Author Topic: New Kelvin MacKenzie e-mails please after second programme slurs Liverpool  (Read 45912 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
only just got onto sending a complaint.

"Imagine my shock in the car ride home last week when I hear disgraced journalist Kelvin McKenzie presenting a national radio programme for the usually reputable BBC. What was even more shocking was the fact he is being referred to as an expert in football and journalism. Saddam Hussein served as President of Iraq for a number of decades, does this make him an expert in politics and diplomacy? No? Then how can a man so bitter, vile, unprofessional, heartless and sickening be allowed time on the national airwaves, especially considering he is being payed now by the same organisation and tv license system that he was so dead set against only a few years ago and in favour of abolishing?

I shouldn't be surprised he jumped at the chance to spread his lies for a quick buck and a cheap story, nor was i surprised when I heard his stories relating to the city of Liverpool. I was particularly interested in his stories of corruption, ex-pat mafia members and blackmail. Actually having said that, was there any evidence cited ever? No? Well surely he wouldn't be trying to smear the name of LIverpool and its inhabitants! Actually, what about his time at the Sun  where he authoised "The Truth' headline, described by colleagues [Peter Chippendale and Chris Horrie] in a book regarding the paper's history. "It obviously wasn't a silly mistake; nor was it a simple oversight...it was a "classic smear". Something tells me this smear of the Hillsborough Disaster as well as this truly awful, made up, narrative about Rooney & Gerrard's transfer that not only does his sick imagination match his greed for money and a story, but he has a vendetta against Liverpool.

On top of this, I couldn't believe Bob Shennan, the Head of Five Live, now claims he is a Liverpool fan. A true fan of football, not just Liverpool, would keep this sick excuse for a human being away from any position of power and leave his career to wilt in the manner it should following his disgraceful work. Please stop me if I am the only football fan to have taken offence to Mackenzie being referred to as an "expert" in sport & journalism.

I am appalled and frankly upset that my license fee contributes to this scumbag's paypacket. In 17 years of hurt and continuous examples of terrible, sensationalist, lies, this poor excuse for a man hasn't even had the courage to admit his mistakes. How does he sleep at night? I'm sure his fees paid by the unwitting nation have given him at least one comfort, a nice bed. One would expect that if this man is the desensitised scumbag and creep he seems, that he doesn't care about the consequences of his lies. Why would he? Thanks to your ignorant, lazy and idiotic employment of this underqualified liar, he has another reason to think that it doesn't matter.

I have asked for a reply below. I hope you can explain your decision and hopefully commit yourselves to avoid other similar travesties from occuring in the future. I do not want to be on the receiving end of a stock, automated response. I think this issue deserves better than that."

I hope they can acknowledge the major errors in their judgement
« Last Edit: June 6, 2006, 05:08:55 pm by classycarra »

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
Would it be worth any reds on here who phone 606 (which I admit I dont, as usually in the pub after the matches, but listen to podcast later) during the the world cup to make a comment to Alan Green/Adrian Chiles/Spoony after a game, then throw in a question (ab-lib) about their thoughts of Kelvin McKenkie appearing on Five Live as an 'accompolished storyteller' & the station's (Five Live) rationale of commissioning an independent company employing someone who I havent got the words to describe.

Offline Ferguson red face

• Kemlynite
I sent a complaint some days ago and asked for their comments - no reply and I'm not holding my breath

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Just sent this to the Beeb

"I would like to voice my outrage at the insidious lies that were sprouting by the well-known racist bigot Kelvin McKenzie on that repulsive programme 'Football Scandals' last Saturday. That you have allowed such an nasty piece a work airtime shows that the BBC have lost the moral high ground in regard to race issues and the like.

Furthermore, the pathetic lies that sprewed out of McKenzie's mouth in regard to the supposed death threats given to Steven Gerrard's family if he did leave Liverpool to join Chelsea, was another example of McKenzie continuing to wage his war on that great city after the rubbish that came out from his fascist rag in the dark aftermath of Hillsborough. He has never forgiven the people of Liverpool for turning their back on his chip wrapper of a paper.

Perhaps another reason for McKenzie to use this example is obvious, as him and Chelsea supporters do share one thing in common, having an hateful and Nazi-loving history.

Having sent you an e-mail in regard to the previous programme I expect a proper response from yourselves.

Regards,

"
« Last Edit: June 6, 2006, 06:35:04 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Dear Sir/Madam,

As mentioned in my previous complaint, the very fact that you see fit to use Kelvin McKenzie - an embodiment of all that is wrong with so called journalism - on your radio station has caused me to cease listening. However, word of mouth can spread quickly and lo and behold I find I am still finding myself hearing about this vile creature on the airwaves. According to friends of mine who amazingly chose to listen to this nonsense, McKenzie interviewed the man responsible for the Wayne Rooney Aigburth Road CCTV footage. Perhaps you would like to explain to me the evidence on which this gentleman was able to state as fact that Steven Gerrard only stayed at Liverpool as a result of threats on his family by scouse mafia exiles? I mean sure it makes a great story, sensationalised, exciting, flashy. It's false, but why would that matter? After all, the BBC is dumbing down, wasting money (my money, my license fee) on tabloid nonsense. Not only is it doing that, it is using that money to employ Kelvin McKenzie - who has proceeded to use radio 5 as a vehicle for yet MORE anti Liverpool propoganda - as if accusing Liverpool fans of robbing from dead bodies and urinating on dead bodies all those years ago wasn't enough. If you check through the Radio 4 archives, you will hear Kelvin McKenzie admit on the Today Programme that what he printed in the Sun all those years ago were 'all lies, but we are in the entertainment business.' If the BBC's factual programming can include programmes by this man, how can you justify all our license fees?

On a side note I also work for the NHS. I do not feel I deserve to lose my job. I have no inclination to go off to pick strawberries for a living. I, like many others, help to care for people when they are sick, providing support for those who need it, as well as skilled treatment for patients with cancer. Perhaps he would like to work on the radiotherapy machines I work on while I go on Newsnight and tell him he's useless at his job? Because it's not hard to see that I'm far more justified to criticise him than he is to criticise others.

It's not reasonable, right or fair to reply to me and justify this man's employment by the BBC - at my expense. What would be reasonable would be to pull this walking joke off the airways. His views may not reflect those of the BBC, but they reflect very, very poorly on what used to be a fine institution.

Yours with disbelief,

Mark Ballard
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Dear Sir/Madam,

Kelvin McKenzie has made a career out of underestimating the intelligence of the public. On the whole, morons have employed him and morons have consumed his product.

But your organisation is committed by its Charter to "educate" the public as well as "entertain" it. Its arguable whether he fulfills the second criterion. But no rational person could say he fulfills the first.

You should ask him what he thinks about the BBC's mission to "educate". His answer would be as humiliating to you as his programmes are to his listeners. Get rid of him.

Yours etc
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper

Unless of course he has the decency to mention his own scandalous 'The Truth' headline in The Sun in 1989?
And maybe even apologise for it and admit he was wrong?

My point to the beeb is that a balanced programme on this kind of journalism, where the likes of MacKenzie could be confrontationally interviewed by a respected Radio personality, and be held to account for his bullshit is what the R5 should be about.

But he'd never come on then, would he?
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
My point to the beeb is that a balanced programme on this kind of journalism, where the likes of MacKenzie could be confrontationally interviewed by a respected Radio personality, and be held to account for his bullshit is what the R5 should be about.

But he'd never come on then, would he?

Don't understimate the guys ego - he's a twat on every level, he'd probably justify him self in the same sickening way
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
"New Kelvin MacKenzie e-mails please after second programme slurs Liverpool"

[Yes I've changed the title of the thread just to keep the 'campaign' going with a bit of extra impetus.

What are you saying ?
That the second programme didn't slur Liverpool ?

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
no, the original title of the thread was different./
Yep.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
Don't understimate the guys ego - he's a twat on every level, he'd probably justify him self in the same sickening way

He might, but he would be made to look a complete twat with any half decent interviewer armed with a few basic facts.

Gagging virulent scum like MacKenzie doesn't solve the problem of Hillsborough (and other) misinformation - exposing them and allowing them to humiliate themselves gives more publicity to the miscarriage of justice and correction of the malicious misinformation he spread.

I would have no problem with him being on Radio Five trying to justify himself to a real journalist.

My problem is with him hosting his own show, and thereby controlling the agenda and allowing his own self aggrandising propaganda to permeate the supposedly trustworthy sections of the airwaves.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Well, I usually scan the forums and enjoy the topics on here, but after having been out of the country for a week and a half, I had to register my complaint with the BBC, even tho it's a little late. After all, it all counts right! Here's what i put, and apologies to -HH- for stealing the bit about the Today Program but i thought it was so good i had to borrow it.

"I wish to voice my concern regarding the BBC allowing a man (and i do use the term lightly) such as Kelvin MacKenzie being given the freedom of the airwaves to spread his racist, horrific and outright lies. No matter what you may say regarding his so called "crudentials", this abomination of a man has admitted on the Today Program before that the war sized headlines and article that he ran in that toilet of a tabloid regarding the terrible disaster at Hillsborough, were all lies, but it didn't matter because "we're in the entertainment business" I take it that the BBC now wishes to be known as nothing more than an "Entertainment Service", I never realised that you had sunk this low.

This is not just an offense to the citizens of Liverpool who lost loved ones on that terrible day (of which i am not one) but it is an offense to every single liscense fee payer. By allowing this monster onto your airwaves you have only succeeded in forcing away an immeasurable amount of listeners

I hope you are happy at turning yourselves into the "Sun" of the airwaves. I for one, will not be listening to you again, and neither will my family or friends.

Yours with utter disgust"
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Joby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Glad he got the rebound
They really do not care in the slightest. It is not exactly as though they have advertisers to please, so losing a few ratings means nothing to them. Their revenue stream is guaranteed come what may, and as long as that continues, they will happily shit on us all, and care nothing for our opinions.

They care about Charter renewal though, and continued parliamentary support for the license fee. If you want to scare them, CC your letter to your MP.
"The secret is that Liverpool are as strong as a pine cone"

Xabi Alonso

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
and apologies to -HH- for stealing the bit about the Today Program

You're not stealing anything, it was McKenzie who said it, and McKenzie who will pay for it. Well in for an excellent response.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline ToeEdd

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
done

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Just recieved this...

Thank you for your email.

Please take a moment to read the following, as it will help us deal with it more efficiently. If you've sent a contribution to our programme - many thanks for your thoughts.

We can't read every email we get on-air, but we do appreciate your input. Keep listening - you never know!    If you've sent a comment about our programmes, presenters, or services - thanks for your interest in Five Live.

We'll make sure it gets to the right people. If you're after information about Five Live, you may want to check our website at www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive. You'll find details of our schedules, programmes, and presenters there - and you can listen again to programmes you may have missed. 

If you've a complaint or question to which you require an answer, please go to the Five Live website at www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive and click on Contact Us on the left-hand side. This will direct your enquiry to the right place and ensure it's dealt with properly.

If you're making a submission under the Freedom of Information Act, please go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/foi/, where you'll be able to direct your enquiry through the appropriate channels.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us,

Radio Five Live.

Bastards.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline game well and truly over

• Main Stander
  • Grow up, I haven't worn the shirt since I was 11
Just sent this -

Why oh why did the BBC decide to employ that vile excuse of a man, Kelvin McCKenzie, in the recent Radio 5 Live programme concerning scandal in football? I'm sure that by now, the BBC realise how offensive this appointment is to many people, not least the good people of Liverpool, of which I am one. This is a man, who by his own admission, lied about supporters of Liverpool Football Club stealing from and urinating on fellow supporters in the immediate aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster. His excuse for his headline 'The Truth' in the Sun newspaper in 1989? 'We're in the entertainment business' In this age of 'dumbing down' and d-list celebrity, there has always been a constant; that the BBC - through integrity, inteligence and an apparent desire to present the facts as they are - will rise above such tat and sensationalism. However, by employing a man that has made his name by trading on people's grief and misery, and has been too arrogant to admit his faults, the BBC has let itself and it's listeners/viewers down imeasurably. There is now one basic reason I will never listen to Radio 5 Live again, that BBC Radio employ liars. If you choose to respond to my complaint, please have the decency to personalise it.

You never know do you?

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
Just sent this -

Why oh why did the BBC decide to employ that vile excuse of a man, Kelvin McCKenzie, in the recent Radio 5 Live programme concerning scandal in football? I'm sure that by now, the BBC realise how offensive this appointment is to many people, not least the good people of Liverpool, of which I am one. This is a man, who by his own admission, lied about supporters of Liverpool Football Club stealing from and urinating on fellow supporters in the immediate aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster. His excuse for his headline 'The Truth' in the Sun newspaper in 1989? 'We're in the entertainment business' In this age of 'dumbing down' and d-list celebrity, there has always been a constant; that the BBC - through integrity, inteligence and an apparent desire to present the facts as they are - will rise above such tat and sensationalism. However, by employing a man that has made his name by trading on people's grief and misery, and has been too arrogant to admit his faults, the BBC has let itself and it's listeners/viewers down imeasurably. There is now one basic reason I will never listen to Radio 5 Live again, that BBC Radio employ liars. If you choose to respond to my complaint, please have the decency to personalise it.

You never know do you?

Whether they will admit it or not, theyve let themselves down badly, and will know it.

Id guess there'll be highish level talks about the implications of what theyve done, and given that there are still a lot of very decent journalist types at the BBC, and on R5, there'll now be a few more unhapppy ones at that.

Coincidentally I got a call from a radio survey woman tonight - took about 10 minutes. I just had to keep repeating myself - "Used to listen to 5 Live mostly, but not anymore." Told her why, and she turns out to be a red. Spread the word.
Faith is a passionate intuition.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Offline Mart Le Taxi

• Anny Roader
  • Not knowing why, trying to be the voice of reason
Driving for a living I spend hours listening to drivel, be it spoken or sung, and as such have got through to either Victoria Derbyshire or 5Live/606 everytime I've called.

Rest assured Alan Green will be hosting such a phone-in during the WC so will deffo ask his opinion on the matter live.

Should make for an interesting reply !!

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Another bump. Would be so good if they (the BBC, the Production Company, etc) were still getting e-mails on this even during the supposed FifaFeelGoodFest.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
I sent one last week and they sent me a reply relating to a completely different programme.
Legacy fan

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
I sent one last week and they sent me a reply relating to a completely different programme.

If you look at the compliants page they have totally removed their explanation of why they are running this programme - Obviously didn't like the complaints so just ignoring us now
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Rest assured Alan Green will be hosting such a phone-in during the WC so will deffo ask his opinion on the matter live.

606 is on  this Saturday, Sunday & Wednesday - Alan Green is definitely doing tomorrow's.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 04:46:14 pm by nige »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Justy received this. not even read it all but i can see its just rehashed versions of other letters. useless twats!

Dear Mr Clare

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals'.

I understand you have concerns that Kelvin MacKenzie was a poor choice of presenter for the programme.

However, as the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

All our programme contributors are appointed on the basis of their experience and talent, and we do not engage any presenter unless we consider that he or she is the most competent and possesses the necessary ability to meet the considerable demands the particular programme or broadcast may make. We feel that Kelvin's history and what some may think of him does not affect his ability as a knowledgeable sports journalist. I appreciate you may not agree, however, the BBC makes no editorial comment or judgement on the personal views expressed by contributors to any of our programmes.

I assure you that nothing contained in our programmes, nor is any presenter chosen with the intention of upsetting individuals and we apologise for any offence you may have been caused.

Nevertheless, I realise that you may continue to hold a different view on the matter. Therefore, please be assured that your comments have been fully registered and added to our daily audience log. This is an internal document that is made available to all BBC staff, including the 'World Cup Scandals' production team and Senior BBC Management.

Your feedback is more than welcome and will help shape future policy decisions.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us with the strength of your concerns.

Regards

Paul Kettle
BBC Information

Offline Pooch

• Not a fan of Michael Winner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont keep calling me Shirley!
Justy received this. not even read it all but i can see its just rehashed versions of other letters. useless twats!

Dear Mr Clare

I understand you have concerns that Kelvin MacKenzie was a poor choice of presenter for the programme.

However, as the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

All our programme contributors are appointed on the basis of their experience and talent, and we do not engage any presenter unless we consider that he or she is the most competent and possesses the necessary ability to meet the considerable demands the particular programme or broadcast may make. We feel that Kelvin's history and what some may think of him does not affect his ability as a knowledgeable sports journalist. I appreciate you may not agree, however, the BBC makes no editorial comment or judgement on the personal views expressed by contributors to any of our programmes.

I assure you that nothing contained in our programmes, nor is any presenter chosen with the intention of upsetting individuals and we apologise for any offence you may have been caused.

Nevertheless, I realise that you may continue to hold a different view on the matter. Therefore, please be assured that your comments have been fully registered and added to our daily audience log. This is an internal document that is made available to all BBC staff, including the 'World Cup Scandals' production team and Senior BBC Management.

Your feedback is more than welcome and will help shape future policy decisions.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us with the strength of your concerns.

Regards

Paul Kettle
BBC Information

I wouldn't despair matey. The message will sink in. They will never write back and say, yes your right he is a cnut!! Even if thats what they are now thinking. You can be sure that the continued influx of complaints will indeed have an impact. If they don't can him now they certainly must think twice before using the prick again.

Every single beat is red !

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
I wouldn't despair matey. The message will sink in. They will never write back and say, yes your right he is a cnut!! Even if thats what they are now thinking. You can be sure that the continued influx of complaints will indeed have an impact. If they don't can him now they certainly must think twice before using the prick again.

Spot-on.

Offline Teddybear

• Boys Pen
Could we not set up a petition regarding this matter and send it to 5 Live and even higher ? It could be posted on numerous LFC forums on the net and gather a lot of momentum.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
I got the bulk standard from the Beeb.

I understand you are unhappy that Kelvin MacKenzie is being employed by the BBC to present this World Cup programme.

We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably but it is a rare television or radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone. As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

Nevertheless I acknowledge your objection to Mr Mackenzie presenting any programme on the BBC. Please rest assured your concerns have been registered on our audience log and made available to the programme makers and senior BBC management. The BBC appreciates all feedback, positive or negative which will help the Corporation determine the content of future programming.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact the BBC with your views.

Regards

Tony Brown
BBC Information

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I left a message on the points of view feedbcak page, with words to the effect that if I wanted to listen to the  sub-tabloid-opinions of this c*nt I could buy a red top or listen to talksport

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
Fairly standard....

Dear Mr Ballard

Thank you for your further e-mail regarding 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup
Scandals'.

I appreciate the frustrations you continue to feel with regard to this matter,
and can assure you that we do find that our listeners' opinions offer an
invaluable source of feedback for us. Your further comments have therefore been
registered and made available to the programme makers concerned as well as BBC
management.

Styles and policies are continually being assessed and changed based on feedback
from the general public, and comments such as your own form a vital part of the
monitoring process we constantly undertake.

Thank you once again Mr Ballard for taking the time to outline the strength of
your concerns.

Regards

Dermot Lynn
BBC Information

Offline ianation

• Anny Roader
  • PSN: ianation
sickening, insensitive and a downright confusing decision to employ this poor excuse of a man.

email will follow to the beeb...

NEVER FORGET OUR 96
PSN: ianation

Offline Kopite

• Wannabe Porn Star and Jenna's plaything.
  • Anny Roader
  • Colin Loves Jenna.
Dear BBC,

Stick your licence up McKenzie's right-wing arse.

Yours,

Present at Hillsborough.  Urinated and beat up the "brave cops" and "pickpocketed the dead" too.
"You can't show your grandchildren your medal for getting fourth place." Steven Gerrard, Liverpool Captain and European Cup Winner.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dear BBC,

Stick your licence up McKenzie's right-wing arse.

Yours,

Present at Hillsborough.  Urinated and beat up the "brave cops" and "pickpocketed the dead" too.

He's going to get  what's coming mate, and don't get me wrong I know that's not going to heal any pain but he's going to hell

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
Well finally received a reply today...

Firstly, may I offer my very sincere apologies for the long delay in
replying. We know our correspondents appreciate a quick response and I
regret that you have had to wait so long on this occasion.

I do appreciate that you feel strongly that Kelvin MacKenzie should not
have been chosen to present this programme but the BBC has nothing to add
to the statement which has already been issued
. I realise that this will
come as a disappointment but I can assure you that your concerns have been
fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document will be
made available to Radio Five Live and Senior BBC Management.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

Paul Wheeler
BBC Information

Hmm - so basically - they have ignored the questions I have asked.  Fired this one back to them:

Thank you for the response - however, you have answered none of the questions I raised in my initial email.  Could you please advise on how I complain about the response I have received, and do you have the contact details of the people who produced this programme so I can put my questions to them.

Might cause them some hassle if nothing else.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
 The problem not mentioned is that without correction the BBC, Five Live, etc don't understand that the same untruths get retold around the World because they help perpetuate them. Such as FHM's magazine, public broadcasting TV in the USA showing footage of Hillsborough with misconceptions as to "drunken fans", etc.

They seem to shallow to understand, it is not about one programme on air but that other media types follow their lead.

Until McKenzie does a full appology in the rag that was sold as The Truth and explains where they went wrong on the day...this will continue. Fortunately there are tireless Reds who will continue the fight for Justice. Whether in small ways or big, the Reds family will continue this. and everyone who chips in with their bit should be applauded.

So it goes on and on....
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Kardiffuk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
The  :wanker just been on the BBC 1 News talking some bollocks about how great the rumours, that Paul Macca's soon to ex-missus was an alleged prossie in her past life, are for tabloid editors. c*nt!

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
Just a thought, the beeb sport site is making a lot of their world cup blogs and interactivity between users and journos.

Maybe it would be worth getting the opinion of some proper BBC journos from the inside???
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just a thought, the beeb sport site is making a lot of their world cup blogs and interactivity between users and journos.

Maybe it would be worth getting the opinion of some proper BBC journos from the inside???
good idea.

also another opportunity tonight. i think i just heard tony blair is to join adrian chiles on todays 606. dont know what time it is, but i guess the angle of license fees could be used. to get on i'd imagine a decent idea would be to pretend to ask a question about how important poilitics is in a such an important international event where decisions made daily can impact upon so many people etc.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
The c*nt was on radio 2 this afternoon.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
You won't believe this but the c*nt was on BBC 1 Breakfast.  Offering his expertise on crime and the Blair regime, made me cringe.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.