Author Topic: The Last of Us.... Part II  (Read 23467 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Last of Us.... Part II
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2021, 01:39:37 pm »
I can’t wait to see Joel get his skull smashed in all over again. The crying over it will be glorious all over again.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #361 on: February 12, 2021, 01:43:53 pm »
Pascal is a great shout for Joel, I'm not sure about the GOT girl for Ellie but she could be good.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2021, 02:51:14 pm »
It's kind of hard to picture Ellie as anyone but Ellen Page, though obviously she's a bit old for the role these days.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: February 12, 2021, 02:53:08 pm »
It's kind of hard to picture Ellie as anyone but Ellen Page, though obviously she's a bit old for the role these days.

Elliot Page now
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2021, 01:55:49 pm »
I hadn't played the actual game yet so picked it up in the sale. Sounded like a bit of a marmite game where you either love it or hate it.

To me it fell in the middle, I can understand why people feel the way they do from both sides.

I will give Naughty Dog a lot of credit for doing what a lot of developers are unwilling to do and actually explore more complex, 'darker' and mature themes. So many games shy away from this and storytelling in games is very difficult given how interactive a medium it is. Presentation wise its absolutely top notch, even on a base PS4, but Naughty Dog have always excelled at that.

However a game like this lives or dies by its story and that's where it fell down for me, I didn't feel engaged with the characters, I'm not sure why but just didn't do it for me. I don't mind Joel dying but to me the Joel from the first game would never have got himself into that situation in the first place, he's smarter than that. At the end of the day though did we really need a sequel? Has this really added anything worth seeing?

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2021, 10:24:14 am »
My dream casting would have been Hugh Jackman and Kaitlyn Dever but it is what it is. Big fan of Pascal so I'm sure he'll do the role justice, not too keen on Ellie's casting though, I thought Kaitlyn Dever would have been absolutely perfect for the role.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: July 2, 2021, 09:59:11 am »
So currently playing this on the PS5 for the first time with the 60 FPS boost, and it's been immense. I can understand why people don't love the game, but how can anyone argue this is a bad game? I knew the hysteria over this last year was cringeworthy without even playing the game, but glad I've confirmed for myself what utter shite people were talking last year. The 60 FPS makes a massive difference, I loved the first one but the gameplay did feel a bit clunky, whereas this one is really smooth on the PS5.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 2, 2021, 10:05:01 am »
So currently playing this on the PS5 for the first time with the 60 FPS boost, and it's been immense. I can understand why people don't love the game, but how can anyone argue this is a bad game? I knew the hysteria over this last year was cringeworthy without even playing the game, but glad I've confirmed for myself what utter shite people were talking last year. The 60 FPS makes a massive difference, I loved the first one but the gameplay did feel a bit clunky, whereas this one is really smooth on the PS5.

The combat is truly satisfying. Molotov, Brick, Shotgun, whatever. It's great you can shoot limbs off and take enemies down differently. Can't get a headshot, go for the leg and finish them off with a metal club. Draw clickers towards enemy camps, set traps. I mean there's so many ways to go about the combat. Hoping they carry it all into factions 2.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: August 4, 2021, 02:55:34 pm »
Just finished this ,wow, such a powerful clever game.
No time for caution.

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #369 on: August 4, 2021, 03:53:41 pm »
I can’t wait to see Joel get his skull smashed in all over again. The crying over it will be glorious all over again.

Spoiler!

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: August 4, 2021, 04:35:21 pm »
Spoiler!

Games been out for over a year mate  ;D

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: August 4, 2021, 11:29:36 pm »
can't believe the multiplayer still isn't out
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 8, 2021, 07:52:44 pm »

To many fragile manchildren out there is my opinion why the game recieved so much hate. Plus the leak before the game came out probably didn't help, which spoiled a lot of the twists but without context and by then a lot of people had already made their mind up.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2021, 11:23:28 am »
Just made it to Seattle Day 2 with
Spoiler
Abby
[close]
. Heading back to
Spoiler
Save the Scar kids from the Scars
[close]

Such an intense game. I find myself desperate for the cutscenes and take them as a natural queue to take a break.

The part where you
Spoiler
escape the scar camp with Abby & the kids was insane, thank god for the incendiary bullets when you get stuck in the building as the kids work to get you out. Love how the devs are making you care/see Abby's point of view after all the time relentlessly hunting her down as Ellie
[close]

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2021, 03:54:45 pm »
i think the descent (hotel) and ground zero (hospital) chapters are my favourite parts of maybe any games. just so intense and unnerving

these games are just so well acted and scripted it makes all others really clunky and awkward in comparison.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 03:56:26 pm by ShatnersBassoon »

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: August 13, 2021, 02:47:20 pm »
i think the descent (hotel) and ground zero (hospital) chapters are my favourite parts of maybe any games. just so intense and unnerving

Went through these areas last night. Couldn't agree more.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2023, 10:16:39 am »
Been trying to be careful to avoid spoilers for this amidst all of the tv series (corresponding with the game Part 1) chat, as I've never played Part 2.

Are there any noises being made about a PS5 remaster of Part 2 akin to the 2014 PS4 remaster of the original Part 1?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2023, 10:54:57 am »
Been trying to be careful to avoid spoilers for this amidst all of the tv series (corresponding with the game Part 1) chat, as I've never played Part 2.

Are there any noises being made about a PS5 remaster of Part 2 akin to the 2014 PS4 remaster of the original Part 1?

There are noises because ND are working on 3 things. Factions 2, New IP and something else which people think is either part 3 or a PS5 version of the second game.

I guess they could coincide that with the second series of TLOU. Nothing concrete yet though.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: March 23, 2023, 11:51:05 am »
They already patched it to PS5, and it plays great. I'd imagine any remaster would offer minimal improvements and would likely be a wait of at least a year or two - especially in the context of the opportunity cost of waiting for it, and having the plot spoiled for you

(to be honest, I'm amazed spoiling hasn't already happened given what I've seen online in discussions about the HBO series! i'd take the win, and get on with playing the game in your shoes)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #379 on: March 23, 2023, 12:08:38 pm »
They already patched it to PS5, and it plays great. I'd imagine any remaster would offer minimal improvements and would likely be a wait of at least a year or two - especially in the context of the opportunity cost of waiting for it, and having the plot spoiled for you

(to be honest, I'm amazed spoiling hasn't already happened given what I've seen online in discussions about the HBO series! i'd take the win, and get on with playing the game in your shoes)

Oh, believe me...  >:( ;D I'll just have to try to avoid others, haha.

Got such a backlog of 'big' games (RDRII, Horizon Forbidden West, Death Stranding), but maybe I should take your advice...!

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: January 17, 2024, 10:22:26 pm »
Looking forward to diving back into this in a few days when the remaster comes out. £10 for the upgrade. The roguelike "No Return" mode sounds like it'll be worth the prices of admission alone, but I'm looking forward to diving into the lost levels too.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #381 on: January 19, 2024, 08:38:25 am »
can't believe the multiplayer still isn't out
:-X