Author Topic: Craig Johnston on Talksport right now  (Read 22319 times)

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Craig Johnston on Talksport right now
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2011, 12:52:07 pm »
A lot of us "normal" folks share his views and he's spot on about the money and greed in the game, it's obscene.

Although unless there's a major fan revolt that results in drastic changes (structural/personnel/etc) throughout English - and indeed, World - football I sadly can't see anything changing. We've seen fan power in action at our very own club so it can be done, but whilst the gravy train is still rolling in there's no incentive for anybody in the game to change anything. Just look at FIFA as an example, they're an embarrassment.

I agree with him it is a matter of time though, football can't stay immune to the financial problems in the World which are looking like they will get worse before getting any better.

Still - great interview, brilliant to hear from him - really top bloke. As passionate as they come, and more intelligent than most.

Offline tontherock

• Main Stander
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2011, 02:19:49 pm »
Finally had the time to listen to the interview, always loved watching Skippy's never give up attitude when he played and was gutted when he retired, especially as the news was broken by a tabloid the day of the 1988 cup final. Total respect for the man and why he gave up football. He certainly is right about the way football is going moneywise but not sure what will or can be done about it.

Offline ceered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2011, 04:35:18 pm »
A fantastic interview.

It's great to hear someone talking straight from the heart and saying what they reall think for once. Instead of all the normal interviews that are actually full of absolutely nothing and avoid anything remotely controversial in case someone doesn't like it.

Great respect to Craig.

Shame the interview had to be with them two - but so worth a listen if you haven't already.

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2011, 09:48:18 pm »
sat with my dad and listened to it - pure gold. Bring him home...
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline RedBo

• Main Stander
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2011, 10:14:45 pm »
Fantastic interview from start to finish.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2011, 11:28:36 pm »
Pretty amazing guy.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2011, 11:30:07 pm »
This is top notch. Really enjoying this.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2011, 12:03:51 am »
Great interview Craig's enthusiasm for the game is fantastic  you can tell he really cares about it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 18, 2011, 12:10:21 am »
He was never the most technically gifted of players which was a problem in terms of getting into a team full of talent.  The fact he did get in regularly speaks volumes about his enthusiasm.  He was Kuyt with speed.   

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 2, 2012, 09:58:59 pm »
he's on the station again tomorrow on a programme called "my sporting life" at 10pm.

should be a good listen.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #130 on: March 3, 2012, 10:24:06 am »
Despite the station that broadcasts it 'My Sporting Life' is currently one of the best things on the radio...

wish to fuck the BBC would headhunt Danny Kelly back to where he belongs
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #131 on: March 3, 2012, 10:44:55 am »
Despite the station that broadcasts it 'My Sporting Life' is currently one of the best things on the radio...

wish to fuck the BBC would headhunt Danny Kelly back to where he belongs

You sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ydPUprifs
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #132 on: March 3, 2012, 11:41:18 am »
Absolutely brilliant programme, should be mandatory listening for players & fans - well, for everyone really...
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #133 on: March 3, 2012, 11:39:22 pm »
Listening to it now, what a guy! He has had me in tears. Love him,
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 4, 2012, 12:22:19 am »
He is just a terrific guy and would love to see him working with juniors and in charge of a junior system. The points he raised about the English kids in the you tube clip were enlightening. He upsets people because he speaks the truth and lots of people have vested interests in not disturbing the status quo. Anyone who can develop themselves from a kid with no talent to play for the best club team in the world has to have an idea or two about development that others can learn from. Loved his ideas about the measuring of skills and allowing youngsters to know where they are in their development.

Really smart guy and passionate. If i had a lad that was under his coaching i would feel safe in the knowledge that he was being given every opportunity to be his best.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?