Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 957249 times)

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6800 on: October 1, 2022, 08:36:30 pm »
Here's  the thing you're correct we won't find another Klopp but if you think any manager worth his salt wouldn't want to take over one of the biggest and iconic clubs in the world you're the one in for the rude awakening my friend.  :P

Oh plenty will take the job, I never disputed that.

My dispute was that I won't see another Klopp here again.

But then maybe FSG will sell up to actual ambitious owners and our next manager won't need to be as good as Klopp to challenge.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6801 on: October 1, 2022, 08:41:24 pm »
He just can't stop playing Milner over and over again and never in the same position.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #6802 on: October 1, 2022, 08:53:26 pm »
Sorry I find it hard to hide my disgust.

We have a once in a lifetime manager. We should be bending over backwards to give him what he wants. Because if you think we'll just pick another Klopp off a tree you're in for a rude awakening.
Well it's either that or I'll never see Liverpool win a league title and CL again in my lifetime.

Because if you think we'll just pull another manager like Klopp out of the bag you're in for a very rude and sad awakening.

You're now repeating yourself from earlier today. I should know, I've read your posts.

We get it, take a break now or you will have an enforced break for a little bit. Sometimes you need to step away from the keyboard for a bit and go for a walk.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6803 on: October 1, 2022, 08:59:59 pm »
What do you want the owners to do? We either take a gamble on the financial stability of the club or FSG put their hands in their pocket.

It's ridiculous that a club with our revenues seems to have problems in the transfer market, but how much of it is financial prudence and how much is down to being over-cautious?

The problem is what we're up against. If we do miss out on the CL it'll be to 4 teams who have spent a fortune while we've been complacent.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6804 on: October 1, 2022, 09:03:03 pm »
He needs to just go back to basics. In 2020-21, City were 10th after 7 games with 11 points. Pep just made sure they got the basics right and stopped trying to do anything extraordinary. If you watched City from that point onwards in 20-21 that season, you will see that they played with less fluidity and more pragmatism compared to the other years that Pep was there.

We're probably won't end being crowned champions like City did that season, but at least try to salvage a top four finish.  I understand Klopp has his own beliefs but the system doesn't suit the players anymore, and while it's not all his fault that the squad was not refreshed adequately in midfield to keep playing the same system, that's the hand that was dealt to him now. He even admitted after Napoli that we should tweak our approach a little, so it's disappointing to see after a month of not playing games that we're still playing this whole inverted wingback, free roaming number 8 on the right and the two wide forwards pretending to be linesmen system with the same naivety and same problems, trailing pretty much from the start of the game, while expecting different outcomes.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6805 on: October 1, 2022, 09:07:49 pm »
He needs to just go back to basics. In 2020-21, City were 10th after 7 games with 11 points. Pep just made sure they got the basics right and stopped trying to do anything extraordinary. If you watched City from that point onwards in 20-21 that season, you will see that they played with less fluidity and more pragmatism compared to the other years that Pep was there.

We're probably won't end being crowned champions like City did that season, but at least try to salvage a top four finish.  I understand Klopp has his own beliefs but the system doesn't suit the players anymore, and while it's not all his fault that the squad was not refreshed adequately in midfield to keep playing the same system, that's the hand that was dealt to him now. He even admitted after Napoli that we should tweak our approach a little, so it's disappointing to see after a month of not playing games that we're still playing this whole inverted wingback, free roaming number 8 on the right and the two wide forwards pretending to be linesmen system with the same naivety and same problems, trailing pretty much from the start of the game, while expecting different outcomes.

To be fair he significantly changed his team around. They went from a team focussed on width, making the pitch big and using the space to one that was all about compactness, making the game as stale as possible and protecting his centrebacks.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6806 on: October 1, 2022, 09:08:12 pm »
I blame Pep Lijnders' book.

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6807 on: October 1, 2022, 09:10:55 pm »
To be fair he significantly changed his team around. They went from a team focussed on width, making the pitch big and using the space to one that was all about compactness, making the game as stale as possible and protecting his centrebacks.
And it ended with them winning the league. Yeah the football wasn't pretty but their players didn't tire out in a compact schedule (like this season) compared to other teams and it hid the weaknesses in the team especially for the likes of John Stones.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6808 on: October 1, 2022, 09:11:47 pm »

In the context of today's game in isolation it's down to tactics. Just get the basics right. The approach was wrong from the start and we're left chasing the game again and relying on Alisson to keep us in it. Then we get back to 3-2 and typically appalling game management sees us throw it away.

The squad isn't where it should be though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6809 on: October 1, 2022, 09:12:58 pm »
And it ended with them winning the league. Yeah the football wasn't pretty but their players didn't tire out in a compact schedule (like this season) compared to other teams and it hid the weaknesses in the team especially for the likes of John Stones.

Thing is, I cant see us significantly switching how we play. City went from an attacking side to a stale side. I dont see us doing that.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #6810 on: October 1, 2022, 10:13:17 pm »
He just can't stop playing Milner over and over again and never in the same position.

It’s mental how often he’s bringing Milner on for 20+ minutes and he’s coming on time and time again and stinking out the place. Today and Everton springs to mind. He must have signed some sort of contract that says he needs to get on the pitch every game he’s fit cause he’s genuinely played in every single one of our games this season.

That double sub he made today was so so baffling. Genuinely couldn’t believe he brought on Milner and Elliott on at the same time. Both move at snail pace and we were struggling with second balls so he brings on 2 slow players.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #6811 on: October 1, 2022, 10:53:53 pm »
It’s mental how often he’s bringing Milner on for 20+ minutes and he’s coming on time and time again and stinking out the place. Today and Everton springs to mind. He must have signed some sort of contract that says he needs to get on the pitch every game he’s fit cause he’s genuinely played in every single one of our games this season.

That double sub he made today was so so baffling. Genuinely couldn’t believe he brought on Milner and Elliott on at the same time. Both move at snail pace and we were struggling with second balls so he brings on 2 slow players.

Elliott wasn’t too bad - he was pressing.  He will get better with age.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6812 on: October 1, 2022, 11:07:03 pm »
He's being set up for failure by being played in midfield

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #6813 on: October 1, 2022, 11:17:59 pm »
He's messed up badly by getting too inspired by what City are doing with an unrealistic fantasy football budget, is my impression. Needs to get back to tactically focusing on the things we are best at and what we are all about. Like stringing together runs of results that will make this post look daft in time, hopefully.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6814 on: October 2, 2022, 12:13:08 am »
He's messed up badly by getting too inspired by what City are doing with an unrealistic fantasy football budget, is my impression. Needs to get back to tactically focusing on the things we are best at and what we are all about. Like stringing together runs of results that will make this post look daft in time, hopefully.

it's daft now, so I doubt it’ll age better.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6815 on: October 2, 2022, 09:40:11 am »

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6816 on: October 2, 2022, 10:00:12 am »

Elliott is an attakcing modfielder or deep forward. He's  not going to help our problems in central midfield.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6817 on: October 2, 2022, 10:22:35 am »
So if we backed Klopp with a 50-70m CM in the summer we were risking the financial stability of the club?

Bullshit.

It's time we stopped this nonsense that every time we sign a player we risk going bankrupt. Why are we the only big club in danger?

I never said anything either way. I asked you what you wanted the owners to do and asked how much of their hesitation was down to financial prudence and how much was being over cautious.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 01:35:58 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6818 on: October 2, 2022, 10:23:35 am »
it's daft now, so I doubt it’ll age better.

That comment made me laugh.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6819 on: October 2, 2022, 10:32:15 am »
In the context of today's game in isolation it's down to tactics. Just get the basics right. The approach was wrong from the start and we're left chasing the game again and relying on Alisson to keep us in it. Then we get back to 3-2 and typically appalling game management sees us throw it away.

The squad isn't where it should be though.

I’ve only been able to watch their third goal and our whole approach was hopeless and half hearted. Brighton scored a ‘typical’ City goal and I dread to think how we’ll cope with DeBruyne and Haaland.

We haven’t got the basics right and definitely need to tighten up, particularly in the first 15 minutes as we can’t keep on conceding first.

And added to a defence who (with the exception of Allison) appear to have forgotten to defend we had our first choice midfield out yesterday.

As to the squad enough has been said about needing legs in midfield.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6820 on: October 8, 2022, 03:09:45 pm »
7 years ago today he became LFC Manager.   8)

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6821 on: October 8, 2022, 04:46:34 pm »
7 years ago today he became LFC Manager.   8)

Happy gotcha day Jurgen.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6822 on: October 8, 2022, 04:46:42 pm »
Could have at least got Buvac back for that picture ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6823 on: October 8, 2022, 04:48:29 pm »
What a ride the man has given us. I wouldn't swop it for anything.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6824 on: October 8, 2022, 04:51:26 pm »
turned the club around and gave us our best days back.

midpoint of the journey i guess and still plenty more shiny things to be won

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6825 on: October 8, 2022, 09:04:57 pm »
7 years! Mad. I’d just started a new (turned out shit) job on the Monday after we’d just sacked Rodgers so only had snippets around all the buzz of him first being rumoured, and then confirmed as our boss. Turned out to be quite a weird few months for me, but having Jurgen around made life far more fun. What a ride it’s been these last 7 years. This ‘bad’ run (3 defeats this year as someone fairly pointed out earlier) will pass and we’ll have more great days ahead under him.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6826 on: October 8, 2022, 09:40:42 pm »
The Greatest!!!! Never thought I would love a manager more than Rafa and I officially do.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #6827 on: October 8, 2022, 10:50:44 pm »
Oh plenty will take the job, I never disputed that.

My dispute was that I won't see another Klopp here again.

But then maybe FSG will sell up to actual ambitious owners and our next manager won't need to be as good as Klopp to challenge.

When you say "ambitious owners" you must mean people who own countries and who treat LFC like a toy that they show off and brag to others about? There are not many like that about happily!  We will see another great manager at Liverpool - I am old enough to remember fans lamenting the loss of Shankly and then Paisley and saying the same things! We survived and won a few more trophies along the way!
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 10:52:33 pm by Red1976 »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6828 on: October 8, 2022, 11:07:12 pm »
When you say "ambitious owners" you must mean people who own countries and who treat LFC like a toy that they show off and brag to others about? There are not many like that about happily!  We will see another great manager at Liverpool - I am old enough to remember fans lamenting the loss of Shankly and then Paisley and saying the same things! We survived and won a few more trophies along the way!

It's not either or.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6829 on: October 9, 2022, 08:11:04 am »

It's not either or.

It's be careful what you wish for in terms wanting new owners though. Although Chelsea seem to have fell on their feet.

We're being left behind financially though in this league, despite the clubs value being one of the highest in the world.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #6830 on: October 9, 2022, 08:29:45 am »
God, Remember when people went into "Sky Is Falling" mode when Buvac left.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #6831 on: October 9, 2022, 08:37:35 am »
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape…

(Always cracked me up)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6832 on: October 9, 2022, 08:38:33 am »
God, Remember when people went into "Sky Is Falling" mode when Buvac left.

All happening live on the Man City & Newcastle threads right now.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6833 on: October 9, 2022, 09:20:02 am »

gerrard anyone

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6834 on: October 9, 2022, 09:27:36 am »
gerrard anyone

He's got a lot of work to do to win that position. Last thing we want next is for a Lampard/Chelsea scenario holding back the club and damaging the reputation of a club legend.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #6835 on: October 9, 2022, 10:28:28 am »
Agreed - we'll be fine in the long run. Nothing lasts forever in football, and there may be a dip after Jurgen's gone, or there may not. He might well oversee this transition period and leave us with a team that's in great shape for his successor.

It's worth remembering it's only really City we've been competing with since 2015/16, and apart from our injury ravaged 2020/21 and our recent stuttering start, we've been head and shoulders above the rest.

So any new manager coming in is still basically competing with City and an oil state, whose cheating is the primary reason we don't have 21 titles.

The other point is that Guardiola won't be at City forever either, and although they won things before he arrived, it was the combination of him plus almost a £billion in transfers that created this robotic winning and cheating machine. When he goes we might see the City of 2010-2015 which was far less dominant.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2022, 10:30:30 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #6836 on: October 9, 2022, 12:54:03 pm »
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape…

(Always cracked me up)
He did have a bit of the Snape about him didn't he.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6837 on: October 9, 2022, 01:19:08 pm »
Agreed - we'll be fine in the long run. Nothing lasts forever in football, and there may be a dip after Jurgen's gone, or there may not. He might well oversee this transition period and leave us with a team that's in great shape for his successor.

It's worth remembering it's only really City we've been competing with since 2015/16, and apart from our injury ravaged 2020/21 and our recent stuttering start, we've been head and shoulders above the rest.

So any new manager coming in is still basically competing with City and an oil state, whose cheating is the primary reason we don't have 21 titles.

The other point is that Guardiola won't be at City forever either, and although they won things before he arrived, it was the combination of him plus almost a £billion in transfers that created this robotic winning and cheating machine. When he goes we might see the City of 2010-2015 which was far less dominant.

No whoever comes in will be competing with half a dozen clubs who massively outspend us.

Prior to Klopp under these owners we had only qualified for the CL once.

It is Klopp who has turned around our fortunes. We almost take it for granted that we will reach the latter stages of European competitions. I mean from where we where to 4 European finals in 7 years is incredible.

Add in the revenues those runs have generated and it is bizarre to suggest that we will just carry on regardless.

We should cherish every moment of Klopps tenure and above all not take success for granted.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6838 on: October 9, 2022, 02:38:04 pm »
No whoever comes in will be competing with half a dozen clubs who massively outspend us.

Prior to Klopp under these owners we had only qualified for the CL once.

It is Klopp who has turned around our fortunes. We almost take it for granted that we will reach the latter stages of European competitions. I mean from where we where to 4 European finals in 7 years is incredible.

Add in the revenues those runs have generated and it is bizarre to suggest that we will just carry on regardless.

We should cherish every moment of Klopps tenure and above all not take success for granted.

Rafa did similar propping up the Moores and Parry regime (04/07) and Hicks and Gillett (until it fell apart in 09/10) with a hand tied behind his back compared to the teams he was expected to beat to challenge for the league/later stages of CL.

Simeone did it for a period with Atletico. Your position will ultimately default to your spending power.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6839 on: October 9, 2022, 02:54:07 pm »
Rafa did similar propping up the Moores and Parry regime (04/07) and Hicks and Gillett (until it fell apart in 09/10) with a hand tied behind his back compared to the teams he was expected to beat to challenge for the league/later stages of CL.

Simeone did it for a period with Atletico. Your position will ultimately default to your spending power.

I think you could probably add Ferguson at the end of his tenure at United and Wenger at Arsenal.

The notion that we just carry on regardless when Klopp goes is I'll conceived at best and downright dangerous at worst.
"Ohhh-kayyy"