Author Topic: José Manuel "Pepe" Reina Páez  (Read 35956 times)

Offline TheFuturesRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: José Manuel "Pepe" Reina Páez
« Reply #80 on: April 1, 2020, 05:31:23 am »
Jesus, poor guy! And he's a fit man, too!

'For 25 minutes I ran out of oxygen': Pepe Reina on battling coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/31/pepe-reina-coronavirus-ran-out-of-oxygen-fear-aston-villa

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #81 on: April 2, 2020, 01:48:26 am »
Awful for him. Glad he's on mend
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 2, 2020, 10:07:47 am »
Scary that. Glad he's getting back to normal health.

Always loved Pepe.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #83 on: July 5, 2020, 07:02:46 pm »
Good seeing him today. Wish we kept him, but he seems fit n happy n healthy now and we may have scored two but he is still a decent keepr

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: July 5, 2020, 07:55:55 pm »
Happy to see him feature at Anfield once again. Shame that it had to be without fans. With news of him retiring at the end of the season, this could have been a proper send off.
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #85 on: July 5, 2020, 09:04:21 pm »
Always liked Pepe
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #86 on: July 5, 2020, 09:06:19 pm »
Happy to see him feature at Anfield once again. Shame that it had to be without fans. With news of him retiring at the end of the season, this could have been a proper send off.

Would love him as a third choice keeper for next season, assuming Andy Lonergan's off. Great character to have around the squad and someone you could depend on to play if needs be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #87 on: July 5, 2020, 09:06:28 pm »
He's a good egg is Pepe.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 5, 2020, 09:17:41 pm »
He's had a great career. It's still a shame that his time at Liverpool ended the way it did and that he didn't win more trophies with the club.

Best of luck to him in whatever he chooses to do next.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #89 on: July 5, 2020, 09:36:52 pm »
He's had a great career. It's still a shame that his time at Liverpool ended the way it did and that he didn't win more trophies with the club.

Best of luck to him in whatever he chooses to do next.

Always thought if Rodgers hadn't dumped him in 2013 he could have made the difference for the title the next year. He was past his best but commanded much more confidence in his defenders than Mignolet and had finished 12/13 really well.

A genuine shame there wasn't a full Anfield today to give him a great reception while celebrating the title.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 6, 2020, 11:14:18 pm »
Hodgson ruined him when he brought in his own gk coach.  Don't think he was ever the same after that.

Still, was good to see him back at Anfield and I imagine he enjoyed giving us the guard of honour.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #91 on: July 7, 2020, 01:43:31 am »
Sad he didn’t get the Kop welcome back.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 7, 2020, 01:41:50 pm »
Always thought if Rodgers hadn't dumped him in 2013 he could have made the difference for the title the next year. He was past his best but commanded much more confidence in his defenders than Mignolet and had finished 12/13 really well.

A genuine shame there wasn't a full Anfield today to give him a great reception while celebrating the title.

Reina was no better than mignolet at the time, as his shot stopping took a massive dip

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 8, 2020, 09:21:56 am »
Reina was no better than mignolet at the time, as his shot stopping took a massive dip

His distribution was so far better than Mignolet that it should always get him the nod before Simon. Pepe was a decade ahead in terms of how comfortable he was with ball at feet. Jurgen would have loved to have him in the squad in his first three years in charge (still would) as his comfort in pushing up as the last line of defense was world class. Its a pity he did not get the welcome back he richly deserves but hopefully can keep himself fit for another few years.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 8, 2020, 10:28:39 am »
i actually thought he was improving in form the last few months of his time here.  he kept 5 clean sheets in his last 7 matches

in hindsight i dont think mignolet was an improvement, distribution wise Mig was terrible in his 5 years here (4 if you dont count the last year when he hardly played). Reina streets ahead in that department

i would go as far as to say Reina at 70% was a better keeper than Mignolet most days.

Biggest issues against Reina were from about December 2011 and about maybe February 2013 he was making increasing mistakes, at times you only had to shoot straight at him and it would go in. It also didnt help that he more or less told Rodgers if Barca ever came in for him he was off

in hindsight (20/20 vision i know) we would have been better off with him than Mig

Ideally id have had Reina number 1 and Mig backing him up though the club would never have done this at the time

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: July 8, 2020, 10:47:53 am »
Reina was miles better than Mignolet, even though he seemed to struggle with not knowing where his near post was in his last couple of seasons with us.
How Mignolet ever got past 2 seasons with us will always be a mystery to me.

Both incomparable to our present incumbent between the sticks though.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 8, 2020, 12:42:39 pm »
Reina in fairness was quality for first 5 years.

Judge alisson in a bit more. He is a brilliant keeper don't get me wrong. Love everything about him

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2020, 10:34:26 pm »

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2020, 11:08:08 pm »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2020, 11:34:14 pm »
I love Pepe what a character he is.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2020, 11:39:13 pm »

"Hey Alli, there's a shy lad who would love to meet you."

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2020, 11:59:28 am »
Pepe is mental

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2020, 12:05:30 pm »

John: I keep telling you, I have a nice firm bum! But you never want to squeeze it Allison.

Pepe: It's true! Like a ripe melon. I can't keep my hands off it!
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2020, 11:53:09 pm »
I’m not normally one for nostalgia, but I’d fucking love to see Pepe back at Anfield next season (assuming one of Adrian or Lonergan leaves). The career he’s had, what a superb role model he’d be to the likes of young Caoimhín and of course, a fantastic character to have in the dressing room. He deserves better than Villa, slumming it with the likes of John Terry FKW.

Never forget he was also one of the few players who spoke out against those scumbags who almost bankrupted the club, unlike the deafening silence from a certain pair of Huyton and Bootle lads.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:59:29 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2020, 11:37:02 am »
Big shame that he has been pretty open in supporting the fascist Vox party in Spain in recent months. Only natural I suppose but we always hold British players to a different standard. Loved Reina while he was here, even if for the final year or two a shot on target was all but a guaranteed goal, but pretty gutting to see him expose himself as a dickhead now.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2020, 01:39:37 pm »
Big shame that he has been pretty open in supporting the fascist Vox party in Spain in recent months. Only natural I suppose but we always hold British players to a different standard. Loved Reina while he was here, even if for the final year or two a shot on target was all but a guaranteed goal, but pretty gutting to see him expose himself as a dickhead now.

What do you think of Alisson?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2020, 12:15:11 pm »
Pepe is a right character!

https://twitter.com/sebastianbacon8/status/1287460442454073344?s=21

He's just crazy... :lmao
But we knew that already after the celebrations in Spain for the World Cup and the European Championship. :D

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2020, 12:38:52 pm »
Was never a big fan of Reina to be honest. Apart from his distribution, everything else was pretty average. I remember him costing us some very important games. I had a feeling that he was too short for this league and couldn't handle big opponents and dealing with the crosses.

The fact that he's supporting some ultra nationalist party, makes me to dislike him as a person as well.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2020, 04:08:22 pm »
Was never a big fan of Reina to be honest. Apart from his distribution, everything else was pretty average. I remember him costing us some very important games. I had a feeling that he was too short for this league and couldn't handle big opponents and dealing with the crosses.

The fact that he's supporting some ultra nationalist party, makes me to dislike him as a person as well.

Revisionist bollocks. 2006-9 he was in peak golden glove form, distribution, penalties, shot stopping, positioning, technical ability (he even played in midfield one preseason). Sure, he dropped off a cliff when Xavi Valero left and the club was circling the drain but let's not pretend Rafa replaced a CL-winning keeper with an "average" Reina.

I can understand you not liking him as a person (not sure why mind you, he spoke up for our club when a certain local pair stared at their shoes) but his politics are just that, his. Same with our current keeper who's a supporter of the deeply unpleasant right wing nutter president of his country.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2020, 08:57:18 am »
LAZIO SIGN EX-LIVERPOOL GOALKEEPER PEPE REINA FROM AC MILAN

Pepe Reina, who spent eight years at Liverpool, has joined the Serie A club shortly after a loan spell at Aston Villa who scraped Premier League survival in the 2019/20 season.

Lazio have signed Spanish goalkeeper Pepe Reina from AC Milan on a permanent deal, the Serie A clubs have said.
The 37-year-old joined Milan in 2018 after a three-year stint at Napoli but made just 13 appearances for the club. He spent the second half of last season on loan to England's Aston Villa.

At Lazio, he is expected to serve as backup to Albanian Thomas Strakosha.

"I am happy with his arrival, he has incredible experience. He is one of the strongest goalkeepers in history and he will help me improve," Strakosha said.

Reina, who won 36 caps for Spain and was part of their World Cup-winning squad in 2010, spent eight seasons at Liverpool, where he won the Premier League Golden Glove award for most clean sheets in his first three seasons with the club.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/transfers-1/2019-2020/_sto7853336/story.shtml
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2021, 08:48:05 am »

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2021, 01:39:58 pm »
I can’t be the only one who finds Reina doing that completely ordinary. The big loon.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2021, 02:30:50 pm »
Haha wtf.  It's not even surprising.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2021, 03:21:52 pm »
Love Pepe Reina :lmao

Haha wtf.  It's not even surprising.

exactly  ;D

He is the man that did this of course:

https://twitter.com/SkySportDE/status/1251133639280275458?s=20

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2021, 04:44:36 pm »
I can’t be the only one who finds Reina doing that completely ordinary. The big loon.

Yeah, it does seem to fit his character, but I have to admit when I read the post I thought he was having another kid, because doesn't he already have about a million of them? ;)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2021, 04:46:22 pm »
:lmao

He's great is Pepe
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2021, 02:31:48 am »
Our Brazilians are, or were, pretty big on Bolsonaro, so there's that..
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2021, 06:17:12 pm »
God, those costumes really freak me out. Fair play to Pepe though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2021, 08:49:14 am »
Our Brazilians are, or were, pretty big on Bolsonaro, so there's that..

Yep but we should be able to separate the player with the person and love that player for his football only but nothing beyond that.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2022, 04:15:07 pm »
A few videos and some info on Pepe Reina...

Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepe_Reina

LFCHisotry.net player Profile page: www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1126

LiverpoolFC.com Player Profile page: www.liverpoolfc.com/history/past-players/pepe-reina

'Pepe Reina Liverpool Legend' - a 4 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/O_PEwIuOXTg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/O_PEwIuOXTg</a>

Pepe Reina Goalkeeper 2005-2014: 100 Players That Shook The Kop - a 4 minute video:-

www.facebook.com/TheKopLocker/videos/573290189506454

'Pepe Reina The Best GoalKeeper' - a 7 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F407A807sQE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F407A807sQE</a>

'Pepe Reina | Liverpool | 2005-2013 | HD' - a 4 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jn0got4hQhk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jn0got4hQhk</a>

'Liverpool vs CSKA Moscow 3-1 Highlights & Goals - Super Cup Final 2005' - 10 minute highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/p1CqD1Qcg8I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/p1CqD1Qcg8I</a>

'Liverpool 3 - 3 West Ham (2006 FA Cup Final) | From The Archive':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sx97LGqGap8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sx97LGqGap8</a>

'European Cup Classic: Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea (4-1 Pens) | Reina heroics puts Reds into final':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/exsOSXyIpbs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/exsOSXyIpbs</a>

'2012 League Cup Final; Liverpool 2-2 Cardiff City - Liverpool win 3-2 on pens':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WHz8W6sAdG0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WHz8W6sAdG0</a>

'Top 10: The best Premier League penalty saves' - from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/51-ytXRpiVc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/51-ytXRpiVc</a>

'Liverpool vs Sunderland - the Beach Ball'; 2010 - aka referees who don't follow the rules of the game:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rPKPZchZitg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rPKPZchZitg</a>

'Reina reveals his top 5 keepers'; 2011 - a 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/drkyd57AXdw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/drkyd57AXdw</a>

'Pepe Reina - Liverpool Legend HD - Career Saves':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RoLtsbeWtpo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RoLtsbeWtpo</a>

'Pepe Reina - Liverpool's Wall 2009/10':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IbESx9yLNuM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IbESx9yLNuM</a>

'Pepe Reina's Best Saves HD• Liverpool 2010/2011':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gpd2X0DEkj8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gpd2X0DEkj8</a>

'Pepe Reina | The Moment of Flight':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4dHG1TqHsCc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4dHG1TqHsCc</a>

'Pepe Reina Liverpool Legend':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wqq-hoyqQs8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wqq-hoyqQs8</a>

'Pepe Reina celebrates Ngog's goal against Manchester United' - 2009/10 season - warning: contains Gray & Keys:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/276GNqaKXzM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/276GNqaKXzM</a>

'1.FC Kaiserslautern vs. FC Liverpool' - playing centre-midfield for Liverpool in a pre-season friendly in 2006 (Reina's shot is at 6m 20s into the video):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vWkmyR0BdYY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vWkmyR0BdYY</a>

'Pepe Reina - BBC Football Focus'; 2014 - and Reina on leaving Liverpool:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qOTdb86Uzcs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qOTdb86Uzcs</a>

'Pepe Reina reveals how it feels to win the World Cup!' - a 5 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/X8PaxNNNKLI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/X8PaxNNNKLI</a>

'Liverpool 1-0 Barcelona - UEFA Cup Semi-final 2000/2001'; 12 minute highlights - vs a certain Pepe Reina in goal for Barca:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8mQpM_ppkYY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8mQpM_ppkYY</a>

'Pepe Reina returns to Villarreal CF!' - 2022; a 2 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vDmikySBXVQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vDmikySBXVQ</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/vDmikySBXVQ

'Pepe Reina 19/20 - Premier League Highlights'; 2020 - a 2 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DGIqqA2MqKM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DGIqqA2MqKM</a>

'"It's massive for the club!" Emotional Pepe Reina reacts after final game to keep Aston Villa in the Premier League' - 2020:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/N_hJpnnCQsk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/N_hJpnnCQsk</a>

'Pepe Reina interview to Milan TV during the US Tour':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K8QXMQEATM8/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K8QXMQEATM8/</a>

'Pepe Reina - A World-Class No.2' - from his time at Bayern Munich; a 2+ minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6K8FSD9djCA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6K8FSD9djCA</a>

'Pepe Reina 2017 ● Best Saves ● Ultimate saves & skills show - Napoli' - 4 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YCnPYSyD4RM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YCnPYSyD4RM</a>

'Pepe Reina - Napoli - Best Saves 2016/17':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/L35OGAGzJLA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/L35OGAGzJLA</a>

'Epic moment of Pepe Reina vs Manchester Utd':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-UysRuyYNQA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-UysRuyYNQA</a>

^ Pepe Reina with his 3 'Golden Gove' awards - for seasons 2005/06, 2006/07, and 2007/08 - www.premierleague.com/news/1206130

Some articles on Pepe Reina...

Pepe - My Autobiography: www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3303

Premiership's Golden Glove three years running: www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/2673

The owners stopped Reina going to Arsenal for £20m: www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3294

Is Reina the best keeper in Liverpool's history?: www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/2387

Reina has the safest hands: www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/1982

The record breaking keeper: www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/988

Pepe Reina calls for Liverpool FC co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to sell club quickly (2010): www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pepe-reina-calls-liverpool-fc-3422885

Reina wanted Liverpool pair Carragher, Gerrard to speak out against former owners: www.madeupnonsense.com/articles/reina-wanted-liverpool-pair-carragher-gerrard-speak-out-against-former-owners-1931091

Liverpool FC owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett accused of holding Reds back: www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owners-tom-hicks-102875

“I know Carra has admitted that I asked him why neither he nor Stevie spoke out at the time. I understand their reasons, that they felt that they had to be professional and not get dragged into a war, and I respect them. We might have disagreed on this subject but that did not mean we fell out with each other or anything like that. The club had enough problems without the senior players having problems with one another because of a difference of opinion. The way I saw it, Stevie and Carra are the two principle members of our squad, the ones who the people love and maybe if they had said something it would have put Hicks and Gillett under real pressure. But in their view, it was more important to try to keep things as normal as possible rather than risk rocking the boat even more. What was not in doubt was that we all just wanted the best for the club.

“This was an extraordinary time and it should never come down to the supporters to decide whether or not they should protest, or to the senior players to decide if it is right to speak out against the owners. It just shouldn’t happen. We were all being put in a bad position by Hicks and Gillett. Whatever choices we made at the time should be judged against the backdrop of how bad the situation had become, not against us as individuals. My respect for Stevie and Carra did not change one bit, even though we saw things differently. We all did what we thought was right, that is all anyone can ever do.” - Pepe Reina: My Autobiography.

Remembering when Pepe Reina played as a midfielder for Liverpool: www.planetfootball.com/nostalgia/remembering-when-pepe-reina-played-as-a-midfielder-for-liverpool

Pepe Reina describes playing for Liverpool as "best thing that happened to me": www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pepe-reina-liverpool-lazio-goalkeeper-23919464

Interview | Pepe Reina on Liverpool being back where they belong: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/350711-pepe-reina-liverpool-champions-league-success

Pepe Reina is the ringmaster again as Spain celebrate their World Cup win: www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3090

Pepe Reina explains Liverpool regret as goalkeeper discusses next step in career: www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pepe-reina-liverpool-career-regret-21462348

Reina reflects on the ‘best years’ of his life in football – ‘my prime was Liverpool’: www.football365.com/news/reina-reflects-on-best-years-life-football-my-prime-liverpool

Pepe Reina: My love for Liverpool, their fans - and Steven Gerrard: www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pepe-reina-love-liverpool-fans-8939063

Ranking Pepe Reina's Top 5 Moments as a Liverpool Player: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2153851-ranking-pepe-reinas-top-5-moments-as-a-liverpool-player

Why Pepe Reina is Liverpool's Unsung Hero: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/301681-pepe-reina-liverpools-unsung-hero

Portuguese targets, Aspas & a 4th finals for Reina: www.thisisanfield.com/2018/06/portuguese-targets-aspas-a-4th-finals-for-reina-2018-world-cup-group-b-preview

Pepe celebrates Spain's European Cup win in style!: www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/2326

Pepe Reina pens heartfelt goodbye letter to LFC fans (2013): www.thisisanfield.com/2013/07/pepe-reina-pens-heartfelt-goodbye-letter-to-lfc-fans

Pepe Reina player profile at Transfermarkt: www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pepe-reina/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/7825

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' content info for years gone by, recent times, Season Reviews, Cup Final victories - Domestic, European, and World...

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.0

« Last Edit: November 7, 2022, 04:40:28 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576