Author Topic: CyberPunk 2077  (Read 46479 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CyberPunk 2077
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2020, 03:22:36 pm »
What is the fucking matter with people? The entitlement is staggering.

That said, if you're making death threats over a game you probably need some professional help.

You have to blame social media. It's just an avenue to spew hatred. We've seen it so much over the last few years. While these people have always existed, the fact they have this platform and then in turn it's gets reported, makes the news...it's just depressing to associate yourself with video games sometimes. It's like the footy where you just don't want to get involved in it because when something happens it always turns toxic.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2020, 04:07:21 pm »
No - going "gold" means the final version is ready to be printed and no changes remain - it's used as a shortcut to mean that they aqre finishing QA, but anything major will be pushed out as a Day one, and this shouldn't take long (i.e. that they have sent the code to the factories that print the discs and they are currently either printing, or waiting for a final sign off from the company)
Thanks Scotty.

It's weird as others have said that the issues seem to be in optimising for the consoles - when they haven't done the fully upgraded version for Series X/PS5 yet as far as I'm aware.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2020, 08:08:00 am »
Thanks Scotty.

It's weird as others have said that the issues seem to be in optimising for the consoles - when they haven't done the fully upgraded version for Series X/PS5 yet as far as I'm aware.

I read in one of the statements that the dev had essentially switched to being for the next gen consoles midway, which is what's lead to the difficulties for testing across all platforms at this point.

Will just say again, building a game of this scope across multiple platforms with multiple specs in a covid world of remote working has got to be a massive challenge.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2020, 10:23:42 am »
I read in one of the statements that the dev had essentially switched to being for the next gen consoles midway, which is what's lead to the difficulties for testing across all platforms at this point.

Will just say again, building a game of this scope across multiple platforms with multiple specs in a covid world of remote working has got to be a massive challenge.
Absolutely agree. From a selfish perspective, given I’ve managed to get a Series X, all I really care about is that it runs smoothly and looks incredible on that platform. You’d think, from the sounds of it that its running fine on PC and new gen - would it cause too much consternation and backlash to release earlier on the platforms that are ready? Probably my naivety about the industry showing here, first time I’ve had proper interest since probably the last years of the 360/PS3.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2020, 12:30:22 pm »
Absolutely agree. From a selfish perspective, given I’ve managed to get a Series X, all I really care about is that it runs smoothly and looks incredible on that platform. You’d think, from the sounds of it that its running fine on PC and new gen - would it cause too much consternation and backlash to release earlier on the platforms that are ready? Probably my naivety about the industry showing here, first time I’ve had proper interest since probably the last years of the 360/PS3.

Isn't the enhanced for nextgen version coming later anyway and the first version to launch would be the regular console version though, albeit performing better on the new consoles?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2020, 02:11:36 pm »
Isn't the enhanced for nextgen version coming later anyway and the first version to launch would be the regular console version though, albeit performing better on the new consoles?
I believe so, what I was trying to get at is if it’s struggling to run on current gen console, surely the only platform it’s stable on is PC?

This will get delayed again.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2020, 04:03:30 pm »
I believe so, what I was trying to get at is if it’s struggling to run on current gen console, surely the only platform it’s stable on is PC?

This will get delayed again.

I'm not convinced it will. Might be wrong, but I just don't see why they wouldn't have delayed this time as long as they needed. This isn't EA or an equivalent consumer-fucking behemoth. CDPR through their track record have shown a lot of respect for a) the game(s) they make and b) the people that buy them. They'll be fully aware how a third delay will be reported and received so think the release and reasoning will be true and kept to.

Like I say, may be wrong, but taking it at face value I'd imagine there's been an internal conversation/inquiry with some honest discussions about time required and they're confident that three weeks is what's needed to deliver.

On the game itself, I can't wait. The GF seems genuinely interested in this one and we've got a plan to have a save for her and me, with her dictating the choices and directions that I play out for her! Can't wait to explore Night City either.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2020, 06:34:19 pm »
Kinda looks like a Deus Ex Mod

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2020, 11:12:15 pm »
Kinda looks like a Deus Ex Mod
at first i though this was a sequel to deus ex
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2020, 01:33:38 am »
Every time I see this thread bumped I think it's been delayed again ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2020, 09:14:01 am »
at first i though this was a sequel to deus ex

Someone on another board (yes I know! they actually exist) saying it's like a jumble of parts like Deus Ex, Omikron, GTA and Rage had a baby and I feel no connection to any of it. Thought that was quite apt

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2020, 09:18:34 am »
Someone on another board (yes I know! they actually exist) saying it's like a jumble of parts like Deus Ex, Omikron, GTA and Rage had a baby and I feel no connection to any of it. Thought that was quite apt

Honestly feel the same regarding "the connection". Then again, it's been quite some time since I was genuinely excited about a new game.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2020, 09:55:53 pm »
Latest Gameplay trailer. Minor Spoiler in it. Don't watch if you don't want to.

It LIVES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8lX3hDU30

No more delays ! ?

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2020, 10:03:06 am »
Nope, delays are over and apparently there is full game footage doing the rounds online (I wont look, hate spoilers) plus a warehouse full of games ready to ship!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2020, 10:12:57 am »
Still not sold on this.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2020, 10:21:23 am »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2020, 10:28:28 am »
They are claiming over 175 hours of gameplay.

I think it will do standard AAA title sales and will probably do well longer term when prices go down and more PS5 and Series X get into store.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #177 on: December 2, 2020, 09:25:02 pm »
seems like some people in the US have had theirs delivered already. so that would at least bin the idea of it being delayed again.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #178 on: December 2, 2020, 11:05:41 pm »
seems like some people in the US have had theirs delivered already. so that would at least bin the idea of it being delayed again.

Immediately checked 4 torrent sites :(((

Def think this will leak early but then will prob have massive day1 patch !
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #179 on: December 2, 2020, 11:09:32 pm »
Immediately checked 4 torrent sites :(((

Def think this will leak early but then will prob have massive day1 patch !

They've already said there'll be a release day patch. I think that was the reason for the last delay.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #180 on: December 2, 2020, 11:10:48 pm »

Saw a news report by German magazine "Gamestar" last week that said there were already pictures of the PS4-box-version on reddit and a streamer already streamed the game for 20 minutes somewhere. So, yeah it probaby won't be delayed again...

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #181 on: December 3, 2020, 07:14:19 pm »
Reports on Reddit saying it will be needing that patch

(Currently 6 hours into the game on xbox series x and I just now got the title screen....this is a BIG game) Population density is wayyyy higher than I was expecting, runs at 60fps with some frame drops, the game is very buggy like repeated crashes, dialogue just not being played sometimes, I've had the controller become completely unresponsive for several seconds a dozen times or so, some serious ghosting on objects when moving quickly, animations just not working properly, screen flickering a lot, vehicles and npcs spawning and despawing out of thin air. And TONS of repeating npcs. Like 3 identical npcs standing directly next to each other. The game REALLY needs a patch. This version is nowhere near close to ready. I'm just hoping that that patch is magic because damn. Severe jank. But when everything works right....Dude this game is amazing. It lives up to the hype. It really does.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #182 on: December 3, 2020, 07:28:40 pm »

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #183 on: December 3, 2020, 10:29:23 pm »
Reports on Reddit saying it will be needing that patch

(Currently 6 hours into the game on xbox series x and I just now got the title screen....this is a BIG game) Population density is wayyyy higher than I was expecting, runs at 60fps with some frame drops, the game is very buggy like repeated crashes, dialogue just not being played sometimes, I've had the controller become completely unresponsive for several seconds a dozen times or so, some serious ghosting on objects when moving quickly, animations just not working properly, screen flickering a lot, vehicles and npcs spawning and despawing out of thin air. And TONS of repeating npcs. Like 3 identical npcs standing directly next to each other. The game REALLY needs a patch. This version is nowhere near close to ready. I'm just hoping that that patch is magic because damn. Severe jank. But when everything works right....Dude this game is amazing. It lives up to the hype. It really does.

to be expected on such a rushed game to be honest ....)

Might wait till I can get a gtx 3060 and ryzen 5600...

or NOT

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 4, 2020, 02:30:41 am »
I'm absolutely waiting for a couple of patches, hopefully I'll be able to pick up a 3080 and this in a couple of months if the absurd scalping and lack of stock ever stops being a problem.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: December 4, 2020, 10:03:12 am »
Been so hyped for this but not getting it until the next gen version is out, no point playing an inferior version now after waiting this long.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #186 on: December 4, 2020, 10:11:27 am »
quite a few leaks around now, if you're into that sort of thing.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 4, 2020, 11:26:23 am »
Been so hyped for this but not getting it until the next gen version is out, no point playing an inferior version now after waiting this long.

This was my thought but with no indication of when a next gen release might happen Ive asked for it for Xmas. Then once a next gen copy releases it should be time for another play through.

• Kopite
« Reply #188 on: December 4, 2020, 11:33:26 am »
This was my thought but with no indication of when a next gen release might happen Ive asked for it for Xmas. Then once a next gen copy releases it should be time for another play through.
The old me would have done this but I know there's no chance I'll have time to do another playthrough with all of the other games that will be out by then.  2021 is shaping up to be a crazy first full year of a console generation!

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 4, 2020, 10:13:12 pm »
Where I live is not a prioritized market. I have a lot of work as well so it will be the PS4 version for me. Slightly worried about loading times, but I’ve suffered through Skyrim and XCOM2. I’ll manage.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 5, 2020, 10:28:25 pm »

I’d assume the next gen version will be early 2021 as opposed to late.

From all accounts, the delays were down to the game struggling on previous gen hardware, but was running fine on the next gen stuff.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 5, 2020, 11:24:57 pm »
seems like a massive game. not sure im into games like this anymore to be honest. its just the amount of time it takes to do anything in them and i find them overwhelming. whats makes it worse is that im a total completionist as well.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 6, 2020, 06:35:28 pm »

I've seen it playing on both ps4 pro and ps5 and it looks incredible, the ps5 version is 60fps too. This was a review build of the game but I'd assume retail day 1 will also be 60fps on next gen versions.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #193 on: December 6, 2020, 07:46:30 pm »
Wish I knew when the next gen version will be out. Not paying 110 quid for the same game like we got skanked into with GTA. If they did a FIFA type deal where you buy now and upgrade to Series X when its ready, I'd do that.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 6, 2020, 08:06:36 pm »
Wish I knew when the next gen version will be out. Not paying 110 quid for the same game like we got skanked into with GTA. If they did a FIFA type deal where you buy now and upgrade to Series X when its ready, I'd do that.

That's exactly what it is. You don't buy the game twice, you just uograde your PS4/Xbox copy.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #195 on: December 6, 2020, 08:07:30 pm »

They have that option, mate...

https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-next-gen-consoles-compatibility/

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #196 on: December 6, 2020, 08:14:51 pm »
That's exactly what it is. You don't buy the game twice, you just uograde your PS4/Xbox copy.
They have that option, mate...

https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-next-gen-consoles-compatibility/

Oh nice one ;D I was expecting the GTA5 upgrade where I had to buy it twice.

In that case I'm very bloody tempted. I've got 15th to 20th off work too ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 6, 2020, 08:18:43 pm »
Oh nice one ;D I was expecting the GTA5 upgrade where I had to buy it twice.

In that case I'm very bloody tempted. I've got 15th to 20th off work too ;D

They never charge for their upgrades.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Kopite
« Reply #198 on: December 7, 2020, 09:37:39 am »
They're even upgrading The Witcher 3 at some stage apparently.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 7, 2020, 09:49:31 am »
Actually getting quite excited for this. Not looked forward to a new release this much since probably Fallout 4.