Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 974402 times)

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6600 on: September 8, 2022, 06:45:39 am »
No panic button here, it's the players who need to dig deep again. Klopp is absolutely the best fit for this club.

Was not a stellar transfer window either, literally everyone knows what we needed to splash out on, for whatever reason it didn't happen and here we are.

The run of form we are having can happen to any team.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #6601 on: September 8, 2022, 07:46:34 am »
We'll have to ride the wave this season. Everyone is mentally out of it. Good thing is we have a world cup break.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6602 on: September 8, 2022, 07:52:40 am »
FSG won’t sack Klopp simply because no other top manager would work under their transfer model

I'm sure some less desirable people would still jump at the chance to manage Liverpool. The ones that would do it for the money only, or media attention it would give but wouldn't care enough that the transfer budget was too limited or that we had too many ageing and injured players.
We need some serious investment in the squad, we need Klopp to stay and like he said, re-invent this team for next season. Of course do what's possible this season. I don't see why we can't finish at second place in the league. But I can also as easily see us finish out of the top 4.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2022, 07:57:13 am by plura »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6603 on: September 8, 2022, 07:59:02 am »
FSG won’t sack Klopp simply because no other top manager would work under their transfer model

If FSG sacked Klopp I wouldn't go to anfield again whilst they're in charge.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #6604 on: September 8, 2022, 08:08:19 am »
If FSG sacked Klopp I wouldn't go to anfield again whilst they're in charge.

if FSG sacked klopp we would ALL go to anfield - en masse
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6605 on: September 8, 2022, 08:20:32 am »
Needs to make hard decisions. Needs to explain to these players that they are not good enough & will be benched until their attitude, hunger desire to play for #Lfc returns.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6606 on: September 8, 2022, 08:24:42 am »
We've outgrown FSG, simple as that. They took us over when we needed stability and they brought us success which is a bonus. But for a club like Liverpool FC to work on a transfer policy like this is unsustainable, we're not looking to just hit top 4 every season like FSG think we might.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6607 on: September 8, 2022, 08:26:11 am »
If they tried to fire Klopp, there would be carnage. There owners know who has the fans on their side and it's not them.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #6608 on: September 8, 2022, 08:29:41 am »
"It looks like we have to re-invent ourselves" -Klopp
Hopefully this means a change in system as teams are ruthlessly exploiting our current one.

Regarding 'sacking' Klopp, FSG ain't that dumb! If they were stunned at the reaction to proposals to increase ticket prices and the Super League, they won't know what the hell hit them if they got rid of the boss!!!

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #6609 on: September 8, 2022, 08:35:02 am »
He is incredible. People forget it but in 20/21 Guardiola, off the back of losing the league title to us in the previous season, had a really dodgy start as they were shipping goals galore. He then acknowledged he needed to change and they became much more solid and won two league titles.

Klopp will sort it.
I remember Leicester gave them an absolute hiding that season; 5-2 in the second game of the season at the Emptihad and Shoestring started being more pragmatic I think. It didn't work for them immediately; they only won 5 of their first 12 if you can believe that. Then they won 15 league games in a row! Actually lost 4 of their last 11 but won the title easily.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6610 on: September 8, 2022, 08:38:55 am »
We've outgrown FSG, simple as that. They took us over when we needed stability and they brought us success which is a bonus. But for a club like Liverpool FC to work on a transfer policy like this is unsustainable, we're not looking to just hit top 4 every season like FSG think we might.

But what's the alternative? An oil state?

We outgrew David Moores in the 2000's, particularly post-Abramavich and ended up with Hicks and Gillett.

Moores had to sell up in the end because we just couldn't compete in the transfer market. Nothing has really changed from that perspective with City takeover skewing everything further. Even the Glazers at United spend like a drunken sailor every year and they're fans still demand more.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6611 on: September 8, 2022, 08:49:58 am »
Helpfully curated by The Anfield Talk on Twitter

“Really tough to take. Not that difficult to explain. First and foremost, Napoli played a really good game and we didn’t.”

“Until Thiago entered the pitch, I cannot remember one counter pressing situation.”

“It looks like we have to reinvent ourselves. There’s a lot of things lacking.”

“With Alisson in goal, you have to be really bad to concede 3 goals in the first half.”

“If Wolves watch tonight, they can’t stop laughing at us.”

“We were not working as a team.”

“We don’t play good enough. It’s obvious. That’s why we lose games.”

“I need time to think about it. There’s a few things really obvious. We have to reset and go.”

“It's not that we need to invent a new kind of football but everyone would be happy if we can play similar stuff that we used to do. It was the least compact I've seen us for a long, long time.”

on going to the away end after the game "I had to say sorry to the fans."

"The high line is only a risk when we don't have pressure on the ball. We need a high line. The problem was we didn't get close enough to them to put them under pressure."

Klopp asked if he's worried about getting the sack like Tuchel "Not really, our owners are rather calm and expect me to sort the situation and not think someone else will."

This is the most frank and public in criticism i have seen Klopp since the Spurs battering. If nothing changes after this and players STILL dont have a care in the world then i truly dont see how this fixes

subsequent Van Dijk Quotes

"I like people who look at the positives - we know it's going to be tough. The season is very long - we are going to do eveything we possibly can to make this right."

"We know we can turn this around - we are going to keep going and keep trying. It’s difficult to say what the exact problem is.”

We haven’t been compact all bloody season. Is it not down to the coaches to give instructions to the players? Whenever Milner plays in midfield he pops up everywhere BUT midfield and Elliott is basically playing as a wide midfielder/winger. Change the shape or tell the players to actually stick to the positions a bit more as whenever there’s a turnover we’ve got Fabinho trying to cover 3 positions.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6612 on: September 8, 2022, 09:03:57 am »
When klopp says we need to reinvent ourselves, is that hint to the owners I wonder. If this form continues when we have players back fit then fsg are going to be under a lot of pressure to either spend or move on.
It's been done to death but our entire 1st team, when fit, now looks old and slow.
Teams can just sit back. Defend. When we lose the ball get a couple of their runners from midfield to break the offside line and they are in.
If we spent like we really should be doing, let's be honest here, we wouldn't have these problems
Fsg have probably made about 3 billion if they went to sell.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6613 on: September 8, 2022, 09:11:56 am »
Zero knee jerking from intelligent Liverpool supporters. We have feasted for so long and we can make do with a few pot noodles. Master chef needs to sort the food cupboard and maybe grow or buy some new ingredients 😁
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #6614 on: September 8, 2022, 09:15:52 am »
I trust him to get us out of this mess. There is no better manager or leader in the football world than him to take on this challenge.

Offline mikemac

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6615 on: September 8, 2022, 09:19:18 am »
Why the hell are people having a discussion on what they would do if Klopp was sacked? It's a none story with zero chance of happening - seems like an excuse to have a go at the owners 'if FSG sack Klopp I'd......etc etc' when there is absolutely nothing to base it on at all - absolutely ridiculous. Have a go at the owners by all means - but at least base it on bloody reality.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6616 on: September 8, 2022, 09:39:09 am »
But what's the alternative? An oil state?

We outgrew David Moores in the 2000's, particularly post-Abramavich and ended up with Hicks and Gillett.

Moores had to sell up in the end because we just couldn't compete in the transfer market. Nothing has really changed from that perspective with City takeover skewing everything further. Even the Glazers at United spend like a drunken sailor every year and they're fans still demand more.

Clearly FSG have done a great job to get the club turned around but their policy needs to be more realistic, we can’t continue to be the transfer unicorns every summer, they’ve been fucking stingy for the last 3 years and we should probably have spent around £150M more than we actually did in that time if we wanted to be winning things over the long term, unfortunately we under invested and things have caught up with FSG

In their model they could sell a chunk of FSG to raise funds

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6617 on: September 8, 2022, 09:42:51 am »
Clearly FSG have done a great job to get the club turned around but their policy needs to be more realistic, we can’t continue to be the transfer unicorns every summer, they’ve been fucking stingy for the last 3 years and we should probably have spent around £150M more than we actually did in that time if we wanted to be winning things over the long term, unfortunately we under invested and things have caught up with FSG

In their model they could sell a chunk of FSG to raise funds
Haven't they already done that with Redbird? And they can borrow against the value of the club to fund other investments.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6618 on: September 8, 2022, 10:08:27 am »
FSG have let him down simple as that.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6619 on: September 8, 2022, 10:11:52 am »
Not on here mate that I can see, but it's been seen and heard in other places.

It's truly obscene.
klopp is untouchable as far as i am concerned
liked his comments
we have to reinvent ourselves, he needs fsg to help him.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #6620 on: September 8, 2022, 10:28:04 am »
Perhaps it would have been better if we had exchanged the entire team – not the coach.

That's from Watzke. I think majority of us agree with that.

Time for FSG to properly back the man.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6621 on: September 8, 2022, 10:33:41 am »

I think he's also probably recovered from last season's disappointments a lot better than the players, and probably thought they were on the same wavelength because they said they enjoyed the parade.

I think we'll endure a really tough autumn to be honest but will be much stronger and regathered after the World Cup.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #6622 on: September 8, 2022, 10:35:30 am »

That’s it. He said he wanted a new midfielder a couple of weeks before the window shut but how tight fisted FSG are meant that wasn’t an option and we would always be scrambling at the bottom of the barrel for one. Really wish there will be one season where we won’t have to balance the books to bring in a couple of players.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6623 on: September 8, 2022, 10:45:04 am »
When klopp says we need to reinvent ourselves, is that hint to the owners I wonder. If this form continues when we have players back fit then fsg are going to be under a lot of pressure to either spend or move on.
It's been done to death but our entire 1st team, when fit, now looks old and slow.
Teams can just sit back. Defend. When we lose the ball get a couple of their runners from midfield to break the offside line and they are in.
If we spent like we really should be doing, let's be honest here, we wouldn't have these problems
Fsg have probably made about 3 billion if they went to sell.
People pick up on one phrase from a broader interview.
One thing's for sure, quite a few players need to be out of the door before Klopp. I said in the other thread that I have sympathy for the way things have panned out, but it's not up to the players to decide how much graft to put in. It's 100% or they're no use to us.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6624 on: September 8, 2022, 10:53:12 am »
I agree in general that we needed a new midfielder earlier in the window, but I don't think we can just put the blame on FSG for the results. Klopp and the coaching team has once again put this midfield of Milner and Elliot out, despite it constantly leaving far too much space for opposition midfielders, while also not working going forward. The players we have had available should still be able to set up not to lose 4-1, or or constantly get done by the same patterns of play (couple quick passes out of defence and a ball past the defenders for a quick player). A month into the season, they should have been able to adapt and not ask Milner to vacate massive spaces, move him back alongside Fabinho, or leave the right side defensively vulnerable etc.

It feels like all these bad performances we have put in have been due to the same errors from players over and over. Yes he has a system and wants to stick to it, but if the players that suit that best are injured, surely a little bit of tweaking should be possible? As soon as I saw the line-up last night, I expected a performance similar to that. I just didn't know Napoli were so good going forward.

His loyalty and belief in his set of players is both a massive positive and a negative at times.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6625 on: September 8, 2022, 10:59:01 am »
I agree in general that we needed a new midfielder earlier in the window, but I don't think we can just put the blame on FSG for the results. Klopp and the coaching team has once again put this midfield of Milner and Elliot out, despite it constantly leaving far too much space for opposition midfielders, while also not working going forward. The players we have had available should still be able to set up not to lose 4-1, or or constantly get done by the same patterns of play (couple quick passes out of defence and a ball past the defenders for a quick player). A month into the season, they should have been able to adapt and not ask Milner to vacate massive spaces, move him back alongside Fabinho, or leave the right side defensively vulnerable etc.

It feels like all these bad performances we have put in have been due to the same errors from players over and over. Yes he has a system and wants to stick to it, but if the players that suit that best are injured, surely a little bit of tweaking should be possible? As soon as I saw the line-up last night, I expected a performance similar to that. I just didn't know Napoli were so good going forward.

His loyalty and belief in his set of players is both a massive positive and a negative at times.

Yup, good post.  FSG don't set the team up in a way that leaves us wide open.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #6626 on: September 8, 2022, 10:59:30 am »
Quadruple still on (plus the charity shield this year as well)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #6627 on: September 8, 2022, 11:01:46 am »
Deffo need to reinvent ourselves starting this weekend with a system and formation change against wolves  :wave

In klopp we trust  8) :wave
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6628 on: September 8, 2022, 11:02:35 am »
Quadruple still on (plus the charity shield this year as well)

That it is mate, I jokingly said in the Liverpool are Shite thread last night. This was Klopps plan, concede loads, take the intensity out and get the injured/new players some game time at a pre season pace  ;D

We'll be loving our football again soon enough :)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6629 on: September 8, 2022, 11:05:47 am »

Yup.

There's been games and decisions this season which were just odd, and nothing to do with the mythical all problem solving midfielder we failed to get in the summer. Starting Nat Phillips when Joe Gomez was seemingly fit against Palace and then seeing Zaha rinse him as pretty much everyone expected. Sticking Millie at RB against the bitters and then into midfield and watching him getting rinsed by awful footballers. Just the fact that we look absolutely shot already, the preparation for whatever reason seems to have completely knackered us.

And I know people won't like it....but we really haven't had much luck at all. Fulham got a streaky penalty, poor ref performance, hit the woodwork in injury time for the win. Palace we see Darwin lose his mind and cost us a good shot at a win. Everton we hit the woodwork three times, again in injury time, Pickford has about his best game ever. Last night every mistake we made were massively punished. We've played teams at the perfect time for them considering our injuries. Not excuses at all, we're playing nowhere near our best. But with a tiny, tiny bit more luck we'd have 4 more points at least and people would be a little less scathing of our start (and we'd probably be getting the usual 'made a deal with the devil' stuff from elsewhere). Its just been shit all round, which we really didn't need after last season.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6630 on: September 8, 2022, 11:09:44 am »

Absolutely. I'm reminded of the Karius situation after the Champions League final debacle. Klopp said that he very nearly didn't buy a new goalkeeper to replace him because he wanted to rebel against the outside noise of everybody telling him he needed a new number 1 (I'm paraphrasing slightly, but that was the gist of what he said).

If he can react like that to something so obvious, imagine his loyalty to players who have won him everything? Klopp is a football romantic but I don't believe he's stupid to let that romanticism chip away at everything he's built. His arms are tied right now but in terms of big picture he has to see it. We have to reinvest in new personnel in a relatively big way or we simply fade to a shell that struggles to compete for the top 4 places. I don't see any alternative. I think for the first time over the past year or so the decision making within the club seems very risky and ropey (Salah's new deal, huge outlay on Nunez given his style, Mane's departure even if we had no control over it, other contract renewals etc). Those decisions might well prove to be the right ones in time but right now they don't seem it.

I don't necessarily care what happens on the pitch this season as long as we can get a top 4 spot and make a run at things after Christmas. If we do that AND are making obvious and big moves to prepare us for the next few seasons with a real freshness to the squad then I can take the short-term pain.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6631 on: September 8, 2022, 11:23:43 am »
Yup, good post.  FSG don't set the team up in a way that leaves us wide open.
So is it Klopp's fault?
Not sure he sent Gomez out to make that many individual errors either?

There's a fair few issues that have combined to create the situation we're in, and it's fairly complex. I'm always wary of people presenting simple solutions to complex problems - it's how the country got into the mess with Brexit!

It's pretty universally accepted that we ought to have strengthened the midfield.
Then there's the psychological effect on the players of (promised) reinforcements not arriving. Klopp was careful to drop a hint that more could have been done too.
We have had laser guided injuries in one area of the pitch - that said it's the usual suspects, so perhaps that could have been factored in.
The result though has been the same overworked players doing the heavy lifting.
There's mental and physical fatigue after playing every game last season, and then missing out on the 2 big trophies, followed up by crap internationals that caused more injuries, followed by a shortened pre season.
There's also the effect of trying to assimilate a major new forward into the team.
We have some players that look out of form, but we are having to play them.

It's not easy, but if there's one person I'd trust to lead us through all this, it's Klopp.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6632 on: September 8, 2022, 11:34:57 am »
So is it Klopp's fault?

No, but he's not blameless.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #6633 on: September 8, 2022, 12:05:53 pm »
He can only manage who is available not those injured.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6634 on: September 8, 2022, 12:07:22 pm »
He can only manage who is available not those injured.

He can absolutely, but I dont think it really helps to think that he can't, or doesn't, make mistakes too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6635 on: September 8, 2022, 12:14:16 pm »
He can absolutely, but I dont think it really helps to think that he can't, or doesn't, make mistakes too.

people know that, he’d be the first to tell you that. But also, can’t blame people for being far more protective of him and not taking overly kindly to some comments about him. He is always front and centre willing to take the flak and the heat. Others can take more for a change.

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6636 on: September 8, 2022, 12:29:59 pm »

As unhappy as I am with FSG, I doubt they’re determining our transfer strategy. If Klopp knew we had £X to spend in the summer, it should have been spent on a midfielder (or midfielders) rather than spending it on Darwin. I think we need both (midfielders + a forward to replace Sadio), but the former was infinitely more important to sort out.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6637 on: September 8, 2022, 12:32:48 pm »
It's a bit of both for me.  FSG clearly aren't giving Klopp the money he needs to consistently challenge at the top, but at the same time, Klopp isn't pushing them hard enough and is also too loyal to ageing players.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6638 on: September 8, 2022, 12:34:15 pm »
Talk of sacking Klopp  :lmao :lmao

Just waiting for the Gerrard as manager gobshites to turn up now  ;D
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6639 on: September 8, 2022, 12:42:54 pm »
Talk of sacking Klopp  :lmao :lmao

Just waiting for the Gerrard as manager gobshites to turn up now  ;D

No one has said this on here?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke