Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 964821 times)

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6880 on: October 16, 2022, 06:39:18 pm »
Just seen what he got sent off for. Hope he is at his brutally honest best when he speaks about it, how the fuck can a player pull a shirt like that infront of an official and play just be waved on

Offline Copenred

• Main Stander
« Reply #6881 on: October 16, 2022, 06:40:56 pm »
One of the worst referee performances I have seen in a long time. Glad that Klopp gave them a proper shout. Unbelievable how the ref misses the freekicks before the City goal and f...... unbelievable how that little midget to Silva escapes a yellow card.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6882 on: October 16, 2022, 06:41:43 pm »
First Kloppo sending off here no? Amazing it took so long!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6883 on: October 16, 2022, 06:44:05 pm »
:P

some even bigger dickhead said he made stupid decisions, quite a few needed to calm the fuck down in that pre-match thread with the Kloppo slander  >:(
There’s only so often the usual suspects can keep saying sorry I was wrong.
How about fucking supporting instead of either snide sniping or outright paranoia.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #6884 on: October 16, 2022, 06:45:17 pm »
Jurgen Klopp

STILL turning Doubters to Believers.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6885 on: October 16, 2022, 06:49:43 pm »
he says "I don't know what Mo Salah has to do to get a freekick"

"And a clear Foul on the goalie - 2 hands on the ball "

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6886 on: October 16, 2022, 06:51:53 pm »
he says "I don't know what Mo Salah has to do to get a freekick"

"And a clear Foul on the goalie - 2 hands on the ball "

It is an absolute disgrace how little protection Salah gets from refs. It's utterly bizarre.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6887 on: October 16, 2022, 09:07:44 pm »
Klopp and the team got the tactics spot on today. Moving salah to a central position gives us a lot of options.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6888 on: October 16, 2022, 09:13:19 pm »
What a gang of utter tramps Man City fans have become.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6889 on: October 16, 2022, 09:55:53 pm »
Apologies to Jurgen  for believing  we'd lose. This guy is unique. He elevates all around him.  Literally every manager in the world is a downgrade.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6890 on: October 16, 2022, 09:59:11 pm »
Just seen what he got sent off for. Hope he is at his brutally honest best when he speaks about it, how the fuck can a player pull a shirt like that infront of an official and play just be waved on

Not just the pull back, shirtpull and then attempt to roll Salah to the floor... but the kick out at Salah and also an elbow at him just seconds later - all somehow missed by the assistant referee, referee and VAR...

https://v.redd.it/r61ouanxx7u91 & https://twitter.com/hamishpotts/status/1581704331195469825 & the kick out & elbow - https://twitter.com/Aqilbh/status/1581703596084670465

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6891 on: October 18, 2022, 10:43:26 pm »
Weird article, as it doesn’t say anything about legal action apart from the first line?!

From here:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/10/18/jurgen-klopp-rejects-claims-inflamed-liverpool-vs-man-city-tensions/

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is taking legal action after being accused in media outlets of xenophobia against Manchester City’s owners in the toxic aftermath of his side’s 1-0 win over the champions at Anfield.

Klopp last Friday had made comments about the spending power of the champions compared with rival clubs but said yesterday his comments were “misunderstood.”

The enthralling encounter on Sunday saw Klopp receive a red card for berating an assistant referee and yesterday the Football Association charged him with misconduct.

City manager Pep Guardiola claimed he had coins thrown at him by home fans and Merseyside Police are investigating claims the City team bus was later damaged.

Asked specifically about reports alleging City sources had suggested his pre-match remarks amounted to xenophobia, Klopp responded: “I don’t feel, in this specific case, I don’t feel it at all. I know myself. And you cannot hit with something which is miles away from my personality. If I was – I cannot remember the word, wow! – like this I would hate it. I would hate myself for being like this.

“I have said a lot of times things that were a little bit open for misunderstanding. I know that. It was not intentional, just sometimes you say things and you think, ‘Oh my God! It can be interpreted like this?’ But this is not one of these moments. Absolutely.”

'It is not the first time I am misunderstood'

Klopp irked City and Newcastle United by suggesting they – alongside Paris Saint-Germain – are among the three clubs who “can do what they want financially”. On Tuesday morning, Newcastle manager Eddie Howe followed City by taking exception to the Liverpool manager’s comments.

The Liverpool coach has stood by his remarks, suggesting he was making an observation about the three clubs’ unlimited resources compared to their rivals rather than criticising the trio. In the same press conference last Friday he had described Pep Guardiola as the best manager in the world, City as the best team in the world, and Erling Haaland as the best striker in the world.

“Those [comments] didn’t arrive, obviously,” said Klopp on Tuesday. “That is the life of people who speak in public. It is not the first time that I am misunderstood. I know what I thought when I said it. If someone misunderstands or wants to misunderstand, I cannot change that. I know I have to be careful and I know I am not always careful.

“From time to time I just answer and say what I think. I try to do it in the future as well. It is never my aim to blame anybody when I talk about things which I actually do not think are important in life, but I say what I know about it or how I judge it and see it.”

A brilliant match was overshadowed by the off-field controversies and Liverpool released two statements on Sunday night condemning the supporter who threw a coin at Guardiola and criticising the away fans’ chants about the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters.

'I don't think anybody wants to be best friends with us'

Relations between the clubs will have been soured further over the last 72 hours given the claims and counterclaims.
But Klopp does not feel there is a need to smooth over relationships before their next meeting.

“I am not sure we have to be best friends with other clubs,” said Klopp. “I don’t think anybody wants to be best friends with us. It is a completely normal competition. It started here [in Friday’s press conference] with a question and I answered it and all the rest was made of it. I know what I thought when I said it and I thought I put it in perspective and said how much I respect what they [City] are doing.

“Obviously it was still not right for some, As a club and a team with our supporters we showed an incredible performance. And then if something happens and one fan throws a coin it is a massive mistake and it will get punished, definitely. It looks like a super intense game was overshadowed because it was a brilliant performance against an incredibly strong side.”

Klopp did concede he was out of line with his touchline behaviour during Sunday’s game, his outburst at assistant referee Gary Beswick leading to the red card. The coach has until Friday to respond to the FA charge.

“I apologised to the assistant of course,” said Klopp. “It was my first card in England and it was a red. It was my fault. Reaction is always my fault. It was not as though I stood there all the time and it was a boring 0-0 and then I went bonkers, but no excuse. I don’t want an excuse. It happened, it was obvious and everyone saw it. And then he gave me a red card and it was absolutely OK, really.”

Liverpool look to build on Sunday’s win by hosting West Ham United on Wednesday. They will be without Diogo Jota whose calf injury has ruled him out of the World Cup. “Very sad news for the boy, for us, and for Portugal,” said Klopp.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 10:44:57 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6892 on: October 18, 2022, 11:19:00 pm »
Weird article, as it doesn’t say anything about legal action apart from the first line?!

From here:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/10/18/jurgen-klopp-rejects-claims-inflamed-liverpool-vs-man-city-tensions/

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is taking legal action after being accused in media outlets of xenophobia against Manchester City’s owners in the toxic aftermath of his side’s 1-0 win over the champions at Anfield.

Make them pay for Bellingham 2023, imho
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6893 on: October 18, 2022, 11:31:41 pm »
The Paul Hirst article in The Times (with the 'xenophobic' comment in it that was later removed) now has the following text added to it...

'This article is the subject of a legal complaint from Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool FC''

The link to the above article by Paul Hirst of The Times:-

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manchester-city-hit-back-over-anfield-flashpoints-85hsc0hhq

Edit: Interestingly, the title of Paul Hirst's article in The Times was originally 'Manchester City: Irresponsible Jürgen Klopp inflamed tensions'.

^ https://twitter.com/hirstclass/status/1581959735355801600 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344681.msg18547715#msg18547715

a screenshot of the original title of the article here...

a screenshot of Paul Hirst's Times article from the Internet Archive:-

^ from https://web.archive.org/web/20221017104747/https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/75591268-4e06-11ed-b120-ca4f3ffbcdc5

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 01:50:32 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6894 on: October 18, 2022, 11:45:35 pm »
The Paul Hirst article in The Times (with the 'xenophobic' comment in it that was later removed) now has the following text added to it...

'This article is the subject of a legal complaint from Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool FC''

The link to the above article by Paul Hirst of The Times:-

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manchester-city-hit-back-over-anfield-flashpoints-85hsc0hhq

Fuck around and find out!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6895 on: October 18, 2022, 11:48:47 pm »
Good, hope that little scrote Manc journo Paul Hirst is feeling a bit uncomfortable this evening!

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6896 on: October 18, 2022, 11:55:31 pm »
Part of me thinks this whole situation has gone nuts, but then another part of me understands why Klopp, arguably the most liberal and decent manager in the league, feels that there’s a massive slur against him. This is a German managing in brexit Britain.  Everything he said was factual.

I wonder how much City are paying some of these journalists.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6897 on: October 19, 2022, 12:47:18 am »
When was the last time The Times, THE FUCKKIN' TIMES deleted their article?  The club said we'd sue you for all you got probably.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6898 on: October 19, 2022, 01:02:37 am »
It’s kinda interesting in the sense that it’s very much presumed that the instructions for the story came from Manchester City of course, so will the shill at the Times name who told him to write the piece, or will he keep his yap shut, I mean, he might be a bit afraid of selling them out  :P

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #6899 on: October 19, 2022, 01:53:08 am »
I hope Jurg says he notes Manchester City's concerns and then goes on to mention that freedom of speech is allowed in the UK unlike back in Abu Dhabi where dissenters to the royal family are tortured and / or jailed. 
Klopp that!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6900 on: October 19, 2022, 02:52:48 am »
BOOM!!!! - The Irish Indi

Manchester City’s claims of racism are a bogus attempt at suppression
By Miguel Delaney

The recent report that figures at Manchester City believe Jurgen Klopp’s comments could be construed as bordering on xenophobic and racist is not the first time that this bogus argument has been broached.

It was raised by club chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak at the end of the 2018-’19 season. He at the very least made the comments publicly, when responding to La Liga president Javier Tebas’s comments on state-owned clubs, although they were no less wrong.

“There’s something deeply wrong in bringing ethnicity into the conversation,” Khaldoon said. “This is just ugly. The way he is combining teams because of ethnicity, I find that very disturbing to be honest.”

Tebas had not, of course, brought in ethnicity. He had merely mentioned “state-run clubs” and “petrol money and gas money”.

While the vast majority of people can see past this line of defence, and refused to even give it credence on Sunday evening, it is worth addressing why it is wrong – especially since it threatens to grow.

There is a very specific reason that Klopp mentioned “three clubs in world football who can do what they want financially”. It certainly isn’t anything to do with ethnicity.

It is that there are currently only three states that own clubs. They are the UAE through Manchester City, Qatar through Paris Saint-Germain and now Saudi Arabia through Newcastle United.

No other state owns a club, no other ownership group is on that scale. These clubs cannot go bust because they have oil economies behind them. This is what Klopp was getting at.

And there are even more specific reasons why it is so far only these states that own clubs. It is all related to the politics of the Gulf blockade and a longer-term rivalry, where Qatar have been on the opposite side to Abu Dhabi, and the United Arab Emirates they form part of, and Saudi Arabia.

It is essentially an arms race with soft weapons, where they can see the benefits of such strategies. Abu Dhabi was the first to realise the immense benefits of owning a western European football club in 2008, through the purchase of City, which led Qatar to immediately seek to respond. The Qatari royal family tried to buy Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Roma, before eventually winning this hugely controversial 2022 World Cup in 2010, and then settling on PSG. Saudi Arabia finally followed with Newcastle, using Abu Dhabi’s playbook.

No other state has yet pursued that route because it is something so particular to a regional political rivalry. An irony is that Klopp was not getting at anything more than financial disparity, but the claims also warrant rebuttal for more serious reasons.

The long-held view of all human-rights groups and academics on the area is that these states own these clubs as “sportswashing projects”. That is in part because they can continue business and economic pursuits despite hugely criticised human-rights records.

Most of those human-rights issues, as goes without saying, concern their own citizens. According to Amnesty, the UAE – of which Abu Dhabi forms the most influential emirate – continues to “arbitrarily detain Emirati and foreign nationals”.

“They’ve moved from limited basic rights to basically full-on no civil or political rights whatsoever, mass arrests of political opposition,” Adam Coogle of Human Rights Watch said in 2020. “Some really insidious practices have started coming to the fore: forced disappearances, arbitrary detentions, torture . . .”

They do not have a free press, something that makes these attempts at media spin all the more relevant.

“The UAE’s approach to criticism of its various human rights abuses and ruinous foreign interventions is to deny or ignore, and to smear and discredit its critics,” FairSquare’s Nick McGeehan said.

Such facts make the accusations of xenophobia or racism all the more absurd, but also all the more serious.

It looks little more than a disgraceful attempt to suppress discussion on one of the most serious issues in football, which has a wider moral dimension.

The implication of some of Sunday’s reports is all the more troublesome: if you even deign to comment on this –especially ahead of a fixture where it is never more relevant – you run the risk of abuse, and references to tragedies?

It is actually why it is all the more important that Klopp raised these issues. For all the limited discussion of sportswashing in the media, most of football has danced around one of the most serious issues of the game.

Without proper discussion, ludicrous defences like claims of “xenophobia” can take hold.

They must be immediately seen for what they are: attempts at suppressing the most badly-required criticism. This is what is really ugly here.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-citys-claims-of-racism-are-a-bogus-attempt-at-suppression-42078115.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6901 on: October 19, 2022, 03:25:38 am »
Is that Klopp first ever red card as manager?
Believer

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6902 on: October 19, 2022, 03:48:40 am »
The first in England anyway
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6903 on: October 19, 2022, 07:54:33 am »

didn't even consult var

what ever happened to livarpool? i used to love it when it went our way
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6904 on: October 19, 2022, 07:54:35 am »
Fully behind Klopp on this. To be labelled a racist is probably the second worst character assassination there is. I completely understand he wants to be cleared from that and distance himself from that accusation. Such vile behavior to even related what Klopp said to racism. Hope the journalist are forced to reveal their sources.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6905 on: October 19, 2022, 08:07:29 am »
what i don't understand is that we seem to be getting loads of shit from the media whereas a more successful team (cough man shitty) doesn't seem to have a bad word ever said against them

funny that
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #6906 on: October 19, 2022, 08:35:35 am »
I really don`t get where any comments could be construed as xenophobic ?  I am not an internet fan leaping to the immediate defence of someone in the club as a knee jerk reaction. I do try and see both sides of a debate, but on this occasion I very genuinely don`t get how anything he has said is xenophobic ?  He was stating facts. Him actually stating those facts and sparking some headlines about it is perhaps not the best idea because of the focus and pressure it inevitably brings on to him - irrespective of the underlying point which is entirely correct.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6907 on: October 19, 2022, 08:36:37 am »
I really don`t get where any comments could be construed as xenophobic ?  I am not an internet fan leaping to the immediate defence of someone in the club as a knee jerk reaction. I do try and see both sides of a debate, but on this occasion I very genuinely don`t get how anything he has said is xenophobic ?  He was stating facts. Him actually stating those facts and sparking some headlines about it is perhaps not the best idea because of the focus and pressure it inevitably brings on to him - irrespective of the underlying point which is entirely correct.

If anything everyone should double down on the evils of sportwashing. No-one has any issues when liv golf is described that way, for example

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6908 on: October 19, 2022, 09:01:15 am »

He had a number of suspensions, fines and dismissals while at BVB and Mainz which should come as no surprise to anyone! But he is actually a lot calmer these days, which may be a surprise to a few!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #6909 on: October 19, 2022, 09:41:43 am »
He had a number of suspensions, fines and dismissals while at BVB and Mainz which should come as no surprise to anyone! But he is actually a lot calmer these days, which may be a surprise to a few!

😂

I don’t support abusing referees but it is a sad day when a few foul words got Klopp castigated and started a media witch hunt while murderous Saudi regime gets to be seated in VIP boxes.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #6910 on: October 19, 2022, 09:57:58 am »

I'm British Arab and a lot of my friends were offended at Klopp's comments because it plays into the stereotype of Arab=bad= human rights abuser. I think it's also due to the fact that he ignored Chelsea, United even though both of them outspent City and still continuing to do so. They feel like the west gets judged by a different standard compared to Arabs and other ethnic minorities even though the west have also committed bad things. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6911 on: October 19, 2022, 10:00:08 am »
:D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6912 on: October 19, 2022, 10:07:38 am »
I'm British Arab and a lot of my friends were offended at Klopp's comments because it plays into the stereotype of Arab=bad= human rights abuser. I think it's also due to the fact that he ignored Chelsea, United even though both of them outspent City and still continuing to do so. They feel like the west gets judged by a different standard compared to Arabs and other ethnic minorities even though the west have also committed bad things. 

It doesnt play into that narrative at all. You took Klopps comments into that context, Klopp didnt. He basically just stated that there are three state-owned clubs that do not have a ceiling and thats its impossible/difficult to compete. He did not mention or allude to anything about arabs, human right abusers or anything of that nature. You put his comments into that context not Klopp

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6913 on: October 19, 2022, 10:07:49 am »

You can get to fuck with this shite

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #6914 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:18 am »
Man City’s owners don’t do democracy or free debate or any form of criticism. They get away with whatever they want to get away with.  So what else would we expect from them. Accusing Klopp is a disgrace. I hope we take them to the fkn cleaners!!!!
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6915 on: October 19, 2022, 10:09:49 am »

and yet you don't question your own authoritarian regime and instead are offended by what klopp didn't say?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6916 on: October 19, 2022, 10:09:52 am »

Klopp must have overlooked the Aston Villa owners in his borderline xenophobia.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6917 on: October 19, 2022, 10:12:16 am »

There are two aspects to this issue. First, it is wrong for a nation state of whatever nationality to own a football club as they are not operating as a business with a P&L account. Instead they artificially pump money into the club by way of sponsorship that is not at market value. This is how a club like City asserts that it’s global revenue is greater than ours or Man U’s. Chelsea today and Man U are not owned by states but by companies that run a balance sheet. This is not a racist point. If a club were owned by Germany or Australia the same objection would apply.

Second, the issue of human rights that Klopp did not actually address but could have done. The owners of City, PSG and Newcastle are human rights abusers. That’s a cold hard fact. Had Klopp addressed human rights he could of course have added Chelsea under Abramovic. The current owners of Chelsea and Man U are many things but they are not human rights abusers.

The attempts by City to call this racist are a transparent attempt at diversion and a clear effort to shut down any debate on their funding. I know what racism is as a British Asian and this ain’t it. The true racists are the regimes in Qatar, Saudi and Abu Dhabi that treat Asian workers as sub human vermin. I’d love Klopp to double down and make this point but he is too nice.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 10:14:06 am by Schmarn »

• Kopite
« Reply #6918 on: October 19, 2022, 10:14:25 am »
It doesnt play into that narrative at all. You took Klopps comments into that context, Klopp didnt. He basically just stated that there are three state-owned clubs that do not have a ceiling and thats its impossible/difficult to compete. He did not mention or allude to anything about arabs, human right abusers or anything of that nature. You put his comments into that context not Klopp

This is not my opinion. I don't think Klopp is either racist or xenophobic, I was just explaining why some people are offended.

• Kopite
« Reply #6919 on: October 19, 2022, 10:17:02 am »
You can get to fuck with this shite

I was explaining why some people I know were offended. I never said Klopp is racist or xenophobic. I think the timing  of the comments were unfortunate because they were some tensions in Europe after that EU official comments who called Europe a garden and the rest of the world a jungle.