Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1044146 times)

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: George R. R. Martin's 'Game of Thrones' television series
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »
hmm medieval fantasy... the genre that time should have long forgotten about.  fucking dire.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=273517.0

::)

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2011, 04:13:06 pm »
Just watched the second episode last night.

That poor cow got her back doors smashed in again lol

The imp is brilliant, what an actor he is.

Dire wolves were awesome.  You can see how shady the Kings in laws are now, that little blonde lad is a shithouse and a half.

All in all it's looking good.
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2011, 11:55:16 pm »
I'm enjoying it, I'm halfway through book 4 and it's been interesting to see their interpretation of it. I agree that Tyrion is great, Sean Bean is brilliant as Ned Stark and I'm also liking Ayra. I have to admit she is one of my favourite characters and I was a bit afraid of what they may have done to her, but she's been spot on so far. Daenerys is so-so but then she is in the books too imo.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2011, 06:43:06 am »
Enjoyed second episode, dialogue and storyline are still great, long may it continue.

Offline doikc

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2011, 03:28:43 pm »
Really enjoyed reading the first 3 books and I've watched the first episode. Liking it so far. The settings fit in with the story, liked what i saw of the wall. It was important they got the imp correct he's one of my favorite characters. I loved how the books blurred good v evil. I really think the direwolves are a very important part of the plot and can't wait to see how they are portrayed.

I'm just grateful it's HBO doing it. Looking forward to the rest.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi. Benitez YNWA

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 1, 2011, 12:22:58 am »
They were £5.49 on iTunes, where can they be found for free?!

Sorry mate, only just got back from skiing tonight. I got the torrents from either IPT or ISO hunt. Cant remember which.

Have read up to about 80% of the second book now and really enjoying them. I really like the way they are structured - although I'm finding Dany is starting to get on my tits a bit. Its getting to the stage where I'm just skim reading her bits, which I dont want to do. But fuck me she's a boring twat. Although I dont want to miss anything for the future where I think she may have more of an impact on things. Everything about her part so far seems background material compared to the rest of the characters.

I think I'll watch the series as a whole when its finished if I can, although I'm not sure I'll have the patience.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #127 on: May 1, 2011, 01:04:58 am »
I have a feeling it's going to turn into a fantasy Lassie come home with a girl getting her back doors smashed in every now and again.

I guess there will be one part when they ride on the backs of the Dire wolves.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: May 1, 2011, 02:41:33 am »
thought the second episode was great, cant wait for the next one, it did a very good job of making you hate the prince, twat.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 2, 2011, 06:31:34 am »
I'm made up that so many other lfc supporters are into these books and the tv series. The character progression in the books is fantastic, especially compared to other fantasy sagas.

I love the opening credits of the tv series for some unbeknown reason.

The casting has been pretty much spot on in general. Arya, Ned and Tyrion are bang on. Emilia Clarke is a really decent actress in her facial expressions of fear and general turmoil.

But the books are just mind-blowingly good. I recommmend anyone to read them, above the age of puberty though ;)

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #131 on: May 2, 2011, 06:44:00 pm »
Just watched the third one and it's all starting to get a little bit boring.

Does anything actually happen may give it a couple more to see if it picks up if not I will give it a miss.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 2, 2011, 07:29:29 pm »
It's ace. Peter Dinklage is awesome.

It's a slow burner, look at the size of the books, massive, lots of groundwork to be laid. So anyone expecting fast paced all action should probably go and watch Blood and the Sand instead.

Offline Apollo

• Kopite
  • I've got the
« Reply #133 on: May 2, 2011, 10:18:30 pm »
Love it. Glad that it's slow, really enjoyable to watch. The production is top notch. Doesn't compare with the shite we have made just for British tv, can't think of the last thing that was any good. Ashes to Ashes was alright.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 2, 2011, 10:20:14 pm »
Just watched the third one and it's all starting to get a little bit boring.

Does anything actually happen may give it a couple more to see if it picks up if not I will give it a miss.
First book is slowish, goes mental afterwards, and not just with content but with the quality of the content.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #135 on: May 3, 2011, 12:07:05 am »
First book is slowish, goes mental afterwards, and not just with content but with the quality of the content.

I think that's the problem I have never read the books and know nothing about what is going to happen maybe if you have read the book you don't really notice how boring it is right now (for me anyway) because you know what is going to happen.

Right now I know winter is coming which means loads of very dark scenes and lots of snow.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #136 on: May 3, 2011, 10:47:17 am »
It's ace. Peter Dinklage is awesome.

It's a slow burner, look at the size of the books, massive, lots of groundwork to be laid. So anyone expecting fast paced all action should probably go and watch Blood and the Sand instead.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

All those moaning should realise that this isn't Lord Of The Rings. It's more political than anything you might be expecting. It's heavy on dialogue and a really really long slow story. If you're expecting loads of epic battles and action every episode then you're going to be disappointed.

Why can't you just appreciate the effort that's gone in to this and the one or two standout performances so far? It's only three episodes old, for gods sake.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 3, 2011, 10:50:15 am »
Are the 10 episodes in this series going to cover the first book, or more?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #138 on: May 3, 2011, 10:54:12 am »
Couldn't have said it better myself.

All those moaning should realise that this isn't Lord Of The Rings. It's more political than anything you might be expecting. It's heavy on dialogue and a really really long slow story. If you're expecting loads of epic battles and action every episode then you're going to be disappointed.

Why can't you just appreciate the effort that's gone in to this and the one or two standout performances so far? It's only three episodes old, for gods sake.

I'm not worried about it being political I've been watching the new series of The Borgias and you can't get more political than that and that show is amazing.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 3, 2011, 11:55:58 am »
The thing with HBO shows is that the first few episodes are usually just introducing the characters and the general mood. I remember The Sopranos didn't completely click for me until the episode where Tony's driving Meadow around looking for potential colleges. Similarly, I didn't see all the fuss about The Wire until the infamous 'fuck...fuck...fuck me...fuck' forensic scene with Bunk and McNulty.

Episode 3 was basically an hour of character development, which will pay huge dividends in the long run. Once you know and believe in a set of characters (not necessarily liking them all), you can do anything with a show.

For now, I'm really enjoying this so far - love Peter Dinklage's character and the kid who plays Ayra looks like she's going to be a terrific young actress. It helps that Dany is a bit easy on the eye too.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #140 on: May 3, 2011, 12:07:39 pm »
Peter Dinklage steals every episode so far. His character is one of the most interesting anyway, but he completely owns every scene he's in.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #141 on: May 3, 2011, 12:23:09 pm »
Good episode last night.  Peter Dinklage was superb again, Emilia Clarke is hawt as hell and I'm surprised how old Lena Headey is looking now.

I'm really enjoying this series so far.  There's a bit more to it than the usual tripe.

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #142 on: May 3, 2011, 01:44:30 pm »
I really enjoyed the episode last night, it was essentially slow and not much happened but I could see all the plots/stories being lined up though maybe having read the book does help in the enjoyment of it. As already said Tyrion superb, Ayra great and the wall just amazes me.

Offline Fiend

• Want's a Mod to 'give him one'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Got Weird Enough For Me
« Reply #143 on: May 3, 2011, 02:46:07 pm »
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is superb as Ser Jaime Lannister. Dinklage is also very good but really he has a great character to work with in Tyrion.
Episode 3 fleshed out the storyline a bit more and should be one of the only ones where something awful doesnt happen. Loving this series.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 3, 2011, 03:10:26 pm »
Recorded them on Sky Player although I have yet to watch them. Can't believe I missed the first episode though AND forgot to set it on record  :butt

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #145 on: May 3, 2011, 03:21:13 pm »
Recorded them on Sky Player although I have yet to watch them. Can't believe I missed the first episode though AND forgot to set it on record  :butt

*cough* Download it *cough*

Offline LCDP

• Still In The Closet.
  • Legacy Fan
  • in search of Narnia!
« Reply #146 on: May 3, 2011, 04:27:32 pm »

They are available to download on Sky Anytime +
Join Betfair, enter this referral code: AQFHMVNPL and enjoy some free money, Simples!

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 3, 2011, 04:28:35 pm »
Yeah i'll get it of Sky Anytime. Going to wait until the weekend though and watch all the ones I have so far.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 4, 2011, 11:25:05 am »
Third episode was rather enjoyable. One or two bits not quite clicking for me but I do admire the way the episode inserted several new characters, gave enough information and character so I know who is who for future without disrupting the episode. I believe I'll like the new barbarian and the swordmaster, not so sure about Ned's "friend/rival".

Already characters and stories are evolving, slow moving show so far but seems to well handled setting up all the characters and been enough going on to keep interested.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #149 on: May 4, 2011, 02:12:01 pm »
Thought it was the best episode so far.  Love the fact mayor Carcetti is in it and the dwarf is just ace.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #150 on: May 4, 2011, 05:48:09 pm »

The opening credits and theme are awesome and spot on. Something that always pissed me off about Boardwalk Empire's which contribute fuck all if you ask me.

Anyone download HBO GO yet? Tis fucking brilliant.

*                         *                           *                            *                         *

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 4, 2011, 09:46:22 pm »
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is superb as Ser Jaime Lannister. Dinklage is also very good but really he has a great character to work with in Tyrion.
Episode 3 fleshed out the storyline a bit more and should be one of the only ones where something awful doesnt happen. Loving this series.
Impressed with him so far. Has that I don't givea fuck attitude Jamie starts with.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 4, 2011, 09:52:05 pm »
Couldnt wait in the end so watched all 3 episodes last night. Pretty impressive apart from the whole Dany thing which is still boring me to tears.

Tyrion is pretty much my favourite character in the books - and now also the TV version, although the rest of the characters feel older than I envisaged.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 5, 2011, 07:03:50 am »
Trada dude, I would try to stick with it for at least a couple more episodes. There are sum really good things that happen in the middle and end of the first book.

I never realised how slow the beginning was when I read it the first time round but it is quite ponderous, but the fact the Bran got pushed out of the window for seeing a brother and sister going at it made me think that this is different. Not many fantasy stores are THAT debauched.

The things that start happening to characters in the book later on make the slower start well worth it honest. You really don't want to miss out.

Nicolas coster whatshisname is perfect as Jaime lannister.

The one thing I have found though is that with watching the series it has fleshed out the characters even more than what they did in the books. Syrio Forel was ace. Arya is show stealing with Tyrion at the moment. Tyrion - Pissing of the edge of the world lol. Forgot he wanted to do that.

But the best acting that I've seen in it so far is Sean Bean. I thought the way he tried to make up for the killing of Lady by buying Sansa a doll was perfect, as he so brilliantly failed in grasping the mentality of his daughter who is now becoming a woman. For this happens with so many fathers in reality, as their daughters were their 'little princess'' until they start growing up and then they don't want anything to do with their dads as they are changing.

Boys change slower and easier than girls. They end up doing the same shit just on a bigger scale lol. Luckily for Ned Stark, Arya is an out n out tom-boy, so for him to get her a sword fighting instructor is easy for him to understand, whereas Sansa................

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 5, 2011, 07:26:27 am »
But the best acting that I've seen in it so far is Sean Bean. I thought the way he tried to make up for the killing of Lady by buying Sansa a doll was perfect, as he so brilliantly failed in grasping the mentality of his daughter who is now becoming a woman. For this happens with so many fathers in reality, as their daughters were their 'little princess'' until they start growing up and then they don't want anything to do with their dads as they are changing.

I enjoyed that moment, it was rather endearing. Your right, it was a father not realizing his daughter had grown up and trying to do something nice.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 5, 2011, 08:01:39 am »
I don't know why but Seany boy is definately one of my all time favorite actors. He can play selflish, evil gits, lunatic rich men, or caring fathers and is especially good at sword weilding warriors or army captains. Brilliant actor. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Hope to see Beric Dondarrion soon too.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 5, 2011, 08:38:26 am »
So far, so perfect.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #157 on: May 5, 2011, 04:43:54 pm »
I don't know why but Seany boy is definately one of my all time favorite actors. He can play selflish, evil gits, lunatic rich men, or caring fathers and is especially good at sword weilding warriors or army captains. Brilliant actor. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Hope to see Beric Dondarrion soon too.

I was watching him the other day and his lips seem to tremble as he talks. Dunno if it's the role he is playing but they definitely do

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #158 on: May 5, 2011, 04:53:13 pm »
Can anyone help. Who plays the old lady who told the paralysed boy the stories in episode 3 whilst he is lying in bed? I know her face, but can't find her credited anywhere. Cheers

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 5, 2011, 05:02:17 pm »
great stuff, just watched the 3rd one.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.