Poll

Who wins?

Samie
9 (50%)
Lobo
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: June 3, 2021, 01:48:08 pm

Author Topic: 10 Cap Split - Samie vs Lobo  (Read 1903 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
10 Cap Split - Samie vs Lobo
« on: June 2, 2021, 01:48:08 pm »
Play nice, boys.

Samie

vs

Lobo

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 10 Cap Split - Samie vs Lobo
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2021, 02:02:55 pm »
Me old mucker Lobo.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2021, 02:19:42 pm »
Really hard to call this one. Two great sides.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2021, 02:23:22 pm »
I am your friendly neighbourhood friend Samie. Remember that when you vote for moi.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2021, 02:37:42 pm »
Maybe the first time me and Samie have both made class teams in the same draft, and then end up in the bracket of death whilst some of the other dross sales through :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2021, 02:46:32 pm »
Leaning Lobo here, Rijkaard at centre back isn't the best use of his abilities and Lawler is a fairly average pick compared to the rest of the players on both teams.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2021, 02:57:50 pm »
Maybe the first time me and Samie have both made class teams in the same draft, and then end up in the bracket of death whilst some of the other dross sales through :D

Sails - early competition makes you stronger in the long run.  Let the wind blow through your sails.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2021, 03:54:31 pm »
Remember I am the lad who you would take home to see your mother. Lobo is the lad you won't piss on even if he was on fire.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2021, 04:01:06 pm »
Exactly Samie, you're like a young Alf Garnett.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2021, 05:36:21 pm »
Went with Samie because he is a beautiful person inside and out.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2021, 05:42:15 pm »
Went with Samie because he is a beautiful person inside and out.
We didn't need to know that much mate.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 2, 2021, 06:26:56 pm »
Thank you Andy, say hi to your grandad for me.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 2, 2021, 07:08:24 pm »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 2, 2021, 07:45:25 pm »
Really hard to call this one. Two great sides.

Yep, tough call. Liking both teams here.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 2, 2021, 10:09:10 pm »
Up against a man who's as weak as his team are.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 2, 2021, 10:13:52 pm »
Up against a man who's as weak as his team are.

:D

Just be careful Samie, the last time you started getting personal you got your knickers wet and threw a shit fit, and ‘retired from drafting’  :'(

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16 on: June 2, 2021, 10:14:34 pm »
Comes down to who I’d rather face in the Quarter Finals for me.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 2, 2021, 10:15:44 pm »
I didn't retire though. I said I was taking time away from them and i did as this is my first one in about 5 drafts.  :P

Also nice of you to show up here.  I mean its' not nice being a man promo show.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 2, 2021, 10:19:43 pm »
I didn't retire though. I said I was taking time away from them and i did as this is my first one in about 5 drafts.  :P

Also nice of you to show up here.  I mean its' not nice being a man promo show.

Well no clearly you didn’t retire :D You just failed to understand a pretty basic draft and had a tantrum, and then went off in a sulk when no one really gave a shit

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 2, 2021, 10:23:39 pm »
Sure let's go with that if you want to believe it...RAWK loves me more though.  :P

Onto the game, I mean your midfield get's overrun firstly and they're never seeing the ball.  Game, Set and Match to Moi.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #20 on: June 2, 2021, 10:25:13 pm »
Sure let's go with that if you want to believe it...RAWK loves me more though.  :P

Onto the game, I mean your midfield get's overrun firstly and they're never seeing the ball.  Game, Set and Match to Moi.

I was robbed.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 2, 2021, 10:57:59 pm »
I've not voted in your match old man.  ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #22 on: June 2, 2021, 11:44:26 pm »
I see Samie is using all of his charm to get this one over the line.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 3, 2021, 09:20:34 am »

;)

But yeah, onto the game.

Goalkeeper, mines better obviously. I suspect you had to check what nationality Gatti was.

Defence, mines better. Tassotti a mainstay of the best defence of the greatest club side ever vs Lawler, which was just a shameful vote grab. Other side, pretty close but I'll give you Fachetti just over Schnellinger. McNeil Vs Kompany is a no brainer, one was one of the best CBs in the history of the PL and the other spent his entire career in Scotland. Rijkaard Vs Cordoba seems pretty straight forward but then......Rijkaard wasnt a CB. If we're measuring as CBs, Cordoba wins that one too.

The only place you win the midfield is in sheer numbers. You've got no ball winner in there. Masch would have free reign to buzz all over Iniesta and Tigana, and you've then got poor old Jan sat in front of the defence trying to cope with four of the best attacking players ever.

Attack, again no brainer. You've got the aforementioned McNeill, who usually came up against the likes of Colin Stein and Alan Gilzean (no me either), trying to cope with two of the greatest strikers ever. The best he ever came up against was Jimmy Greaves in the home championships (Greaves for a hat-trick and England won 9-3....). You've flooded the midfield.....great. You've now got four pretty slow defenders (including a 33 year old Rijkaard at the end of his career) up against Nedved, Kubala, Van Basten and Romario. The mainstay of your defence is a chap who spent his entire career in an awful league, and got monstered by every world class striker he played at international level.

This one ends up about 5-1 to me, if not worse.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 3, 2021, 11:42:11 am »

Mate, you don't even believe what you've just typed and you expect me and fellow rawk brethren to believe your shite?  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #25 on: June 3, 2021, 11:58:04 am »
Tied at the moment.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 3, 2021, 11:59:16 am »

Mate, you don't even believe what you've just typed and you expect me and fellow rawk brethren to believe your shite?  ;D

Its there for all to see, if you do the tiniest bit of research.

All good, flashy names on paper. But the defence in particular is pretty weak.

Rijkaard, what a player. Here's the games he played at CB:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/frank-rijkaard/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/70667/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=3&trainer_id=

53 games out of over 600. Less than 10% of his career played at CB. And Milan's record when he played there was awful.

Here's how McNeill dealt with Greaves:

https://www.englandstats.com/matches.php?mid=346

You absolutely nailed this one Samie, right until the death. A midfield of Rijkaard, Tigana and Iniesta would have been gruesome.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27 on: June 3, 2021, 01:59:13 pm »
Pretty sure Rijkaard won a European Championship playing in a four-man defence, and then a Champions League as the Ajax sweeper.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 3, 2021, 02:04:19 pm »
As I said Lobo doesn't believe the shite he wrote.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 3, 2021, 02:14:03 pm »
What is there not to believe....? :D

Rijkaard was a DM, one of the greatest DMs of all time. He played the vast majority of his career at DM.

He won a European Championships and a CL at CB? Great. He won six league titles and two European Cups at DM. He clearly moved backwards towards the end of his career, as many DMs do. Doesn't mean he wasn't a decent enough CB since he was a monster anyway, but also doesn't mean he wasn't a FAR better DM. And I suspect Samie had absolutely no intention of playing Rijkaard there until the death, when the category he had left had no more top class CBs.

Anyway.....what now?

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #30 on: June 3, 2021, 02:15:00 pm »
Tied at the moment.

Ooops I forgot to vote  :-X
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 3, 2021, 02:16:33 pm »
Yes, I will give you that. My initial plan was to have him at  DM but I also knew by getting him early should it come to pass that I can't get another quality CB then I could move him back and he'd be more than comfortable doing it.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 3, 2021, 02:17:32 pm »
Ooops I forgot to vote  :-X

You were going to vote for your old pal Samie anyway. It's all good mate.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #33 on: June 3, 2021, 03:12:56 pm »
FFS how does pens usually work?  Send me your five takers and whether they'll shoot left, right or middle.  Then keepers too, diving to their left, right or middle.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 3, 2021, 03:15:14 pm »
My team gracefully departs, send Lobo through Fatso.  :wave

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #35 on: June 3, 2021, 03:22:55 pm »
You were going to vote for your old pal Samie anyway. It's all good mate.

I was actually. Just think your attack is ridiculously too good to be stopped. Tiny margins though. Two great sides and neither deserves to go out - groups might have been better with some of the quality teams in this. But ah well.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 3, 2021, 04:09:27 pm »
My team gracefully departs, send Lobo through Fatso.  :wave

That is particularly graceful of you Samie

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 3, 2021, 04:30:03 pm »
FFS how does pens usually work?  Send me your five takers and whether they'll shoot left, right or middle.  Then keepers too, diving to their left, right or middle.

You can do that, or have them select five penalty takers and have us vote who'se 5 would win

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #38 on: June 3, 2021, 04:57:27 pm »
Lobo advances after Samie bottled penalties.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 3, 2021, 07:09:49 pm »
We moving on to the next round?