Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1738812 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #4120 on: June 25, 2021, 10:43:32 am »
Just adds to the roster (is that an annoying American word) of attacking midfield types that means they can dominate the ball and do their little overlap, cut back, goal move. Boring bastards. :D

If Ben White can do that no wonder we wanted to sign him too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4121 on: June 25, 2021, 10:43:47 am »
Grealish is very good.
But 100m is insane. I dont  think it is a good deal.
But is he is even guranteed to start? He is 26 as well near his peak not like he is 21 with lots of room to improve.

Im surprised City are paying that for him. It is a crazy price.

A good deal doesnt matter for City. They end up with two of the most creative players in the PL.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4122 on: June 25, 2021, 10:45:03 am »
A good deal doesnt matter for City. They end up with two of the most creative players in the PL.

And then when it comes to replace them they'll ditch them and spend another £100m on the next best thing. Value and longterm thinking mean nothing for city.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4123 on: June 25, 2021, 10:46:11 am »
If Ben White can do that no wonder we wanted to sign him too

Did I quite the wrong post? :D

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4124 on: June 25, 2021, 10:55:17 am »
Pep said they couldt afford Grealish a few years ago :lmao

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #4125 on: June 25, 2021, 10:57:47 am »
Our owners are pretty much as risk averse as they come. No way they'd risk that. What if he gets a bad injury? If he was £50m they'd may take the gamble but £156m.... no chance
Yeah, I get that risk and as I say it's unlikely but for all the stick the owners get, and I give them plenty, they are very switched on commercially.
There is a reason Mbappe can ask for such a wage, due to all he brings to the club. I just think that I couldn't see the owners giving £150m to Dortmund for Haaland but I could see them doing it for Mbappe for the humungous commercial benefits he would bring. Van Dijk had a huge impact there and cost half his proposed fee and yet I would say Mbappe has maybe 10 times his appeal.
If you could then sell him for twice your money 2 or 3 years later you would be laughing!

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4126 on: June 25, 2021, 11:02:03 am »
They will do what they want now FFP is dead. FFP going and covid has all meant the likes of Chelsea, City, PSG etc hold all the cards even more so now. It was bad before it's going to be 10 times worse now. Get prepared for it. The self funded clubs have much less money than before but the 3 above aren't affected at all and now have no regulation in place to stop them. It's mad.

Exactly - how can anyone judge if 100 million is value.. its the wrong question... its what they need to pay to get the player and they simply don't care

They'll get Kane this summer too and if it doesn't work they'll do similar next summer

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4127 on: June 25, 2021, 11:02:35 am »
Pep said they couldt afford Grealish a few years ago :lmao

Yes but he talks a lot of shite. But its absolutely a fantastic signing for City. The only player who has kept up with De Bruyne in terms of creativity in that area of the field is Grealish.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4128 on: June 25, 2021, 11:05:05 am »
Exactly - how can anyone judge if 100 million is value.. its the wrong question... its what they need to pay to get the player and they simply don't care

They'll get Kane this summer too and if it doesn't work they'll do similar next summer

It's like the media can't see it. But FFP going and Covid has helped the oil clubs even more. It really is bad for football. It's a reason why other big clubs were so keen on the ESL.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4129 on: June 25, 2021, 11:12:40 am »
Sky pouring cold water on the Grealish story and saying yes City are interested but doubt it will happen this summer as they want an out and out forward.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4130 on: June 25, 2021, 11:16:02 am »
Sky pouring cold water on the Grealish story and saying yes City are interested but doubt it will happen this summer as they want an out and out forward.

Like they couldn't just buy Grealish and Kane...

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4131 on: June 25, 2021, 11:27:39 am »
It's like the media can't see it. But FFP going and Covid has helped the oil clubs even more. It really is bad for football. It's a reason why other big clubs were so keen on the ESL.

yeah and the mis handling and terrible construction of the ESL really sucks for us because it totally closed down the debate about what should happen to top level football for years and we're in a far more un-equal situation than before

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4132 on: June 25, 2021, 11:31:34 am »
Like they couldn't just buy Grealish and Kane...

Villa have opened contract talks with Grealish and have said that he isn't for sale. All their transfers are based around him - Breaking news.

To answer your question. No City can't go out and splash 250m in one window on 2 players.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4133 on: June 25, 2021, 11:38:42 am »
Villa have opened contract talks with Grealish and have said that he isn't for sale. All their transfers are based around him - Breaking news.

To answer your question. No City can't go out and splash 250m in one window on 2 players.

well yes, they can  ;D

If the players they want aren’t for sale at the time, then they can't do it obviously.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4134 on: June 25, 2021, 11:41:30 am »
If I’m Villa I want to sell at that price, if I’m Grealish I don’t want to leave. Villa need to be careful here though, they’re going to end up spending an absolute fortune on a new contract and signings with nothing much to show for it.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4135 on: June 25, 2021, 11:44:26 am »

They sort of can. All it takes is some defying description company to sponsor a sleeve patch for 250m. Fair play.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4136 on: June 25, 2021, 11:46:40 am »
They sort of can. All it takes is some defying description company to sponsor a sleeve patch for 250m. Fair play.

and they’ll magically sell about 6 random U23 players who’ve never played a minute for then, to all the others clubs Abu Dhabi own for about 100 mill to help ‘balance the books’.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4137 on: June 25, 2021, 11:50:56 am »

What's stopping them Fordy? FFP certainly isn't.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4138 on: June 25, 2021, 11:51:50 am »
well yes, they can  ;D

If the players they want aren’t for sale at the time, then they can't do it obviously.

We could spend 250m.
Utd could spend 250m.
Chelsea could spend 250m.

It's not a simple as that though. Unless City are expecting offers for say Sterling then they won't be just splashing 250m. Villa's statement is huge because they are basically saying our transfer plans are based around Jack. I will be shocked if they sell now.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4139 on: June 25, 2021, 11:52:39 am »

Why not?

They've shown FFP is a joke, and they've shown they don't consider it a barrier to spending way above their means.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4140 on: June 25, 2021, 11:53:32 am »
We could spend 250m.
Utd could spend 250m.

It's not a simple as that though. Unless City are expecting offers for say Sterling then they won't be just splashing 250m.

We don't have £250m or owners who will provide it.
United don't have £250m or owners who will provide it.

Chelsea and City however...

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #4141 on: June 25, 2021, 11:56:19 am »
What's stopping them Fordy? FFP certainly isn't.

Oil prices are at a three year high, ~70 USD per barrel, nothing is stopping City.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4142 on: June 25, 2021, 11:58:45 am »
We could spend 250m.
Utd could spend 250m.

It's not a simple as that though. Unless City are expecting offers for say Sterling then they won't be just splashing 250m. Villa's statement is huge because they are basically saying our transfer plans are based around Jack. I will be shocked if they sell now.
I mean they'd not be the first be the first club to lie to payers or though the press

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4143 on: June 25, 2021, 11:59:44 am »
We could spend 250m.
Utd could spend 250m.

Villa need to look like reluctant sellers - Grealish is by far their best player and a local lad to boot. They'll want to tell their fans they did what they could to keep him there, but when he turned down the contract offer they had to consider offers for him and the City money gives them the chance to reinvest in the squad.

Narrative matters in football. We're experts at it - take this week for example, when we're getting our journos to talk about how we'd 'reluctantly' sell Phillips and Williams while ensuring their price is made very clear. Much better than saying we're trying to raise funds for two players we don't have much use for.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: June 25, 2021, 12:00:02 pm »
We could spend 250m.
Utd could spend 250m.

well no, we couldn’t spend 250m, unless of course we earn a massive chunk of that first.

So there is you see, actually some simplicity to it!

But no, they won’t spend if the player they want to spend it on is not for sale.

The point is though - they could do it.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4145 on: June 25, 2021, 12:01:31 pm »
Cant wait till next season, when city win the league and sky spend a week discussing how they done it. A constant stream of agenda driven pundits scratching their heads trying to figure how city have done it again.

In 6 months time no one will mention how much city have spent this summer.

Itll all be  down to.

The love of sheikh mansoor, the intensity of underdog pep, and a great fan base.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4146 on: June 25, 2021, 12:08:08 pm »
If I’m Villa I want to sell at that price, if I’m Grealish I don’t want to leave. Villa need to be careful here though, they’re going to end up spending an absolute fortune on a new contract and signings with nothing much to show for it.

Curious, why wouldn't you want to leave if you were Grealish?  You'd be getting a massive pay bump, be playing in the CL, and basically be guaranteed to win a trophy every year.  The only downside is that he's no longer the best player at the club. 

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4147 on: June 25, 2021, 12:08:22 pm »
Cant wait till next season, when city win the league and sky spend a week discussing how they done it. A constant stream of agenda driven pundits scratching their heads trying to figure how city have done it again.

Itll all be  down to.

The love of sheikh mansoor, the intensity of underdog pep, and a great fan base.

Pretty much yeah. Pep's a genius etc.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4148 on: June 25, 2021, 12:11:59 pm »
Curious, why wouldn't you want to leave if you were Grealish?  You'd be getting a massive pay bump, be playing in the CL, and basically be guaranteed to win a trophy every year.  The only downside is that he's no longer the best player at the club.

Sometimes for certain players it’s a case of better the devil you know. He seems to have grown up some but Villa have stood by him a number of times when he’s not set standards you’d expect and i don’t know, that should count for something I think. He’s really adored at Villa by the fans and that’s something that will never happen at Man City. Trophies and stuff are nice, but sometimes appreciation and love can be enough.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4149 on: June 25, 2021, 12:13:04 pm »
Sometimes for certain players it’s a case of better the devil you know. He seems to have grown up some but Villa have stood by him a number of times when he’s not set standards you’d expect and i don’t know, that should count for something I think. He’s really adored at Villa by the fans and that’s something that will never happen at Man City. Trophies and stuff are nice, but sometimes appreciation and love can be enough.

Fair enough. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4150 on: June 25, 2021, 12:28:15 pm »

I tend to agree but unfortunately City are pretty much increasing his value alone to a level only really they can afford, and of course they'd pay higher wages than Villa too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4151 on: June 25, 2021, 12:46:11 pm »
Telegraph's John Percy and ESPN both running with the £100m offer. Percy and Sky saying Villa have no intention of selling and are offering him a new contract

If England get knocked out by Germany, will any of the tabloids blame Man City for putting in public bids for Grealish and Kane during the tournament? I'm guessing no, as nothing seems to stick to them

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4152 on: June 25, 2021, 12:56:58 pm »
yeah and the mis handling and terrible construction of the ESL really sucks for us because it totally closed down the debate about what should happen to top level football for years and we're in a far more un-equal situation than before

Still absolutely pissess me off how they went about it. They have a team of highly paid consultants and they ended up looking like chumps and in turn made UEFA the moral beacons of World football. The clubs have lost their hand, left licking their wounds and any hopes of significant reforms delayed for a while

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4153 on: June 25, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »
Abu Dhabi PR Sportswash FC really sticking it to the cabal, it's a heartwarming riches to riches story.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4154 on: June 25, 2021, 01:14:04 pm »
Still absolutely pissess me off how they went about it. They have a team of highly paid consultants and they ended up looking like chumps and in turn made UEFA the moral beacons of World football. The clubs have lost their hand, left licking their wounds and any hopes of significant reforms delayed for a while

Turned you into a man pissessed?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4155 on: June 25, 2021, 01:41:48 pm »
I think Kane and Grealish to City will get done eventually,they're a state owned sportswashing vehicle and signing 2 big profile English players will propably be seen as means to that end.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: June 25, 2021, 01:52:51 pm »
We could spend 250m.
Utd could spend 250m.

Since when has who City sell been a concern for them when they buy players?

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #4157 on: June 25, 2021, 02:08:01 pm »
Are villa maybe trying to please their fans by putting pressure on grealish to hand in a transfer request? Just to make it seem like “oh look we did everything possible to hold onto him but he wanted to go”

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4158 on: June 25, 2021, 02:33:37 pm »
Percy and Sky saying Villa have no intention of selling and are offering him a new contract

Join us as we go through some motions

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4159 on: June 25, 2021, 02:40:28 pm »
Are villa maybe trying to please their fans by putting pressure on grealish to hand in a transfer request? Just to make it seem like “oh look we did everything possible to hold onto him but he wanted to go”
It's all part of the dance nowadays, means they forfeit their "loyalty" bonus though.