Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 201572 times)

Offline spena

• Main Stander
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #1680 on: October 14, 2011, 01:40:19 pm »
Given all the stuff they sing in every match they ever play in (Nothing about their own club and endless songs about Liverpool and Manchester City - among others) I seriously doubt it.

what all 6 of them ?!!!

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #1681 on: October 14, 2011, 01:48:54 pm »
I will bite GOD-9's cock off if, bar a late injury, Suarez doesn't start this game.

Spit or swallow?
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #1682 on: October 14, 2011, 01:58:38 pm »
Can't wait until tomorrow!

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1683 on: October 14, 2011, 01:58:42 pm »
Feels like ages ago since the derby.... the anticipation for this one is at boling point. Thankfully its tomorrow morning, dont think i'd hold out till a 4pm KO on Sunday.

Suarez to destroy them once again.
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1684 on: October 14, 2011, 02:05:25 pm »
Spit or swallow?

As long as we win, I'm easy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline alan82

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1685 on: October 14, 2011, 02:18:00 pm »
Cant fucking wait for this!!
Nerves and excitement are proper kicking in now.
“I just wanted to jump into the stand and start celebrating with those wonderful fans [on reaching the Champions League final]” Steven Gerrard

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #1686 on: October 14, 2011, 02:22:52 pm »
An on song Andy Carroll would have a field day against their defence. WIth Gerrard, Kuyt and Suarez picking up the pieces, he could be the difference in this game. Adam could be a liability with a need for our DM's to track runs from their wings, central mids and even frikkin Phil Jones at the back.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #1687 on: October 14, 2011, 02:31:37 pm »
I will bite off my own cock if, bar a late injury, Suarez doesn't start this game.

Quoted because I am a bastard.

Offline shanks hankie

• Main Stander
« Reply #1688 on: October 14, 2011, 02:51:49 pm »
I think we should remember that a lot of our recent success against the Mancs is down to the blueprint Rafa left behind. The personnel might change but Rafa's masterplan is still there. He worked them out, fuck it, he found them out and bar a couple of ridiculous Ref's decisions he would have one 4 in a row against them before he left.
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.” Shanks

Offline Flipmode

• Main Stander
« Reply #1689 on: October 14, 2011, 02:59:32 pm »
COME ON LIVERPOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!
Can't f%*n wait for this one!!!!!

AAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

--Just hope we win, I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: October 14, 2011, 03:04:41 pm »
I wouldnt be sure about gerrard and Suarez both starting tomorrow.

How many competitive minutes has Steven played?

And Suarez just back from a long international trip played 2 games in a few days.

Kenny to rest one or both??
Didn't little Louis throw his proverbial dummy out of the push chair the last time kk substituted him for a few minutes? We may see the the north-west of England destroyed from volcanic rage if he does not start.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: October 14, 2011, 03:06:43 pm »
I think we should remember that a lot of our recent success against the Mancs is down to the blueprint Rafa left behind. The personnel might change but Rafa's masterplan is still there. He worked them out, fuck it, he found them out and bar a couple of ridiculous Ref's decisions he would have one 4 in a row against them before he left.

I think we should give Kenny credit if we win.  We play very differently under Kenny so he deserves recognition for whatever we achieve (not that he'd claim it). Masterplan? Pffff.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #1692 on: October 14, 2011, 03:08:35 pm »
to be honest lads ,dont care whos blue print it is....a wins a win !.....
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1693 on: October 14, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »
Anyone thinking Carragher won't play is seriously deluded. I know he's been below par this season, but in these games he normally produces a good display as he showed in the derby. He knows there is a 6 foot 6 monster centre half waiting to take his place, and there is no better game than these lot to prove to people that he might have to wait a little while longer.

Offline shanks hankie

• Main Stander
« Reply #1694 on: October 14, 2011, 03:16:24 pm »
I think we should give Kenny credit if we win.  We play very differently under Kenny so he deserves recognition for whatever we achieve (not that he'd claim it). Masterplan? Pffff.

I'm not belittling Kenny's contribution in any way. I'm just saying Rafa's successes against them has carried over. You can see it in the confidence the team has, the confidence the fans have against them.

I'd never take anything away from the King. I named my son Kenny after all  ;)
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.” Shanks

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: October 14, 2011, 03:19:04 pm »
I'm not belittling Kenny's contribution in any way. I'm just saying Rafa's successes against them has carried over. You can see it in the confidence the team has, the confidence the fans have against them.

Fair enough ;)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1696 on: October 14, 2011, 03:29:35 pm »
Just read Alex Ferguson's comments on Liverpool vs United being the biggest game in world football.

It would be easy for the man to put us down as we are not up there fighting for the title right now, but I have to take my cap off and say that I respect him for respecting the significance of the game. You need great rivalries and this is one of them.

It's rare I say this, but a big well done to him for that. I remember when I was a kid and United were winning nothing that this was still the one game that stoked the passions and sent nervousness coarsing through the body. The shoe is now on the other foot, but some things never change.

The one thing I do miss is the tingles I used to get when it was the Merseyside Derby. I do hope Everton are back up there one day. As I said before, you need the big rivalries.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1697 on: October 14, 2011, 03:34:38 pm »
what all 6 of them ?!!!

All six of them what?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1698 on: October 14, 2011, 03:48:35 pm »
Please lord, let my team twat these bastards all over the gaff. Amen.
Fat Scouser, age 56 and three quarters.

Please Lord don't listen to Leo - he's just being nasty to us again.... Plus he used bad words in Your presence....:P ::)

Medium sized Manc Johnno aged 65 and 3/4
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:00:59 pm by Johnnowhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: October 14, 2011, 03:50:15 pm »
Just read Alex Ferguson's comments on Liverpool vs United being the biggest game in world football.

It would be easy for the man to put us down as we are not up there fighting for the title right now, but I have to take my cap off and say that I respect him for respecting the significance of the game. You need great rivalries and this is one of them.

It's rare I say this, but a big well done to him for that. I remember when I was a kid and United were winning nothing that this was still the one game that stoked the passions and sent nervousness coarsing through the body. The shoe is now on the other foot, but some things never change.

The one thing I do miss is the tingles I used to get when it was the Merseyside Derby. I do hope Everton are back up there one day. As I said before, you need the big rivalries.

Tip my hat off to ORN for criticising the Hillsborough and Munich chants as well and asking fans from both sides to cut them out.  Also liked the fact Kenny referred to him as Fergie.  ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: October 14, 2011, 03:51:24 pm »

Don't you think that's a bit cruel mate...Kenny's OK but the after all's a bit mean on the lad ..... ::) ::).....What?? ;D

There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: October 14, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »
A deep Fried moose sounds like a tasty prospect (I've never had one, but it probably would taste like chicken) and such a tasty prospect liberally smothered in a hot Vindaloo would surely mean that a very tasty dish indeed was in evidence?

:lmao :lmao

I've missed you so much Andy.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1702 on: October 14, 2011, 03:55:21 pm »
Fat Scouser, 56 and three quarters.
Medium Manc Johhno, 65 and 3/4.
Willy-wavers ;)

I'm really glad Ferguson has said that about the Hillsborough chants - and I really hope our side take a look too and cut out the Munich shite. It's about time it all stopped isn't it?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1703 on: October 14, 2011, 03:56:09 pm »
I'm really glad Ferguson has said that about the Hillsborough chants - and I really hope our side take a look too and cut out the Munich shite. It's about time it all stopped isn't it?

Shouldn't have been started in the first place.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1704 on: October 14, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
I don't think there is any way Gerrard and Suarez don't both start. I think Agger and Kelly will also start. Front 6 will be Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Downing, Suarez and Carroll.
YWNA

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1705 on: October 14, 2011, 03:58:19 pm »

To be honest Ferguson has always said it's the biggest game for him. I remember him saying it for years.
YWNA

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: October 14, 2011, 04:07:03 pm »

Dead right sir.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:08:43 pm by Johnnowhite »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: October 14, 2011, 04:07:50 pm »
Shouldn't have been started in the first place.

Dead right sir - dead ferking right.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: October 14, 2011, 04:07:51 pm »
Quoted because I am a bastard.

To be fair, unless he's Ron Jeremy, it ain't gonna happen.

Offline Cantona07

• Main Stander
« Reply #1709 on: October 14, 2011, 04:09:15 pm »

I always hear about this but have never had it explained in any detail

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: October 14, 2011, 04:11:13 pm »

It's getting pathetic now. Even at Goodison the other week there was some 20/30 year old scousers shouting "MUNICH MUNICH" at Howard & Neville...

Everyone says it's all United's fault vile scum etc but there are people on both sides who are just as bad as each other..

Offline Cantona07

• Main Stander
« Reply #1711 on: October 14, 2011, 04:11:31 pm »
To be honest Ferguson has always said it's the biggest game for him. I remember him saying it for years.

It is the biggest game. I only remember the mid to late 80's but that was enough for me.

I suppose the Manchester City game could eclipse it in years to come but i hope not!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: October 14, 2011, 04:13:34 pm »
It's getting pathetic now. Even at Goodison the other week there was some 20/30 year old scousers shouting "MUNICH MUNICH" at Howard & Neville...

Everyone says it's all United's fault vile scum etc but there are people on both sides who are just as bad as each other..

Thankfully the last time I was at a LFC V MUTD game, some lad got a bollocking and a few slaps on his head for singing Munich.

There's dickhead fans everywhere, it's up to the rest of us to sort them out.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: October 14, 2011, 04:15:26 pm »
this is always a strange game like you're excited and dreading it at the same time but if i'm always assured by the knowledge that we always show passion in this game more so than man united. ferguson picked up on it the other week in an interview. we guarantee a fight when we're losing but all they offer is a vidic red card.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1714 on: October 14, 2011, 04:15:40 pm »
C'mon lads give us the win....theres a bloody good days bevvying to be had after this!!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1715 on: October 14, 2011, 04:19:53 pm »
It's getting pathetic now.
Indeed. Now more than ever it needs to stop, what with current affairs and all that. Our lot chanting makes it very hard to talk the JFT 96 ticket. Doesn't really matter who's instigating, in public, the call for an end to which side's chanting - the end result should be the same - we all stop - and focus on the footie instead :)

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: October 14, 2011, 04:24:42 pm »
Our season doesn't depend on this result.

@ManifoldReasons

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1717 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:07 pm »
Indeed. Now more than ever it needs to stop, what with current affairs and all that. Our lot chanting makes it very hard to talk the JFT 96 ticket. Doesn't really matter who's instigating, in public, the call for an end to which side's chanting - the end result should be the same - we all stop - and focus on the footie instead :)

These days the fans aren't like they were way back when - talking here your Kop in the 50's and 60's and our Stretford End same period. The auld arses in the terraces would have sorted out anything approaching such vile shite very early doors. Now the auld arses can't afford to ferkin' go!!

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #1718 on: October 14, 2011, 04:29:12 pm »

True. It's only 3points. I will the feel the same after a win tomorrow as after a win v Norwich. Or something.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1719 on: October 14, 2011, 04:29:24 pm »
Can wee just get done with this soon? I cannot stand the wait.