Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 541243 times)

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #4200 on: March 6, 2019, 04:27:24 pm »
We'll see how next season goes but already a club legend nevertheless - 5th on the all time goalscoring list for Barcelona (Ahead of Samu, Alcantara, Escola & Rivaldo).  13 from 4th, 23 from 3rd (Kubala)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4201 on: March 6, 2019, 08:54:30 pm »
Pretty insane he gets all that criticism and he's their 5th top goalscorer of all time and will most likely get to 4th, that's a huge achievement for a club like Barcelona who have had some of the most wonderful goalscorers in football over the years 

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4202 on: March 7, 2019, 07:59:26 am »
Pretty insane he gets all that criticism and he's their 5th top goalscorer of all time and will most likely get to 4th, that's a huge achievement for a club like Barcelona who have had some of the most wonderful goalscorers in football over the years

2nd will be tough (61 goals away) to reach but 3rd is very achievable, I absolutely love him.  He has not been himself this season (I think he has carrying at least one injury) but always works more than others on the pitch.  His last season in the Premiership remains a truly memorable series of highlights - like cules, you lot were luck to enjoy him as long as you did.  Incredible player

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4203 on: April 11, 2019, 10:48:14 pm »
Quite a bit of talk out there that Luis Suarez is now a bit of a fattie ... The Beeb are reporting this on their main footy page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47902582

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hOZ51scj3fE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hOZ51scj3fE</a>
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4204 on: April 12, 2019, 12:24:19 am »

They had him pictured coming out of the shower at OT.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #4205 on: April 12, 2019, 01:49:35 am »
Quite a bit of talk out there that Luis Suarez is now a bit of a fattie ... The Beeb are reporting this on their main footy page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47902582

I think someone at the beeb is actually taking a sly dig at Luke Shaw.
Look at that pic of Suarez next to Shaw in that article link..

Only a d1ckhead would think Luis is fat. He's just a stocky player. A bit like Romario.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #4206 on: April 12, 2019, 04:15:11 pm »
god I'd love the 13/14 version of Luis in our current team. Rival defenses wouldn't even begin to comprehend the offensive onslaught they'd be subject to.

Minus the biting, of course. Keep those teeth guarded, Luis.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4207 on: April 16, 2019, 07:40:39 am »
Once again, he’s proven that he’s a true Red who embraced the club, city and culture. Always paying his respects is our Luis.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4208 on: April 16, 2019, 07:56:55 am »
Once again, he’s proven that he’s a true Red who embraced the club, city and culture. Always paying his respects is our Luis.

That’s the mark this club leaves on you bro.

Quite glance at former players like Dudek, Riise, Enrique of the top of my head. All massive Liverpool fans now and constantly active on social media in regards to us

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4209 on: April 16, 2019, 02:20:42 pm »
What did he do recently?

(to be honest I think it's virtually impossible not to fall in love with Liverpool and LFC once you've been connected with them)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4210 on: April 16, 2019, 03:07:42 pm »
What did he do recently?

(to be honest I think it's virtually impossible not to fall in love with Liverpool and LFC once you've been connected with them)

He posted this on Twitter -

@LuisSuarez9
 17h17 hours ago
Never forget @LFC

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4211 on: April 26, 2019, 03:34:19 pm »
Stunning interview with the Guardian. He hasn't changed. Does speak well about us, though it's obviously way more about him than us.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/26/luis-suarez-interview-barcelona-liverpool-any-player-join

“My kids never go to Champions League games but they want to go to this one,” Suárez says, stirring hot water into the yerba, the names of his wife Sofia and his children Delfina, 8, Benjamín, 6, and Lautaro embossed on the mate cup, their photos on his flask. “I was talking to Sofi about Anfield and they said: ‘We’re going too.’ We’ll all go, except maybe Lauti, six months yesterday. Benja was very small but he was born in Liverpool and knows it’s his first stadium; he’s seen photos. Part of Delfi’s childhood is there: when she first started to get excited by football, it was there. She remembers what it was like, singing You’ll Never Walk Alone, so imagine what this means for her.

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4212 on: April 26, 2019, 04:09:56 pm »
That interview with Luis is indeed a good read.

He was fucking incredible.  Amazing to think they almost pulled it off in '14.

Hope he gets absolutely nothing vs LFC though.
Cheers

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #4213 on: May 1, 2019, 08:51:03 pm »
The fucking prick.
JFT97

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4214 on: May 1, 2019, 08:57:24 pm »
The fucking prick.

Yeah .. he shoiuld let liverpool win

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4215 on: May 1, 2019, 08:58:13 pm »
He's only doing what he did for us, we can't expect him to be nice to us just because he played for us years ago.

Besides, you're only going to get this thread closed by posting in it during a match.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4216 on: May 1, 2019, 09:01:53 pm »
The little c*nt found Coutinho a house before Barca bought him. I don’t take this lightly. He is the idea behind the movie “Teeth”
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline marto

• Main Stander
« Reply #4217 on: May 1, 2019, 09:02:59 pm »
Yeah .. he shoiuld let liverpool win

No, he should be a bit more professional and stop the provoking and starting fights in an attempt to get our players booked and sent off.
But then again only a player like that would go to play for Barcelona.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4218 on: April 7, 2020, 06:29:28 am »
Not sure how and if this has been covered internationally, but he's basically feeding thousands of people in Uruguay during the pandemic, both in the capital Montevideo (500 families in one of the poorest neighborhoods, where he made sure that all products were purchased in local stores for additional support) and his hometown Salto (another 1000 families). Also, he and the rest of the national team are subsidizing all the players from the second and third divisions.

"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4219 on: April 7, 2020, 09:21:13 am »
Well done to him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4220 on: April 7, 2020, 09:27:09 am »
South American players never forget their roots as many worked their way out of poorer areas. Good on him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4221 on: April 7, 2020, 09:29:16 am »
He was always a good egg. Fucking nutter when he’s on the pitch.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4222 on: April 7, 2020, 09:32:28 am »
Brilliant to hear, that.

Edit: In terms of verification, found this from a few days back: https://www.elobservador.com.uy/nota/llegaron-a-salto-1-000-canastas-donadas-por-luis-suarez-202044125325

And also an article in the Mirror from late March:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/coronavirus-luis-suarez-helps-feed-21771786
« Last Edit: April 7, 2020, 09:41:05 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #4223 on: April 22, 2020, 01:32:05 am »
Not having been around for Kenny, but having seen this incredible team we have now, I still think Suarez is the best player I've seen in a Liverpool shirt. The sheer natural talent and desire to win puts him above any player we've got in the squad right now - as wonderful as they are. I was looking for an old free kick of his and found a video that had SIX goals from direct free kicks from him in a single season.

It's a shame he was never going to stay with us. I honestly don't think he would have stayed with us even if we'd won the league that season, or even if he were a part of this team. Barcelona has in the fullness of time, turned out to be the main club of his career. He's obviously very happy there and has found a home his family loves and a best friend in Messi. I don't think that would be the case with any of the players we have now, who have all become the players they've become and won the things they've won with us, and have a sense of identification with the club, its history, and its ethos that I don't think any Liverpool squad has had for a long time - thanks mostly to Klopp.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4224 on: April 22, 2020, 07:18:33 pm »
Not having been around for Kenny, but having seen this incredible team we have now, I still think Suarez is the best player I've seen in a Liverpool shirt. The sheer natural talent and desire to win puts him above any player we've got in the squad right now - as wonderful as they are. I was looking for an old free kick of his and found a video that had SIX goals from direct free kicks from him in a single season.

It's a shame he was never going to stay with us. I honestly don't think he would have stayed with us even if we'd won the league that season, or even if he were a part of this team. Barcelona has in the fullness of time, turned out to be the main club of his career. He's obviously very happy there and has found a home his family loves and a best friend in Messi. I don't think that would be the case with any of the players we have now, who have all become the players they've become and won the things they've won with us, and have a sense of identification with the club, its history, and its ethos that I don't think any Liverpool squad has had for a long time - thanks mostly to Klopp.
I was around to see Kenny play and he was defo magical.
But I've also been around to see Luis play, and he's also magic.

They are slightly different players.. Kenny was more elegant and oozed effortless class - with effective play, mind you.. creating and scoring some beauties.
Luis is more of livewire constant ball of energy driving the forward line on and just so unpredictable... but also a consistently world-class creator and scorer... of some beauties too.

Having said that... in the modern game, and especially in a Klopp 11, if there was only room for one of the above in the team then I'd pick Suarez.
I think he'd add more to the way we play under Klopp than Kenny.

That's the best compliment I can give to be honest

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4225 on: April 22, 2020, 07:42:57 pm »
Well done to the man.  Off the pitch he's always come across as a decent enough person, but as fucking appalled says, he's a complete nutter on the pitch.

As for Luis v Kenny in a Klopp team, I'd say for Jurgen it's about attitude as much as it is about skill; so I think Jurgen would prefer Kenny over Luis.  Robertson (and maybe a few others) have a bit of a snide streak, which is good, but Luis can be outright dirty, and I don't think Jurgen goes for that - unless perhaps the player can show the discipline to use that attitude at the right moment, and keep his head clear the rest of the time.

That's just personal opinion though.  Objectively, I'd say it would be which player would have the stamina to play Jurgen's game.  From that measure I'd reluctantly say peak Luis probably edges it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #4226 on: June 26, 2020, 09:24:12 pm »
Sounds like the knee surgery didn't go well, and he is gimping around the restarted games. The barca fans seem resigned that he is done as a top player:

"He's finished"

"Everybit of his body is done"

"He is absolutely finished as a starter"

"he is done."

Feel bad for him, was one of the most exciting, entertaining players I have ever seen. The way he played balls out, amazing that his body lasted this long.

I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4227 on: June 27, 2020, 12:07:00 am »
Barca fans are wankers though?

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #4228 on: June 27, 2020, 02:21:43 pm »
Barca fans are wankers though?

Yes.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #4229 on: June 27, 2020, 06:01:04 pm »
Sounds like the knee surgery didn't go well, and he is gimping around the restarted games. The barca fans seem resigned that he is done as a top player:

"He's finished"

"Everybit of his body is done"

"He is absolutely finished as a starter"

"he is done."

Feel bad for him, was one of the most exciting, entertaining players I have ever seen. The way he played balls out, amazing that his body lasted this long.

No doubt they'll be raging that he's scored twice today ;D  (Along with our favourite corner taker, Iago!)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4230 on: July 9, 2020, 09:39:04 am »
So I bought a new charger for my phone, and guess who is on the front of the box, as the official brand ambassador?

Love the fella but finding the press release made me laugh  :D

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/luis-suarez-becomes-tronsmart-brand-ambassador-300640939.html

"Suárez has been deemed "the perfect fit" for this company due to shared values and motivations. Tronsmart has a diverse line of products equipped with top-notch features that enrich the lives of their customers. "

Shared values? Such as....

"Suárez has always associated with companies that have a vision of making the world a better place. These same standards are shared by Tronsmart as they strive to make people's lives easier with their products."

Ah.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4231 on: July 9, 2020, 12:19:15 pm »
^^^ That's just reminded me of that brilliant advert he did for some office business a few years ago! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #4232 on: July 9, 2020, 01:04:00 pm »
So I bought a new charger for my phone, and guess who is on the front of the box, as the official brand ambassador?

Love the fella but finding the press release made me laugh  :D

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/luis-suarez-becomes-tronsmart-brand-ambassador-300640939.html

"Suárez has been deemed "the perfect fit" for this company due to shared values and motivations. Tronsmart has a diverse line of products equipped with top-notch features that enrich the lives of their customers. "

Shared values? Such as....

"Suárez has always associated with companies that have a vision of making the world a better place. These same standards are shared by Tronsmart as they strive to make people's lives easier with their products."

Ah.

Golden Shoe winner...must be a fashion award.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #4233 on: July 26, 2020, 09:55:44 am »
On Sky Sports now ...legends of the Premier League WHAT A PLAYER.  Sadly I have been unable to re-watch his goals without feeling sick after our nearly year.  Feels completely different now after our success .... WHAT A TEAM... WHAT A MANAGER... WHAT A TIME TO BE A RED 8) 8) 8)

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4234 on: July 26, 2020, 10:42:00 am »
On Sky Sports now ...legends of the Premier League WHAT A PLAYER.  Sadly I have been unable to re-watch his goals without feeling sick after our nearly year.  Feels completely different now after our success .... WHAT A TEAM... WHAT A MANAGER... WHAT A TIME TO BE A RED 8) 8) 8)
I think because he didn't win the Prem he might be overlooked as one of the PL greatest. IMO, he's up there as one of the best ever. One of the most complete forwards I've ever seen and only Gerrard was one his level during the pre-Klopp era. That being said, I really dislike him as a person, doesn't look like he appreciate us much.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #4235 on: July 26, 2020, 01:25:45 pm »
I think because he didn't win the Prem he might be overlooked as one of the PL greatest. IMO, he's up there as one of the best ever. One of the most complete forwards I've ever seen and only Gerrard was one his level during the pre-Klopp era. That being said, I really dislike him as a person, doesn't look like he appreciate us much.

I think for me he is maybe the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt, and that includes even our current crop of World beating champions, and that season he gave possibly one of the best individual seasons of any player in the Prem ever. I challenge anyone to find me a better single season highlight reel then that, and even that would miss off his consistently and absolutely dogged determination off the ball.

Although some of his on field antics are highly questionable, I didn´t take to heart his Barca antics against us as hard as some did. He rightly got pilloried at a feral pit of an Anfield, as did every other Barca player, and then they got spanked and sent home and reminded of what will never be replicated at the Camp Nou. And that's where it stops for me. We loved it when he did it for us (within limits anyway) so it is a bit rich to get all offended when he dishes it back. Love it or hate it it´s what he does, and he doesn´t do it personally. He´s a pantomime villain and always has been.

I think it is clear from his interviews that he still holds an affinity for Liverpool the club, Liverpool the city and Liverpool the people. His insane on-field antics have always been in stark contrast with his super chilled out off-field personality. He´s still very much a family man and this is where his kids spent their first years of life (he still says his daughter´s a little Scouser). For what its worth, I think he actually probably was a bit hurt to get such a hostile welcome, even if he did bring it on himself (and on a night like that I wouldn´t have wanted a single Barca player to receive anything less).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 01:28:38 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4236 on: July 26, 2020, 01:39:16 pm »
I think for me he is maybe the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt, and that includes even our current crop of World beating champions, and that season he gave possibly one of the best individual seasons of any player in the Prem ever. I challenge anyone to find me a better single season highlight reel then that, and even that would miss off his consistently and absolutely dogged determination off the ball.

Although some of his on field antics are highly questionable, I didn´t take to heart his Barca antics against us as hard as some did. He rightly got pilloried at a feral pit of an Anfield, as did every other Barca player, and then they got spanked and sent home and reminded of what will never be replicated at the Camp Nou. And that's where it stops for me. We loved it when he did it for us (within limits anyway) so it is a bit rich to get all offended when he dishes it back. Love it or hate it it´s what he does, and he doesn´t do it personally. He´s a pantomime villain and always has been.

I think it is clear from his interviews that he still holds an affinity for Liverpool the club, Liverpool the city and Liverpool the people. His insane on-field antics have always been in stark contrast with his super chilled out off-field personality. He´s still very much a family man and this is where his kids spent their first years of life (he still says his daughter´s a little Scouser). For what its worth, I think he actually probably was a bit hurt to get such a hostile welcome, even if he did bring it on himself (and on a night like that I wouldn´t have wanted a single Barca player to receive anything less).

I can't agree with a lot of the last paragraph, goes back to what Klopp said at his incoming press conference how you leave the club is more important than when you arrived. To me his antics left a sour taste in the mouth and if it was anyone other than Suarez a lot of people would have been less forgiving of his behaviour. Not disputing his brilliance as a player or anything but his attitude especially after everything the club did for him, was downright small time. By the end of his time here, I was quite happy to see the back of him, its all too easy to play up to the fans afterwards and say how much the club means to him. I wouldn't put him on a higher spectrum than the current players either, he didn't win us the first title in thirty years, the current bunch did and they didn't need to pull off any antics to do it either.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4237 on: July 26, 2020, 02:40:46 pm »
I can't agree with a lot of the last paragraph, goes back to what Klopp said at his incoming press conference how you leave the club is more important than when you arrived. To me his antics left a sour taste in the mouth and if it was anyone other than Suarez a lot of people would have been less forgiving of his behaviour. Not disputing his brilliance as a player or anything but his attitude especially after everything the club did for him, was downright small time. By the end of his time here, I was quite happy to see the back of him, its all too easy to play up to the fans afterwards and say how much the club means to him. I wouldn't put him on a higher spectrum than the current players either, he didn't win us the first title in thirty years, the current bunch did and they didn't need to pull off any antics to do it eithe

Well said. His reaction to his goal at the camp nou and his general attitude on the pitch was shite, considering that the club backed him more than any other club would during his situations. In hindsight we shouldn't have.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #4238 on: July 26, 2020, 08:50:54 pm »
I can't agree with a lot of the last paragraph, goes back to what Klopp said at his incoming press conference how you leave the club is more important than when you arrived. To me his antics left a sour taste in the mouth and if it was anyone other than Suarez a lot of people would have been less forgiving of his behaviour. Not disputing his brilliance as a player or anything but his attitude especially after everything the club did for him, was downright small time. By the end of his time here, I was quite happy to see the back of him, its all too easy to play up to the fans afterwards and say how much the club means to him. I wouldn't put him on a higher spectrum than the current players either, he didn't win us the first title in thirty years, the current bunch did and they didn't need to pull off any antics to do it either.
Couldn't have put it better myself. With each passing year, I grow ever more ambivalent and the memory of his goals fade, not least because we now have 3 forwards who are on a higher level, both individually and as a complete attacking unit.

Likewise, I'm glad they have eclipsed his achievements with us, by some distance too. Also, that Sadio, Bobby and Mo are genuinely humble and free of the shite Suarez regularly brought upon himself, just further highlights the upgrade. You only have to look at a player like Salah, and how he "celebrated" at Anfield when ripping his old club (and future goalie teammate) apart in the 2018 CL, and compare that to a disrespectful Luis at the Nou Camp. That's the thing about pantomime villains I guess, they love to be booed.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4239 on: July 27, 2020, 09:02:38 am »
Couldn't have put it better myself. With each passing year, I grow ever more ambivalent and the memory of his goals fade, not least because we now have 3 forwards who are on a higher level, both individually and as a complete attacking unit.

Likewise, I'm glad they have eclipsed his achievements with us, by some distance too. Also, that Sadio, Bobby and Mo are genuinely humble and free of the shite Suarez regularly brought upon himself, just further highlights the upgrade. You only have to look at a player like Salah, and how he "celebrated" at Anfield when ripping his old club (and future goalie teammate) apart in the 2018 CL, and compare that to a disrespectful Luis at the Nou Camp. That's the thing about pantomime villains I guess, they love to be booed.

Yeah, totally agree.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI