Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1009889 times)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread
« on: October 6, 2009, 06:30:12 pm »
Now i know this isnt an agony aunt forum etc but can any of you guys and gals help.

i have a lil drink problem and i need to seriously cut it down. i cant go to the docs for help. does anyone here have any ideas? i dont want to quit, just drink say 2 times a week, for the footy etc.

presently im drinking about 5-6 pints of export and 5 pints of 7.5% cider a day. i know its not immense amounts but its cost me my marriage already.

sarcastic comments welcome as well cos knowing Rawk someone is itching to drop one lol.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:50:07 am by 24/7 »
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Skinny

• was born in a bathtub, and grew so incredibly thin, even the end of an eyedropper sucked him in. Swift in bed
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 6, 2009, 06:33:10 pm »
Have 5 wanks before every pint u drink. Dont think about having said pint till u`ve had the 5th wank
Get busy living or get busy dying

-Andy Dufresne

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: October 6, 2009, 06:33:15 pm »
Sorry, but 10+ pints a day isn't an immense amount?

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #3 on: October 6, 2009, 06:33:25 pm »
At least you admit it. That's a massive start..
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 6, 2009, 06:33:42 pm »
10 pints a day is a lot. Why can't you go the docs?

Offline Skinny

• was born in a bathtub, and grew so incredibly thin, even the end of an eyedropper sucked him in. Swift in bed
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: October 6, 2009, 06:34:05 pm »
On a serious note, try AA
Get busy living or get busy dying

-Andy Dufresne

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 6, 2009, 06:34:11 pm »
grew up with an alcoholic dad, torn the family apart

10+ a day is definetly excessive, do you drink during the day?
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 6, 2009, 06:34:51 pm »
It has already been said - get help. Go to the docs, AA, anything.

10 pints a day will kill you. Soon.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 6, 2009, 06:35:58 pm »
At least you admit it. That's a massive start..

It has already been said - get help. Go to the docs, AA, anything.

10 pints a day will kill you. Soon.

Pretty much all that needs to be said really. I wish you luck anyway.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 6, 2009, 06:36:02 pm »
my dad moved out in 2006, able bodied - kept drinking alot of cider everyday, is now incapable of walking without a stick and struggles to get up and down the stairs to his flat.

for the sake of your health and standard of life, get sorted as soon as possible mate, good luck

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 6, 2009, 06:36:02 pm »
Thats loads mate. Get some interests that dont involve alcohol. where do you drink? at home or pub? if is the pub you have far too much spare cash.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #11 on: October 6, 2009, 06:36:55 pm »
I honestly think also if you are drinking that much already I don't think you will be able to ''cut it down'' to a few pints watching the match.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 6, 2009, 06:37:48 pm »
I honestly think also if you are drinking that much already I don't think you will be able to ''cut it down'' to a few pints watching the match.
without proper help and will power.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 6, 2009, 06:37:53 pm »
Mate, ten pints plus a day is very excessive. And I don't want to think about the cost of it all!

Seek help, mate.

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #14 on: October 6, 2009, 06:38:21 pm »
without proper help and will power.

exactley

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #16 on: October 6, 2009, 06:47:08 pm »
Only drink for Liverpool matches, Simples
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline L12

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 6, 2009, 06:48:29 pm »
Now i know this isnt an agony aunt forum etc but can any of you guys and gals help.

i have a lil drink problem and i need to seriously cut it down. i cant go to the docs for help. does anyone here have any ideas? i dont want to quit, just drink say 2 times a week, for the footy etc.

presently im drinking about 5-6 pints of export and 5 pints of 7.5% cider a day. i know its not immense amounts but its cost me my marriage already.

sarcastic comments welcome as well cos knowing Rawk someone is itching to drop one lol.

Actually that is a lot of booze, you must be loaded.
Find the reason why you drink so much, job , family, friends, depressed etc,and try to deal with it
Do something different in the time that is normally spent drinking.
Make the weekend drinks a reward for getting through the week, but DON"T over do it to compensate for the lost drinks in week.
Like cider myself, but over time it really messes your digestive system up.
Good luck.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #18 on: October 6, 2009, 06:53:28 pm »
And get  a gym membership. Stay active during the day and focus on whatever is setting you off.

When you physically feel better about your look and build, you will be more adament about taking it easy on the booze.

Just tips that have helped me...
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #19 on: October 6, 2009, 06:53:41 pm »

This is a cliché, but its a cliché for a reason, and thats because its true - The first step is admitting you have a problem, the next step is doing something about it. There is help out there if you really want it. Go to a meeting and check it out. - http://www.aa-uk.org.uk/lists/htf.htm
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 6, 2009, 06:53:46 pm »
i do drink during the day. ill have export in the pub then cheap shit cider at home. 5.28 pints of it to be precise. thing is i dont actually get pissed, merry maybe but thats it. also if im drinking i wont eat. I cant go to the docs cos the local authority nut house has access to all my medical records. one wiff of this and im fooked.

i know its a serious matter but i tried AA once before. The bloke said come to the meeting at 7.30pm etc. he rung the next day to ask why i didnt make it. told him the truth. i was pissed.

weird thing is i dont crave a drink, its just become a habit. if i have a hangover,which is rare, ill drink till it goes. I like the euphoria being merry gives me.

im doin about 35 units a day. the weekly recommended is 25 i think. summat has to give and id rather it was the booze.

cheers for the help tho guys. ill take all advice on board.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #21 on: October 6, 2009, 06:58:26 pm »
I'm very upset to read that lovely Harvest, because you were doing so well a little while ago.

You know that there is absolutely no reason for you to drink yourself to death.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 6, 2009, 07:00:36 pm »
I'm very upset to read that lovely Harvest, because you were doing so well a little while ago.

You know that there is absolutely no reason for you to drink yourself to death.

cheers maggie. i do have issues but from childhood etc. the gym idea is one ive been thinking of cos the booze has made me fatter with moobs. i have a great tattoo on my back that no one will see cos i wont take off my shirt lol.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 6, 2009, 07:00:42 pm »
Is there no one you can speak to in real life, about it?

Alcohol is the devils juice, i was scared to drink for years after seeing the potential harm it can do.

get back to the AA meetings, asap - cant you book into a detox centre, away from your home?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 6, 2009, 07:11:01 pm »
the ppl who know keep giving me grief. which makes me drink. which then gets me a bollocking which makes me drink. slight pattern there lol.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #25 on: October 6, 2009, 07:12:31 pm »
cheers maggie. i do have issues but from childhood etc. the gym idea is one ive been thinking of cos the booze has made me fatter with moobs. i have a great tattoo on my back that no one will see cos i wont take off my shirt lol.

Well stop thinking about it and sign up then.  The buzz you get far exceeds the ale euphoria.   See if there are local authority gyms near you - a good few also have a pool.

And for not confessing you had one before now, I expect a personal piccie of your tattoo.   :D
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 6, 2009, 07:15:51 pm »
the ppl who know keep giving me grief. which makes me drink. which then gets me a bollocking which makes me drink. slight pattern there lol.

gyms a good option pal. go for it, the buzz you get from doing it will be worth it.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #27 on: October 6, 2009, 07:17:05 pm »
10+ pints is definitely far too much. Admitting it is a big first step, well done mate.

I think that you need to work out why you are drinking so much. Is there something / someone you can't face? Prevention is better than cure

Good luck

Offline Mook

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 6, 2009, 07:17:11 pm »
I've got a bit of a drink problem myself, I'm trolleyed to the point of blacking out 2/3 times a weekend & probably drink 1/2 other nights a week, the only thing stopping me drinking more is the lack of money. I certainly don't drink as much as you though.

If I don't drink, I find myself sitting around wondering where the next one is coming from. I think it's a vicious circle really, to be honest I enjoy it & don't really want to stop although it gets in the way with my girlfriend & with my playing music (Drumming with a hangover has become nigh on impossible since I hit 30).

Maybe trying to go to places where you can't really get pished like the Cinema or an Art Gallery would be a good start, as long as you can avoid the boozer/offy on your way home...

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 6, 2009, 07:19:58 pm »
i do drink during the day. ill have export in the pub then cheap shit cider at home. 5.28 pints of it to be precise. thing is i dont actually get pissed, merry maybe but thats it. also if im drinking i wont eat. I cant go to the docs cos the local authority nut house has access to all my medical records. one wiff of this and im fooked.

i know its a serious matter but i tried AA once before. The bloke said come to the meeting at 7.30pm etc. he rung the next day to ask why i didnt make it. told him the truth. i was pissed.

weird thing is i dont crave a drink, its just become a habit. if i have a hangover,which is rare, ill drink till it goes. I like the euphoria being merry gives me.

im doin about 35 units a day. the weekly recommended is 25 i think. summat has to give and id rather it was the booze.

cheers for the help tho guys. ill take all advice on board.

Is that legal?! I didn't think anyone from outside the NHS could see your records.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 6, 2009, 07:20:06 pm »
I've got a bit of a drink problem myself, I'm trolleyed to the point of blacking out 2/3 times a weekend & probably drink 1/2 other nights a week, the only thing stopping me drinking more is the lack of money. I certainly don't drink as much as you though.

If I don't drink, I find myself sitting around wondering where the next one is coming from. I think it's a vicious circle really, to be honest I enjoy it & don't really want to stop although it gets in the way with my girlfriend & with my playing music (Drumming with a hangover has become nigh on impossible since I hit 30).

Maybe trying to go to places where you can't really get pished like the Cinema or an Art Gallery would be a good start, as long as you can avoid the boozer/offy on your way home...

thats just me. its stopping me playing guitar. i used to do 6 hrs a day. well cheers for the advice and words guys. think its time for me to grow a set and stop running from me probs. and maggie, ill send u that pic :)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #31 on: October 6, 2009, 07:39:44 pm »
Good luck Harvest, hope you can come good.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #32 on: October 6, 2009, 07:42:42 pm »
Gym lad.

If you stay dedicated for the first month and lay off the lager and cider - you will see very fast improvements to your weight and you'll want to continue. I was a fucking fat c*nt, now a good weight and trim - plus Im going like 4 times a week. Keeps me off the weekday booze and weekday ciggies.

As you said, grow a pair cause it will be alot cheaper to have a gym membership then spending on 10 pints a day - plus you're friends and family will be extremely supportive and happy that you are making a life changing decision and following through.

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #33 on: October 6, 2009, 07:46:25 pm »
let us know how you get on..oh and I wouldn't mind a piccie of your tat too :D

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #34 on: October 6, 2009, 07:49:44 pm »
Alright Harvest,sorry to hear about this but you seriously have completed one of the biggest steps by admitting and realising you have a problem,my dad used to have a big problem with drink too and he used to always refuse that he had a problem when it was blatantly obvious he had.However,once he finally realised that he was drinking far too much things seemed to go uphill from there.He joined the AA and said it really really helped because you are in an enviroment with people who all have the same problem so ye all help each other get rid of or at least reduce the problem.He said the fact that he was able to meet and converse with people who had the same problem as him reassured him that he wasnt alone and in turn helped him get rid of the problem.He used to drink more or less every night too but now he has it down to having 2 or 3 pints watching a match or going out for a meal etc.Is definitly much healthier and happier with his life.Would seriously suggest the AA anyway Harvest based on my dad's experiences from it.

All the best with it Harvest
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 6, 2009, 08:08:33 pm »
10 pints a day is a lot. Why can't you go the docs?

he cant stand up
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline PepesPetCrocodile

• ...is now a lovely handbag
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #36 on: October 6, 2009, 08:14:42 pm »
Gym would defo be a good idea I think, when you're in the routine of working out all the time you'll often not want to put anything bad in ya body to undo the hard work so it can help not just physically but mentally aswell. Go for it mate.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 6, 2009, 08:15:43 pm »
In all seriousness tho  the very best of luck
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 6, 2009, 08:16:53 pm »
he cant stand up

hahahahah thats class. lol. i gave the local authority permission to access my records due to mental health issues. so they could keep tabs on me basically. They think im a nutter. dunno how else to say it. but im off to the gym first thing tomorro. i will beat this fucker.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #39 on: October 6, 2009, 08:17:38 pm »
Drinking for drinkings sake is an empty experience.

But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best. :)

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family