Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 541204 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Luis Suarez
« on: July 11, 2014, 12:34:27 pm »
Liverpool Football Club today issued the following statement in relation to the future of Luis Suarez.

Liverpool FC confirms that Luis Suarez will be leaving the club after a transfer agreement was reached with FC Barcelona. The player now has permission to complete the usual formalities, which will then conclude the transfer.

We would like to thank Luis for his contribution and the role he played in helping bring Champions League football back to Anfield.

Everyone at Liverpool Football Club wishes Luis and his family well for the future.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166178-lfc-statement-suarez-to-leave

LFC statement: Rodgers on Suarez

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers today issued the below statement following the announcement that an agreement has been reached with Barcelona for Luis Suarez to leave the club.

"Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team in the past two years, during my time at Liverpool.

"I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period, along with the team and has benefited from being here, as we have benefited from him.

"The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.

"We are focused on the future, as we strive to continue with the progress we have made and build on last season's excellent Barclays Premier League campaign.

"I am confident we will improve the team further and will be stronger for this coming season, when we will be competing on all fronts; domestically and in the greatest club competition in the world, the Champions League.

"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual. I hope our supporters continue to dream and believe that we are moving forward and with continued improvement and progression, together we will bring the success we all crave and deserve."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166179-lfc-statement-rodgers-on-suarez

Statement from Luis Suarez

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166181-statement-from-luis-suarez
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:09:04 pm by NotHarinder »

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez to leave
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:35:23 pm »
Thanks Luis for the memories!

Your goals were so vital last season, you are an absolutely immense player.

Thanks for bringing us oh so close to the Premier League!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez to leave - offical
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:35:28 pm »
Who?

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »
It's been a brilliant ride I wish him all the best.

And now let's see what can we do with some of that money.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 12:36:19 pm »
Meh.  Been resigned to him leaving for a while, glad its over.  Don't care how him and Barca get on.

Offline thew

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 12:36:22 pm »
Best of luck Luis - we'll miss you!

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 12:36:26 pm »
I love Rodgers.

Just sayin....

Online monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 12:36:55 pm »
He owes us the fans a fucking massive thank you statement
+6 ticket exchange

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:14 pm »
Nice statement from Luis.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:55 pm »
He owes us the fans a fucking massive thank you statement

Some of us couldn't give a crap what he says
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:09 pm »
it was real...

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:14 pm »
I will wish him the best and thank him for the magical performances last season.

But......

Most important thing about that picture is that we moved on from Owen and Torres and we will move on from Suarez
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:40:04 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:15 pm »
We'll survive and hopefully prosper. Good luck to Luis.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:49 pm »
Great statements from both Brendan and Luis. Wish him all the best at Barca. We move on.

Offline TimHocks

• Anny Roader
  • Wish I hadn't chosen TimHocks as my username.
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:55 pm »
Thank you Luis, you brought real bite to our attack.

Offline Manic

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:59 pm »
Thanks for everything Luis, you mad bastard!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 12:39:18 pm »
At least this is coming to a close now. Good luck, Luis, we'll miss you but we'll cope without you.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 12:39:38 pm »
Ah well, we've survived the loss of great players before and we'll do it again.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 12:39:54 pm »
He'll be back.....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 12:40:07 pm »
Best of luck Luis!

Thanks for helping the club, and also thanks for sticking around and hope you have learnt a lot from Brendan!

Time for Liverpool to do it the hard way, because that's Liverpool FC, it's about doing things, without caring about what the world says.

Other teams can sign their big stars, Liverpool will do it in a disciplined professional manner!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 12:40:33 pm »
Not going to lie, I'm gutted.
Conflicted as to how to feel about Luis' decision to leave too. Hope things turn out well for both him and us.
Certainly the best player I've seen in the flesh.

All the best Luis.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 12:40:54 pm »
Official fee? Some say £56m? Others say £75m.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez to leave - official
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 12:41:33 pm »
Meh

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 12:41:40 pm »
Love Brendans statement. Quick thank you to the player then the rest is about the future and about the club as it should be

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 12:41:48 pm »
Adios Luis, and thanks for being a warrior and champion on the pitch. It's been a pleasure watching both your play and your drive, aggression. All the best with Barcelona and get those trophies your ability and drive deserve.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 12:41:53 pm »

75m

Thanks Luis and good luck I suppose.. will keep an eye on Barca games

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 12:41:59 pm »

English, and Telegraph are saying £75 million, so I'll go with that.

Offline Resilientz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:10 pm »
Fired us into the CL, got us a massive profit and left the league instead of going to a rival. Even with all his luggage, it was well worth it and I'll miss him. Irreplaceable.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:27 pm »
Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:38 pm »
Sad to see him leave just as we make it back to the big time, thought he might give it one more season in the CL.

He's given us some amazing memories and it's hard to begrudge him a move to a top club in a country which he has always wanted to play in.

Wish him all the best in the rest of his career and hope he wins the trophies he deserves. Apart from the Champions League, that one's ours this season.. :P

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:52 pm »

56m, lol.

Work it out yourself. What do you think?

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 12:43:06 pm »
It was inevitable really. However, I'm glad it's done early and we can focus on the new team. It should take away the negative attention from the club and maintain our progress under Rodgers.

Onward we go  :champ

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 12:43:53 pm »
Will miss his genius on the pitch....

Will not miss the baggage he brought to us through his actions though.

I'm grateful to witness one of the most incredible seasons ive ever seen by an individual in a red shirt that helped bring us back as title challengers and blasted us into the champions league.

Hope the club can keep progressing without him
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 12:44:07 pm »

Sick of this shite. Move on.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 12:44:14 pm »

As if its £56m, mancs will say £56m of course

Thanks Luis, we move on. Now to spend the dosh

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 12:44:50 pm »
We go again.

Been a delight watching him play and I for one thank him for helping being back champions league. Best of luck Luis
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 12:45:16 pm »
Fair enough Luis, we all knew you wanted to go to Spain, but you knuckled down after last season. Nothing but gratitude.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 12:45:31 pm »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 12:45:51 pm »
Fired us into the CL, got us a massive profit and left the league instead of going to a rival. Even with all his luggage, it was well worth it and I'll miss him. Irreplaceable.

We've lost more influential strikers over the last 60 years. Of course he's replaceable. What exactly does he briong to the team that no other player could bring?

He's a great player. Truly world class. For the most part, it's been a pleasure seeing him in a red shirt. Many many great moments. But we move on without him. Like Torres, Owen, and every other top class striker that left us, I feel he won't hit the heights he did with us.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 12:46:27 pm »
Thanks for the memories and good luck for the future but I hope we smash Barca in the Champions League. Feeling really positive about next season, still think we'll improve despite losing such a talented player.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A