Author Topic: Any Springsteen fans?  (Read 216419 times)

Offline Mondo

• Main Stander
  • You're f*cking out
Re: Bruce Springsteen
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2007, 11:44:04 pm »
Silvio must have pulled through after the gunshot injury then!
World farewell tour rumoured to start in Oz next march.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2007, 12:03:49 am »
Never been to see him, and missed the glory years as I'm only 23, but would give my right bollock to see him do a show like the ones I've heard about, just playing all night until he wants to go off, fuck me it would be amazing.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2007, 12:04:30 am »

Cheers.

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2007, 12:39:17 am »

;D
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2007, 08:40:01 am »
Never been to see him, and missed the glory years as I'm only 23, but would give my right bollock to see him do a show like the ones I've heard about, just playing all night until he wants to go off, fuck me it would be amazing.

The problem with Bruce is that once you've caught him live, he tends to spoil it for any other artist you go to see. I find myself measuring others against the sheer dynamic and exuberance of his and inevitably they fall short. He wrings every last drop of music energy from you.

My worst experience of this was Seeing Bruce at Maine Road I think on Friday night and Macca at the Kings Dock on the Sunday. Try as I might to connect with Macca's efforts it felt a bit flat. Bruce was to blame. Never forgave him til his next show!

;D

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2007, 10:08:18 am »

I'm 34 and was tought to love The Boss by a childhood friend at the tender age of 10, just before Born in the USA was released. My first show was in 1988 and he played for 4 hours straight!!! He only took 10 mins in the middle to get a drink of water and a dry shirt then it was on stage again! I've seen him several times since then and he has never disappointed me!! I really look forward to MAGIC... :D

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2007, 10:13:22 am »

Too right. I have to see this tour.

Offline Karl_from_Plaistow

• Main Stander
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2007, 12:06:54 pm »
Truley amazing live performer been lucky enough to see him on 3 ocasions, Wembley and Milton keynes in the late 80s and Wembley Arena in the 90s, Human Touch tour. Absolutely brilliant on every occasion.

Offline bellinter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2007, 12:08:07 pm »
Truley amazing live performer been lucky enough to see him on 3 ocasions, Wembley and Milton keynes in the late 80s and Wembley Arena in the 90s, Human Touch tour. Absolutely brilliant on every occasion.

saw him three times myself also, but they were all in 2006 with the Seeger Sessions Band.... All great shows, but am dying to see him with the E Street band

• Main Stander
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2007, 12:20:10 pm »
Yep the last time I saw, Human Touch tour, him he was experimenting with session musicians. I think the only member of the E street band present was Roy Bittan.

Still a great show.

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2007, 07:05:11 pm »
Saw him with the band in '99 at the RDS and they were unbelievable. Maybe the secret is that they only record/tour every so often nowadays.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline james_f

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2007, 08:30:49 pm »
Saw him in 2002 (i think) with the E Street Band at Lancashire cricket ground, absolutely brilliant.  Definitely going to this tour.

Offline zjim

• Kopite
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2007, 09:30:39 pm »
With his new album coming out soon i liked to hear what are your favorite 5 songs. For me it would have to be these. (Not in any particular order).

1.Hungry Heart
2.Born To Run
3.Cover Me
4.Thunder Road
5.The River

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2007, 11:53:44 pm »
1. Tenth Ave Freeze out
2. Rosilita come out tonight
3. Thunder Road
4. Tougher then the rest
5. Point Blank
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2007, 06:06:10 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dfKdk6d6yQ      one step up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOOmaBbqYBk    Because the Night     Micheal stipes
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:15:49 am by chopperchittar »
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2007, 06:15:17 am »
With his new album coming out soon i liked to hear what are your favorite 5 songs. For me it would have to be these. (Not in any particular order).

1.Hungry Heart
2.Born To Run
3.Cover Me
4.Thunder Road
5.The River

So unbelievably difficult becuase there is so much to choose from. Personally, I'll say this but it will probably change tomorrow:

1. Thunder Road (any live version, in particular the one from the 1975-85 Live album)
2. Atlantic City
3. Jungleland
4. The River
5. I'm On Fire

As I say though there is so much material that it's pretty much impossible to choose.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2007, 06:15:58 am »

4. Tougher then the rest

Brilliant tune, that whole album is vastly under-rated I think.

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2007, 06:42:06 am »
Brilliant tune, that whole album is vastly under-rated I think.
Yes very much so, Tunnel of Love was a brilliant album. Particularly liked the live version on the B side of Chimes of Freedom
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline Rhaegar21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2007, 08:08:11 am »
1. Thunder Road
2. Independence Day
3. Used Cars
4. Youngstown
5. Stolen Car

Bough the River album a few weeks ago. Cried when I first listened to Independence Day. Its like Bruce took exactly what I was feeling and put it into words.
Yesterday's just a memory,
Tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be

Bob Dylan

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2007, 10:56:27 am »
Virtually impossible task to list your top five cause as mentioned by jingle gregor your choices change from day to day depending on mood. So many brilliant tracks Independent Day an absolute classic and loved Stolen Car
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2007, 10:57:16 am »
Really great to see so many genuinely devoted Bruce fans.

And so many fine choices of songs that clearly mean so much. Independence Day must resonate with so many of us at different stages of our lives. I guess the lines

Because there's just different people coming down here now
and they see things in different ways
And soon everything we've known will just be swept away

eventually resonate with everyone - especially on these friggin forums.

;D

As for Tunnel of Love. Well it is just one of the finest yet most underrated albums. A lot of folks lavish fulsome praise on Dylan's Blood on the Tracks - and rightly so as its a magnificent album - but for dealing with the disintegration of a relationship I don't think it comes close to the insight, depth and honesty of Tunnel of Love from the opening scene setter of I Aint Got You right down to the metaphor of the title track.

Regarding Bruce live I've seen him so many times now and there simply is nobody like him on that stage that I'm aware of. First saw him at the time of the River when he gave his all and last time was the Seeger Sessions tour at Manchester, Birmingham and Sheffield. Still giving his all

25 years and still he just gives so much of himself to the audience. Whether he's chatting with the crowd or clowning round or rocking or delivering the most exquisite ballad, he's in it for keeps. In virtually every song it's as if he's purging himself of every last ounce of his being. As if he's committed to never letting you down.

I just love the guy.

There's so many great songs. Just so many. But Follow That Dream, The Promise, Racing in the Streets and Stolen Car are way up there for me.

Here's a few great live versions I've got off the You Tube links. I'd particularly draw attention to The Promise and Follow That Dream and their extraordinary lyrics. For me those songs along with Thunder Road and Streets really get to the heart of Bruce Springsteen's mission on this planet. They're of a piece and just capture the ordinary human aspirations and frailties we've all got better than anything I've ever come across.

She’sThe One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-8LUvW9qv4&mode=related&search=bruce%20springsteen%20boss%20rock%20live%20time%20mtv%20usa

Streets of Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns8SVolMCIs&search=bruce%20springsteen%20boss%20rock%20live%20time%20mtv%20usa

Stolen Car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPobte6iqSU&search=bruce%20springsteen%20boss%20rock%20live%20time%20mtv%20usa

Follow That Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKKG0Lg5cf4

The Promise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0D1piuU7I

Racing in the Streets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwzG_4cmes&mode=related&search=bruce%20springsteen%20boss%20rock%20live%20time%20mtv%20usa

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2007, 04:03:24 pm »
Really great to see so many genuinely devoted Bruce fans.

And so many fine choices of songs that clearly mean so much. Independence Day must resonate with so many of us at different stages of our lives. I guess the lines

Because there's just different people coming down here now
and they see things in different ways
And soon everything we've known will just be swept away

eventually resonate with everyone - especially on these friggin forums.

;D

As for Tunnel of Love. Well it is just one of the finest yet most underrated albums. A lot of folks lavish fulsome praise on Dylan's Blood on the Tracks - and rightly so as its a magnificent album - but for dealing with the disintegration of a relationship I don't think it comes close to the insight, depth and honesty of Tunnel of Love from the opening scene setter of I Aint Got You right down to the metaphor of the title track.

Regarding Bruce live I've seen him so many times now and there simply is nobody like him on that stage that I'm aware of. First saw him at the time of the River when he gave his all and last time was the Seeger Sessions tour at Manchester, Birmingham and Sheffield. Still giving his all

25 years and still he just gives so much of himself to the audience. Whether he's chatting with the crowd or clowning round or rocking or delivering the most exquisite ballad, he's in it for keeps. In virtually every song it's as if he's purging himself of every last ounce of his being. As if he's committed to never letting you down.

I just love the guy.

There's so many great songs. Just so many. But Follow That Dream, The Promise, Racing in the Streets and Stolen Car are way up there for me.

Here's a few great live versions I've got off the You Tube links. I'd particularly draw attention to The Promise and Follow That Dream and their extraordinary lyrics. For me those songs along with Thunder Road and Streets really get to the heart of Bruce Springsteen's mission on this planet. They're of a piece and just capture the ordinary human aspirations and frailties we've all got better than anything I've ever come across.

She’sThe One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-8LUvW9qv4&mode=related&search=bruce%20springsteen%20boss%20rock%20live%20time%20mtv%20usa

Streets of Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns8SVolMCIs&search=bruce%20springsteen%20boss%20rock%20live%20time%20mtv%20usa

Stolen Car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPobte6iqSU&search=bruce%20springsteen%20boss%20rock%20live%20time%20mtv%20usa

Follow That Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKKG0Lg5cf4

The Promise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0D1piuU7I

Racing in the Streets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwzG_4cmes&mode=related&search=bruce%20springsteen%20boss%20rock%20live%20time%20mtv%20usa

I love your posts on the Boss. Always class

Top 5- that would be hard. I’m going to have to go- today, and it’d be different next week, next year or whatever- with

The River
Darkness On The Edge of Town
Tougher Than The Rest
Brilliant Disguise
Thunder Road

But that means omitting stuff like:

Streets of Philly
Reason to Believe
Devils and Dust
The Promise
Born to Run
Downbound Train
This Land Is Your Land

DAMN YOU BRUCE FOR GIVING US SO MANY CHOICES!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2007, 04:26:12 pm »
The River
Darkness On The Edge of Town
Tougher Than The Rest
Brilliant Disguise
Thunder Road

But that means omitting stuff like:

Streets of Philly
Reason to Believe
Devils and Dust
The Promise
Born to Run
Downbound Train
This Land Is Your Land

DAMN YOU BRUCE FOR GIVING US SO MANY CHOICES!

;D

• Main Stander
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2007, 04:43:17 pm »
Darkness on the edge of town
Promise land
Thunder road
Atlantic city
My Home Town
Adam raised a cain

Just too many to choose from! Can't be done. Above first 5 that came into my head.

Offline Rhaegar21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2007, 06:54:19 pm »
The Ghost of Tom Joad must be the most underrated album ever
Yesterday's just a memory,
Tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be

Bob Dylan

Offline zjim

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2007, 07:51:04 pm »
i just love how i gave you guys a very hard task to pick yuor favorites and what you think are his best songs and still hardly anyone pick the same tune.  It just shows you just how many of his sngs are just classics. but please let the list keep comin

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2007, 08:35:23 pm »

The album, other than its atmospheric title track, is billed as Springsteen's return to rock 'n' roll after his solo "Devils & Dust" and the folk-inspired "The Seeger Sessions." Fans can expect Clarence Clemons' familiar saxophone, Danny Federici's soaring keyboards and Max Weinberg's pounding drums _ along with a lot of guitars.

The 11-song album is Springsteen's first of all-new material since April 2005, when he released the acoustic "Devils & Dust." Springsteen's 15th studio album follows last year's "The Seeger Sessions," where the Boss and a 17-piece backing band played reconjured versions of songs associated with folkie Pete Seeger.

For this album, recorded with producer Brendan O'Brien in Atlanta, Springsteen reunited with the full E Street Band to recreate its Garden State wall of sound: guitarists Steve Van Zandt and Nils Lofgren, bassist Garry Tallent, drummer Weinberg, keyboardists Federici and Roy Bittan, sax man Clemons, violinist Soozie Tyrell and vocalist Patti Scialfa.

Last year, Springsteen said he'd already written a "whole book of songs for the E Street Band." He assembled the band earlier this year and they finished the album in two months, about the same amount of time spent recording the multiplatinum "The Rising."

Songs include the title track, the album opener "Radio Nowhere," "You'll Be Comin' Down," "Livin' in the Future," "Your Own Worst Enemy," "Gypsy Biker," "Girls in Their Summer Clothes," "I'll Work for Your Love," "Last to Die," "Long Walk Home" and "Devil's Arcade."

McShane from Rollingstone describes the title track as "atmospheric," in contrast to the rest of the album, "billed as Springsteen's return to rock 'n' roll." He also confirms that the album was recorded with the full Rising-era E Street Band, including Soozie Tyrell: "Last year, Springsteen said he'd already written a 'whole book of songs for the E Street Band.' He assembled the band earlier this year and they finished the album in two months, about the same amount of time spent recording the multiplatinum The Rising."

Greene spoke with manager Jon Landau, who says, "[Bruce and I] have been together since 1974 and I don't think I've ever seen him more excited than he is right now about this record... Clarence [Clemons] has some great moments on it. You could say that it's a little more sonically guitar-driven than any past Bruce album. There are a few sort of pop, romantic touches that haven't shown up recently, but were very prominent on the very early records." Landau goes on to talk specifically about "Radio Nowhere" (the album's first single), "Long Walk Home," "Girls in Their Summer Clothes," and "Devil's Arcade." He remains mum on the subject of a tour, but he does bring up American Idol.... Read Green's

Details on a worldwide tour featuring the band were expected to follow. Springsteen and the E Street Band sold out arenas and stadiums around the globe during a 15-month tour behind "The Rising."
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2007, 04:23:17 pm »
Dates are set; Bruce revs up E Street Machine for Fall

In an exclusive Backstreets interview, Springsteen talks about the tour and says Magic was "built for it."

The release of Bruce Springsteen's Magic isn't the only thing to look forward to on October 2 -- there's magic in the night, too, as an extensive E Street Band tour kicks off that evening in Hartford, CT.

The opening leg has Bruce and the band playing 16 North American cities through November 18 in Boston. Just after Thanksgiving, a European jaunt with 13 stops begins in Madrid and runs through December 19 in London. [Full itinerary appears below]

Springsteen and the E Street Band played a brief series of dates in 2004, but their last full-scale outing was the tour for The Rising in 2002 and 2003. Since that time, Bruce has continued to tour extensively: as a solo artist in 2005, and with the Sessions Band last year, playing, as he put it at the time, everything that leads to rock music, but not rock music.

Reminded of that now, Springsteen says emphatically, "Yeah -- I'll be playing the rock music this time. " He laughs, adding, "In case anybody's wondering."

Speaking with Backstreets by phone as tour preparation gets underway, Springsteen makes it clear that he tapped his rock side for Magic, an album meant to be played live: "It's just built for it," he says. "I wrote with a lot of melody, and with a lot of hooks, and there's a lot of band power behind the stuff that I wrote this time out. So I'm excited to hear that come straight off the band."

The 2007 E Street Band line-up will be the same as on in 2002-2003 -- including violinist Soozie Tyrell, a veteran of the Rising tour and of last year's Sessions Band. Though not mentioned in today's press release, Springsteen confirms, "Soozie will be with us."

He still raves about the Sessions Band -- "a tremendous discovery, and just such an amazing group of musicians" -- and says he looks forward to working with them again. But when he refers to "the band," it goes without saying that he means E Street.

"The band is the band, you know?" Springsteen says. "It's the only place where I really do the thing that I suppose that I'm most known for, which is... it's a peak experience."

For Springsteen, transition between styles is second nature. He's been doing it to a large degree since 1982's Nebraska, his stark solo record between the big E Street blasts of The River and Born in the U.S.A. As his sonic repertoire expands, his commitment to performance -- whatever the sound may be -- remains constant.

"For it to be really great, you've got to be 100 percent committed at that moment. So when you're in it, that's all there is," he explains. "I think that's what it takes to be really good. So I'll just lose myself in whatever form I'm working in at any given moment. And the other things seem distant: 'Oh yeah, I like to do that too, and I like to do that too...' But really, I'm very comfortable moving between all the different formats that I play in now."

In fact, it's much like -- and as easy as -- shifting gears. It's no surprise to hear Springsteen employ a car metaphor, with the E Street band as the hotrod, as he looks toward reconvening the band for tour rehearsals.

"First of all, we start playing just to feel the machine again," he says, describing what happens after they initially plug in. "You've gotta drive it a little bit before you push the envelope on it." While Springsteen recorded Magic with the E Street Band, the studio process had them laying down tracks individually; September rehearsals will bring them back together to work up the new material as a unit. "We may run through a few things we know, just to reacquaint ourselves with the sound and the power of the band. How it moves underneath you, and everything. That's sort of the first thing I do, I refit myself into that bucket seat. ' Oh yeah, okay, now I remember...' And that takes all of about 15 minutes."

After that? Well, it's early enough that he's not ready to say. "I don't really go in with any rigid ideas. I'm interested in seeing where the music is going to take us and where the band feels best.... I think the initial thing you try to do is to find a place for a lot of your new work. I'm excited about that. We played a lot of The Rising on the [2002-2003] tour because, once again, it was stuff that just played really well live. We've got that again in spades on this record.

"And then you've got to see what people respond to. I have a good idea, but it's still a conversation with your audience. And when they start listening, and talking back, then different things come to the front."

How about "The Price You Pay," from The River, which hasn't made a setlist since 1981?

"It's become a thing just because I haven't played it," Bruce laughs. "If I had played it, nobody would give much of a damn if they heard it or not! Just because it hasn't been played.... You know, my recollection is that it's been a while since we've played 'Crush on You.' And I'm not sure that one's going to be popping up in the set any time soon, either, you know?"

But it could, and that's one of the things that has had fans itching for the E Street Band to hit the road again -- the idea that anything can happen. "We leave the door very open, because over the course of a long tour, we end up playing so many songs.... obviously, we try to make the shows unique. I've got a lot of songs that I'm carrying around at this point, and it's fun to get to them as the tour goes along."

When Springsteen got the band back together in 1999, part of the joy of the reunion was the very fact that everyone was able to reunite. Sure, available, and arguably playing better than ever, but at a very basic level, alive. Many bands haven't been so lucky, a quarter-century down the road.  Another eight years along, gearing up for the Magic tour, it's still the case.

"That's something that you become more grateful for as time passes," Bruce says. "You know, I just lost Terry [Magovern], my great friend of 23 years. That was a big loss. And so you're aware that things are finite. The band really did take care of one another over the years, and like I've always said, it's one of the things I'm proudest of. And I continue to be. I mean, there are a lot of ways that life can take you, and you never know what tomorrow brings. So to have that kind of stability -- and not only that, but also that the personal relationships remain so thoroughly enjoyable -- it's a great gift."

All things being finite, does it enter his mind that this could be the last time out? A "farewell tour"?

"Oh, I'll never do that, man -- you're only gonna know that when you don't see me no more."

Of course, no doubt -- but for the E Street Band as we know it?

"Hell, I don't know," Springsteen laughs. "I envision the band carrying on for many, many, many more years. There ain't gonna be any farewell tour. That's the only thing I know for sure."

31 Nights to Rock

The 2007 E Street Band itinerary

Here's what we've been waiting for. And if you don't see what you've been waiting for... like hey, no shows south of D.C.?... don't worry just yet: If history serves as any guide, Springsteen and the E Street Band won't be calling a halt to the new tour after two-and-a-half months. We fully expect to see this machine motoring well into 2008, hitting more cities (and countries) as they go. But for now, at last, here's the full 2007 rundown.

October 2  Hartford, CT
October 5  Philadelphia, PA
October 9-10  East Rutherford, NJ
October 14  Ottawa, ONT
October 15  Toronto, ONT
October 17-18  New York, NY
October 21  Chicago, IL
October 26  Oakland, CA
October 28  Los Angeles, CA
November 2  St Paul, MN
November 4  Cleveland, OH
November 5  Auburn Hills, MI
November 11  Washington, D.C.
November 14  Pittsburgh, PA
November 15  Albany, NY
November 18  Boston, MA

November 25  Madrid, SPAIN
November 26  Bilbao, SPAIN
November 28  Milan, ITALY
November 30  Arnhem, NETHERLANDS
December 2  Mannheim, GERMANY
December 4  Oslo, NORWAY
December 8  Copenhagen, DENMARK
December 10  Stockholm, SWEDEN
December 12  Antwerp, BELGIUM
December 13  Cologne, GERMANY
December 15  Belfast, IRELAND
December 17  Paris, FRANCE
December 19  London, UK

That's 31 nights to rock -- and then some, I'll bet, with room in the schedule for additional two-fers in some cities. Be sure to stay alert for added shows once tickets go on sale.

fit as a butchers dog!

Offline bellinter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2007, 04:34:09 pm »
Belfast here I come!!

there is a free night either side so hopefully there will be something announced for Dublin too

Cannot bloody wait!

Offline james_f

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2007, 06:34:30 pm »
Only one date in England is going to make getting tickets tough.  Hopefully there'll be some extra dates added.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 06:44:07 pm by james_f »

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2007, 07:04:12 pm »
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline bellinter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2007, 07:20:55 pm »
decent enough song, wouldnt be too keen on it

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2007, 10:07:34 am »
heading to belfast - hopefully get a ticket now though!

can anyone on here from the US download the free "Radio Nowhere" from iTunes and send it to me? 

cheers
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"  George Bernard Shaw

radiofc.com | last.fm | soundcloud | @radiofc

Offline bellinter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2007, 11:37:32 am »
heading to belfast - hopefully get a ticket now though!

going to be seriously hard, I'd say. May require a long, long queue outside ticketmaster

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2007, 12:09:16 pm »
going to be seriously hard, I'd say. May require a long, long queue outside ticketmaster

yeah but I've been lucky to date with the boss and hopefully it continues...

download the new song here:
http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2157092,00.html
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"  George Bernard Shaw

Offline james_f

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2007, 09:15:32 am »
http://www.seetickets.com/see/index.html

on sale be quick, better seats sold out though

Offline Mondo

• Main Stander
  • You're f*cking out
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2007, 09:13:55 pm »
Got me ticket sorted for the Mannheim gig. Fingers crossed for the Belfast show. There is talk of an extensive of outdoor arenas next year. Can't wait

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2007, 12:31:48 pm »
saw Radiohead at the Odyssey a few years ago and the acoustics are fantastic... the Bruce RDS gig was really good in 2003 but as with all outdoor gigs these days noise pollution regulations mean that the volume is not loud enough to carry the sound properly throughout the venue - don't even get me started on the Metallica gig there later that summer!

Offline Auspool

• Legacy Fan
  • We Came, We Saw We Never Walked Alone...
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2007, 01:52:24 pm »
Best live artist I've ever seen.  Bar none; that includes RHCP numerous times, Pearl Jam numerous times, U2, The Police and many others...
No one has the presence or energy of The Boss.

1.      Atlantic City
 |        The River
 |        Downbound Train
 |        Brilliant Disguise
 |        Glory Days
 |        Born to Run
 |        Darlington County
 |        My Hometown
 V       Streets of Philadelphia
5ish.   Dancing in the dark
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 01:55:16 pm by Auspool »
Don't lie, cheat or steal.  The Government doesn't like the competition...