Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 543475 times)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #4080 on: December 19, 2017, 06:05:58 pm »
Summed him up when the rest of the team were jogging back into the dressing room after the game, but Suarez was devastated with his hands on his head in the centre circle - he really wanted to win.

You know what... i never actually knew that mate. I'll never forget the celebration after the freekick though, he went insane. Reminded me of when you see basketball players dunk or make a block and let out an insane scream

Has he ever even taken a freekick for Barca? Let alone scored one! Maybe he has this season, now that Neymar has gone. It's meant that it's often forgotten that he's one of the very best freekick takers in world football.

I've only seen him take one for them (of course he scored). Its true, he's unreal at them and it

To be fair if you look at the team he was playing in, thinking about it now its incredible how many freekick takers were in their side.

Messi
Suarez
Neymar
Rakitic
Alves

Xavi & Iniesta (Less so but still)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #4081 on: December 23, 2017, 03:29:27 pm »
Great effort from the fellah again today and really outplayed the Real defense. He should have buried a few more though!

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4082 on: December 25, 2017, 04:26:01 am »
If he played in any other team in the world he’d be the best player in that team.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #4083 on: December 25, 2017, 08:47:18 pm »
If he played in any other team in the world he’d be the best player in that team.

Still think he is in that one. He might not be the most skillful but for tenacity and will to win i'd take him over anyone.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4084 on: December 25, 2017, 09:32:27 pm »

Not at all.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: January 9, 2018, 02:54:23 pm »
That pic of Suarez and Coutinho hurts a bit doesn't it.  :-\
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4086 on: January 16, 2018, 05:34:04 pm »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4087 on: January 16, 2018, 11:04:05 pm »
That pic of Suarez and Coutinho hurts a bit doesn't it.  :-\

and Masch - love to get them in the next round and fucking batter them

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4088 on: January 17, 2018, 11:30:50 am »
and Masch - love to get them in the next round and fucking batter them

You won't get that chance with Mascherano as he will be heading to China next week in a transfer, aka heading out to pasture

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4089 on: January 17, 2018, 11:32:36 am »
Has he ever even taken a freekick for Barca? Let alone scored one! Maybe he has this season, now that Neymar has gone. It's meant that it's often forgotten that he's one of the very best freekick takers in world football.

He has taken them before, even with Neymar in the squad - and scored

In general, Luis gets the freekicks to the left of the face of goal that is more suited to a right footed player else they are all for Leo.  Occasionally Rakitic gets a fk in there too

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: January 17, 2018, 03:07:17 pm »
You won't get that chance with Mascherano as he will be heading to China next week in a transfer, aka heading out to pasture

You'd think he'd want one last hurrah in Argentina - what with the WC coming up but it must be hard to turn down the dosh from China.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4091 on: January 18, 2018, 08:41:16 am »
You'd think he'd want one last hurrah in Argentina - what with the WC coming up but it must be hard to turn down the dosh from China.

It's that and the fact that he wants to play regularly ahead of the WC for fear of being overlooked, it's the last hurrah for him at the WC as well

Suarez is already the greatest non-Messi striker in the club's history, for me.  Currently 7th in the club's history of goals with 135 goals. Paulino @143 (6th), Escolà @167 (5th), Samitier @184 (4th), Kubala @194 (3rd) and César @232 (2nd).  He's surpassed all the recent striking legends like Romario, Rivaldo & Eto'O and 3rd on the list is probable but I don't think he'll catch César and certainly won't get near Messi
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:50:12 am by FCukBarca Haw-Haw »

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4092 on: January 22, 2018, 01:30:57 pm »
100 league goals in 114 appearances.  Sigh...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4093 on: January 22, 2018, 02:00:18 pm »

Watched a couple of minutes last night. He was wrongly ruled offside and gurned and danced around like a dervish.

I miss the mad bastard.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:01:01 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4094 on: January 22, 2018, 02:58:49 pm »
They are some here that would not take him back ..... :boxhead

Will probably score 25 league goals this year and another 60 plus if stays until his contract ends in 2021. Worse thing is he now has Coutinho to supply him as well plus Messi & Co.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: January 26, 2018, 08:44:44 am »
No other Barcelona player has reached 100 league goals quicker than him. He's now fifth overall and just 8 behind Eto'o.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: January 26, 2018, 02:09:27 pm »
They are some here that would not take him back ..... :boxhead

Will probably score 25 league goals this year and another 60 plus if stays until his contract ends in 2021. Worse thing is he now has Coutinho to supply him as well plus Messi & Co.
He was "average" by his standards last season and most of this season apart from the last few months. by average I mean he was still pulling great numbers  - but he was extremely wasteful and his overall performances where not as good.

I wouldn't have him back simply because he was a dick head when he left and embarrassed the club numerous times. dont need to look back but forward.

never a legend him my eyes, simply because the way he treated the club and won fuck all with us (oh a league cup sorry).  great season he had with us though.

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4097 on: February 1, 2018, 11:03:48 am »
He was "average" by his standards last season and most of this season apart from the last few months. by average I mean he was still pulling great numbers  - but he was extremely wasteful and his overall performances where not as good.

I wouldn't have him back simply because he was a dick head when he left and embarrassed the club numerous times. dont need to look back but forward.

never a legend him my eyes, simply because the way he treated the club and won fuck all with us (oh a league cup sorry).  great season he had with us though.

:butt
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4098 on: February 1, 2018, 04:31:46 pm »
Fans are a fickle lot the world over.  Even many Barcelona fans were already preparing his epitaph earlier in the season

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: April 12, 2018, 02:11:15 am »
Barcelona fans completely turning on Suarez now in the forums: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14058-9-Luis-Su%C3%A1rez/page238

Referring to him as their Rooney, Fat boy, protected by Messi, in a comfort zone, worse than Torres after his decline, really has to go this summer, etc
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4100 on: April 12, 2018, 02:56:29 am »
Barcelona fans completely turning on Suarez now in the forums: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14058-9-Luis-Su%C3%A1rez/page238

Referring to him as their Rooney, Fat boy, protected by Messi, in a comfort zone, worse than Torres after his decline, really has to go this summer, etc
I'd take the mad bastard back at a cut price any day of the week, twice on Sunday.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4101 on: April 12, 2018, 02:58:17 am »
Yes! me too. Bring him "home".

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4102 on: April 12, 2018, 03:00:05 am »
Suarez has got a job to finish here, he nearly won the League. Now is the time.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4103 on: April 12, 2018, 10:49:46 am »
Come on home Luis.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #4104 on: April 12, 2018, 12:15:45 pm »

Can't believe what I read, the disrespect from those ungrateful bastards. Delighted they went out of the CL, "I am sick of this fat piece of shit dragging us down", swear to god if I ever saw this poster in the flesh I would bust his fooking head open. Honestly hurts seeing them talking about him like this, bring him home.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4105 on: April 12, 2018, 01:59:35 pm »
Not been up to his usual standards this season but imagine being so unhappy with a striker of his quality!! Barca and Madrid fans do my head in, so entitled. He'll just have 1 year left on his deal this summer won't he?

edit- just saw his league record actually. 22 in 27..

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4106 on: April 12, 2018, 04:21:14 pm »

Please their crap fans are out of the Champions League then. Also, pleased we don't have to face Luis Suarez!

Would have him back but I don't think we want to turf Bobby Firmino out the team to accomodate; would be an expensive way to destabilise what we have right now.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4107 on: April 12, 2018, 04:51:58 pm »
Would have him back but I don't think we want to turf Bobby Firmino out the team to accomodate; would be an expensive way to destabilise what we have right now.

Not that this transfer is ever happening, but he wouldn't be turfing anyone out. He'd be the backup option. Though I'd imagine half of RAWK think Ings is a better option given his deification on here.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #4108 on: April 12, 2018, 08:05:17 pm »
He still gets plenty of league goals, but his inability to track back and put any pressure on De Rossi, contrasts extremely poorly to Firmino's epic battle against De Bruyne the same night. Suarez's pressing was a huge part of what made him such a monster for us.

Disappointing at only 31 years old.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:07:37 pm by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4109 on: April 12, 2018, 10:11:19 pm »
He still gets plenty of league goals, but his inability to track back and put any pressure on De Rossi, contrasts extremely poorly to Firmino's epic battle against De Bruyne the same night. Suarez's pressing was a huge part of what made him such a monster for us.

He has no problem doing that for Uruguay, so perhaps that's more due to Valverde?
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4110 on: April 12, 2018, 10:58:26 pm »
Fuck him.  Reap what you sow fatty  ;D.

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #4111 on: April 13, 2018, 04:42:10 am »
He has no problem doing that for Uruguay, so perhaps that's more due to Valverde?

Could be, but he had problems in Enrique's team last year.

It could just be he's sick of the strange combination of snobbishy demanding attractive football while also demanding to win every single game that they have over there at Barca. Really the worst kind of culture imaginable for any reasonable person. It's similar at Real, but Ramos and Ronaldo are probably just that bit more narcissitic and conceited to revel in it more and for longer than even warrior Suarez. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:43:52 am by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #4112 on: April 13, 2018, 01:46:39 pm »
I'd take him back in a heartbeat, to be honest...

if he stopped randomly biting opponents and getting himself suspended for shit like that :P

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #4113 on: April 13, 2018, 02:38:49 pm »
Fuck him.  Reap what you sow fatty  ;D.

You know what, a big part of me thinks that every time a player decides to leave us for pastures new.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: April 13, 2018, 08:45:18 pm »
I'd take him back in a heartbeat, to be honest...

if he stopped randomly biting opponents and getting himself suspended for shit like that :P

Bob Paisley had the best approach to top players approaching / reaching their peak..... Suarez's best days are behind him. Lovely memories of him, but he can't improve on what we have, so no thanks.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #4115 on: April 14, 2018, 12:34:45 am »

Err, it’s in English ??

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4116 on: April 14, 2018, 01:34:42 am »
If he is on the decline, can't press like he used to, and misses a lot of chances, then why would you want him back? I'd rather have Firmino at the front, getting around 30 goals and pressing like mad, and I'd rather have Salah on the right, since he is probably now the superior player. On the left, we have Mane, whose pace is very important. I'd rather get someone young, quick and versatile who can do two out of Mane's, Salah's and Firmino's jobs.

For the record, Firmino has 24 goals from 44 games so far, while Suarez has 26 from the same number of games. This is despite the fact that Firmino is not a centre forward for us but something like a false 9. And he does all that pressing.

So unless Suarez doesn't mind being rotated...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:36:35 am by rscanderlech »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4117 on: April 14, 2018, 12:49:13 pm »
Can't believe what I read, the disrespect from those ungrateful bastards. Delighted they went out of the CL, "I am sick of this fat piece of shit dragging us down", swear to god if I ever saw this poster in the flesh I would bust his fooking head open. Honestly hurts seeing them talking about him like this, bring him home.

To be fair, I wouldn't necessarily view English speaking Barca fans as representative of their fanbase.

I don't doubt given their success they probably are entitled bastards that would turn on anyone the moment their form dropped though.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #4118 on: April 14, 2018, 06:20:46 pm »
Going off Barça fans on reddit (I know...) he was terrible again today in spite of the goal he scored. Missed a sitter and screwed up several attacking plays. Apparently his touch is completely gone, and it was never that great to begin with.

He might just be tired as well, Barça are terrible at rotating their forwards.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4119 on: April 14, 2018, 08:31:12 pm »
To be fair, I wouldn't necessarily view English speaking Barca fans as representative of their fanbase.

I don't doubt given their success they probably are entitled bastards that would turn on anyone the moment their form dropped though.

I wouldn't use a forum to judge a fanbase, let alone one speaking a different language. RAWK can be awful when we're struggling for form