Author Topic: Maxi Rodriguez song and praise  (Read 203690 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Maxi Rodriguez song and praise
« Reply #1400 on: June 7, 2012, 08:57:00 pm »
Of course they do, I think you know that I didn't mean that.

It does skew the goalscoring stats slightly though. It's not a true indicator.

Maybe not. But look at this season. 6 goals in 21. Compare that to 10 in 35 from last season. That's 2 goals every 7 games. Both seasons. So his purple patch from last season actually continued this season. And his 31 goals in 120 games for Atletico is just slightly lower. I'd say he's performed in line his normal level for the past 15 months.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: June 7, 2012, 08:57:25 pm »
In the Prem: 57 games, 15 goals. Not bad for a playmaker who plaed all of his games on the wing. Should have played instead of Kuyt any given day, IMHO.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1402 on: June 7, 2012, 08:59:46 pm »
Gerrard got a hatrick vs Everton, Suarez got a hatrick vs Norwich - purple patches are good and they affect stats in a good way, no need to belittle stats due to scoring a fine hatrick against Fulham for example.

A hat-trick is not a purple patch.

Maybe not. But look at this season. 6 goals in 21. Compare that to 10 in 35 from last season. That's 2 goals every 7 games. Both seasons. So his purple patch from last season actually continued this season. And his 31 goals in 120 games for Atletico is just slightly lower. I'd say he's performed in line his normal level for the past 15 months.

He's averaged nearly 1 in 3 throughout his career, so yeah. Like I said, I'm not ignoring his goal threat or rubbishing it, just thought it was important to note.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: June 7, 2012, 09:01:11 pm »
In the Prem: 57 games, 15 goals. Not bad for a playmaker who plaed all of his games on the wing. Should have played instead of Kuyt any given day, IMHO.

He should have played more, that's for certain. Not sure Kuyt is the one who should have stepped aside though. They did fairly well when played together in 10/11.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #1404 on: June 7, 2012, 09:03:10 pm »
Love when he ghosts in at the back post.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: June 7, 2012, 09:17:28 pm »

He's averaged nearly 1 in 3 throughout his career, so yeah. Like I said, I'm not ignoring his goal threat or rubbishing it, just thought it was important to note.

It was a surprise that he scored so many goals in such a short period of time. I think that was when things finally began to work for him at LFC. Up until then, he had not done that much. But all of a sudden, he found his normal level again. A level he's kept since.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: June 7, 2012, 09:26:09 pm »

True.

I think he found his best when we were at our best under Dalglish with lots of movement around him in Suarez, Kuyt and Meireles.

Offline SmithyTheRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1407 on: June 7, 2012, 09:28:45 pm »
Maxi could easily fit into team with a more short passing style of play.

Maxi is an intelligent player, he want's go forward, he's finds fanstastic positions in the box and he wants to score.

I hope he stays.
Red

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1408 on: June 7, 2012, 09:37:27 pm »
Maxi could easily fit into team with a more short passing style of play.

Maxi is an intelligent player, he want's go forward, he's finds fanstastic positions in the box and he wants to score.

I hope he stays.

Do people not remember the countless times he goes missing? The countless times he leaves enrique dealing with 2 players cause his defensive work rate is a joke? ALl people look at when it comes to maxi is he pops up with goals and links up well in attack, sorry but if ur gonna be a midfielder you need to help out at the other end too and thats why kuyt and henderson and bellamy all played ahead of him because they work the whole pitch.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1409 on: June 7, 2012, 09:42:12 pm »
Do people not remember the countless times he goes missing? The countless times he leaves enrique dealing with 2 players cause his defensive work rate is a joke?

I don't think that is true at all.

Maxi does his bit defensively.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: June 7, 2012, 09:44:35 pm »
I was never a big fan of Maxi, but I thought he should have been played more last season simply because he often finds himself in the box on the end of tap-ins, a trait absent from the rest of our players.  I'd be happy to let him go, because (I assume, due to him being a free transfer) he is on a high wage and aside from his goals, I don't think he ever really offered that much in terms of build-up play so I'm not sure how he will fit in with Rodger's style.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Shannon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: June 7, 2012, 09:55:50 pm »
Translated from Maxi's twitter

I have not spoken with any media I'm enjoying the birth of my second daughter
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1412 on: June 7, 2012, 09:57:06 pm »
Translated from Maxi's twitter

I have not spoken with any media I'm enjoying the birth of my second daughter
Not sure his missus would agree ;)
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: June 7, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »
He may be staying? Fucking brill if true, hopefully he'll get the game time he deserves.

Offline RedSoc

• Main Stander
« Reply #1415 on: June 7, 2012, 10:19:42 pm »
Do people not remember the countless times he goes missing? The countless times he leaves enrique dealing with 2 players cause his defensive work rate is a joke? ALl people look at when it comes to maxi is he pops up with goals and links up well in attack, sorry but if ur gonna be a midfielder you need to help out at the other end too and thats why kuyt and henderson and bellamy all played ahead of him because they work the whole pitch.
Regardless of his defensive qualities, in a team that struggled to score goals he should clearly of played more games season gone.. Only bellamy and suarez outscored him I believe, perhaps Gerrard, but I can't confirm that without looking at the stats.
Point is, he was too good for our bench and still is with our current squad. Personally as well I think his defensive qualities are fine. Always puts a shift in (admirable considering his selection rate), which is more than can be said of downing...

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #1416 on: June 7, 2012, 10:26:40 pm »
Just had a little Girl according to his Twiiter. Congratulations!!!

“@MR11ok: Happy with the birth of my second daughter Aitana”
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Carolina Red

• Kopite
« Reply #1417 on: June 7, 2012, 10:26:51 pm »

I very much agree. It's not like Downing was a gut-busting defensive workhorse, either.

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: June 8, 2012, 05:00:18 am »
He should have played more, that's for certain. Not sure Kuyt is the one who should have stepped aside though. They did fairly well when played together in 10/11.
Yeah, Downing was rubbish for the whole of last season as well and still kept getting in the starting XI. Makes you wonder.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1419 on: June 8, 2012, 09:02:17 am »
Liverpool midfielder Maxi Rodriguez has denied he is on the brink of a move away from Anfield.

Reports in South America have suggested the 31-year-old has agreed a move to Newell's Old Boys - the club where he began his career.

However, Rodriguez, who is back in his native Argentina following the birth of his second daughter, insists the speculation is wide of the mark.

"I do not know where these things come from," he said.

"I have one year left on my contract at Liverpool and did not talk to anybody."

Maxi has so far scored 17 goals in 73 appearances for the Reds.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/maxi-denies-exit-talk
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #1420 on: June 8, 2012, 12:23:50 pm »
Liverpool midfielder Maxi Rodriguez has denied he is on the brink of a move away from Anfield.

Reports in South America have suggested the 31-year-old has agreed a move to Newell's Old Boys - the club where he began his career.

However, Rodriguez, who is back in his native Argentina following the birth of his second daughter, insists the speculation is wide of the mark.

Strange one for .tv to post but I'm glad he might be staying.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: June 8, 2012, 12:39:16 pm »
Strange one for .tv to post but I'm glad he might be staying.

They posted loads about Martinez then owners said he was never first choice so who knows what goes on at the website now to be honest.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #1422 on: June 8, 2012, 12:41:50 pm »

:D
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: June 8, 2012, 12:42:20 pm »
Intelligent player with clever movement and passes the ball effectively. A very handy option for Rodgers.

Strange, as I thought he was saying farewell to us all in his last game, but I guess he might have had some assurances that he will get proper chance.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: June 8, 2012, 12:42:20 pm »
I'd love for the club to keep him for another year, at the very least. Footballers with the game intelligence of a player like Maxi are difficult to come by, and I think he'd perform superbly under Rodgers either on the wing or moved more centrally.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1425 on: June 8, 2012, 12:52:54 pm »
Strange, as I thought he was saying farewell to us all in his last game, but I guess he might have had some assurances that he will get proper chance.

Yeah I think had Dalglish stayed, Maxi would have gone as he seemed frustrated at the lack of match time - which I can't blame him.

Now Rodgers is here, he might have changed his tune.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1426 on: June 8, 2012, 05:59:02 pm »
well if maxi is staying that will be good now can we talk absent Albert into staying?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: June 8, 2012, 10:58:42 pm »
well if maxi is staying that will be good now can we talk absent Albert into staying?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: June 8, 2012, 11:00:57 pm »
If we were planning to let him go on a free, don't see the harm in convincing him to stay until the end of his contract. If he's in Rodgers plans.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1429 on: June 8, 2012, 11:13:51 pm »
I'd be made up if he were here next season.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #1430 on: June 8, 2012, 11:58:30 pm »
I'm not saying Twitter is the most reliable sources (although 90% of the football press seem to think it is!) But I seem to remember somebody (Kendra who posts on here I think it was) re-tweting a Maxi Rodreguez tweet about him saying he was staying. This happened to be abou 1/2 weeks before Kenny's sacking. Whether or not Maxi or any other players knew of the manager situation before it was broke to the press is anyones guess, but his tweet ws abruptly deleted afterwards. This points to Maxi knowing that Kenny was on his way out, and tried to state it, then backtracked. 
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1431 on: June 9, 2012, 12:01:39 am »
I'm not saying Twitter is the most reliable sources (although 90% of the football press seem to think it is!) But I seem to remember somebody (Kendra who posts on here I think it was) re-tweting a Maxi Rodreguez tweet about him saying he was staying. This happened to be abou 1/2 weeks before Kenny's sacking. Whether or not Maxi or any other players knew of the manager situation before it was broke to the press is anyones guess, but his tweet ws abruptly deleted afterwards. This points to Maxi knowing that Kenny was on his way out, and tried to state it, then backtracked.

Nobody knew Kenny was being sacked but an A for effort.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #1432 on: June 9, 2012, 12:12:26 am »

Sheer speculation as you can obviously tell, but it just seemed strange to retract such a statement so close to KK's sacking. Rewind the clock a couple of weeks beforehand, and he's waving ta-ra to the Kop. Then blerts out on Twitter that he's staying a week before Kenny has to clear his desk.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2012, 12:17:37 am by GoldenGloves25 »
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline Ronanoman

• Kopite
« Reply #1433 on: June 9, 2012, 04:55:10 am »
11 goals (+2 assists) in his last 16 (incl. 2 subs) league games, 13 (+4 assists) in the last 25 (incl. 4 subs) in all competitions. Even if His Hattricks do slightly distort the stats, he has been playing well and been very productive since the end of last season.

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1434 on: June 9, 2012, 03:07:12 pm »

Carra suspected it before Kenny went to America, perhaps the rest of the squad did too.

Offline Red Wanderer

• Main Stander
« Reply #1435 on: June 9, 2012, 03:11:18 pm »

Absolutely, in a season where I've been most frustrated by our lack of pressing, Maxi is one player who tries to take the ball off the opposition. Compare that to the supposedly solid Downing, who gets within 5 yards of his man and then stops. Maxi pulls his weight.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: June 9, 2012, 03:31:52 pm »
11 goals (+2 assists) in his last 16 (incl. 2 subs) league games, 13 (+4 assists) in the last 25 (incl. 4 subs) in all competitions. Even if His Hattricks do slightly distort the stats, he has been playing well and been very productive since the end of last season.

Brilliant contribution for someone in and out of the side.

He is someone who links really well with Suarez.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1437 on: June 11, 2012, 11:19:31 am »
Just listening to the TAW phone-in. Has he gone then or is it just Twatter?
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1438 on: June 11, 2012, 11:48:55 am »
Just listening to the TAW phone-in. Has he gone then or is it just Twatter?

That was a few days ago mate, Maxi denied the rumours the next day but his future still looks uncertain.

Offline mysterio_86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: June 11, 2012, 11:53:11 am »
He is someone who links really well with Suarez.

He is someone who is mentally very very strong, doesnt bitch, moan or cry. Throw him a dice and he will go bazzinga !
Sebastion Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Samed Yesil, SinclairSama, Smichael Ngoo, Sryan McLaughlin, Sjordan Ibe, - The S Law