Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5736798 times)

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #58640 on: July 30, 2021, 10:49:39 pm »
Ouch....you hurt me Dave!  :'(

The truth hurts baby!  Not mine, or yours, fault that two clubs basically cheated their way to the head of the table.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58641 on: July 30, 2021, 11:02:34 pm »
The truth hurts baby!  Not mine, or yours, fault that two clubs basically cheated their way to the head of the table.

True. To be honest, wallowing in 6th is a slight improvement on wallowing in 8th!  8)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58642 on: July 31, 2021, 08:56:21 am »
Think we ll have a good season to be honest. Slight issue with creativity but our best players are the youngsters who are all a year older. And we got the best batch of youngsters coming through, including the likes of willock , azizi  and Balogun..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:58:01 am by The North Bank »

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58643 on: July 31, 2021, 09:15:56 am »
What’s the deal with Martinelli?. I know he was injured for quite some time. He looked a beast before the injury. Is he likely to get some game time this coming season?.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #58644 on: July 31, 2021, 09:28:24 am »
Its like Maguire signing. Decent player but Arsenal have overpaid.

I don't see how this signing propels Arsenal into top 6 especially with Arteta out of his depth.

I think Ben White is better value for money than Maguire. Fee seems a bit expensive given the current market, but it's easily forgotten that they paid 30 million for a centre half from france (Saliba) and have loaned him out 3 seasons in a row. White is a good player and his only shortcoming as a centre half is his aerial ability which is still not poor but not great either. Arteta has been crying out for a ball playing centre half and White is definitely amongst the better ones in the league. Good Signing.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58645 on: July 31, 2021, 09:42:00 am »
These are after Lautaro Martinez according to Ornstein. Where have they suddenly got all this money from?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #58646 on: July 31, 2021, 10:07:47 am »
These are after Lautaro Martinez according to Ornstein. Where have they suddenly got all this money from?
Suddenly? At the risk of incurring North Bank’s ire yet again….
Since 2016/17 you’ve spent £540m (£315m net). That’s the fourth most, after the two oil clubs and Utd.

I’m sorry - I just don’t understand how Arsenal fans say their owners haven’t spent enough money. How much more are you expecting them to spend?!
This isn’t new or sudden. They’ve spent absolute shedloads.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #58647 on: July 31, 2021, 10:13:24 am »
Burgundy and white scarves must have been out
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58648 on: July 31, 2021, 10:21:38 am »
Didn't they make their players take a pay cut last year?

If you're them and seeing the club then go and spend £50m on White etc you'd be asking questions, surely?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58649 on: July 31, 2021, 10:47:10 am »
Didn't they make their players take a pay cut last year?

If you're them and seeing the club then go and spend £50m on White etc you'd be asking questions, surely?

I dont know why you keep fishing for reasons why a big club spends money. Its like people questioning how Man Utd can spend just over £100m.

Big clubs having money. Shocker.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #58650 on: July 31, 2021, 10:48:40 am »
Didn't the just take out a £120 Million loan?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58651 on: July 31, 2021, 11:24:06 am »
What’s the deal with Martinelli?. I know he was injured for quite some time. He looked a beast before the injury. Is he likely to get some game time this coming season?.

With Brazil at the Olympics, another very talented young player but seems very injury prone.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58652 on: July 31, 2021, 12:05:17 pm »
I dont know why you keep fishing for reasons why a big club spends money. Its like people questioning how Man Utd can spend just over £100m.

Big clubs having money. Shocker.

Is that a knock on us?

You only have to go on Swiss Rambles Arsenal finance thread to show they really don't have that much.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #58653 on: July 31, 2021, 01:11:57 pm »
Suddenly? At the risk of incurring North Bank’s ire yet again….This isn’t new or sudden. They’ve spent absolute shedloads.

quite!

Although I almost admire the fact that so many still fall for the ‘poor Arsenal’ image.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #58654 on: July 31, 2021, 04:01:33 pm »
Think we ll have a good season to be honest. Slight issue with creativity but our best players are the youngsters who are all a year older. And we got the best batch of youngsters coming through, including the likes of willock , azizi  and Balogun..

A good season means what?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58655 on: July 31, 2021, 06:12:01 pm »
A good season means what?

Win a few games, score a few goals, upset a few odds , ruffle a few feathers. A bit of this, bit of that.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #58656 on: July 31, 2021, 07:42:20 pm »
Suddenly? At the risk of incurring North Bank’s ire yet again….This isn’t new or sudden. They’ve spent absolute shedloads.
Yet they let Gunnersaurus go...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #58657 on: July 31, 2021, 07:48:38 pm »
Win a few games, score a few goals, upset a few odds , ruffle a few feathers. A bit of this, bit of that.

You think he could've been a bit more specific there, Andy?

Not for me, Clive. If anything, he was TOO specific.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58658 on: July 31, 2021, 08:06:25 pm »
You think he could've been a bit more specific there, Andy?

Not for me, Clive. If anything, he was TOO specific.

Anything you say on Rawk may be used against you in a court of law!

Fucked if I'm backing this Arsenal team to achieve anything. Its a mixture of wishful thinking and new season optimism.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58659 on: August 1, 2021, 11:03:54 am »
Yet they let Gunnersaurus go...

Think Özil offered to pay for Gunnersaurus's wages as long as he's there,he's gone now though.

Auba could chip in now i guess,a days wages should do it.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #58660 on: August 1, 2021, 11:28:28 am »
Playing Chelsea today? I assume it's some sort of cup friendly?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58661 on: August 1, 2021, 11:47:43 am »
Playing Chelsea today? I assume it's some sort of cup friendly?

It's a wee mini tournament with Spurs as part of the Mind Series charity. Arsenal vs Chelsea today, Chelsea vs Spurs Wed, Spurs vs Arsenal next weekend.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #58662 on: August 1, 2021, 05:35:07 pm »
Offering Xhaka a 4 year extension just blows my mind…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #58663 on: August 1, 2021, 10:43:27 pm »
must be really worried about Partey's injury
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58664 on: August 2, 2021, 09:18:26 am »
My new season optimism is being eroded already after yesterday's injury to Partey added on to Gabriel's injury. If you add on the fact that we are struggling to get players out the door, all means that any season that will result in players like Mari, Bellerin & Elneny getting significant game time won't result in the improvements that we need.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #58665 on: August 2, 2021, 01:44:38 pm »
It's a wee mini tournament with Spurs as part of the Mind Series charity. Arsenal vs Chelsea today, Chelsea vs Spurs Wed, Spurs vs Arsenal next weekend.
You seem to have that most years. Is it usually the same teams? Seem to recall an Italian club last year?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58666 on: August 2, 2021, 01:52:27 pm »
You seem to have that most years. Is it usually the same teams? Seem to recall an Italian club last year?

Your thinking of the Emirates Cup. We usually host that over a weekend, 4 teams, 2 games Saturday & 2 games Sunday. All different teams have been involved, most of the top non English teams in Europe have been involved.

This is a new wee pre season tournament, probably due to Covid & a way to get games done locally. Main difference is its just the 3 teams, with 1 game Sun, 1 game Wed, and another game Sun, & each of the 3 teams get 1 game at home & 1 game away rather than Arsenal just hosting it.

Was a good workout yesterday even if at times you need to watch through your fingers.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #58667 on: August 3, 2021, 05:16:07 pm »

He's been pretty much all but on his way to Rome and now has managed to get a new 4 year deal. Incredible

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58668 on: August 3, 2021, 06:04:03 pm »
He's been pretty much all but on his way to Rome and now has managed to get a new 4 year deal. Incredible

I think I must be about the only person here who actually likes Xhaka  ;D  But even I think that is mad and unexpected.  Good for him for turning things around like, considering it looked very much all over when he had had enough of their twattish fans.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #58669 on: August 3, 2021, 10:42:22 pm »
I think I must be about the only person here who actually likes Xhaka  ;D  But even I think that is mad and unexpected.  Good for him for turning things around like, considering it looked very much all over when he had had enough of their twattish fans.

What has he done to turn it around though? Handle Pogba well at the Euros? Because he certainly hasn’t done enough in an Arsenal shirt to get that new deal!

I’m with you though Dim, I remember what Xhaka was at BMG and think he never quite lived up to that at Arsenal. He was great those last two seasons in the Bundesliga.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58670 on: August 3, 2021, 10:48:00 pm »

What has he done to turn it around though? Handle Pogba well at the Euros? Because he certainly hasn’t done enough in an Arsenal shirt to get that new deal!

I’m with you though Dim, I remember what Xhaka was at BMG and think he never quite lived up to that at Arsenal. He was great those last two seasons in the Bundesliga.

I meant more turn it around on a more personal level at the club, cos when he stormed off, I didn’t see any way back from that!   

He’s one of these players who can have absolute stormers, I’ve seen it a few times for Arsenal too, but those games get forgotten, so unfortunately, it’s the rest of it that’s in the forefront of peoples minds! He of course has brought on a lot of that himself, his lack of discipline to this day must be infuriating.

I do to this day kinda like that edge though! He’s a tough player, who hasn’t taken it to the level he looked like doing. Still, not a bad career to this point!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #58671 on: August 4, 2021, 02:53:09 am »

His Packing stats at BMG were ridiculously high, took out huge numbers of defenders with his passing...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #58672 on: August 4, 2021, 06:22:47 am »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58673 on: August 4, 2021, 06:35:48 am »
Maddison and White would be a top window. Especially having missed out on Europe altogether.
Need that number 10 that can unlock Aubameyangs speed ,Maddison  did it for fun with Vardy.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #58674 on: August 4, 2021, 08:19:21 am »
Why would maddison want to go to Arsenal though? it's a step down

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58675 on: August 4, 2021, 08:20:17 am »
Lots of money would be my guess

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58676 on: August 4, 2021, 08:29:48 am »
Maddison and White would be a top window. Especially having missed out on Europe altogether.
Need that number 10 that can unlock Aubameyangs speed ,Maddison  did it for fun with Vardy.

Does Aubameyang still have speed?

He isn't a guaranteed starter at Leicester.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #58677 on: August 4, 2021, 09:34:05 am »

Yeah definitely is, but I don't think he's particularly first choice at Leicester now and they're probably well up for him being a huge sale rather than someone much, much better like Tielemans or Ndidi. Plus think he's very good mates with Chilwell so probably wouldnt mind moving down to London.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58678 on: August 4, 2021, 09:36:05 am »
Maybe they'll sell us Martinelli if we ask them nicely. :D
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58679 on: August 4, 2021, 10:57:46 am »
Didnt realise Maddison is only 24, thought hes a few years older, could get even better at that age. If we get this one across the line I think it would really excite Arsenal fans