about this.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Stockholm

• Main Stander
« Reply #7155 on: February 21, 2019, 02:55:36 pm »
It’s not a question of the boys being able to afford security. Their only focus should be to play football not remembering to call for security to be there twice a week or whatever.

Club should sort this for them.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7156 on: February 21, 2019, 03:21:10 pm »

Yeah. Seems a no-brainer to send some fellas round to make sure their homes are safe every away game. Sure the club could get a good deal as it would be a nice juicy contract for a firm to win.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7157 on: February 21, 2019, 03:25:04 pm »
Another thing that surprises me about this kind of thing happening here is that Liverpool and Everton (it's happened to their players too) have a lot of really heavy fans. I mean both clubs have some very well connected people following them in this city. When you think of local (now ex) players like Gerrard and Carragher you also know that they know some pretty heavy people too. Surely to god those in the know could put the feelers out and find out who is doing this and then have them sorted out. I doubt it would take too much effort because it will be known in certain circles who is doing it. A visit from certain people could put an end to this pretty quickly.

The lack of security these multi millionaires have is staggering to me. Scumbags know these lads and their wives are rich beyond belief. They know that on the other side of those patio doors lies hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of goods and often the keys to vehicles worth another hundred grand or so. In their position I'd have professional security on-site 24/7. The peace of mind of my family would be worth it alone.

Being rich doesn't take away that frankly horrible, sickening feeling you get when burgled. Nothing can get the thought of scumbag lowlife rummaging through your possessions out of your head. It's also hard to get back your peace of mind and trust in your fellow man. I always wonder how Andy Van Der Mayde felt seeing his Ferrari on Facebook doing donuts in the showcase car park ragged everywhere by a useless piece of filth after his house was turned over and his dog also stolen. Your dog is often like another family member for god's sake. All for the sake of making sure you have security on-site when you are away or at least the very best of electronic, monitored surveillance in place. They shouldn't have to do this, but this is the world we live in, sadly.

To me, it should be the responsibility of the players to sort their own security out, but I understand the calls for the club to do more. The modern player gets his arse wiped for him these days, so maybe this is also something else the club needs to look after for them. If the club being involved manages to deter this from happening to our players and results in a happier player with peace of mind, then it will be worth it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:26:55 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7158 on: February 21, 2019, 03:40:11 pm »
It’s not a question of the boys being able to afford security. Their only focus should be to play football not remembering to call for security to be there twice a week or whatever.

Club should sort this for them.

I'm sorry but thats ridiculous.

If my employer paid me that amount of money and my job was high pressured, I would not expect them to also take care of my home security when I was away.

Its very sad whats happened to Mane and others who have experienced the same.

We're obviously not in a position to comment on the level of security he has/had.  Could have been quite high and I guess sometimes the thieves always find a way if they're professional enough.

But to be honest, I think its up to each individual to determine how much they want to spend on their home security.  And they should already be aware they are high risk targets, particularly judging on all the other footballer robberies in recent years.

I don't think the club should have to invest resources and money into this considering how much these players are already paid.

In addition.....their agents/ personal staff (which they no doubt have) could take care of these arrangements for them.  So its not like Mane would be sitting on the phone himself sorting this out when he should be training for the next big game  ;D

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7159 on: February 21, 2019, 03:44:48 pm »
Just have someone sit in the house, watching TV, living as normal

Apparently others that tried to rob Lovren were scared off by someone shouting at them they would call the police

So far over the top
A win for the Liverpool country