Author Topic: The mourning of departed Reds  (Read 20338 times)

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The mourning of departed Reds
« Reply #80 on: September 4, 2020, 12:16:27 pm »
Gulley will be a massive loss to the forum. Really sad to hear the news in the other thread. RIP.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2020, 08:21:20 am »
RIP to Lenny Woods one of the all time great reds now reunited with his partner in crime Bobby Wilcox

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2020, 11:00:41 am »
RIP to Lenny Woods one of the all time great reds now reunited with his partner in crime Bobby Wilcox

Was about to post this too..

RIP fella.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickyallt/status/1310290543000387585

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2020, 01:33:48 pm »
Lenny along with others like Big Bobby, legends of the aways and in Europe. Bevvied with him occasionally at aways..couple of mates travelled to European aways with him. Sad News

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2020, 07:08:33 pm »
I didn't know about this thread. I was looking for somewhere to post about Lenny last night. Hence why I went for Bobby's thread in the end. Good to know this exists though (sadly). 

RIP Lenny
We are a team of one half.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2020, 07:21:03 pm »
Very sad news about a true Kop legend.

RIP Lenny.

YNWA
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2020, 08:46:02 pm »
RIP Lenny.

First saw you on the history of LFC video describing the buzz on the Kop pre-Rome ‘77 and the songs that were being invented and thought yeah I want to experience some of that.

YNWA

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2020, 06:53:50 pm »
RIP Lenny.

One of the off the pitch legends of this club.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2020, 06:58:36 pm »
RIP Lenny. Back with Bobby. Proper reds
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 7, 2020, 09:42:25 pm »
Definitely remember seeing that lad in the Albert years back, RIP.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2020, 05:17:44 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but my step-son Steveo7 (Stephen Moore) sadly and unexpectedly passed away on Thursday.

Needless to say his family are devastated. He's had a hard time over the last few years but he had great memories of Istanbul and other European aways (even though he hated flying) and was a keen follower of cycling having followed the Tour de France in the early 1990s as part of a University photography course.

RIP Stevo7
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=summary;u=12586

YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2020, 08:30:19 pm »
RIP Stephen.  :'(

YNWA.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #93 on: February 6, 2021, 02:36:55 pm »
Chris Stewart.

A Chorley lad and another home and away Kopite, taken by this bastard virus.

RIP Chris

YNWA
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #94 on: February 6, 2021, 09:44:10 pm »
John Roach of Formby - Kop ST holder for about 40 years, supporter for about 80. Sat in 105 with his daughter Val.

Died 18th January after his whole family tested positive after Xmas (after his son-in-law died on 8th, Val's husband)  :'(

Left behind 4 daughters, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Cremated on Thursday after visiting the ground for the last time when the hearse went past behind the Main Stand behind the memorial.

Bloody Covid. RIP John YNWA
We are a team of one half.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #95 on: February 6, 2021, 09:46:28 pm »
This is really sad :(

RIP Chris and John. YNWA

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2021, 08:17:55 pm »
Received the very sad news this morning that my best mate, a lifelong Liverpool fanatic, died last night from MND. Some on here will possibly remember him or know of him. Peter Macquarie aka Skiff. Pete travelled by train and car from Edinburgh home and away year after year. For a spell in the mid 70's he was based in Birmingham being at Birmingham University and if memory serves correctly travelled to Anfield occasionally on the Worcester bus. A season ticket holder on the Kop for many years.  He'll be terribly missed by family and friends alike.

RIP Pete YNWA.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2021, 08:23:38 pm »
Received the very sad news this morning that my best mate, a lifelong Liverpool fanatic, died last night from MND. Some on here will possibly remember him or know of him. Peter Macquarie aka Skiff. Pete travelled by train and car from Edinburgh home and away year after year. For a spell in the mid 70's he was based in Birmingham being at Birmingham University and if memory serves correctly travelled to Anfield occasionally on the Worcester bus. A season ticket holder on the Kop for many years.  He'll be terribly missed by family and friends alike.

RIP Pete YNWA.

Sorry for your loss mate.

RIP Skiff.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2021, 08:28:57 pm »
Sorry to hear that David mate.
RIP.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2021, 08:32:17 pm »
Sorry for your loss David.

RIP.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2021, 10:52:51 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear this.

Condolences to you and all who knew and loved Peter.

RIP.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2021, 10:55:53 pm »
Such sad news.

Sorry for your loss.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2021, 11:08:42 pm »
Sorry for your loss David. Such an awful disease.

RIP Skiff.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2021, 08:54:32 am »
It's always sad to lose a fellow Red whether we know them or not.

So sorry for your loss mate

RIP Skiff 💔

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2021, 09:19:25 am »

RIP Pete YNWA.

Sorry to hear that YNWA
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2021, 11:47:52 am »
RIP Skiff. Such a wretched disease. Condolences to you David and to Skiff’s family. Losing your bezzie is always a tough one.

YNWA
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2021, 01:28:11 am »
Strange the way things happen, isn't it?

I hardly ever post on here these days, don't think I've stepped into this boozer for about 5 months, not since I was moaning about our house purchase.

Yet tonight, as I lie here unable to sleep, I stumble across this thread for the first time and I read it. I'm not sure what I was expecting to find, but Barney's post on the first page knocked me for six.

On the 19th of March this year I found out I was going to be a dad for the first time. I was scared, but so excited. On the 28th of May I found out I was going to have a baby boy. We bought him clothes and toys, I built his cot and his changing table. Everything was ready for him, apart from us. On the 9th July, at 9pm, our son was born 22 weeks and 1 day in to his life. I was the first person to hold him, after I'd told the doctors that they could stop their failing attempts to keep his airways open. He died 4 hours later in his mum's arms.

His funeral was on the 23rd of July. The only song played was You'll Never Walk Alone. Never have those words meant more to me than they did as I carried my son's coffin to the front of the crematorium. I'd often fantasised about the first time my son and I would hear that song together. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it would have been in those circumstances.

I haven't spoken of this to anyone outside of close friends, family and colleagues. It feels so strange to be writing it down. But I guess whatever brought me here on this night intended for me to share it.

I hope the pain has started to ease for your friend, Barney. I hope one day it does for us too.

Rest in peace, Oliver Philip Smith. YNWA.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2021, 02:38:12 am »
So sorry for your loss AJ  YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2021, 08:48:36 am »
That is awful AJ, so sorry for your loss.

Sympathy to everyone whose lost someone.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2021, 08:49:48 am »
Sorry for your loss AJ, YNWA.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2021, 09:14:30 am »
Heartbreaking….

Deepest sympathies
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2021, 09:24:12 am »
As a father of two sons that’s such a heartbreaking read AJ , deepest sympathies to both you and Oliver’s mum and RIP Oliver

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2021, 10:00:56 am »
That has really got to me, I'm so sorry for your loss AJ.  :'(

Also, I'd not caught up with this thread for a bit and sadly missed a few other passing Reds, RIP to them all. YNWA. x
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2021, 10:28:09 am »
So sorry for your loss AJ, heartbreaking read.

YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2021, 11:00:35 am »
Can only echo what everyone else has said AJ. Thoughts are with you.

RIP Oliver.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2021, 11:33:26 am »
Sorry for your loss AJ

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2021, 11:45:34 am »
Really sorry to hear that AJ, heart-breaking for you all.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2021, 12:40:23 pm »
Strange the way things happen, isn't it?

I hardly ever post on here these days, don't think I've stepped into this boozer for about 5 months, not since I was moaning about our house purchase.

Yet tonight, as I lie here unable to sleep, I stumble across this thread for the first time and I read it. I'm not sure what I was expecting to find, but Barney's post on the first page knocked me for six.

On the 19th of March this year I found out I was going to be a dad for the first time. I was scared, but so excited. On the 28th of May I found out I was going to have a baby boy. We bought him clothes and toys, I built his cot and his changing table. Everything was ready for him, apart from us. On the 9th July, at 9pm, our son was born 22 weeks and 1 day in to his life. I was the first person to hold him, after I'd told the doctors that they could stop their failing attempts to keep his airways open. He died 4 hours later in his mum's arms.

His funeral was on the 23rd of July. The only song played was You'll Never Walk Alone. Never have those words meant more to me than they did as I carried my son's coffin to the front of the crematorium. I'd often fantasised about the first time my son and I would hear that song together. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it would have been in those circumstances.

I haven't spoken of this to anyone outside of close friends, family and colleagues. It feels so strange to be writing it down. But I guess whatever brought me here on this night intended for me to share it.

I hope the pain has started to ease for your friend, Barney. I hope one day it does for us too.

Rest in peace, Oliver Philip Smith. YNWA.

So, so sorry for your loss mate.

People can fall-out, get a cob on, talk absolute bollocks or even lie through their teeth on this site, but you know what, when the chips are down you'll find the very best in here, people with genuine empathy, a vast amount of life experience and people who sometimes have experienced the same emotions you have.

YNWA
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2021, 12:44:11 pm »
That's a heartbreaking story AJ.

When you're going through hell, keep going.

YNWA.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2021, 01:06:15 pm »
Oh god AJ what an awful tragedy for you all, that is truly heartbreaking to read.

RIP Oliver YNWA 💔